What's your Beta Save going to be??

I might do Union Berlin again. I had some real fun with them last year (beside the press being idiotic) and they got some really good new players on top. Not to mention that Gogia is my all-time FM-hero!

Close seconds are Leverkusen (always on my list but somehow I never get it going because they almost have too much talent, making it hard to choose) and Hoffenheim (I just like their squad; I just hope that this year SI picks the right cutoff date for injuries ^^)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to play with either Wolfsburg or Stuttgart but then there was a thread on Eintracht Frankfurt which really got me interested as I haven't played with them yet. I will start the Beta with them and see how it goes. Maybe later I go down to 3rd division with either Kaiserslautern or Dynamo Dresden, or I will for the first time do a journeyman and start without a club and see where it takes me.

1 minute ago, tyro said:

I was going to play with either Wolfsburg or Stuttgart but then there was a thread on Eintracht Frankfurt which really got me interested as I haven't played with them yet. I will start the Beta with them and see how it goes. Maybe later I go down to 3rd division with either Kaiserslautern or Dynamo Dresden, or I will for the first time do a journeyman and start without a club and see where it takes me.

Wolfsburg will be my obligatory long-term save on the release-version :)

Stuttgart and Frankfurt are both plenty of fun. Nice balance in the squad and at least in the last two years the team role and playing time nicely matched up. Plus, they can both play a lot of formations and tactics. If W(a) are still as strong as in 20, Kostic will be a machine in player hands! 

Lautern was my beta-save last year. Re-awakened my love for the 4132 and was plenty of fun on the transfer market because in the third league money actually matters. 

Seeing as we're talking of German football at the mo I'll hijack the thread a bit to say I'll be playing in the german leagues later but gunna wait for the database down to the 6th tier. I had a lot of fun this year taking Gütersloh up to the Bundesliga  from Oberliga Westfalen so I now wanna take an East German team from a step even further down all the way up and try to win the Bundesliga.

Gonna go with Newcastle in the beta, going to do what the muppet in charge can’t do and get the best out of ASM, Wilson and Fraser. If only the FA had done the correct thing and it would have been a South Shields save in the conference north but the less I say about the the better.....

5 hours ago, Bazz Playerz said:

Was born on geitenkamp near the old stadium. Now I live near gelredome. You just as eager as me to get started with this team and tactic? 

Theo Bos comes from there! Haha, I am now residing near Breda but grew up in Malburgen-West. My parents still live there in Arnhem.

Yeah, I hope Tannane and Bazoer with super high aggression are highly rated and definitly hoping for Armando Broja too. His off the ball attribute must be off the charts. LOL. 

Edited by fmupdater2k16

33 minutes ago, AEJ said:

Do you guys think its a good idea to start a long term save in the beta?

In the last couple of years I do not recall any major bug that would kill a beta save going in to the full release

Last year started my beta save with leverkusen. And it didnt work for me. Even though i made lots of progress i lost sponsorship money over time. If i remember well, i earned 50 mil. per year, and after few years it was 25. Or something like that. Wouldnt start a long term save, but i see people saying they had no issues, so who knows

49 minutes ago, AEJ said:

In the last couple of years I do not recall any major bug that would kill a beta save going in to the full release

I don't. I use the 2 weeks to faff around with tactics, new features, downloading graphic packs etc so I am ready to go when the full game is released.

13 minutos atrás, Cro-cop disse:

Last year started my beta save with leverkusen. And it didnt work for me. Even though i made lots of progress i lost sponsorship money over time. If i remember well, i earned 50 mil. per year, and after few years it was 25. Or something like that. Wouldnt start a long term save, but i see people saying they had no issues, so who knows

It was a beta problem? A financial bug?

1 hour ago, AEJ said:

Last year they had an issue with newgens coming through with low determination, which meant they never really progressed.

I've had a few beta saves that were fine, but ideally you would wait a few days before starting one incase there's a really obvious, game breaking, bug that gets spotted early on.

I'll do what I've usually done the past few years:

Start unemployed then go on holiday until late winter/early spring and grab a vacant position at a club with a promising youth setup. 

In FM20, my reputation was so low that the only job I could get was in Ireland's second best division. Had a blast getting Cobh Ramblers promoted and then switching to their rivals Cork City. 

This year I'll probably start with a somewhat higher reputation. Ireland was fun to try, but all the clubs are in so much debt that there's no economical wiggle room to improve the youth setup unless you qualify for the Champions League. 

On 02/11/2020 at 18:09, harrycarrie said:

Always Man United on the beta.

Me too. I'm going to try and get rid of all the over the hill players that are on stupid money. Good luck to me :)

2 hours ago, AEJ said:

I need one day to put all the graphics in the new folder , put al the views and filters in the right place. one more day to try out the new features in FM and play a few games.. then i start playing with i team i want to continue till the end (lower league - dafuge challenge this edition) ; I think doing the challenge with a lower league team or a youth only challenge is fine on the beta. But as soon the full game is out, i'm always doubting to start again..

On 09/11/2020 at 12:44, RandomGuy. said:

Felt like Brechin would resonate with folk on here.

Heres their iconic stadium aswell.

D9mfSIQWwAAHAsY.jpg.34c03d4c812709b92d2950994c20a4e8.jpg

They regularly lose match balls over/in the hedge.

Ok, you inspired me. Time to go Brechin see what I can do 

23 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

How many of you will continue the beta save into the main game? 

I've never done it before and was wondering if anyone had any issues doing so last year? 

many continue . but for me it depends who u choose.  if u pick a big team with data issues u can't continue after an update/ full release.  if u pick a lower team or doing a youth only challenge..  data issues are no problem.   ( unless u have league rule issues)

8 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

many continue . but for me it depends who u choose.  if u pick a big team with data issues u can't continue after an update/ full release.  if u pick a lower team or doing a youth only challenge..  data issues are no problem.   ( unless u have league rule issues)

Cheers. I want to have my first long term save as my club Everton but not sure if I should go someone like Real Madrid or something to get used to the new features etc before full release. 

I've just played the whole year of FM20 with one single 'elite' save dominating with Man Utd before hopping around to Barca, Juve and finally Dortmund (a save I don't really want to leave at the moment), so I'm maybe going to start a bit lower this time round (although, the elite career was my most enjoyable for years).

I tend to make a shortlist of teams and take a look at their squads to weigh the pros and cons, like if there's scope to sell players to raise funds, appealing youth prospects, or on the flip side too many messy loans or imbalance in the squad that I don't want to deal with!

My list so far is:

Notts Forest - return them to glory days
Ipswich - same as above
Newcastle - get them to be the huge club they desperately want to be
Sampdoria/Parma - 90s Football Italia nostalgia
Bolton - big challenge
Cambridge - my most local league team
Deportivo - return to former glories

Or, I might just go with Man Utd again. Learning the game features is much easier when you already know your squad pretty well.