[Discussion] Several suggestions concerning the game and the pre-game editor

Simiabro

Hello everyone,

I've recently listed some ideas I had about features that could be improved, it's too late for FM21 I know, but for future games I think it could be interesting, and I'd like to see your opinions about it. I think that for some, it won't be possible to make it but I'll talk about it anyway. Most of my suggestions will be based with my saves in french leagues (1 & 2) with Sochaux.

Here are my suggestions :

- Players on loan

First, I'd like to talk about players who are on loan. At the moment, the players come back to the club at the end of the loan contract (in most cases it's 30th of June) whereas in real life, they leave the club where they're loaned like 1 or 2 days after the end of the season and come back to the club once the preseason begin. I would like to see this in FM if possible (this could be hard because of contract)

- Best eleven

I think that this feature is really great, but could be improved. Indeed, I met some inconsistencies with this feature. For example, it's old as it's FM15 Classic, but we can see that the offensive players Maupay, Cartier & Bathé take the place of Aolie, Bowyer & Martin (It's not written there but they are in the same field position).

Global_2049.png.0fc87da645be14ae1c796f0cacf74b50.png

- Legends, Icons and favoured personnel

Like the "Best eleven", I find it really cool but it can be improved too. For example, this year, I've got a player that is really great and he's been really consistent.

411437889_FernandoHenrique_CareerStats.thumb.png.684bfd06074e0e917984f24dcea6efdb.pngHe appeared for the first time in the legends of the club, which was deserved obviously. Then, I checked again and he disappeared. So i was confused as it's the first time it happened to me. Then, he won the Ballon d'Or and came back to legends. I thought it would be over but no, he disappeared again.

The other player I want to talk about is Maxence Caqueret :1492279851_MaxenceCaqueret_CareerStats.thumb.png.7c39625aeecbf7883cbcbb6a1921539c.pngHe has played with me during 13 years and won almost everything he could win with me, he became the captain of the team. Nevertheless, he never appeared as a legend. The same thing happened with Maxence Lacroix who became the player with the most number of matches of the history of the club.

In the other way, a player became an icon after only 2 seasons with only a few goals scored.

To conclude, I'd say that this feature need to be a little more improved to be perfect. In this example, I'd say that three of them deserve to be legends.

- Family links

For this, it's really personnal but I'd like to see more often players who are "family-related" like siblings or childs, it's something I see really often especially in the development center of Sochaux (Pellissard brothers Jessim, Selim & Kais are in youth team of Sochaux, there are the sons of 2 Sochaux coaches in U15 and other cases) but also in other teams (Fekir or Kalulu family in Lyon for the most obvious). I think it could add more emotional attachment to newgens. I think it's possible to get a son as newgen in FM, but it seems to be really difficult even after more than 30 years in the same club.

- Squad building

I think it would be cool to get a squad builder tab that would work as Futhead, which mean we type a player name and add him to the squad builder. There we could have both your players and other players in the same tactic to see how you can involve new players in your tactic or just to create your "goal team" for a given date.

- Lower divisions players

I think it's really because of the way players potential are designed, but I think that it would be cool to get more players like Kanté, Vardy or other players in low divisions that shine later than others. Currently, players who got high PA but not great CA after 23 years get stuck at this low CA.

- Unambitious players

In my opinion, there are too much players who got low ambition in youth intakes compared to what I see IRL, most of young players seem to be more and more ambitious especially nowadays when young players are more and more important in clubs.

- Pre game editor

This year, the way researches work in editor seem to have changed. In fact now, if I'm looking for a player for example, the editor will try to search while I'm typing the name which is great I guess, but for me, it was impossible to both type a name in the editor and watch a Youtube video for example, it keeps freezing the video until I stop writting. For little database it's ok but for huge ones, it becomes frustrating to hear the video freezing. I think it could be great either to come back to how it worked before or to let us choose if we want the editor to search item while typing or only after submitting the request.

That's all for today. Tell me if I haven't been clear about my ideas.

Edited by Simiabro

• Simiabro changed the title to [Discussion] Several suggestions concerning the game and the pre-game editor
  • 3 months later...