Bayer 04 Leverkusen - Die Werkself

MichiD

I thought I'd make some people try my favorite team Leverkusen.

They have an extremely talented squad with a lot of potential, solid finances but lack squad depth and aren't playing European football in this season.

Starting XI:

Adler

Castro - Henrique - Haggui/Friedrich - Kadlec

Renato Augusto - Vidal - Rolfes - Barnetta

Kießling - Helmes

Henrique is on Loan from Barca, Kadlec is on Loan with option to buy, he is quite decent so you might think about it.

Other than those 12 you have Gekas(ST), Djakpa(DL), Schwegler(DMC) and Dum(D/M L) being able to play a decent role.

In the winter Sinkiewicz(DC) and Schneider (MR) come back from injuries to give you a few more options.

With Risse (AMR), Sukuta-Pasu(ST) and Naki(AMC) you have 3 young * talents.

The team is sponsored by the Bayer company with 25 million € each year which gives you a good financial position in the German Bundesliga.

The stadium is being extended to 30.000 seats which means you'll have to play the second half of the season in the LTU Arena in Düsseldorf.

You have a tiny transfer budget, so you either have to sell some players or loan more players if you want to strengthen the team.

The weakest spot is probably the DC position, so you might look into signing 2 players for the second season.

I personally sold Friedrich(5m) and Sinkiewicz(8m) and brought in Léo from Gremio for 9m.

Daniel Schwaab(D RC) will be joining you on a free transfer in the summer, he is a good backup for Castro and your DC.

It might be hard to hang onto your better players, Rolfes and Barnetta both requested a transfer in my game, but I got 30m € for each player, so that's quite ok(Leverkusen signed both for <1m).

(Vidal replaced Rolfes after Schneider kicked him out of the first XI after his return and I brought in Marin for 15m for Barnetta)

I hope some of you might get interested in playing this talented team.

If you like to stick to the club philosophy you should look to sign young German and South American(especially Brazilian) players.

Yes Vidal and Töre are also -* talents, sorry about that.

And you are right about Kießling and Helmes having a quite low PA, Helmes might be a little underrated compared to reality(scored 10 goals in 13 league games so far).

But I believe they are good enough for the first season when you are only playing Bundesliga and then you can (and should) look at someone else.

Not a fan of Pantelic myself.

Started a new game with a slighty modified version of this tactic http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=58765

Sold:

Gresko 1.5m

Sarpei 1m

Friedrich 8m

Gekas 8m

Brought in:

Leo 4m

Alexis Sanchez 7.5m

Borysiek, Ariel 3.2m

And a german striker regen for 1.6m:

lars1rb9.jpg

lars2nm1.jpg

Will try to offload Haggui and/or Sinkiewiecz in January and have shortlisted Marin, Adriano(hope he gets unsettled at Inter), Sakho, Guilherme, Rafael Carioca and Martin Galvan.

I think i'll have a go at this one...

Lots of young talent and a solid starting 11!!! Pretty decent scouts too....

I think you can get Ludovic Magnin from Stuttgart for 1.2 million at the start, as the LB spot needs to be addressed...

Could do with a couple of better wingers as Renato Augusto would be best played as an AMC IMO...

Apart from that they look very very solid, with plenty of upside with the youngsters.

Looks a nice challenge!!!

• 2 months later...

I Just Won the German First Division and the German Cup in my first season

Played 4-4-2: Adler, Dum (L), Henrique, Friedrich, Castro ®, Barnetta(L), Rolfes, Augusto, Kiessling®,

Attack = Helmens, Naki, Keirrison, Pavel P. and Pasu (Tried shifting them a lot..)

Bought:

Keirrison

Pavel Pogrebnyak

Oscar Ustari

and Emerson (not that good, though)

Sold some players from my reserve team..

I'm just about to start my third season with Leverkusen. I've won the Bundesliga twice and I've won the German Cup once. Got them to the semi finals of the Champions League last year, but were knocked out by Arsenal. :o I've been taken over by some tycoon, so I've got a lot more money to spend this year on bringing in some quality players like Pirlo. :D I'm glad there's finally a Leverkusen thread.

• 4 months later...

My Leverkusen Starting XI going into the 2014/15 season:

Adler

Musacchio - Zapata - Fazio - Sakho

Hamsik

C. Ronaldo - Kroos - Marquinhos

Aguero - Regen

Subs are all Regens.

Unfortunately Adler and Kroos are the only orignal players left.

Oldest players Adler and Ronaldo at 29. Then Zapata and Fazio 27.

Won the Bundesliga 4 times, twice runner up(once because of a 90(+3) goal).

German Cup twice.

Champions-League eliminated in:

09/10: Quarter Final vs ManU 2-5

10/11: Quarter Final vs Liverpool 2-4

11/12: Final vs Real Madrid 0-2

12/13: First Knockout Round vs Arsenal 0-1

13/14: Semi Final vs Arsenal 5-5 on away goals

Board announced to build a new stadium, finished for the 2016/17 season, with 43000 seats. After we sold out every game in the last 4 seasons(30000).

Though I obviously cheated a bit when it comes to transfer budget and once for Reputation to sign Benzema, who I sold because he was injured too often to help.

Archived