[FM21] - Frankfurt FC

s0ni42

Screenshots to follow. Productive both on and off pitch. We have hung around top of table my squeeking by with results, not performance. Defensively we have been among the best in Europe's big 5, but we struggle to consistently create opportunities. David Abraham confusingly went through with retirement on 1/17/2021 which left a little gap combined with Hasebe being out for remainder of year with a hip problem. With two captains down, we did not quite have a clear enough picture for transfer targets to pull the trigger quite yet. We did bring in Saliba from Arsenal and Connoly from Brighton on loans to bolster our depth. Neither will slot in for full-time games unless an injury occurs. We have reshaped our staff and will be adding a second team at year end. This should help us better balance our transition from youth to first team. All in all, fun save, balanced league. Just don't have enough creative firepower (and my tactics may be too conservative as well). N'Dicka has been strong in defense, Sow has been good in midfield, Silva has been good up front. I have been pleasantly surprised with Kamada as I did not initially rate him and preferred 3 in central midfield to start season.

That looks very good actually. 3rd they would take IRL. 

Abraham also insisted to go back home ASAP, so I told him ok and it would be in January already instead of end of the year. 

There's definitely something this team needs. I think the midfield is too defensive. They need a creative spark. Maybe a creative striker (DLF/F9) as well. 

7 hours ago, tyro said:

That looks very good actually. 3rd they would take IRL. 

Abraham also insisted to go back home ASAP, so I told him ok and it would be in January already instead of end of the year. 

There's definitely something this team needs. I think the midfield is too defensive. They need a creative spark. Maybe a creative striker (DLF/F9) as well. 

Yes, I would like to transition to more of 343 look but may take a few windows. Sow pretty good offensive attributes but no flair. Everyone else is fully defensive, agree. 

Greetings from Frankfurt :)

Please do me a favour, don't call it Frankfurt FC, this hurts my eyes :eek:

The club is called SG Eintracht Frankfurt, which means "Sport Community Unity Frankfurt". Many people in Germany also call the club simple SGE.

I'm a long term fan (over 40 years) and season ticket holder. Let me tell you something about the club. Founded in 1899 it is one of Germanys largest and traditional football club. 

In 1959 we one our first and only championship and we were runner up in the upcoming uefa championship finale against Real Madrid in Glasgow. The final was played before 127.000 spectators and named as the greatest macht ever played. Real won the final 7:3. 

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/03/28/frankfurt-the-story-of-the-other-team-in-the-greatest-game-ever-played/

The Eintracht won 5 German Cups and also the Uefa Cup in 1980. A lot of great players like Jürgen Grabowski, Bum Kun Cha, Anthony Yeboah, Jay Jay Okocha, Andy Möller and in the younger days Ante Rebic and Luka Jovic played in Frankfurt. The Eintracht was always a club for the special moments, last minute wins, relegation, drama. Not for championships. Since we were first relegated in 1996 the fans become one of the largest and loudest crowd in Europe. Without seeing many special moments in the last 30 years we started 3 years ago a very special phase. Imagine your last Cup win is 30 years ago, you're playing against Bayern Munich, standing in the stand and you're leading 2:1 in additional time. And then this happens. You have ten seconds to realise that you will win your first title after ****ing 30 years. An amazing feeling boys :D

After this win we run over the Euroleague with some iconic games against Lazio, Olympic, Schachtjor, Inter, Benfica and Chelsea. Maybe you all remember our half finale against Chelsea last year?  This is what happens before the game in Frankfurt :) 

I don't want to bore you, if you would like to know much more about the SGE, please let me know and I'm happy to tell you.

At the moment we're struggling a little bit, no wonder after 3 years without limits. But we have a good team with some interesting players like Andre Silva, Evan NDicka and Filip Kostic. Usually we're playing a high pressing 3-5-2. If you have any questions regarding Players, Fans, Tactic please let me know. I'm happy to help and I will follow your progress of course. Have fun :brock:

First season wrapped. Great results down the stretch to hold onto 3rd place. Champions League next year will really stress our depth. Dost tore achilles with a good many games to go and it took some adjustment to get us clicking again. The bigger issue that presents is we have potential major hole for next year as he will not recover at his advanced age. I have 4 good deals in place already for the summer. I will post once the dust settles with an update. 

image.png.cc7219c04d90064cd6265bf5e42d0c91.png

As we head into the Winter Break, below is my transfer summary from the summer along with results for first part of year. We started off awful and have gradually climbed our way just now back into the top 4. Due to some injuries, we had to slot a lot of new guys in before proper integration was achieved and the results bared this challenge. We have, again, primarily played a 3412 but our two large signings are good inside forwards and we have slowly been introducing 343 as well as our original defensive stalwart formation of 352. Not expecting too much activity in January aside from a few outgoings: Barkock on loan, Tuta on loan or sell, Da Costa before allowing him to move on a free, Dost before allowing him to move on a free could all happen. We plan to bring in a right-sided central defender to replace Ilsanker for next year. Kostic wants too much money and will likely be moved on in summer, or at minimum, we will prepare for a transition away from him next year. 

We are out of cup, but into knockouts for Champions league. We had a gritty 1-0 win at Real Madrid after they had already sealed their place. 

image.thumb.png.3479988f031879663d3cdea6d5186087.png

image.thumb.png.c148f6c75cf82f75d8594c1b9b20e88e.png

image.png.88a188bd444943fa62c972079e55e649.png

• 2 months later...
On 29/11/2020 at 16:47, tyro said:

Looking forward. 

Fired up my Frankfurt save again as I had some idea to set up my 532 and a 442. Went back to basics a bit and then thought heck let's play Dost at the role the Ass man suggests - Poacher. 

Played against Dortmund and we dominated with Dost hitting 2 and Abraham 1 for a 3-0 against a team i thought would demolish us. 

Seems the weaker teams are having a better time against us than the big boys. But the adjusted tactics are a bit more conservative, so let's see. 

How is it going? Ive started a Frankfurt-save myself. Havent really played since 2015. That was surely My favourite FM. I personally think Frankfurt is an interesting club and having some great fans, but my god am i getting My ass kicked... 

• 7 months later...