maximum number of relegations

veeeeh

Well, I'm editing with FM19 editor a custom tournament. It's a national domestic division. The first group phase holds 10 groups of 12 teams each.

I want them to play a two leg round robin and the best 64 teams (first six teams of each group and the four best 7th placed) to advance to the next stage and to get the other 56 teams (those that not achieve qualification) relegated to play next year's lower division. Do you think it's possible? Because it seems there is a limit to have a maximum of 20 teams relegated, is that correct or do you know another way to implement my system?

Thanks

How did you find out about the max 20 relegation places? Never heard of seen it.

A variation could be to make the relegation regional, but I am not sure of that would work for your system.

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

How did you find out about the max 20 relegation places? Never heard of seen it.

A variation could be to make the relegation regional, but I am not sure of that would work for your system.

When I enter "56" in the space for "number of relegation places" shown in (route) "Advanced Rules/List/Campeonato Argentino Andreani de Fútbol Amateur*/Stages/Stage 0/League Settings (All Groups)/Relegation Rules", then it suddenly change it to 20.

*(my competition)

Please take a look at the screenshot. Thank you very much for your help.

fuck.jpg

On 11/10/2020 at 05:16, Wolf_pd said:

Shouldn't that be the amount of relegation places for each group?

I'm currently editing the rest of the leagues in my project, but then I will try as if "League Settings (All groups)" was about options for each group individually, as you suggest. I thought the numbers must be referring to the whole competition because there is a different menu called "Individual Group rules". I'll try an then confirm here, thanks.