[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for England competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for England should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff

Known Issues in England currently:

• Randomised fixture lists in the English Premier Division
  • Some National League teams start in wrong qualifying round of FA Cup
  • Cup tied players able to play in FA Cup
  • EFL Trophy suspension carries over into league matches

• SI Staff
45 minutes ago, gc250800gc said:

Playing both Home/Away games late on in the season...

15 minutes ago, N97 said:

I have the same problem playing chelsea back to back 

Hi guys, could you both upload your save games to our cloud service for us to investigate please?

I suspect this is a knock on of an issue with randomised fixtures we're looking to resolve, however would just like to pass on to double check.

49 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi guys, could you both upload your save games to our cloud service for us to investigate please?

I suspect this is a knock on of an issue with randomised fixtures we're looking to resolve, however would just like to pass on to double check.

Mine is uploaded its called Niall Egan - Man City.fm

1 hour ago, Freddie Sands said:

Mines called George Cousins - Liverpool.fm

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Agerbadger said:

I have loaded saves with "do not use real fixtures" both ticked and unticked and both seem to auto generate the fixture list with some away and home fixtures occurring with close proximity. 

53 minutes ago, N97 said:

Mine is uploaded its called Niall Egan - Man City.fm

21 minutes ago, gc250800gc said:

Mines called George Cousins - Liverpool.fm

Thanks for the info all - I've now logged this for internal review. I think my suspicion regarding it being a knock on of another issue we're already working on is correct, but I will let the relevant dev investigate further to look for a fix.

Hi. 

Was just scrolling through the English Premier League rules and noticed there's a issue that might be intentional or potentially a bug. I found this by browsing to "Next season" tab in the rules of EPL. 

1.png 

Surely we are past year 1900 now? :D

9 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

Hi. 

Was just scrolling through the English Premier League rules and noticed there's a issue that might be intentional or potentially a bug. I found this by browsing to "Next season" tab in the rules of EPL. 

1.png 

This appears to be the case for all of the English leagues.

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, SazoJohnno said:

Hi. 

Thanks, this is an issue we're aware of on the next season tab that is affecting all competitions. It is currently under investigation internally.

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, samrussell92 said:

Seems strange to me that the 4th round of the cup is straight after the 3rd round

should there not be a league game in-between? 

it might just be a covid thing and I don't remember this happening in real if, but just wanted to check

Hi, so this is sort of a knock-on of covid changes in that Tottenham playing in Euro Cup qualifiers is causing one match on that weekend to be rescheduled - due to a known issue where their Carabao Cup match on 22nd September is being moved (whereas in real life this was not the case, despite having a match two days on either side).

2 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, so this is sort of a knock-on of covid changes in that Tottenham playing in Euro Cup qualifiers is causing one match on that weekend to be rescheduled - due to a known issue where their Carabao Cup match on 22nd September is being moved (whereas in real life this was not the case, despite having a match two days on either side).

So I was scheduled to play Tottenham? and the fixture was moved?

I just started a save as Tottenham and i noticed on the league fixtures i played both my  games vs Leicester. The first one was on 17th October 2020 and 2nd is 28th November 2020. By the time these two fixture would have been played. I would have just completed my 10th game in the Premier league 

I begun a save with Arsenal and my Carabao cup 3rd round game has been moved to a Saturday when Premier League games take place. I don't think this would ever happen in real life, I think they'd rather you play 3 games in a week such as Mon Thurs Sun. 

I was drawn against Blackburn or Bradford which was a second round tie that was played when every other team was playing a third round fixture. Blackburn's first round fixture appears to have been delayed, playing a week on Monday after the other first round fixtures. Neither them nor their first round opponent had a game scheduled near to the first round ties. So unfortunately I don't know why Blackburn's games have been delayed and thus caused this 3rd round tie to be played on a Saturday. 

Hi. Just finished my first season with Brentford on FM21 and I'm currently in July trying to strenghten my newly promoted side and found that I couldn't register newly purchased players until the date 1/1/2020.

Is it a bug or have I missed something?

Edit: Just found out that the same "Cannot be registered" text applies to players you give new contracts to aswell.

Edit 2: Just read that SI are aware of the problem and I dont know how to delete this post. Anyways keep up the good work :-)

1177be16cf29600dc5fea7e53c675321.png

6e0118faccb21f61c7dde4186e21cc9e.png

Edited by Frank Pollo

I don't know if it's a bug or a problem of misunderstanding of mine, but in my Leeds save when the Brexit arrives it is told:

"In the leagues with squad registration there will be a maximum of 17 foreigners, in the others will continue the work permits system"

And then, if you want to sign a foreign player like an spanish player it is required a work permit. 

If I search the requirements of work permits it is told "a system of points it is used considering the league level, the international level etc'' but there is no explanation of how this works like it was in previous years, when the point system was specified in the league rules. In FM21 the work permit requirement is mentioned, but not explained. 

I thought that with that Brexit system I could sign whatever foreign player i wanted till i have 17 foreigners, like it was in FM20. But like I said, maybe it's a misunderstanding by my side. 

If I'm wrong and the Brexit feature it's ok, I think it have a lack of realism because it made impossible to me to sign mid-level Spanish League players, and I don't think that the effects of Brexit in Premier League will be so big. 

Sorry if i don't explain this so well, I'm not a native speaker! 

Edited by albertocerdeira.4

Not sure if Im in the right topic here but I noticed a slight mistake when I started a game last night. Sunderland are labelled as last seasons EFL Trophy losing finalists. We got to the final the season before last. Last season the final was Portsmouth v Salford which Portsmouth won. 

The schedule seems to be broken in my current Aston Villa save. 

I have played Leeds, Burnley, Man Utd andMan City twice before playing 7 of the 19 other teams in the league once. 

I also have Sheffield United on 26/12/2020 and 28/12/2020. 

Also, I have Chelsea twice in the final 5 games of the season. 

I know there are sometimes scheduling issues where maybe you would play 1 of the 19 teams twice before having played all 19 but this level is highly unusual. 

14 hours ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

I don't know if it's a bug or a problem of misunderstanding of mine, but in my Leeds save when the Brexit arrives it is told:

"In the leagues with squad registration there will be a maximum of 17 foreigners, in the others will continue the work permits system"

And then, if you want to sign a foreign player like an spanish player it is required a work permit. 

If I search the requirements of work permits it is told "a system of points it is used considering the league level, the international level etc'' but there is no explanation of how this works like it was in previous years, when the point system was specified in the league rules. In FM21 the work permit requirement is mentioned, but not explained. 

I thought that with that Brexit system I could sign whatever foreign player i wanted till i have 17 foreigners, like it was in FM20. But like I said, maybe it's a misunderstanding by my side. 

If I'm wrong and the Brexit feature it's ok, I think it have a lack of realism because it made impossible to me to sign mid-level Spanish League players, and I don't think that the effects of Brexit in Premier League will be so big. 

Sorry if i don't explain this so well, I'm not a native speaker! 

I can confirm Brexit rules are broken. I have the game in spanish, but i quote what is said in my brexit rules "British leagues that requires squad registration have now a 17 foreign players limit, instead of ask for work permits" In my save with Leeds I have most of my signings rejected because i can't registrate players without a work permit. 

2 hours ago, samuelkells said:

I’ve noticed 2 main issues in the premier league...

1. I played Man City home and away in the league within the first month.

2. I was able to do 4 subs in a premier league game (maximum should be 3).

I also am playing Arsenal and Brighton home and away in a short amount of time. Beginning of September and then End of October/Early November

Edited by ZenSniper

• SI Staff
On 11/11/2020 at 15:31, DezyNev said:

I begun a save with Arsenal and my Carabao cup 3rd round game has been moved to a Saturday when Premier League games take place. I don't think this would ever happen in real life, I think they'd rather you play 3 games in a week such as Mon Thurs Sun. 

I was drawn against Blackburn or Bradford which was a second round tie that was played when every other team was playing a third round fixture. Blackburn's first round fixture appears to have been delayed, playing a week on Monday after the other first round fixtures. Neither them nor their first round opponent had a game scheduled near to the first round ties. So unfortunately I don't know why Blackburn's games have been delayed and thus caused this 3rd round tie to be played on a Saturday. 

There is a known issue under investigation regarding Carabao Cup fixture postponements - none of the First Round matches should be moved/postponed.

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, jackkellett2 said:

Coming into my second season and no one has registered their players for some reason as just had the Merseyside derby and battered Liverpool's mostly reserves as only seem to register new signings 

Hi there, we haven't seen any instances of this so far - if you've got the save to hand from before the match could you upload it to our cloud service please?

1 hour ago, massichevaski said:

i think the brexit rules are broken, as in the screenshot british leagues should use the 17 foreign players limit instead of work permit but in my save with aston villa every non english player requires a work permit to sign.

Sans 565titre.png

Having same issues havent seen anyone mods confirm if its a bug yet or not though ? Please let us know

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, Frank Pollo said:

Hi. Just finished my first season with Brentford on FM21 and I'm currently in July trying to strenghten my newly promoted side and found that I couldn't register newly purchased players until the date 1/1/2020.

Is it a bug or have I missed something?

Edit: Just found out that the same "Cannot be registered" text applies to players you give new contracts to aswell.

Edit 2: Just read that SI are aware of the problem and I dont know how to delete this post. Anyways keep up the good work :-)

Hi Frank, we haven't been able to get a reproduction of this issue so far - if possible could you upload this save game to our cloud service please? Thanks

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

I can confirm Brexit rules are broken. I have the game in spanish, but i quote what is said in my brexit rules "British leagues that requires squad registration have now a 17 foreign players limit, instead of ask for work permits" In my save with Leeds I have most of my signings rejected because i can't registrate players without a work permit. 

1 hour ago, massichevaski said:

i think the brexit rules are broken, as in the screenshot british leagues should use the 17 foreign players limit instead of work permit but in my save with aston villa every non english player requires a work permit to sign.

Apologies, I think this is a case of the text being quite unclear here.

The first sentence should end with "instead of the current work permit system", as this implies that the foreign player squad limit is replacing work permits (whereas squad registration and work permits are independent concepts).

The second sentence is meant to refer to British leagues without squad registration and clarify that work permits will be the only means of preventing foreign players from playing in said competitions (as opposed to an additional registration limit on top of work permits being required).

So in summary, every British club post Brexit will still require work permits to sign foreign players - it's just that some also have foreign registration limits on top of this. I will log a bug now to change the text hopefully.

7 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Apologies, I think this is a case of the text being quite unclear here.

The first sentence should end with "instead of the current work permit system", as this implies that the foreign player squad limit is replacing work permits (whereas squad registration and work permits are independent concepts).

The second sentence is meant to refer to British leagues without squad registration and clarify that work permits will be the only means of preventing foreign players from playing in said competitions (as opposed to an additional registration limit on top of work permits being required).

So in summary, every British club post Brexit will still require work permits to sign foreign players - it's just that some also have foreign registration limits on top of this. I will log a bug now to change the text hopefully.

And what about the requirements to get a work permit? At least at the spanish version they are not specified what are the concrete requirements, there isn't a full explanation like years before. 

Looks like 4 over 23's played the whole of the game in an u23's game where the rule is 3 at any one time, also as far as I'm aware Bournemouth haven't yet gone cat 2 so shouldn't be in this league? Also Rotherham are in the northern group and aren't cat 2. 

U18's only play each team in their north/south group twice, in reality they play everyone in their north/south group home and away and the other group home or away, in the game the u18's have 6 league games left from the start of december so about 1 a month. They usually have a gap every 5/6 weeks for a week as well (on rotationish) so it makes it through the season if you check the u18's fixtures on the premier league website. 

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 18.25.47.png

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 18.27.30.png

Edited by hodge13

Hi SI team!

I am experiencing a bug where I cannot register a lot of my players for the squad 2nd season.

save file uploaded

file name: cannot register players issue.fm

image.png.3cbff6f9949f917c3eba407f6eb0771e.png

image.png.fa6e8d1756c4207e74a3601308ba4a6a.png

there is also an issue with not being able to sign players because they could not have been registered:

image.png.f1576bd7872209991ec3277b6ddc59b1.png

Thank you for your work, hopefully you guys can fix this.

Cheers

EDIT: after simulating the first match of 2nd season I can register players

image.png.d6a9915492cfcc4953629417cbc0b546.png

Edited by robot_skeleton

Eveb tho i won the match they didnt give me the points, it Gave me Minus 3 points i think  is beacuse there is a porblem reconizing Away and home teams or somwthing like that. Its weird beacuse the game  didnt gave the points to cardiff 

image.thumb.png.3e400bb1acf9463c149a32de211d5d07.pngerfd

Two issues i've had which also seem to be happening to others....

1. Squad registration from the AI isn't happening, they register u23s only in season 2.

2. I was told I could not register my new signings(paid not free transfers) until 01/01/2022. However the game allowed me to sign and register these players fine, so its just the warning that's incorrect. I thought it may have been because I was Bolton and potentially under an embargo, but nah, appears to be similar to what others have had.

Potentially I'm expecting to see the AI register all their players from 01/01/2022, as if the AI have conned themselves into thinking no players can be registered until then.

16 minutes ago, AllyJoseph said:

Two issues i've had which also seem to be happening to others....

1. Squad registration from the AI isn't happening, they register u23s only in season 2.

2. I was told I could not register my new signings(paid not free transfers) until 01/01/2022. However the game allowed me to sign and register these players fine, so its just the warning that's incorrect. I thought it may have been because I was Bolton and potentially under an embargo, but nah, appears to be similar to what others have had.

Potentially I'm expecting to see the AI register all their players from 01/01/2022, as if the AI have conned themselves into thinking no players can be registered until then.

Had the same issue, managing West Ham and its unplayable in the second season because no one has their first team players registered except me. Getting the same message when I  make transfer offers for players, that I cannot register them until 1st Jan 2022. So seems all the AI clubs won't register their first team player until that date... 

What's odd is I've woken up this morning and the error has gone? Everyone is no longer listed as unregistered and teams are playing their proper players. When looking at the registration they are still unregistered but at least are now allowed to play? Was there an update I have missed?

13 hours ago, sparkyman said:

Eveb tho i won the match they didnt give me the points, it Gave me Minus 3 points i think  is beacuse there is a porblem reconizing Away and home teams or somwthing like that. Its weird beacuse the game  didnt gave the points to cardiff 

Sheffield Wednesday started the season on minus 12 points, however this was recently reduced on appeal to minus 6.

You won the game, gained the 3 points, bringing your league total to minus 3.

17 minutes ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

Same with the registration issue in 2021-2022 season. I signed two players before July and that are allowed to be registered, but after this i cant register my signings. Waiting to start the new season to see if the rest of the teams have registered their new signings, because it's an unplayable bug

Yes, it's been fixed. Just loaded up my game this morning and all prem teams have registered their players! 

Thanks SI for sorting this! :)

Edited by samuelm36

15 hours ago, sparkyman said:

Sheff Wed start the game with a points deduction of -6 so this is not a bug.