How can I control my B team's tactics?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I'm playing as RB Leipzig and we have a II team in the 3 Bundesliga. I was able to take control of training, but I have two issues with tactics with my II team that I don't have with my U19 team:

1. I can't force them to use my main team's tactic. They always use a 4-2-3-1, which is my II team's manager's tactic.
  2. I don't get the emails before each game that let me make players available (I have to do it manually) and swap them around so they start in the positions I want them to play in.

I feel like I've triple checked my Responsibilities and they're the same for both the U19 team and the II team. Any suggestions for how I can fix this?

B team:

image.thumb.png.f431c2b3edfc146e474c2cd6b1fe4499.png

U19 team:

image.thumb.png.bcca3e97846226a5b339a7f7d293bb29.png

image.thumb.png.74851a05787dc118273a1ee02e5df67b.png

Actually, I saved and tried firing my coach, and even without a coach it still doesn't let me change the formation off a 4-2-3-1. Where on earth is that default coming from? It's not even my AssMan's favorite formation.

Edited by tigerking

12 minutes ago, rosque said:

NOT true. My B team in Famalicao did not use my first team tactic.

Well that's weird. Because in every single one of my saves my B team and First Team tactics are always same.

However, I always tick the option for b team to use first team tactics when setting up which things to delegate to my assistants. It's rather simple. Maybe you missed that part?

Edited by crusadertsar

In order to set your B/U19's tactics, you need to hand over their full control to your staff. Don't ask me why, but in FM20 you can no longer choose their tactics if you're in control of their general or individual training. Then create a custom tactic you want them to use, have it in one of your main team's tactic slots and select it to be used in the Development Centre (if you control their training, you don't get Development Centre screen, which is where the issue is).

The downside of this is that you need to have that tactic in your main team's tactic slots at all times, but I think that's the only way.

22 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

In order to set your B/U19's tactics, you need to hand over their full control to your staff. Don't ask me why, but in FM20 you can no longer choose their tactics if you're in control of their general or individual training. Then create a custom tactic you want them to use, have it in one of your main team's tactic slots and select it to be used in the Development Centre (if you control their training, you don't get Development Centre screen, which is where the issue is).

The downside of this is that you need to have that tactic in your main team's tactic slots at all times, but I think that's the only way.

Makes sense now. I never control my reserve or youth teams so that's probably why I see them playing with my main tactic. Good to know the actual reason why.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2020 at 17:24, Zemahh said:

On 04/10/2020 at 03:43, tigerking said:

When I go to my B team's tactics, I do see that drop down:

image.thumb.png.ea708e8f4722e3771e86609cde69fd51.png

I can change it to my tactic, but it doesn't apply. It keeps going back to some 4-2-3-1 clean slate.

I had the same issue, I couldn't change my B team/u19 team tactics with Ajax.

The problem that solved this is what Zemahh said.

You need to give full control of the B team/u19 to your staff even the individual training. After I gave them full control I was able to change the tactics for the B team/u19 team.

• 9 months later...

sorry to be revisiting this a year later, but the problem continues in FM21...

Why can i only decide my b team tactic if i give full control to the b team manager? And if there's a reason so, why is the u-23s and u-19s different??

sry about the name.... i changed it but the forum keeps it as it is

Edited by ur mom gay