When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Meddlloide said:

I am and if they ignore us and don't apologize I'll contact a lawyer.

You will what? 

You'll contact a lawyer, just because you cant play a game? 
First world problems at its best.

10 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

It's usually early, this will be the first time that I can remember. I guess we've been lucky in the past. I have confidence today though. 

Yeah, not complaining, just wondering... the hype I’m feeling is real, never had it this way before... to the Beta-cave!

1 minute ago, Meddlloide said:

They can explain that in court. You could put general advertisement without PLAY NOW. They knew it wouldn't be out at the time the ads started.

Mate, taking a software company to court over a product that isn't even finished, that anyone who pre orders will get an unfinished version of as a gesture of goodwill will not make it to a court, trust me

Ok, I understand. No-one said the BETA would be available this early, etc. BUT, as a thing of courtesy, at least, Miles himself should have come on here and levelled with us: "sorry guys, last minute hitch, won't be available tonight, go to sleep" kinda thing. Would have cost him NOTHING to do that - no loss in reputation or anything like that, but - on the contrary - we would ALL have been grateful to him. Instead, they send adverts - adverts! - about the game being ready to play, etc.

I understand that this is the only company in town that makes this kinda game, so they don't really think they can lose customers, etc. - but this is, in my books, very bad PR nonetheless. I waited from 3 p.m. yesterday, refreshing the page, until about 12 a.m. . I know this is - perhaps - no-one's fault but my own, etc. ... but, again, would it have hurt Miles to drop a couple of courtesy words towards us last night? We are his customers after all. Instead, Neil Brock comes in here - with a frankly insulting "it'll be ready when it's ready" - and, when probed further, he has to say: "I can't say, only the gaffer can say". Where WAS the gaffer last night? If he couldn't come personally to talk to us, why not send someone with the AUTHORITY to do so - or give Neil Brock the authority to level with us?

Bad form, SI. Sorry, no two ways about it. Bad form.

10 hours ago, Champions_09 said:

Fox is just guessing.

i got the impression from the way he was speaking it seemed legit, yesterday proved that right so far... more miffed as SI for leaving us stewing last night, and probably again today with the dinners ready whens its ready. zzz

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Mate, taking a software company to court over a product that isn't even finished, that anyone who pre orders will get an unfinished version of as a gesture of goodwill will not make it to a court, trust me

It's not a "gesture of goodwill", though, is it? It's part of the sales pitch. It's part and parcel of why people buy the game this early - to access the BETA. I bought it for that myself.

1 minute ago, thatismetoday said:

Ok, I understand. No-one said the BETA would be available this early, etc. BUT, as a thing of courtesy, at least, Miles himself should have come on here and levelled with us: "sorry guys, last minute hitch, won't be available tonight, go to sleep" kinda thing. Would have cost him NOTHING to do that - no loss in reputation or anything like that, but - on the contrary - we would ALL have been grateful to him. Instead, they send adverts - adverts! - about the game being ready to play, etc.

I understand that this is the only company in town that makes this kinda game, so they don't really think they can lose customers, etc. - but this is, in my books, very bad PR nonetheless. I waited from 3 p.m. yesterday, refreshing the page, until about 12 a.m. . I know this is - perhaps - no-one's fault but my own, etc. ... but, again, would it have hurt Miles to drop a couple of courtesy words towards us last night? We are his customers after all. Instead, Neil Brock comes in here - with a frankly insulting "it'll be ready when it's ready" - and, when probed further, he has to say: "I can't say, only the gaffer can say". Where WAS the gaffer last night? If he couldn't come personally to talk to us, why not send someone with the AUTHORITY to do so - or give Neil Brock the authority to level with us?

No mate. No one from SI has to say whether its coming or not. Miles on the livestream just said that it wasn't Friday for whatever reason. They've always stated around 2 weeks before release. The thing with FM is they've got a loyal fan base, and we know it'll be released when it is ready to be. All this thread is basically just friendly banter. SI have nothing set in stone to say they have to, or should have to tell us when it's coming out.

So just sit back, post gifs, make friends and enjoy the ride.

Just now, thatismetoday said:

It's not a "gesture of goodwill", though, is it? It's part of the sales pitch. It's part and parcel of why people buy the game this early - to access the BETA. I bought it for that myself.

Okay. But it's still not a finished product. Lets say okay you get a lawyer to take the case. A judge, or even someone from trading standards will ask 'So you're tryin to take a company to court over a product that isn't finished and isn't ready to be released to the general public?

Not gonna stand up is it.

5 minutes ago, thatismetoday said:

You must be a real joy at parties...jesus christ, mate

Just now, bigmattb28 said:

No mate. No one from SI has to say whether its coming or not. Miles on the livestream just said that it wasn't Friday for whatever reason. They've always stated around 2 weeks before release. The thing with FM is they've got a loyal fan base, and we know it'll be released when it is ready to be. All this thread is basically just friendly banter. SI have nothing set in stone to say they have to, or should have to tell us when it's coming out.

So just sit back, post gifs, make friends and enjoy the ride.

Agreed. No-one HAS to say anything. But it would have been NICE of them to put us out of our misery. No-one HAS to say good morning to their friends when they see them down the street or at work in the morning. But we do it as a matter of basic courtesy. What would they have lost if they would have just given us a heads-up? "Go to bed, people, it's not today". Again, didn't have to, of course - could have done as a matter of courtesy to paying customers, though.

Blimey 120 pages! I've been lurking here for a while watching what's going on but does no one realise that this is 2020? If this year is anything to go by the Beta will be released on December 12th two weeks after full release :lol:

Edited by Chappie.dm

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

Okay. But it's still not a finished product. Lets say okay you get a lawyer to take the case. A judge, or even someone from trading standards will ask 'So you're tryin to take a company to court over a product that isn't finished and isn't ready to be released to the general public?

Not gonna stand up is it.

I graduated from law school, mate. It's not about whether the product is finished or not. It's about whether people relied on a false advertisement to buy the game. Yes, not worth the hassle - but the principle is there.

Just now, thatismetoday said:

Agreed. No-one HAS to say anything. But it would have been NICE of them to put us out of our misery. No-one HAS to say good morning to their friends when they see them down the street or at work in the morning. But we do it as a matter of basic courtesy. What would they have lost if they would have just given us a heads-up? "Go to bed, people, it's not today". Again, didn't have to, of course - could have done as a matter of courtesy to paying customers, though.

There you go then. Let's say Miles stopped work on the beta to say it's not tonight, and because of that delay it gets put back another day, you'd kick off at having to wait another day 

At the end of the day mate, all they have to do, is relapse it on the 24th, and the beta before then to pre ordered customers. How do we not know that the SI office servers burnt down and there is nothing left of the game? Or maybe the devs all got corona and couldn't work on it? Lots of unseen variables could be at play here.

Guys there is no need to get into a huff, let's see, its early morning in the UK. That post was most likely scheduled. They probably worked late into the night and will want to verify what's happened first  and why that post went out, before even responding.

Eventually they will say something and like they have always said, it will go out when its ready. The good news is with that accidental post on FB and Instagram, we now know its very close. 

Come on lads.

I graduated from law school, mate. It's not about whether the product is finished or not. It's about whether people relied on a false advertisement to buy the game. Yes, not worth the hassle - but the principle is there.

true, and I don't want to derail the thread here, but presumably if that were they case any purchaser could receive a refund right now, therefore they are no longer financially inconvenienced ?

As did I my friend. It may be principle, but there's no law there that says they have to release anything at all before the 24th. Lets end it here, and post more gifs

1 minute ago, Rashidi said:

Guys there is no need to get into a huff, let's see, its early morning in the UK. That post was most likely scheduled. They probably worked late into the night and will want to verify what's happened first  and why that post went out, before even responding.

Eventually they will say something and like they have always said, it will go out when its ready. The good news is with that accidental post on FB and Instagram, we now know its very close. 

Come on lads.

Agreed mate.

10 minutes ago, thatismetoday said:

I remember the good old days of 24 hours ago when this group was just gifs and banter... :confused:

11 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

They are usually early in releasing it, and it will come out when its ready to come out, all we can do is prepare:

- Children sent away
- Phone disconnected
- Desk Cleaned up
- Ideal situation wife loves the game and us playing
- Otherwise -- send wife on holiday, worse case divorce and rinse repeat
- Prepare snacks
- Prepare "distractions" in the event of unavoidable crash

- Children sent away  -  Children not bothered
- Phone disconnected - Can't be bothered to respond
- Desk Cleaned up - Who cares
- Ideal situation wife loves the game and us playing - Wifey not bothered
- Otherwise -- send wife on holiday, worse case divorce and rinse repeat - No holiday due to pandemic. Not economical for divorce
- Prepare snacks - Am on control diet.
- Prepare "distractions" in the event of unavoidable crash - fingers crossed no crashes..:eek:

3 minutes ago, thatismetoday said:

In which country did you graduate? If it's UK, I'd recommend going back and looking at the difference between contractual offers and contractual invitations to treat. 

4 minutes ago, MaxeyN17 said:

Man, this thread was a lot more fun 15 pages ago. Now it's people threatening lawsuits and throwing **** at SI just because they didn't tell us it wasn't coming. SI have no obligation to tell us when it is or isn't coming, we're creating our own hype here and it's all just a bit of fun so stop being dicks. 

BRING BACK THE GIFS. 

I'm tempted to try to take the micky by talking about taking extraditing SI to Europe to face charges of crimes against Humanity, or other things which I'm scared to write because how ever over the top I go, we are only hours from people really going there, and then, based on graduating from my own fictional law school, I would be in legal trouble for helping to plan it.

Honestly some people need to get a grip and stop being so entitled! The game will be out when it is ready, who's to say they haven't encountered a game breaking glitch last night, hence why they've been working through the night to release a product that actually works today.

None if us know exactly what is going on behind the scenes. Be patient and the game will be here when it's ready.

Edited by boroinbishop

7 minutes ago, Chappie.dm said:

Blimey 120 pages! I've been lurking here for a while watching what's going on but does no one realise that this is 2020? If this year is anything to go by the Beta will be released on December 12th two weeks after full release :lol:

You mean Post release beta will be announced on Dec 12th :D 

3 minutes ago, kanakis.george said:

Whoever is talking about legal action should change their forum name to KAREN

But I think we need a new name, as our 'Karens' are obviously male, and no reason to believe they're White.

We need a new name.

Also I love the fact that these people have it seems created a profile, just to bring the legal, (and moral) hammer down.

1 minute ago, vikeologist said:

But I think we need a new name, as our 'Karens' are obviously male, and no reason to believe they're White.

We need a new name.

Also I love the fact that these people have it seems created a profile, just to bring the legal, (and moral) hammer down.

Or they are just people that use the forum to complain every year and not be constructive or part of the community 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Babis71988:

I wrote it....it's going to be paranormal. Ha ha ha ha

Lawyers, "nerds" from others........

I cant cope with this any more....sooooooooooooooooooooooo

giphy.gif

This thread was funny in the beginning, actually it still is...seeing people go that crazy (sarcasm or not) made me laugh and let me forget about other **** going on in this world:lol:

34 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

They are usually early in releasing it, and it will come out when its ready to come out, all we can do is prepare:

- Otherwise -- send wife on holiday, worse case divorce and rinse repeat

Seems a bit excessive...

Edited by karanhsingh

Today's the day right, right?.. I mean it has to be...

What saves are we all playing?, Me and my friend are currently playing a custom database in Oceania, we've climbed to Division 1, a league where Real Madrid were a mid-table side and have narrowly escaped relegation the last two years, and managers get served their P45 after 5 bad results.

My goal was to win the league before the beta dropped, but City keep winning the league by 20+ points...