Things I’d enjoy.

Sloak

The thing I’d love to see the most for future FM’s would be a more detailed and scaled set of animations for players. When I play I’ll occasionally see a nice back heel or an excellent first touch but a player rated 170+ in terms of CA doesn’t feel all that different from players in the 120 to 130 range. There are noticeable differences in terms of small animations here and there, particularly for pace, but the overall feel of the players are quite similar in my opinion at least.

My second request would be for more depth in terms of leaving a legacy at a club. If I build a club up from League 2 and get it successful in the prem, but then leave for a more appealing job, that club has players and coaches I recruited, but the playing style and youth development would change. I feel like as a hugely influential coach to this club I should have some impact on how they would go about playing for the future, or maybe some impact on coach recruitment. And for the youth development I referenced, I’d love to see more depth outside of the message telling you what to expect, and then seeing what you’ve gotten. Many academies >20 years ago looked for physical players projected to grow to over 2 meters. Why can’t we do this? Obviously nowadays teams are looking for tactical and technical ability, but what if I want to prioritize tall physical players? I’m sure most FM players would just change it to technical or mental one time at the beginning of the save and be done with it, but I’d love some ability to have a small influence on newgens at my club. 

• 3 months later...