Remove the need to provide an age for privacy policy

craiigman

I know when this was first added, either 18 or 19 there was a few questions asked, especially around GDPR, but as it's still in the game I guess doesn't breach anything. However it's a bit strange and every time I fresh install I always just think it's not quite right.

I don't mean the actual privacy policy, haven't read it, I mean this (attached) dialog box.

Advertising boards that are relevant to you, seems odd to me, but you can turn off, that's good. But then the Age Gate is where it seems like something is wrong. If I click no, this age option shouldn't be there and it certainly shouldn't be required to fill out if I click no. It say's it will share this data with advertisers, but it doesn't say that's only if you click yes above. But why should I need to put in anything if I select no?

And then it says doesn't collect anything on anyone under 16, so is it just worth putting under 16 as age anyway?

Whether it's a GDPR issue (not allowing you to play they game without putting in an age) or not, and it may be such a minor issue overall, but it makes less sense the more I see it.

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 14.22.20.png

to confirm: Age only required if you click yes. if you click no, there should be no need for a age.

Edited by craiigman