What's your Beta Save going to be??

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My team I support, Southend united 😞😪 unfortunately I don’t think you’ll get a tougher job in the English leagues than to turn us around and not get relegated. One almighty ask!

on a side note do most people only use the beta as a trial? I kinda want to use the beta as my main save and not have to restart etc

Liverpool. 

Although I might change the habit of a lifetime and manage another PL club on full release. I'm thinking about Arsenal and an Invincibles inspired 4-4-2.

I used to always have a Liverpool save, attempting to restore us to the winning machine of 1970s and 1980s.

I love recreations. Tactically it would be a 4-4-1-1 pass and move, signing up and coming U-23s, technique training and appointing former players to the backroom team.

Anyway, Klopp is well on the way to restoring the Red Machine of yesteryear. The downside for me Fm wise is the challenge has gone out of managing Liverpool. I won the Treble in my first FM20 season with a Klopp 4-3-3. Absolutely annihilated anybody that came our way.

Recreating Wenger's Arsenal of 2002-04 does appeal and I'll be doing a bit of research between now and full release.

3 hours ago, sufcdan said:

My team I support, Southend united 😞😪 unfortunately I don’t think you’ll get a tougher job in the English leagues than to turn us around and not get relegated. One almighty ask!

on a side note do most people only use the beta as a trial? I kinda want to use the beta as my main save and not have to restart etc

I did this with my team, Birmingham City last year. I played from beta about 3 seasons before getting promoted then encountering a bug and I ended up ditching the save halfway through my first season in the prem.

Has to be Dortmund. They have a savage young squad!

Outside of the 1st team of Haaland, Sancho and Reyna they have the likes of Collins, Cisse, Lute - frie, Semic, Bamba, Naoh, Mata and of course Moukoko. Given Moukoko is only 15 will he be included?

Can never get away from doing Arsenal ... usually my beta save lasts well into the full release too. 

On a side note, I just started my first, real journeyman save and could not get into it at all. I love the idea of it, but it was not as fun in practice as I expected. My time is also very limited now, so that might be part of it. 

18 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Very much looking forward to managin my beloved Everton this year! Can't remember when i was last looking forward to getting to know(then upset) my squad so much.

Very fond memories of winning the Champions League with them back in FM12/14 beating Barca 4-3 in the final. Jose Baxter was THE man!

I have a few save ideas in mind, but the one I'm leaning towards starting with is taking on MLS expansion club Austin FC, with the expectation that will evolve into a western hemisphere journeyman save; however, there were issues with using Inter Miami during beta last year, so that may not be viable. 

If not, then maybe just let the randomizer pick for me.

Well for full release I’m planning a bare bones, back to basics, realistic journeyman career. Starting unemployed with a fair few countries loaded and seeing where I end up. 

As for the beta it’ll be Aston Villa, same as last year. Get a feel for the new features at a more established club!

22 ore fa, sufcdan ha scritto:

Shrimpers supporter here, from Italy, thanks to good ol' FM05 who made me fell in love with them. Every 2 or 3 season I take them to glory with a long lasting save who takes the entire year, last time I took them til Champions League final in FM19 and hope to do the same with 21. This time I think will be definitely harder!

I don’t generally have a beta save.  I “set up” my FM for use for the rest of the year. So downloads etc.  I also load all leagues and all nations immediately and save that file so I can refer to it if needed.  Usually when I want a new save and need inspiration.

I then play as several teams - a top team, a second or third tier team and a non league team - testing tactics to get a range of tactics as a base I then use all year.  They obviously get tweaked as and when required, but the base is the same.

Then on November 24, I start my main save.  Which this year is a youth only save as FC United of Manchester after I had some success with them this year.

As the profile icon suggests I'm a Shrewsbury Town fan. As much as I want to start with them ASAP and rid us all of the memory of Sam Ricketts, for the BETA (for the purpose of learning the new game) and with the likely COVID financial impacts I'll probably pick up a decent sized club with good prospects in the Championship - someone like Norwich City or Brentford.

I'll be doing a short Bristol City save for BETA. Get an idea of the new features, test my formation, etc.

Full release will be a journeyman at a random Serie C team. FM20 went from Monopoli, Chippenham, Hemel Hempstead, Malmo & Bayern.

I'm still trying to piece together a story in my head to help immerse myself in this years game fully and i'm looking at being much more involved such as creating my own tactics and such, i remember watching serie A as a kid and had a soft spot for Lazio so I may go for them and if it goes well continue it, I normally have a south american save going too but not decided yet.

Not preordered, but my demo game will be with my team, Aldershot, to spend six game months getting used to new features and in particular any changes to the match engine/tactics.

Then assuming no showstoppers (which from the twitch stream looks unlikely) buy the game and start a career with the five British and Irish leagues loaded, starting at Armagh in Northern Ireland where most of my FM careers begin.

I'll come back to my home country, Croatia, and take a fallen giant that has not won a league since 2004/5 season! HNK Hajduk Split. For what is arguably the best club in the country, sickens me to say as Dinamo Zagreb fan, it is pretty remarkable how bad the management is last 15 years - from front office, to coaches, to youth. This is the same team that has discarded Modrić and Višća cos they were too weak, among many others. And I plan to revert it to how Hajduk is supposed to look and feel.

I wanna put the plan that failed in real life - Naša dica. Or for people not knowing Dalmatian dialect of Croatian language - Our kids.

My plan is to always have 15 youth academy players OR players that are HGC by the time they are 19 in the first team which is a stark contrast from the situation that is around the club in last 10 or so years. And try to have rest of the players be from Croatia as well. A foreign player has to be a lot better than the one that is home-grown and especially if he is from my academy! Another plan is to sell off youth academy players to other, worse, Croatian teams in order for them to be better even if it means that I do not get as much money.

And since I have B team in second tier I also wanna have a smooth production line of talent and this makes it incredibly easier to achieve.