Lee Novak FM 2009

Appreciate this is a bit of niche topic, I was chatting with a friend of mine about Lee Novak from FM 2009 the other day as this was around the time we first started playing the game and were feeling particularly nostalgic. He was on loan from Huddersfield at Gateshead at the start of the game and would absolutely destroy what is now known at the Vanarama National League North, usually guaranteed around 40 goals per season. Just wondering if anyone else has such memories of him being absolutely incredible or if this cultish obsession we developed with him was just between us?

19 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Everyone has their legendary lower league sensations. Mine were Ngo Baheng (great pace) and Licinio (a true pressing forward before the role even existed).

Never heard of either of those, where were they at?

Mike Duff was incredible on 01/02!

I can't remember which version it was but I had a winger called Chris Hackett who I signed from Oxford- stats wise he was pretty poor but was stupidly fast so tore up every division including the Premier League- you could even see him on the 2d match engine just knocking the ball 10 yards beyond his fullback and then running past him every single time.

15 hours ago, jwalker1993 said:

Never heard of either of those, where were they at?

Ngo Baheng was French but based in England (I had him at Dover); Licinio was a Portuguese LL legend, incredible mentals and good physicals too, a poor man's Ivica Olic.

On 02/10/2020 at 21:35, bigmattb28 said:

May be showing my age here but no one comes close to a guy called To Madeira

If you know, you know ;)

Absolutely! Total bagger, unfortunately not real!

Cherno & Ton ton were both great, had them at Leicester City in my game.

We had him at Birmingham for a couple of years. He scored 11 goals in his first season, no idea how he scored 11 but he did. Also played in goal once for us. I personally loved him but I don't think many Blues fans rated him at all.

16 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

We had him at Birmingham for a couple of years. He scored 11 goals in his first season, no idea how he scored 11 but he did. Also played in goal once for us. I personally loved him but I don't think many Blues fans rated him at all.

Cult hero for us Blues fans. Sums up the Lee Clark era for me.