[suggestion] Owner goals and Director of football

steloveschips

I’ve always tried to mimic real life as much as possible in my saves, for example in interviews if I am asked if I will work with a director of football I will assign him to scouting and only have the final say.

Onto the suggestion. I would be keen to have owner goals and director goals. Maybe there’s a hard salary cap, maybe an owner wants a marquee signing for shirt sales that the manager doesn’t agree with. For clubs short of cash the owner could put pressure on to sell the biggest assets. Of course there could be a range of owners available with the biggest clubs being modelled fairly accurately. Lower leagues could be assigned a more generic style like demanding/supportive/shrewd 

My main suggestion is that owners would be able to veto signings and sales. If I bid on an player that the owner doesn’t respect they could ask me to justify his role. 

If a club has a head coach/ director of football setup I should be forced to sign players to fit in with the directors philosophy and justify if I am not. I think the current game is close with the 5 year plan, but I should have to deal with the owners if I’m obviously breaking the rules

• 3 months later...