Tactic Naming

Just for fun and I'm sure its been discussed before but I'm interested to know if anyone else names there tactics, aside from the standard (4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 etc)

On FM 20 I went with a military theme:

Tactic 1 - Fabian Strategy (definition; a military strategy where pitched battles and frontal assaults are avoided in favor of wearing down an opponent through a war of attrition)

Basic Instructions include - Control mentality, Very low temp, very high possession, quick short passing, less dribbling, less high risk shots, focus flanks

Tactic 2 - Coup de main (definition; a swift attack that relies on speed and surprise to accomplish its objectives in a single blow)

Basic Instructions - Cautious mentality, high tempo, route one, counter attacking

Tactic 3 - Shoot and Scoot (definition; tactic of firing at a target and then immediately moving away from the location from where the shots were fired to avoid counter-battery fire)

Basic Instructions - Attacking mentality, slightly higher tempo, short passing, quick movement off the ball, more risky shots

Is anyone else as sad as me? 

Haha you’ve reminded me, I need to buy a new scrap book for FM21!

I do have countless “test” formations that I often forget to delete so come this time of year I struggle immediately find which formations I’m actually using :lol:

Lovely thread.

I tend to go with city names from around the world or something on that save/tactic that reminds of a place. It could be related to the country Im managing at that time or places I'd love to go one day.

I also use words that sound good or unusual on a different language.

As for now, Im managing Brommapojkarna (a great word/name itself) in Sweden, so my tactic  goes by "FJORD".

Its sad, but I enjoy it haha...

12 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Mine are boring, 4-4-2 v3, 4-2-3-1 v8, 4-1-4-1 v5 etc, I do keep screenshots of them in Notepad all in neat folders, so yeah, I'm just as sad :D

Very much like this, for example the cruyff diamond I was using with Fenerbache was suitably named: 

3-1-3-3 test v1

19 hours ago, lugui said:

Lovely thread.

I tend to go with city names from around the world or something on that save/tactic that reminds of a place. It could be related to the country Im managing at that time or places I'd love to go one day.

I also use words that sound good or unusual on a different language.

As for now, Im managing Brommapojkarna (a great word/name itself) in Sweden, so my tactic  goes by "FJORD".

Its sad, but I enjoy it haha...

Haha no that's good! I might have to name them after my surname with the screenshot being published about press identifying a unique style of play! Baker-ball!