Creating and Saving Editor Data

musicman

Hello I'm new to Football Manager

I've been experimenting with creating new players in the Pre Game Editor. 

Once I've created a player where should I save in on a Mac ?, to make sure it's saved in the right place and my files are organised properly.

One of my editor data files had 3 players (that I created) in it when I re loaded it in the editor.

once I've created a player and saved it, what should I do before creating another player ? 

Thanks

9 hours ago, musicman said:

Hello I'm new to Football Manager

I've been experimenting with creating new players in the Pre Game Editor. 

Once I've created a player where should I save in on a Mac ?, to make sure it's saved in the right place and my files are organised properly.

One of my editor data files had 3 players (that I created) in it when I re loaded it in the editor.

once I've created a player and saved it, what should I do before creating another player ? 

Thanks

You can make as many players as you want in one database.  And for the last question, you can even transform the world into your shape... but as you are new, start with small task, like create a club, place in a nation you want.  Then maybe create a nation from scratch, modify a big nation, but before try to read everything you can.  You can start easy with the basic rules, once you grabs all the knowledge you can, then move to the advance rules (that's a new universe in editing).  Your imagination, and some harcoded rules, are your limits.

On 22/09/2020 at 04:58, krakonico said:

You can make as many players as you want in one database.  And for the last question, you can even transform the world into your shape... but as you are new, start with small task, like create a club, place in a nation you want.  Then maybe create a nation from scratch, modify a big nation, but before try to read everything you can.  You can start easy with the basic rules, once you grabs all the knowledge you can, then move to the advance rules (that's a new universe in editing).  Your imagination, and some harcoded rules, are your limits.

Thanks for your reply, some helpful tips, much appreciated. I've created a few new players, replicating a few favourite players of the past. I noticed they have the same player ID but different random ID. Is this normal ? Every time I go to create a new player it has the same player ID number . 

44 minutes ago, musicman said:

Thanks for your reply, some helpful tips, much appreciated. I've created a few new players, replicating a few favourite players of the past. I noticed they have the same player ID but different random ID. Is this normal ? Every time I go to create a new player it has the same player ID number . 

In one database there are not the same ID, check again, unless you create each player in a different database each.  But once you upload them (one database or many), the game will assign different.