[Discussion] Pre-Game Editor - Awards

LockdownGambino

I think giving us the ability to weight awards would be a great way of making the awards feel more realistic in how they're given. As it stands they often feel straightforward since they are based on a single metric (Be it reputation or average rating or Man of the Match awards).

Being able to set up an award like the Player of the Season so that it's splits perhaps like so [30% - Reputation, 30% - Avg Rating, 40% - Man of the Match) would be a good way of trying to reflect the subjectivity of these awards in real life. Because as it stands you can't quite have scenarios such as KDB vs Henderson because KDB would win every time since it's entirely metric based, and metrics generally are slightly more favorable to attacking players. 

I also think that it could be used to meaningfully distinguish who an award is run by as well. Fans could be interpreted as being more likely to vote based on wow factor, big moment, so someone with flair and man of the match awards would stand a better chance of winning a fan run award, whereas the award from a more official organization may prioritise a different weighting of criteria.

Another implementation you could consider if the above sounds too involved would be a tier list. So for example a Player of the Season award would allow you to choose up to 3 award types, numbered 1 to 3. Then when the game is deciding said award it goes down the list from 1 to 3, moving down a tier if the scores are too close (let's say a hypothetical threshold of 10%).

I don't know if that would be as effective as the former approach though since in game average rating tends to align with Man of the Match, in large part because average rating seems to significantly reward singular moments, but that's a discussion for another day. :)

• 1 month later...