[DISCUSSION] Why does viewing Youth Player season stats require a new squad view now?

anagain

I noticed something recently that I had never noticed before. This fact is probably because I have only recently started a save that is not from the beta.

I am managing Koper. In my first season i had no youth squad so didn't use the developement center too much. I now have youth players and was looking at their development to see who might benefit from a loan deal.

I realised I couldn't see their season stats in the general view. My U19 players are marked with Y1 in the image below. The appearances shown are for first team players who are improving fitness in friendlies.

Koperu19_issue.thumb.png.043227abbb01ea61b76bb654fb5eb270.png

I used the created SELECTION squad view in my beta save up until August and did not see this problem. It is my own created squad view and it worked fine in my U19s in my first FM20 save. That save had been cerated in beta.

It seems I have to go in to the squad views and select Stats > Competitions > Non Competitive/First Youth League to see my U19s appearances.

Koperu19_issue_fix.thumb.png.0103509d75d240699a66aaa0385c1bbd.png

It just seems counter intuitive to me. I have used my own created squad views in FM for years and I've always been able to go to my youth teams and still see the record of their game time at their level. I don't recall having to have changed to a different squad view before.

I didn't really know where to post this. I first went to post it in Slovenian League errors until I realised what was happening. It's not a bug but a design choice that I feel is awkward. I wondered whether posting in any feedback thread was going to get missed, so just decided to post in general.

Was this changed mid FM20? Am I just getting old and this has always been this way? I'm sure I have used the same squad view for every squad page for a number of FMs.

I don't really want to have to select different squad views every time I check on my youth squads. To me that is counter intuitive.

Can we just have the game default to non-competitive games for U19s? Just like if I have a youth player in my first team squad I will see his first team appearances and not his non-competitives.

Edited by anagain
Added [Discussion] when thread was moved to best place

• anagain changed the title to [DISCUSSION] Why does viewing Youth Player season stats require a new squad view now?
  • 3 months later...