[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

3 minutes ago, Huntyhuntt said:

This is actually by design - League One and Two implemented Salary Caps this year. For League one the cap should be £2.5 million per year (approx £48,000 per week, i guess EUR 53,000 is the approx currency conversion). To allow for clubs that would have players on significantly higher wages any contract signed before the cap came in (early august 2020) would only count as £2,000 per week towards the cap. Therefore Grigg on 11,000 per week will only count for 2,000 towards the cap.

It's going to be a nightmare in real life come the end of this season when clubs like Sunderland, Hull, Charlton, Portsmouth .etc, who all have significantly higher wage bills, are forced to attribute the entire salary of their players towards the cap. Also please note that any U21 players do not count at all towards the cap.

So, in editor that we can erase? So i must buy all the players before august?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, agoran said:

So, in editor that we can erase? So i must buy all the players before august?

I am sure you can remove it in the editor, but I wouldn't know how. For question two, that was the real life example. In FM it will treat the full salary of all players bought to count towards the salary cap.

Work permit issue

I'm playing with Man Utd. In January 2021 I signed Odriozola from Real even though his WP was rejected (I mistakenly signed him anyway).
I loaned him back to Real until the end of the season. When he returned from loan I applied for his WP again, but it was rejected again too.

Then I decided to sell him. Chelsea signed him for 40m and immediately got a WP granted. Why? Does that have something to do with the
transfer fee or is it a bug?

Good evening... I  Just finished my first season with Notigham on FM21.   I'm trying to strenghten my team with transfers  and I see this message : "Please note that you cannot register this player in the Premier League until 01/01/2022" I also see that the big teams of Premier League have registered issues...

Propably a bug I suppose...

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance

fm 2020-12-04 22-51-22-75_1.jpg

fm 2020-12-04 22-50-41-63_1.jpg

Hi, my player Youcef Atal was sent off for 2 yellow cards in the game against Fulham on 28th August and I definitely received a message stating he will then be banned for the next match (although this message appears to have expired, so I don't have it). However, for some reason his suspension seems to have disappeared and he was available for selection in the following game against Liverpool on 11th September. There was an international break between these two fixtures so I wonder if this has anything to do with it? I have saves just before and after the Liverpool game, if required?

1329715446_Screenshot2020-12-05at11_49_27.thumb.png.5d1392b5cdfc5ff130717bf448a736a5.png

1808857742_Screenshot2020-12-05at11_49_44.thumb.png.04f0c6dbd694eded96e3b164b593087a.png

1 hour ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Premier league doesn't seem to recognize ive qualified for the CL. I'm 46 points clear of 7th (so EL is confirmed) and 31 points clear of 5th  with 9 games left but its now showing ive qualified for the CL

I have qualified now after securing a "top 2 finish", is this an error or is the CL down to 2 spots for the PL

Any news on the fixture bug?  1st season ok, then second onwards Premier Leagues fixtures go crazy.  2nd season played Man U twice away but not at home, played Man City twice at home but not away.  3rd season was just a mess, numerous teams playing teams twice at home but not away, and vice versa.  

I'm currently in my 4th season and my schedule is broken. I play the majority of the teams in the league either at home twice or away twice. It happened once in the previous season but this season it's affected my entire schedule. 

This save was started in Beta so not sure if this has been fixed for full release. Screenshots are attached! 

MBreezy WHU fixture bug one.jpeg

MBreezy WHU Fixture bug two.jpeg

Edited by m_breezy

1 hour ago, m_breezy said:

I'm currently in my 4th season and my schedule is broken. I play the majority of the teams in the league either at home twice or away twice. It happened once in the previous season but this season it's affected my entire schedule. 

This save was started in Beta so not sure if this has been fixed for full release. Screenshots are attached! 

MBreezy WHU fixture bug one.jpeg

MBreezy WHU Fixture bug two.jpeg

Mine was started after full release.  Hopefully the next minor update will rectify the issue, I've had to start a lower league save at the moment.  Going to check on this save if the issue is there when you don't manage in the Premier League.

Hi, not sure if this is a league-specific issue or whether it has been raised already so apologies if it has! I've noticed in my save game there are a lot of instances where I am playing teams at home twice or away twice in a season, as shown in the attached images. As you can imagine, this does take away from the enjoyment. I've counted that out of 19 Premier League teams, only 5 of them have home/away fixtures for the season.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

im not sure if this is the right place but im managing chelsea but when i try and loan a player out the loan gets cancelled saying i can not loan more than 6 players over the age of 24 to foreign clubs. Is this a new rule or something.

Edited by jarradccfc

2 minutes ago, keon said:

As others have said, the fixture list in the Prem from about 2024 onwards has the issue of playing a team home or away twice in a season.

I really don't want to have to start a new game or do I have no other choice?

Not sure if its even fixed in newest patch as there is nothing about that bug in patch note list
Any confirmation about that SI?

Edited by aduh

Not sure if this belongs here but I've noticed that my save has the June 2023 Nations League Final being played at the Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium. However, Everton are still playing at Goodison Park 4 months later and their facilities page shows the new stadium is still in the planning phase...

stad.thumb.jpg.73f7ecf3284b4dac3af027a5dc889d6d.jpg

everton.thumb.jpg.d3a18a8c0e8f9b4c24fec58811621402.jpg

Edited by grff

hi i have a save with York i m in 2030 and i ve already been promoted to premier league but i still dont have a u-23 team.in fm 20 there is an option to ask board for u-23(reserve) team but in fm 21 ther is no option to ask for it.i already upgraded my facilities i have excellent youth facilities and my team is youth level 1.Promoting youth players is what i play this game for can u pls help me ?

Playing in EFL League 2 with Harrogate and it is November 2020. I registered 22 players by the deadline of October 16th. 
But I am still allowed to remove a player and replace him with someone else. 
Is this a bug or by design?  If it’s within the rules to do so, what would be the purpose of registering at all?

The players involved are NOT u21. 

Edited by Long Islander
Wrong amount of players

Any mods that have spoken about the fixture issue? It’s got to the point where I’ve had to start a lower league save as well because it’s a game breaking issue to be facing teams away twice and others at home twice, instead of home and away as it should be.

• SI Staff
On 02/12/2020 at 16:40, Henrip said:

I don't know if this is right forum but English leagues have something wrong with media predictions as they are hidden in some of the many leagues. For example, now I can't click media predictions in league stages pages of Premier League and National.

I uploaded the file yesterday with name "Chesterfield". Maybe someone could check that minor issue?

Hi, this is probably not a comps issue but to clarify to do you mean the Competition > Overview > Season Preview screen?

• SI Staff
On 02/12/2020 at 19:43, agoran said:

I start to play in SKY bet league one with Sunderland, and there is funny rule of 53 000 € per week. Is this in real world? Where can i change this in editor? this is stupid. Other temas have bigger wage to and nothing... please help

And example Grigg have wage 11000p/w and when I remove him my wage from 53000pw drop to 51000pw and not like it mus be 42000p/w

This is a real life salary cap that was introduced this season, though players earning above £1700 p/w who have not signed new contracts since the rules came into being will only have £1700 count against the cap.

• SI Staff
On 03/12/2020 at 11:30, madskull.93 said:

I got this fixture on my first year with Tottenham

This is intended, as this was actually similar to Tottenham's fixture list in this period in real life. Given the tight schedules this season in particular there are cases of 5 matches in 3 days which are unavoidable.

• SI Staff
On 03/12/2020 at 18:02, Rockahh said:

Work permit issue

I'm playing with Man Utd. In January 2021 I signed Odriozola from Real even though his WP was rejected (I mistakenly signed him anyway).
I loaned him back to Real until the end of the season. When he returned from loan I applied for his WP again, but it was rejected again too.

Then I decided to sell him. Chelsea signed him for 40m and immediately got a WP granted. Why? Does that have something to do with the
transfer fee or is it a bug?

This is a known issue to do with players without work permits being considered incorrectly for new work permits. Thanks for raising

• SI Staff
On 07/12/2020 at 12:50, evildicko said:

Any news on the fixture bug?  1st season ok, then second onwards Premier Leagues fixtures go crazy.  2nd season played Man U twice away but not at home, played Man City twice at home but not away.  3rd season was just a mess, numerous teams playing teams twice at home but not away, and vice versa.  

On 05/12/2020 at 12:50, robinvp said:

As you can see in my fixtures-list I played away at Anfield... twice... (30/10/21 and 02/04/2022). Don't know how that is possible... 

On 05/12/2020 at 18:08, johaN' said:

I played 2 away games against Liverpool, 2 away games aginst Arsenal, 2 home games against Man Utd and the same with some other teams. And some teams I have Home and Away games with. Is this a known issue?

On 07/12/2020 at 21:38, Martinelve said:

Same issue here. Both games at home vs Liverpool. Same with Leeds. Man city both at home. etc.. It was the same season 24/25 and now 25/26.. Bad issue

On 08/12/2020 at 18:17, jpfeehily said:

Hi, not sure if this is a league-specific issue or whether it has been raised already so apologies if it has! I've noticed in my save game there are a lot of instances where I am playing teams at home twice or away twice in a season, as shown in the attached images. As you can imagine, this does take away from the enjoyment. I've counted that out of 19 Premier League teams, only 5 of them have home/away fixtures for the season.

On 11/12/2020 at 12:04, keon said:

As others have said, the fixture list in the Prem from about 2024 onwards has the issue of playing a team home or away twice in a season.

I really don't want to have to start a new game or do I have no other choice?

5 hours ago, Erick1011 said:

Any mods that have spoken about the fixture issue? It’s got to the point where I’ve had to start a lower league save as well because it’s a game breaking issue to be facing teams away twice and others at home twice, instead of home and away as it should be.

Hi all, regarding the home & away fixtures bug in the top tier we are aware and investigating whether a retroactive fix for already started saves is possible (due to the way the competitions code works this is usually not feasible).

A fix for new save games did go out with the full release of the game, however if as evildicko suggests this is not working for all new save games I might need more information. For those of you affected by this can I clarify the following:

1. Is the save game affected one created after version 1487510? (This can be found under FM > Game Status)

2. If so, does the issue occur in the first season or only from a future season onwards?

Furthermore, if you have a save to hand with the issue occurring created after version 1487510 please upload it to our cloud server as per the instructions below and let me know in this thread the name of said file. Thanks

Ok, now in second season on new save.  Checked Premier League fixtures, and all seem ok.  Personally think, any saves started in Beta will be affected, and full release saves should be ok.  

My current save though is a lower league one, and after checking the game version it is after version 1487510.  

3 hours ago, rsop23 said:

Transfer window in England is opening on 9th June, and when you sign player from 9th to 25th June, that transfer is showing in last season, not in new. Is that bug or? 

Example screenshots from the UI Bugs forum here

7 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

I believe they will not be in place for pre-21.1.3 created save games.

I have created a new game in 21.1.3 and not been restricted in either the January 2021 window or the 2021 Summer window in the number of U21 players I can sign.

On 14/12/2020 at 13:48, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, this is probably not a comps issue but to clarify to do you mean the Competition > Overview > Season Preview screen?

No. Competition -> Overview -> Stages

On the top of standings is section which consist these choices: Overall, home record, away record, 1st/2nd half of the stage, combined, last 5 games and Media prediction.

• SI Staff
On 17/12/2020 at 13:20, Henrip said:

No. Competition -> Overview -> Stages

On the top of standings is section which consist these choices: Overall, home record, away record, 1st/2nd half of the stage, combined, last 5 games and Media prediction.

Ah I see now, thanks for spotting this - this is now logged and under review.

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, madskull.93 said:

2nd year in the PL, 4 matches in row at home 

Version 21.1.3-1492907

if would be helpful to upload my save please let me know

10 hours ago, upthetoon said:

Does 21.2 fix the schedule bug issues? 

Hi guys, I'm afraid as with 21.1 the fix for the mixed around scheduling bug only works in new save games. Given how common saves which started with the issue are I have logged a request to investigate the possibility of a retroactive fix, though I should warn (without the specific technical knowledge myself) that competitions & rulegroups fixes for existing save games are much unlikelier/riskier and as such not always feasible.

22 hours ago, bobtastic1 said:

I'm getting duplicate fixtures. Chelsea and Leeds at home twice, Man U away twice.

image.png.2e8d69b6b6a2b86511b1523cdf9889ce.png

Sorry, a bit more info @Freddie Sands

This is my second season, playing as Tottenham. On version 21.2 now and it's not just these teams where I have duplicate fixtures. I do get some teams home and away but most are either both at home or both away.

All of the duplicate fixtures relate to league games, so two legged cup games still have home and away ties.

• SI Staff
On 18/12/2020 at 17:25, The 433 Man(ual) said:

Hi, I have been in the Premiership for maybe 5 or 6 seasons with Exeter, and won it, but still my u23 team doesnt get invited to the u23 league. Is this a bug or can I do something do fix this? My youth academy and everything else is top class (19 or 20) and my youth level is 1.

Hi, I'm afraid this is a limitation of the youth league system in England as is currently setup. Because there are a limited number of spots in the top U23 divisions for higher EPP rating teams then if no team drops out of the divisions by their youth facilities decreasing in standard new spots won't open up for new teams to be rise into.

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, bobtastic1 said:

Sorry, a bit more info @Freddie Sands

This is my second season, playing as Tottenham. On version 21.2 now and it's not just these teams where I have duplicate fixtures. I do get some teams home and away but most are either both at home or both away.

All of the duplicate fixtures relate to league games, so two legged cup games still have home and away ties.

Hi, to clarify was the save game started on version 21.2? There was a fix for this issue in new save games that went out with the full release of the game, however for pre-existing saves started before this we have been unable to fix the issue.

If your game was started after version 1487510 (This can be found under FM > Game Status) then could you upload your save to our cloud service please? Thanks

If this aint the right place sorry 

Vanarama Start dates season 2

this only happens on basic nation rules (if you done this in pregame editor 

the English national league start dates are locked to 3/10/2020

Thou this is correct for the first season if you use nation rules on England it affects all subsequent seasons as well shouldn't this revert back after the first year?

38 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, to clarify was the save game started on version 21.2? There was a fix for this issue in new save games that went out with the full release of the game, however for pre-existing saves started before this we have been unable to fix the issue.

If your game was started after version 1487510 (This can be found under FM > Game Status) then could you upload your save to our cloud service please? Thanks

Ah, my save was started on Beta so that could be why then. I will start a new save and let you know if the issue is still happening

Hi, hope this is the right place for this. Started my first-ever save and it appears the number four/fourth/etc is coming up in French for cup competitions like the FA Cup, EFL Cup (See below)...

I have no idea how this has happened or how to fix it?

1247712266_fm21randomfrench.thumb.png.63e525248f8f985049c1cd5fb9fe120a.png