This only happens in FM

I want to show you something that happened in my current FM save which i found hilarious and bizarre. As many of you know, Atlético de Madrid are very solid in this game. In my save they won the first 2 leagues undisputed..and they were on their trail to win it for the third consecutive time. This time was a bit more contested in the second half of the season. And then, this happened:

1899033986_WhatsAppImage2020-09-05at12_03_58.thumb.jpeg.f72ca7541d6dc8f1decb55a7306cfc08.jpeg

1737602122_WhatsAppImage2020-09-05at12_04_45.thumb.jpeg.ef5e5923fcb4a7eb380daccb3a91bd35.jpeg

Real Madrid giving away the league to Barcelona. This is the kind of things that only happens here. So, by the way, I invite you to tell some bizarre stories you have seen in this game which would never happen in real life.

It's the scenario what surprises me. I don't see Liverpool giving away the league for Manchester United, or AS Saint Etienne to OL (or whatever biggest rivalry in a country or a region). Any Spanish fan will understand me. But this is getting to a nonsense point, and my intentions were you to tell what have you seen in the game that would never happen IRL. 

How far behind were Real? Their last game was versus Atletico. Were they pushing to get second? I doubt they're going to throw away a game against their city neighbours. I don't think Liverpool would throw away a game against City of it meant United won the title. They'd want to win anyway.

1 hour ago, anagain said:

How far behind were Real? Their last game was versus Atletico. Were they pushing to get second? I doubt they're going to throw away a game against their city neighbours. I don't think Liverpool would throw away a game against City of it meant United won the title. They'd want to win anyway.

10 points behind them with the third position secured. It was a meaningless game for them (as meaningless as a derby can be).

4 hours ago, cudithekid94 said:

It's the scenario what surprises me. I don't see Liverpool giving away the league for Manchester United, or AS Saint Etienne to OL (or whatever biggest rivalry in a country or a region). Any Spanish fan will understand me. But this is getting to a nonsense point, and my intentions were you to tell what have you seen in the game that would never happen IRL. 

FM is "ideal of fair play". Must be or developers could face legal troubles. So, those festivities where one team "do certain things" just to hurt arch rivals (which, in theory, might happen in real life) simply can not and will not happen here. There is no "devious" behaviour.

Edited by Prokopije

On 05/09/2020 at 14:46, cudithekid94 said:

Real Madrid winning Atlético on purpose to give away the title to FC Barcelona? You don´t seem to be very aware of spanish football.

You are not taking a small thing into consideration, they hate Atletico Madrid as much as Barcelona. It's not as they are playing Betis or Osasuna.

On 05/09/2020 at 14:12, cudithekid94 said:

Okay, cite the time in real life when it happened the opposite way.

6 hours ago, Marcusme1981 said:

You are not taking a small thing into consideration, they hate Atletico Madrid as much as Barcelona. It's not as they are playing Betis or Osasuna.

Not really. Real Madrid fans see Atlético in a condescending way. On the opposite, Atlético fans really see RM as their eternal rival 

Imagine Feyenoord challenging for the title, two points behind the league leaders Ajax on match day 16. But then... a mere 8 matches later that gap had suddenly gone up to 22 points!

HOw's that possible? Easy. A series of 12 wins from the first 16 matches was followed by winless run of 9, including seven straight losses on the bounce. Yes, you heard that right. :applause:Feyenoord still finished third, btw. as they didn't lose a single match for the remainder of the season, including a streak of six wins on the bounce.

Only that, this actually happened for real in the 2014/2015 Eredivisie season.

Never say never in football. :D 

17 hours ago, cudithekid94 said:

Not really. Real Madrid fans see Atlético in a condescending way. On the opposite, Atlético fans really see RM as their eternal rival 

Not so sure about it.

I remenber what happen when Atletico made the double with Radomir Antic.  Madrid won both league matches even though they were lost in the middle of the table. Of course it was not the last game of the schedule.