Football Manager 2021 - New Headline Features

29 minutes ago, Defensive said:

Probably 10 days till Beta release and still no word about the ME, no youtube or twitch stream or anything? Is this normal?

Yes, bearing in mind, its more geared to release day than beta, and the ME is usually one of the last things to drop, but we'll start hearing more soon

For context, the livestream was the 22 October last year, with a 5th(?) November release

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yes, bearing in mind, its more geared to release day than beta, and the ME is usually one of the last things to drop, but we'll start hearing more soon

For context, the livestream was the 22 October last year, with a 5th(?) November release

They used to do a matchday trailer, Did they not do one last year I can't remember

6 hours ago, legnerschorsch said:

Stumbled upon this one:

I guess this is a real niche product. Still, overall graphics are at least on the same level and regarding the stadiums, IMO they are better.

here are some things that may interest you ( go see the last comment If this is really implemented you will not see me here anymore ) 

43 minutes ago, destmez said:

This year there is a man who made a request about players physical conditions depending on altitude he had really made a very good suggestion, he had relied on real data the players who came to play at high altitude got tired more quickly and this had an impact on the result but unfortunately his idea had not yet been implemented

Priorities... :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, destmez said:

here are some things that may interest you ( go see the last comment If this is really implemented you will not see me here anymore ) 

Thanks for sharing the thread. ;)

9 hours ago, destmez said:

Thank you! I missed this.
I just don´t get it why they don´t add the editor. This would add so much to the immersion, while the community would do the real work.

But it seems there are already ways to edit stadiums.

Edited by legnerschorsch
incomplete

15 hours ago, Defensive said:

Probably 10 days till Beta release and still no word about the ME

You can't trust ME of beta or even release day version. It usually gets sorted out with the first major patch.

Or, like with FM 20, it doesn't lol

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Robbie Hood:

I really can´t understand all the negative feedback towards SI Games/FM21 in this thread.

Constructive criticism and feedback is great, and that´s why these forums have the options for users to report bugs and feature requests. All too often i see topics being hijacked by questions and accusations that have noting to do with the original topic. Even when small new features/updates gets posted there is always someone with a reply along the lines of "but when will you fix the match engine?" or "what about international management?". Why not use the proper channels for that and report all issues with a save game file when possible?

And a thing that i have not seen mentioned on the forum is the fact that Sports Interactive are hiring new staff:
https://www.sigames.com/careers

Some comments on this forum seem to imply that SI have given up on FM and don´t care about the match engine, graphics etc and that they are ripping off customers by only releasing a patched up game year after year. There are 15 open positions and here are some quotes that indicates that the future of Football Manger is looking really bright:

"Sports Interactive are looking for talented graphics programmers to help us take Football Manager to the next level. You will be working on our graphics engine, which is used across multiple projects and products for visualising matches in 3D. Your focus will be on visuals; improving our graphics in general and composing and rendering a large variety of stadiums, pitch types, weather types, crowds and environments covering every level of football from the tiniest grounds to 80,000-seat behemoths."

"Sports Interactive are looking for a talented software engineer to help us take our football match simulation to the next level."

"Sports Interactive are looking for talented and passionate software engineers with an animation background to help us take our animation systems to the next level. You will be working on our animation engine, which is used across multiple projects and products for visualising matches in 3D. Your focus will be on improving the visuals of our match engine by improving motion and animation and you will be a key member involved with researching and implementing the required technologies to achieve this goal."

nice hint that they are searching for graphic guys for the future. But still they did not improved it over the last 10 years.

4 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

nice hint that they are searching for graphic guys for the future. But still they did not improved it over the last 10 years.

In todays world it seems more important to find negatives than to actually acknowlegde the positives that are plain to see.

So your statement is 100% serious? That the graphics have actually not been improved over the last 10 years? 

1 minute ago, KiLLu12258 said:

Yes it is. Have a look at the screenshots in this thread. The graphic side of the game got even worse over the last years.

You mean the screenhots taken from a not yet released FM2021 being compared randomly to earlier versions of the game? A discussion like this about the new game is pointless when it hasn´t even been released yet.
The newgen faces i totally understand - they looked better in previous versions of the game. But i also know and understand why they don´t look as good now - i have the impression that many people on here don´t...

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Robbie Hood:

You mean the screenhots taken from a not yet released FM2021 being compared randomly to earlier versions of the game? A discussion like this about the new game is pointless when it hasn´t even been released yet.

I know how the game looked last year and the years before so i do not have to wait. They didnt mentioned a big graphic update as a headline feature so that we get something better is very unlikely.

But okay. lets wait and at the end im right anyway. there is no reason to show downgraded graphics at the Game Trailer(!)

Edited by KiLLu12258

39 minutes ago, Robbie Hood said:

I really can´t understand all the negative feedback towards SI Games/FM21 in this thread.

Constructive criticism and feedback is great, and that´s why these forums have the options for users to report bugs and feature requests. All too often i see topics being hijacked by questions and accusations that have noting to do with the original topic. Even when small new features/updates gets posted there is always someone with a reply along the lines of "but when will you fix the match engine?" or "what about international management?". Why not use the proper channels for that and report all issues with a save game file when possible?

And a thing that i have not seen mentioned on the forum is the fact that Sports Interactive are hiring new staff:
https://www.sigames.com/careers

Some comments on this forum seem to imply that SI have given up on FM and don´t care about the match engine, graphics etc and that they are ripping off customers by only releasing a patched up game year after year. There are 15 open positions and here are some quotes that indicates that the future of Football Manger is looking really bright:

"Sports Interactive are looking for talented graphics programmers to help us take Football Manager to the next level. You will be working on our graphics engine, which is used across multiple projects and products for visualising matches in 3D. Your focus will be on visuals; improving our graphics in general and composing and rendering a large variety of stadiums, pitch types, weather types, crowds and environments covering every level of football from the tiniest grounds to 80,000-seat behemoths."

"Sports Interactive are looking for a talented software engineer to help us take our football match simulation to the next level."

"Sports Interactive are looking for talented and passionate software engineers with an animation background to help us take our animation systems to the next level. You will be working on our animation engine, which is used across multiple projects and products for visualising matches in 3D. Your focus will be on improving the visuals of our match engine by improving motion and animation and you will be a key member involved with researching and implementing the required technologies to achieve this goal."

Exactly what I’ve been saying 

3 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

But see that if a pick up a casual thread in features request section, at 99% i would find a better feature that the ones official (even in the same field), It Is a thing not so much positive 

And you know for certain that those requests are as easily implemented and would not break other parts of the game?

31 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

But see that if a pick up a casual thread in features request section, at 99% i would find a better feature that the ones official (even in the same field), It Is a thing not so much positive 

Funnily enough, "casual threads" usually stop at the why and the what.  Amazingly SI also have to deal with the how.  Funny how that works.

13 minuti fa, rosque ha scritto:

Yes really.

In fact this is the very programmer's job.

I doubt that, for example, have spent energy in Var animation is factible while make a dribbling animation will smash the game.

Or have the proper International management. 

Or made the supporters have a proper role. 

Etc .

4 hours ago, rosque said:

And you know for certain that those requests are as easily implemented and would not break other parts of the game?

so people shouldn't want and expect significant changes or new features in this game because it's hard to develop?)

1 minute ago, Nick_CB said:

Another day with uninteresting features. I just wanted SI to make me happy again 

As has been said before, Miles will be revealing the smaller features. The bigger things are revealed through the official sources.

2 minutes ago, FedAt said:

so people shouldn't want and expect significant changes or new features in this game because it's hard to develop?)

I never said that. I just asked a fair question. And we got new features. It's just not the features some people want or appreciate.

6 minutos atrás, HUNT3R disse:

As has been said before, Miles will be revealing the smaller features. The bigger things are revealed through the official sources.

I was talking about the features released recently by the official twitter. I'm looking forward to seeing if the AI has been improved and players make better decisions in the match

Just now, Nick_CB said:

I was talking about the features released recently by the official twitter. I'm looking forward to seeing if the AI has been improved and players make better decisions in the match

Ah, ok.  :thup:

I am still waiting for the ME video we always get. That would hopefully clear up a lot. It's always later into the announcements. Fingers crossed it is very soon.

34 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Ah, ok.  :thup:

I am still waiting for the ME video we always get. That would hopefully clear up a lot. It's always later into the announcements. Fingers crossed it is very soon.

While me I'm more interested in FMT and Editor new features. We all have different tastes... ;)

1 minute ago, grade said:

While me I'm more interested in FMT and Editor new features. We all have different tastes... ;)

You are? I have never seen or heard you mention the editor or FMT before, let alone in the same sentence and/or topic. :brock:

6 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Enough of the bickering. Right now, none of you are contributing in any kind of constructive feedback, all you are doing is cluttering up the thread

I'm sorry but I think it's your personal opinion 😕 i can't agree with what you just said ...

4 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Please bring it on

I think I actually got last years release wrong, seems to be the 19th not the 5th, so maybe the live stream stuff might not necessarily be too far away. Caveating this with entirely subjective view, but they might want to want closer to beta release before doing so, they tend to show ME stuff closer to the end. Hopefully we'll some big in depth stuff again.

Hadn't realised new tweets had dropped, until I read a comment on here.

In case someone hasn't checked it out..

Honestly like these features, they add to the overall immersion. Didn't care too much for the QoL features, those didn't affect as much (outside of the loan dealings, which could be significant.

(Tried to put them in a quote but couldn't get that to work (bbcode))

Edited by Sherkey

Cracking new features. I suspect this may be the last of the old ME. 

I do really hope they've listened about default kits in the editor. There's so many there that aren't used anymore. For teams like mine, Arsenal, there's one option if you want traditional white sleeves. Raglan shoulders, for example, would be useful for so many teams, as would more patterns instead of blocks of colour. Anyway, a very specific gripe and I'm really looking forward to the launch. 

2 hours ago, Sherkey said:

Honestly like these features, they add to the overall immersion. Didn't care too much for the QoL features, those didn't affect as much (outside of the loan dealings, which could be significant.

Nice little features there, especially the first and last one :thup:

All the talk about AI and the ME - I am also definitely hoping that there are significant improvements here but they can't exactly be touted as new "features" can they - because they are an integral part of the game. I guess this is the kind of stuff that may become more apparent through blogger videos, or the beta/ demo when the game is actually out. 

I don't mind the QoL stuff and the press interactions/ player conversations, because I do agree that this is an important part of any manager's life IRL. However I hope that it is not just superficial stuff and it actually affects the game beyond a few player reactions - in the past editions there's always been limited options and it's been too easy to work out what best to do in each scenario. There should be more dynamism with the players - how you deal with the press should affect your relationship with the fans, with the other staff members at the club, with the board. You should be able to develop a rapport or a rivalry with another manager through the press - I remember the days when you could go and make a public comment about another manager - now you need to wait for a question to be asked. If all of the above is built in, then managing interactions & PR can be a much more immersive part of the game.

Goals and assists per position and hasting player to sign are nice new touches. It's literally now that I'm ready to scream at my laptop "sign this already, before I sell you to chinese!"

Anyway, these minor tweaks are really good, I like them. If AI and ME would finally be balanced FM 21 will become what FM 20 was supposed to be. Fingers crossed

7 hours ago, Sherkey said:

@Weston Good Job mate (look at Carlos Vela)