Football love and FM vs Realism  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What makes you love football? 3 choices.

2. 2. What do you think Football manager game is missing the most when compared to real football? 3 choices.

• Atmosphere.
    • Mistakes (Miss placed passes, shots. Bad touches etc.).
    • Player movement.
    • Ball physics.
    • Player fatigue.
    • Animations showing individual skill differences between players.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/20 at 14:00

About question number 2 I choose animations, the 3d match can improved and use a better graphic quality, however it's decent. Maybe the development team is focusing on other management improvements, more tactical options, etc. Let's wait for FM 2021 news and see what's coming. 2d is always important to keep the game accessible for the ones without gaming computers and low quality graphic cards

On 12/10/2020 at 14:06, inacion said:

About question number 2 I choose animations, the 3d match can improved and use a better graphic quality

Yeah I think when we are talking about this complex game our mind is set so close realism that we really expect to see close real football in 3d. Better animations could really avoid a lot of unnecessary missunderstandings when watching ME. Why player misses perfect goal scoring chance, why last defender loses ball at the end of 90 minutes, Why gk kicks ball to st's chest etc etc.. Usually its because 0.5s-1s bad timing, player not ready, ball comes from bad angle, pitch is bad or just bad first touch, technique fails player, not enough bravery and got runned over :D  etc etc. Its so important player mistakes are represented correctly if not with animations then in match report.. I think FM players would welcome whole heartedly match reports/commentary that really tells what happened in game IF animation is not telling that. data taken from code and transformed to text if it is possible to take that precise information from ME? @Jack Joyce@Neil BrockSorry to bother you if you do answer. If its not in FM21 now I urge SI to do it. if you compare it to other requests I think its easy to produce information just in text? Knowing why something happened is important and that information limits unnecessary venting out in forums. :D

Edited by Pasonen

On 16/10/2020 at 06:00, isignedupfornorealreason said:

You can see mistakes etc more if you switch from top flight to a lower league game imho.

Actually I wanted to add mistakes choice because the way ball is given away is lacking and it affects badly to the flow of the game. This makes game too predictable. I think there's too little bad first touches,bad passes,bad decisions that lead to lost possession. This makes game look too perfect and Inhumane. Also there should be small mistakes what just cause switch in possession and nothing critical like scoring chance. Easier said than done!

Edited by Pasonen