Team talk suggestions

HallamHoward

Not sure how popular this would be, however something I’ve thought could be worth considering after reading a piece from the Athletic on team talks and watching the infamous Sitts hairdryer on YouTube

On pregame and HT team talks, could it be possibly to add an option of TI/PI/OI reiteration?

Say you get to HT and you’re 1-0 down, your team haven’t been passing as short as you’d have liked from the TI or the opposition striker is getting away from his marker too many times, you could then reiterate the instruction to the team and point out where they’re not adhering to the tactics. Obv you go over all this stuff in the pre match briefing, so I wouldn’t expect a full repeat of that, however I think it could be valuable to be able to point out that Harry Kane has been getting away from the centre half too much and he needs to stick to him. I’d appreciate an opportunity to tell Emi Buendia to start passing after watching him fire 4 consecutive shots into the side netting from tight angles with a striker free in the middle after I’ve specifically set his PI to shoot less often!

Another thing I considered a possibility for team talks would be an option to ask the captain for input - similar to how you would ask assman, which could be effective or not dependent on whether they had the appropriate attitude/personality/stats

Obviously SI, you’re the experts, but thought it was worth mentioning as something to consider dependent on what my fellow gaffers think!

• 4 months later...