help me make up my mind (ipad pro vs laptop)

Have been playing FM Touch since FM15 when it was classic mode, as I find full fat mode has just too much bloat and takes far too long to do a long term save. Think on FM17 I did a 7 year career on full mode that never really went anywhere and didn't really enjoy it so have stuck to touch mode ever since. Now for FM21 I've been looking at getting a new laptop as the one I'm using is about 3-4 years old and is slowing down a bit when playing 20 Touch. I then came across a YouTube video of someone playing touch mode on an iPad pro, and am now questioning whether to get a laptop or iPad pro instead. Has anyone got a lot of experience on playing touch on an iPad pro? wondering how the game runs say 15/20 seasons into a save as I find on my laptop the game slows down to a crawl that far in. Really cant make up my mind :lol:

I use an iPad Pro (with the magic keyboard / trackpad) for FMT and it runs very well (albeit I watch in 2D mode) but the speed of the general gameplay is very impressive.

There are some slight restrictions however, importing graphics and tactics is nowhere near as easy on an iPad and scrolling up and down menus can be frustrating as the trackpad isn’t fully supported as it would be on a traditional laptop trackpad, hopefully this is fixed in the new game but I’ll not be holding my breath on this one....

7 hours ago, MT55 said:

Laptop would be better because you can have more than 3 leagues, more than 30 seasons and PC version can add graphics.

im sure i read somehwere you can add graphics through itunes like with FM Mobile?

12 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

Have been playing FM Touch since FM15 when it was classic mode, as I find full fat mode has just too much bloat and takes far too long to do a long term save. Think on FM17 I did a 7 year career on full mode that never really went anywhere and didn't really enjoy it so have stuck to touch mode ever since. Now for FM21 I've been looking at getting a new laptop as the one I'm using is about 3-4 years old and is slowing down a bit when playing 20 Touch. I then came across a YouTube video of someone playing touch mode on an iPad pro, and am now questioning whether to get a laptop or iPad pro instead. Has anyone got a lot of experience on playing touch on an iPad pro? wondering how the game runs say 15/20 seasons into a save as I find on my laptop the game slows down to a crawl that far in. Really cant make up my mind :lol:

Evening fellow Janner! Can definitely say it runs smoothly on the pro! But depends really on how many leagues you load. But I’d recommend getting a laptop for the best experience in all honesty, as you’ll be able to load way more leagues and counties and the fact you’ll more than likely get better graphics 

Edited by zakbrown96

1 hour ago, zakbrown96 said:

Evening fellow Janner! Can definitely say it runs smoothly on the pro! But depends really on how many leagues you load. But I’d recommend getting a laptop for the best experience in all honesty, as you’ll be able to load way more leagues and counties and the fact you’ll more than likely get better graphics 

good man you've made my mind up for me :thup:

good result today eh?