Best device for FMT?

Hi all,

Long-term fan of FMT here. I was wondering if someone can point me towards the best device for next year's edition. Over the years I've played it on the PS Vita (was very slow), the Switch (still very slow experience) and now PC. I got to the game through FMM so I'm most of all looking for a quick and smooth experience. I loved it on the Switch, but it was still feeling quite clunky and games took some time to load. The best way I'v known was this year on PC, but then you have the problem of portability. I spend quite some time on the train and on my sofa, which makes playing on a computer slightly awkward. 

Was this year's version on the Switch better, perhaps? Will it become better next year? Or is it still the same 'meh' experience? Will an Android tablet serve me best, or rather an iPad? I don't really care about league limits or season limits - speed and smoothness are essential.

Or should I just give it a go on my 2015 Macbook Air?

Thanks in advance.

Crashes weren't really the issue, more the general sluggishness which you don't get (at all) on a decent computer. I got tired of clicking on a wrong thing and having to take a couple seconds to get back. Doesn't seem like much, but it got under my skin after a couple of months...

But I'm afraid that it would be the same on a tablet. So I thought I'd get some more reports on everyone's experiences.

3 hours ago, jens_dewit said:

Crashes weren't really the issue, more the general sluggishness which you don't get (at all) on a decent computer. I got tired of clicking on a wrong thing and having to take a couple seconds to get back. Doesn't seem like much, but it got under my skin after a couple of months...

But I'm afraid that it would be the same on a tablet. So I thought I'd get some more reports on everyone's experiences.

I used both iPad and switch to play fmtouch runs great on both with the max 3 nations each save got through seasons quick enough although the only draw back is the 30 season limit might not bother most people just thought wasn’t enough to achieve certain goals if you like doing lower league saves so I personally decided to invest in a decent gaming laptop with no restrictions on season and much more options on nation selection.but would defo recommend both switch and iPad to play really depends on what u are willing to spend 

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a macbook air (for work), and I find that setting the game up on my home PC (for speed) and then using the cross-save functionality to continue on the air is the way to go (the cooling fans do kick in though). It means you get the additional leagues by sticking to the PC version of FMT, and you can mod it with skins etc far easier than you can with an android device.

I have it on the Switch as well, but do find the 3 league restrictions & inability to mod it puts me off using that for a long-term save.

Best device is difficult to say.

FMT PC: you can modify it and remove league restrictions/custom skins. So most complete FMT would be this.

FMT Switch: best as in you don't have to worry about the graphics at all. You turn it on and it runs. You take it on the go or play wherever, handheld or use it on the TV. So, best in ease of use and flexibility.

FMT Tablet: I have not used that one for a while, but it was the handheld option for me before the switch. You need to make sure your tablet can handle it. Even if it is on the list, it might not be as smooth. So, I guess if there is a list of "worst" to "best" I would put the tablet as "worst."

FMT Xbox for 2021: haven't used (obviously) it but it will be an alternative for better graphics/easy running on the TV?

Edited by tyro

16 minutes ago, tyro said:

Best device is difficult to say.

FMT PC: you can modify it and remove league restrictions/custom skins. So most complete FMT would be this.

FMT Switch: best as in you don't have to worry about the graphics at all. You turn it on and it runs. You take it on the go or play wherever, handheld or use it on the TV. So, best in ease of use and flexibility.

FMT Tablet: I have not used that one for a while, but it was the handheld option for me before the switch. You need to make sure your tablet can handle it. Even if it is on the list, it might not be as smooth. So, I guess if there is a list of "worst" to "best" I would put the tablet as "worst."

FMT Xbox for 2021: haven't used (obviously) it but it will be an alternative for better graphics/easy running on the TV?

Will be interesting to see how the Xbox version turns out. It's said to be based on FMT so I'm expecting Xbox specific changes to be there. Not sure how 3rd party mods will work on it either.