Loans

Hi all, managing a good premier league team, but finding it impossible to loan any players. I'm offering 100% wage contribution plus monthly fees, but I can't loan a single player. I've been looking at players under 22 from all the top clubs. What am I doing wrong, I have only 10M transfer funds so can't sign anybody, I'm struggling to fill the subs bench ? 

2 hours ago, Oli99 said:

Hi all, managing a good premier league team, but finding it impossible to loan any players. I'm offering 100% wage contribution plus monthly fees, but I can't loan a single player. I've been looking at players under 22 from all the top clubs. What am I doing wrong, I have only 10M transfer funds so can't sign anybody, I'm struggling to fill the subs bench ? 

Unless the other club actually wants to loan the player you won't have any luck I'm afraid. You'll have much better luck trying to sign players who are actually listed as available for loan (you'll see a green "Loa" icon next to their names).

Depends on the club you're managing. I've had saves with sides in the National League North/South where no club above League 2 is willing to loan me players because they want them to play at a higher standard.

I'd say it mirrors real life. How many players do you see that go to other clubs on loan without a loan fee? Not many unless the development of the player is more important to the club that's loaning them out.

If you're a club loaning in a backup player I'd expect to be paying a reasonable loan fee and 100% wages.

48 minutes ago, Oli99 said:

Sounds fair enough, but I'm offering 100% wage contribution and looking at teams similar to my own and above. What is a reasonable fee to pay, some are asking for millions per month?

Millions per month does seem very excessive! If he's a decent player it might be worth it if you can insert a clause that lets you buy him for a reasonable price at the end of the loan.

Depends on the profile of the player too. Is he going to join and be the best player at your club? If so, the monetary rewards from increased league placing/continental qualification might well offset the loan fee.

If he's a backup I'd rather look at promoting a youngster or retraining a player already at the club to play that position.