#DanskeDanske, we're falling apart to half-time: The FMCU Group Save!

Deisler26

10 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

No, that's the good news. 

The bad news is that someone else can sign them whenever they want. 

Sadly, I just found that out. A team in the second division took my best and only BWM in the squad. Offered him a pro contract at 600/week but it did not work.

Ah well, back to the drawing board.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Youth Intake preview

I was expecting this to be decent because the facilities at the club are decent and our starting squad is vert much PA based rather than CA.

5a2af00b6d78481508383582ee38f5b4.png

I can't remember in what order the levels go, but this is better than decent for this level, especially for a promoted side and especially as they are a completely new club. I read online that they are linked to a large boarding school system, (or something like that), and that might be the reason that their facilities are better than other. (Yes, of course I did my homework). 

676d3f660d1db89573b9db45b2a4d4d4.png

Once they are at the club, the facilities here are also decent. 

619d7cba4b21ae710c68f6ff8abfb702.png

All in all I'm quite hopeful of the Youth Intakes that might be possible here, and I can't wait until April to see. 

During the Winter break I'm having a bit of a cull to try and reduce the squad size to a more manageable number. 

5'9" GK. Gone. 
Ageing DR who is playing instead of kids with better PA. Gone. 

I'm finding it really hard though. The nickname feature used to work whereby when you tried to enter a nickname the existing name was already there. Now it's completely blank. 

922f0c360d55210efde9c0419b186f59.png

I'm only paying 3 players actual money at the moment, so this is only going to get worse from here on. 

I have 3 players on PT contracts who get paid. 

4f09923a3e10cbc7ca55118644773f6f.png

But I also have 8 players on PT contracts who don't get paid. 

a10a5d759416382b3ccd0466447fe926.png

Then everyone else is on Amateur contracts. 

Very strange. :confused:

My DoF has gone mad. He's signing players quicker than I can release those they are replacing. :lol:

He's signed a Bosnian with 2U21 Caps who looks excellent. 

ca965b902371232b7a8699e4c656a509.png

A left-sided left winger, (because we didn't have one). 

ae673e7e80f7bf5db06ce918113f77be.png

A decent left back, (because we didn't have one). 

516c71b8c23ab65785a383c479b5890c.png

A centre-mid, (because we were desperately short of quality in the middle. 

3c30f6eb1f16fa025a65daa6c7e7bc34.png

19 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

@Jimbokav1971 I have the same Antonsen on trial since I lost by BWM. Is he playing well for you? Taranis looks excellent.

Antonsen joined in the Winter break and hasn't played yet. I know it doesn't suit him, but he might be playing as a DLP because that's what I need.

Yeah, have high hopes for Taranis

18 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Has anyone managed to get to the end of the first season to see if that 4th division does indeed get created? I'm looking at you @Makoto Nakamura as you fly through seems like I don't know what!!

No. I'm hopeful of getting there in the next 3 hours though. Will update you when I know. 

Youth Intake day

Pretty decent actually in terms of CA/PA. 

The only problem is that because (21a) is FGN and requires a WP, I can't offer him a youth contract. I've reported it as a bug. 

9ed92def11b114485b798a066304f3dc.png

(21e) Kevin Damgaard looks better than decent. He's well capable of starting for us right now.

6dab94325987891b1952d3b493e84444.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

7 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It can't be right. I'm sure there will be a workaround. Typical that it was the top ranked player though. 

Did you manage to sign him? 

I've even loaded players from top clubs in Africa. Let's hope this gets sorted. 

image.jpeg.59beb18d810c5cf923077b7aa841873f.jpeg

KFUM Roskilde

I may as well have got a fighter jet to the building. This driver was faster then Kevin Magnussen, taking corners on two wheels and taking his eyes off the road to tell other drivers to go fornicate...I felt like I was back in Mexico and relaxed. We pulled up outside a non-descriptive brick building with a sign out the front. KFUM. What the hell could be in here, I thought? I paid the taxi driver double because it was in SEK and got out. Standing outside to get my equilibrium back after Jan Magnussen the Second's trip, I realised the cold again. That
got my aching, jet-lagged body going and I opened the door. A clean reception area awaited me, with a stern-looking woman behind the counter. I put on my best smile, the one you use when your abuelita catches you with your manos en la masa. 

She looked at me disapprovingly as I asked what this place was in Spanish. She then proceded to explain. Or read out the takeaway menu. I don't know, I don't speak Danish. I tried English. "What. Is. This. Place?" She looked at me with a gimlet eye and said "This is a KFUM, you can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal, you can do whatever you feel, young man". Great, a hostal. Just what I needed. I paid double for a single room, because SEK, and took my stuff upstairs. I then spent about 30 minutes in the shower because I had acculumated a lot of road dirt and, being hungover, meant I currently smelled like a sweaty brewery. After scouring my skin off, I wrapped a thin towel around me, more out of habit than anything, because I could have dried better with a newspaper, and laid on the bed. Before I could marshal my thoughts, the sleep man hit me on the head with his hammer and sent me off to a black nothingness.

I woke up about a day later, it felt like. My burner phone confirmed it. I looked at the clothes from my epic flight from my homeland. I don't think they'll ever be clean enough to wear in public again.. I dressed in my last set of clothes and took out SEK10,000. We were off to the bank. I checked with the abuelita at the desk as to it's location and set off for a walk. Only to realise it was too cold for my hoodie. Gasping with pain at the sheer sting of the wind that seems to lance through me with every gust, I rapidly ducked into the first shop that sold coats. I picked up a big puffy coat and took it to the counter. The young girl then told me the price. Or gave me a stock market tip. I don't know, I don't speak Danish. Either way, I paid double, because SEK, and left the shop, basking in the warmth of the coat. Now, to the bank...

Smoochison Boochison 

HIK

2020-21 Winter Break

So the first thing I noticed when taking over this job was our first game was against the B Team. 4 days later it was the start of the season. Absolutely no time to plan.

I have bought accross my Fulham tactic from last season because, hell, why not!

ac9a44cc750057c6fee1aae7fca4b176.png

It looks like this. We attack, attack, attack. Which is always the only way forward if you ask me.

My net wasn't as big as I thought it was. I was surprised that some players had the sheer audacity to ask for some money! I told them I would give them exposure, this didn't work. Millennials man.

For those who have noticed there are a ridiculous amount of teams relegated this season. For those who haven't noticed, there are a ridiculous amount of teams relegated this season. Basically every single club could be playing in 4 different divisions next season. Either the 2nd Tier if you finish Top. 2-6 keep their place in the 3rd Tier. 7-11 get relegated to the newly formed 4th Tier and 11-14 go down 2 divisions. I've never known anything like it.

26 games, every team home and away and an absolutely huge winter break. We can do this!

First thing I did was ask for a coaching badge. They said yes. Bless em.

50d0777f4378aaa16515b11460514e73.png

We started our career by showing those scrubs in the Second XI who was boss. I mean we were 2-1 down but lets just ignore that please. Luckily when the actual games started we played well. 

605b827bb1cfbb1214f30351c8088630.png

Into September we destroyed a non-league side. I mean I don't know what Greve will be next season but this season they were nothing! The 3-3 was interesting because we were 3-0 down at half time, it turns out throwing a water bottle helped. What the game doesn't tell you is I only carry glass bottles. Stitch that!

Not a horrible month but obviously that disappoiting loss was a negative. 

ff9e5d993d310e44752ff007f9d0124d.png

Ok I'm going to level with everybody here. The Cup game we conceded an 88th minute equaliser where my defender went to clear it, smashed it against another defender and it went it....or so I thought. Turns out I was cheering on the wrong team all the way through, I didn't even notice this until Extra-Time. By the time we lost on penalties I didn't know if I was coming or going and I'm just hoping I went into the right dressing room.

Nykobing FC were unbeaten when we faced them, they were unbeaten afterwards to. They scored all 3 times they hit the target with, this is where XG is going to absolutely pee me off. We haven't drawn a game since bottle gate. Something that hasn't been lost on me.

2a1c5e02548e70815e9bdf6f02fec9e3.png

We finished the first half of the season strongly but we would be expected to win all of those games. 

It means just past the half way stage and just before the Winter Break the league table looks like this..

e80576986cb5882b2b9f46a71e709de2.png

We are exactly where we want to be but it couldn't be closer (I mean it could but come on just go with me here). Same GF and GA. The tiebreaker is GD and then GS and then Head to Head. It makes that loss against Nykobing FC a little bit more dramatic than it actually was.

b93ced268803c1755506340ad81d9c00.pngc26f4647aae65d28d7c73afaec599227.png

Lip has been my MVP of the side so far. Andersen (of the Oliver variety) has been great off the bench and maybe should be starting. I didn't know until I've just looked at this that Felfel has only scored once all season. Yeah Andersen is deffo starting the next game! I mean there's like 3 months until our next game absolutely anything could happen. 

I could do without the Winter Break. I just want to beast through the rest of the seasons and see what happens!

It Begins...

"Tell me Oscar, have you ever seen the Blue-Speckled Grebe in full flight?" 

You're on the edge of a mountain, overlooking the vast reserves of a natural park. Binoculars in hand you try to make out what Herbert is showing you but you've never been interested in birds before. So all you can do is nod along to what he's saying. 

"The aviaries are lovely this time of year." Herbert says, beaming at the landscape.

"Aviaries?" 

He turns to look at you, face scrunched in disapproval. 

"Yes, the aviaries... Is this not a word you are familiar with?" 

"No sir! I know all about the aviaries." You say. "I just wasn't sure if heard you correctly!" 

"Good, good." Herbert says as he points in a different location to the one before. "You'll find a family of swans over there, bathing in the water." 

This one is more easy to track than the last and you watch them float lazily in the summer sun before Herbert asks you. 

"So you played for Manchester United?" 

"Yes sir." You say. "Backup goalkeeper under Edwin and through til Sir Alex retired." 

"And you played in the matches?" 

1-6 the scoreline mocking you as you walked off the field. The fans pelting you with all manner of rubbish. 

"You're worse than the Blind Venetian." They'd chanted all night long after the third goal.

"Cup games, a few times in the league when needed." 

Only one game, one game you never want to remember. 

"To play at Old Trafford, we could use someone with your experience!" Herbert tells you. 

It's a good thing he surrounds himself with men who don't know how to use a phone, or the internet. Or have any knowledge of football beyond Benfica's eagles. 

"And you never played elsewhere?" 

He's so busy with his birds he doesn't see your panic as you nearly drop the binoculars until you catch them with your foot. 

"After Sir Alex, what more was there to do?" You say with a nervous titter, relieved when Herbert nods at your reply. 

You're silent as he continues his hobby, ooh-ing and aah-ing at whatever monstrosity has caught his attention. 

"Well Oscar I'll make it quick." He tells you as he puts the binoculars down and points at you.

"We'll give you full reign over the club, transfers, signings, staff. In return, we want you to grow this great islands reputation. We want to bring more people to Tarnby, those who will appreciate the Blue-Speckled Grebe and the Silver Hunting Buzzsaw. We want you to build a brand of birdwatchers from the ground up." 

"And the football?" You ask. 

"Football? Well I'm sure some people will like winning but remember my boy, this is a birdwatching city. Do whatever you want so long as the Aviaries remain unharmed…"

36d0e099794d138747b3d5be1a45020f.png

Edited by wynter

So 3 games in and 7 of my 8 goals have come from long balls over the top (including a brace of assists from my keeper). Hope others are seeing more variety? I am wondering if it's a function of the level of football we are at or something to do with the ME. 

3 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

So 3 games in and 7 of my 8 goals have come from long balls over the top (including a brace of assists from my keeper). Hope others are seeing more variety? I am wondering if it's a function of the level of football we are at or something to do with the ME. 

Saga Noren | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

AB Tarnby August-September 2020 Update

2ba49f304a4a4ab881d9ddf0be9c6100.png

After a ropey start with a thumping from Middelfart and scraping a 3-2 win against a non-league side with 1 real player we've hit an excellent run of form. We're not the best at the back, but we are a machine going forward.

82ed7b7177536fe5c227849afdbc7c94.png

6 games, 5 wins and we're on top due to our goal difference. Not sure if we'll keep it up, but it'll do for now!

7b082f1fc6dc3be7df8ef4746a56a8f4.png

It is a completely revamped side, with most of the originals released and a focus on determined, hard-working players. Our forward line is a mix of experience and youth and has been causing all sorts of trouble for defences. Nielsen picked up an injury, but Fonss stepped up to the striker role and smashed in 4 in his absence!

f810ef3847dfb2f490f592085cc7e51a.png

It's not very creative, or imaginative, but Sagaball is just like a machine. Noone is given overall creativity, but everyone is afforded the chance for riskier passing.

(21a) Joseph Obi (NGA) has had his WP rejected. 

It was rejected on the grounds that he does not meet the minimum wage requirements of £750 pw. 

He has however signed a Youth contract. 

Gyazo isn't working right now so I'm unable to show you pics. 

He is able to play for the U19's and has done, but he came through ranked #1 in terms of PA and only 1 of the existing squad had better PA than him so I need a resolution. 

I have applied again for a WP. 

[Edit]

The WP was rejected on the same grounds.

57ce933f31b736391a19a408faf50be7.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971