Dual Roles, Fluid Formations and Pressing Overhaul

Ahnaf136

Hey, I posted some suggestions on a FB FM grp and a friend tweeted it to Miles, who said to put it here. I also added another feature suggested in the comments of the post by Joao Souza. (Examples of why it's necessary is in the pic)

Dual Roles: Basically, a player can have two or more roles in different phases of play, like a DMC as Half-Back during buildup and Defensive Mid- Def when in position higher up the pitch (Casemiro), or a poacher+ pressing forward (Lewandowski).

Pressing Overhaul: The pressing system needs work. The best teams these days press in a highly disciplined way ( check Bayern example below), something impossible to recreate in FM. I would suggest adding options to have players press certain positions or to cut off specific passing lanes.

Fluid Formations: This seems like a no-brainer, considering that it's been on PES for years. Having the option to, for example, attack in a 4-3-3 while defending as a 4-5-1 would be awesome and would add extra tactical depth. Thanks for this one, Joao!

It's too late to add these now, but to see them on FM22 would be amazing. Because, FM is stuck in the Mourinho era of tactical simplicity and creativity, though the modern game's tactics have evolved to be more automatically pre-planned and trained by managers.

Screenshot_20201014-234804.thumb.jpg.2d6074eec3f58b0414b38f2da26efbc8.jpg