FM Touch on PC vs. Tablet

First apologies if this has been asked already, I did a search and couldn't find anything conclusive.

I haven't played FM since FM13 (long time ago!) as life has gotten busy. I recently started playing FMM and got the FM bug again. After doing some research I established that FM Touch is probably best suited for the amount of time I have, but I don't know whether to get an iPad Pro or Surface Pro to play on it. (I do want something in a tablet format as it is just more convenient to sit on the couch and play)

Reading in several places I think I get that if you play on a PC the limits on leagues and seasons aren't there, correct? So no 3 nations / 30 seasons limit - or would that still apply to a surface pro? And can you add/remove leagues?

Also are there any other big differences between a PC and tablet for the game?

Thanks in advance for the help!

The manual helps here:

Advanced Game Setup

If you want to have greater control about the setup of your new saved game, and include several more leagues than the Quick Start setup allows, then you should use the Advanced Setup option.

Rather than selecting a team (although you are able to choose this at this time from the bar at the top of the screen) and getting into your saved game as quickly as possible, you can tweak and tailor things to your exact requirements here. The Active Leagues in the main screen area are available for selection; add as many as you wish after ticking the ‘Remove nation and league restrictions’ checkbox. Doing so will disable all Cross-Sync compatibility with mobile devices and ensure the saved game can only be played on PC.

And:

Season Limit

Football Manager™ Touch 2020 comes with a thirty-season playing limit on tablet devices. Should you wish to continue your career beyond that point you can do so only on the PC version of the game.

From my experience be very careful which tablet you purchase make sure you read reviews and forums before purchasing a tablet , my advice and many others is the Samsung Tablet A 2019 does not work 

The PC version however I have nothing but praise for , runs as a faster more streamlined version of full FM , I have only played the demo which let me play 6 months BUT if I was going to recommend I would recommend the PC Version

16 hours ago, corinthiano said:

First apologies if this has been asked already, I did a search and couldn't find anything conclusive.

I haven't played FM since FM13 (long time ago!) as life has gotten busy. I recently started playing FMM and got the FM bug again. After doing some research I established that FM Touch is probably best suited for the amount of time I have, but I don't know whether to get an iPad Pro or Surface Pro to play on it. (I do want something in a tablet format as it is just more convenient to sit on the couch and play)

Reading in several places I think I get that if you play on a PC the limits on leagues and seasons aren't there, correct? So no 3 nations / 30 seasons limit - or would that still apply to a surface pro? And can you add/remove leagues?

Also are there any other big differences between a PC and tablet for the game?

Thanks in advance for the help!

PC has absolutely no restrictions in terms of leagues and nations you can load so it would be the preferable version. Yes, you can add/remove leagues.

Thank you all, this helps a lot!

Definitely will be going the PC route now, front runner is the Surface Pro at the moment, but will look at other 2in1s to see where I get best performance but still the practicality of a tablet format.

• 1 month later...

Please,

I don't know what to do anymore

I am not being able to start my FM 19.

There was a failure on my Steam, and when I click on the icon of the game, appears this:

FW:

Hi, Guy,

My steam files are okay, because my other videogames are running well.

And I do not know, if, reinstalling the game completely, and installing it back, it will work well.

I bought in a Web Store, here in Brasília, 2 years ago

"My steam files are okay, because my other videogames are running well."   <-  This isn't related to your other steam games, nor steam itself, but rather your specific FMT 19 game files.

If you right-click on FMT in your games list on Steam and click on 'Properties', then select the 'Local Files' tab, then click on 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' option....this will check to make sure you have everything installed correctly for this game only.

Try it and let us know how you get on.