#DanskeDanske, we're falling apart to half-time: The FMCU Group Save!

Deisler26

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am tempted, but two things are holding me back

1) I want to stick at a club, and build, so the starting premise is fine, but I wouldn't be aiming to reach Brondby

2) My last attempt at adding storytelling to a story failed, as it ran out of steam, so it would just be one of many Danish thread, but an uninteresting one

Although if I do run with it, I will add in a 2nd musical reference to the save - as the aim will be building a little lower league club from the bottom to Another Level, and it will be in Denmark, so it will time for Dane Bowers to make his managerial bow...

1 minute ago, scousevasey said:

1) I want to stick at a club, and build, so the starting premise is fine, but I wouldn't be aiming to reach Brondby

2) My last attempt at adding storytelling to a story failed, as it ran out of steam, so it would just be one of many Danish thread, but an uninteresting one

Although if I do run with it, I will add in a 2nd musical reference to the save - as the aim will be building a little lower league club from the bottom to Another Level, and it will be in Denmark, so it will time for Dane Bowers to make his managerial bow...

If you start at the required level, then you could play the save completely as you see fit, (ignoring Brondby), and then if you get to the stage that you have either completed all your objectives then you could try to get the Brondby job to give the save a new lease of life. 

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

If you start at the required level, then you could play the save completely as you see fit, (ignoring Brondby), and then if you get to the stage that you have either completed all your objectives then you could try to get the Brondby job to give the save a new lease of life. 

That is what is tempting me in.

Although last time I did that, I was doing Youth Only in England (not on a thread), and after building Hayes and Yeading up I jumped ship to Reading and then lost all impetus for the save, which has held me back in my Italy - Denmark save while doing well at Lugano in Switzerland.

But if I do go Denmark, I will join the Danske, however poorly

2 hours ago, scousevasey said:

1. So just stay at the club.You really don't need to finish it. It's the community feel of it all

2. Don't storytell! Just post your updates here like you would normally!

Lutterworth Fox - Let's Danske at Jammerbugt FC #danskedanske

Hi all, Lutterworth Fox here or Steve as my real life people know me. I am so excited to get going with this save so as the big man David Bowie once said "Let's danske"

david bowie let's dance | Tumblr

As you can see from the title I have decided to start my journey with Jammerbugt FC, why I hear you ask? Well to be honest I have absolutely no clue about Danish football so went to the wonderful world of Wikipedia and chose the most Northerly club in the country!

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/44/Ja...

Plus their badge is bloody lovely!

I hope I can stay here for a good few seasons and try and get them firstly out of the 3rd tier and hopefully into the Danish Superliga. From there I will probably travel around some of the Scandinavian countries with a view of going for the Brondby job after 10 seasons or so.

I will be starting with no badges and Sunday League reputation, I always do this as I feel it's always good to build that up throughout the save. I WILL NOT apply for the Brondby job until I get that Continental Pro Badge. Something to aim at!

Now for the scary part, let's meet who the manager will be via Twitter. I hope you're ready!

I swear I used a picture of Bridget Nielsen to get that avatar but it came out more like Elton John!

Anyway, that's all for me for now. I'll do some kind of post once the game is out to talk you through the squad and a bit about the club.

After a couple of test runs last night and this morning on FM20 I’ve decided on my set up for the game.

I know who I’ll starting with and the leagues loaded and what my goals for the save are. I will add a twist that whilst the end game is brondby, I want to go one further and add another team to it, but once the beta drops and I can start properly I’ll get it all posted up then.

Genuinely can’t wait to get this started!!

Can you also join if you play on the FM Touch version?

To understand correctly, you need to start the save with any club in the Danish 2. Division and end the save at Brondby IF with whom you need to win everything (CL, Club WC, ...)?
In between, you can be a crazy journeyman and collect trophies in Chile, Hong Kong, and Slovenia? Oh man, count me in!

3 minutes ago, uroszila said:

Can you also join if you play on the FM Touch version?

To understand correctly, you need to start the save with any club in the Danish 2. Division and end the save at Brondby IF with whom you need to win everything (CL, Club WC, ...)?
In between, you can be a crazy journeyman and collect trophies in Chile, Hong Kong, and Slovenia? Oh man, count me in!

Yes and yes

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Guys, what kind of set up are you'll going for in terms of database size and leagues loaded? 

Secondly, can someone explain how the promotions work from the starting division which is split in two? 

It is entirely up to you. Denmark all the way down and from there? Your choice

On 02/11/2020 at 14:26, Deisler26 said:

@bigmattb28 Also, when you set up, let me know your manager name and club for the opening post pls!

I'm in the process of setting up my new blog page, I'll be posting updates here and on mine, as well as linking to the cheap seats if that's okay?

Also, for the challenge my managers name is Jock McGhee, think it's obvious he's Scottish by the name :lol:.

If you could add me to the opening post and I can confirm the club I am starting at will be Skovshoved IF

Edited by bigmattb28

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

I'm in the process of setting up my new blog page, I'll be posting updates here and on mine, as well as linking to the cheap seats if that's okay?

Also, for the challenge my managers name is Jock McGhee, think it's obvious he's Scottish by the name :lol:.

If you could add me to the opening post and I can confirm the club I am starting at will be Skovshoved IF

Absolutely fine!!

Saga Noren | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

It's nearly time to cross The Bridge...Danske Saga!

T%C3%A5rnby-Stadion-AB-T%C3%A5rnby-b.jpg

edf447fb76120e450c474074bd81817d.png

AB Tarnby, the first point of impact, don't know what's about to hit them. But it will involve a lot of:

Sweden gets into the Olympic hockey finals : gifs

Saga Norén, Länskrim Malmö, (star of The Bridge) is turning her detective skills to football. But those Danes just aren't going to cut it. Instead, Denmark will be conquered by the Swedes. No-ones gonna like it, but it's the start of the Saga. 

Edited by smp20

4 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

If you guys are interested in #Danske-ing, but don’t have a partner, here is my quasi-serious guide to Group 1 of the Second Division

Danish Second Division Group 1 Team Review

Are Skovshoved definitely in the league @Deisler26? I’ve picked them based on fm20 

11 hours ago, smp20 said:

Saga Noren | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

It's nearly time to cross The Bridge...Danske Saga!

T%C3%A5rnby-Stadion-AB-T%C3%A5rnby-b.jpg

edf447fb76120e450c474074bd81817d.png

AB Tarnby, the first point of impact, don't know what's about to hit them. But it will involve a lot of:

Sweden gets into the Olympic hockey finals : gifs

Saga Norén, Länskrim Malmö, (star of The Bridge) is turning her detective skills to football. But those Danes just aren't going to cut it. Instead, Denmark will be conquered by the Swedes. No-ones gonna like it, but it's the start of the Saga. 

Awesome! However, there is a serious lack of pictures of amazingly coloured Porsches in this post.

2 hours ago, JonasAjax said:

Awesome! However, there is a serious lack of pictures of amazingly coloured Porsches in this post.

Classic Porsche 911 from TV series The Bridge sells for £125,000 at  Goodwood Festival of Speed

Saga Norén, Länskrim, Malmö” | Blue Jai:

Saga is ready to cross the bridge...

1 hour ago, deez0r said:

I don't really use too much socials, so ok to post my updates in here just?

Yes, I don't use any socials for FM either so I am just updating here. Go for it :D

image.jpeg.59beb18d810c5cf923077b7aa841873f.jpeg

KFUM Roskilde

gifs lord of the rings Merry LOTR Peregrin Took The Return of The King  Pippin meriadoc brandybuck by sophie lotredit lotr* tossme •#

"WELCOME! MY LORDS! TO ROSKILDE!"

Lillevang Idrætscenter - Stadion in Roskilde

fb3ec02bb48d7e5e99ada5cfaad00670.png

My manager's adventures will start here, in the Danish town of Roskilde. I've already had a warm greeting from the local welcoming committee below and I'm off for a drink at the Den Blå Papegøje

200.gif

I was going to hold off buying FM21 until the release of a decent Polish lower league file. So, being the assertive and headstrong person I am, of course I ****ing bought it today. :lol:

Gonna give you all the details once I've set up the game.

10 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

I was going to hold off buying FM21 until the release of a decent Polish lower league file. So, being the assertive and headstrong person I am, of course I ****ing bought it today. :lol:

Gonna give you all the details once I've set up the game.

tenor.gif

Holstebro BK.png

Klubinfo – Athletikklubben "Holstebro" – Vestjyllands atletikcentrum

Holstebro Boldklub (Danish pronunciation: [hʌlˌstəˈpʁoˀ ˈpʌlˀtkʰlup]; also known as HB) is a football club based in the town of Holstebro, West Jutland, Denmark, that competes in the Danish 2nd Division, the third tier of the Danish football league system. Founded in 1921, it is affiliated to the DBU Jutland, the regional body of football in Jutland. The team plays its home matches at Holstebro Idrætspark, where it has been based since 1989.

3d56c3b92f2958578bbd31da2e198a3d.png

Makoto Nakamurasen is ready to #DanskeDanske.

97bb3fbdd0adc0c6acd77c01fca0d387.png

71902ff64d5d7cf5b3e6e43682ae0487.png

13 players in the first team is not a good first impression, we do have 21 players in the B team though.

445166b8878f59ea6667cb326ba2acf4.png

2d81b01e0922e60a6b6e1ffd1411926c.png

917a8af52174e78032d29ed3da10e187.png

I'm going to try and use my FM20 tactic, see how this works out.

Leagues loaded:

Denmark: Playable

Rest of the World: View only