[Spain] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

On 02/08/2021 at 00:04, Zuluwarf said:

please note that the details of the Spanish Salary Cap can be found here:

https://files.laliga.es/pdf-hd/transparencia/normas-elaboracion-presupuestos-dic18_v3_en.pdf

Given the significant impact this budget has had on Spanish clubs for this the last 12 months and the future impact going foreward I think this needs to be review and implemented as I think this will have an impact on gameplay.

I totally agree with you. The salary cap in Spain is essential for the gameplay.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully after the Messi case we will finally get the LaLiga Salary Cap implemented. The formula that LFP uses is a secret, but a proxy can be roughly estimated. I suggest that it is updated twice in the game (1st of Janary, and 1st of July) to mirror what happens in real life.

If you need help implementing the salary cap don't hesitate to contact me.

Edited by noincophydr

Basically what you need to do is to calculate the salary cap (twice per year) using the following formula:

Salary cap = income - expenses

Income

TV rights

Season tickets

Sponsors

Competition income (LaLiga, Spanish Cup, UEFA competitions, etc.)

Use rights

Advertising

Sell of players

Expenses

Wages of players

Wages of coaches (Atletico Madrid pays 20M / year to Simeone...)

Players' amortisation (this is very interesting and may add a lot of depth to the managerial aspect of FM, because it makes even more important (almost a must) to split big signings across several years to mitigate the impact on the salary cap)

Player agents' commission

Bonuses

Any kind of compensations paid

Youth setup and B teams expenditure

Source

https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/transparency/economic-management/squad-cost-limit

Edited by noincophydr

I was wondering if not implementing the squad salary cap in LaLiga vs developing a full-fledged MLS salary cap + Canadian league is a business decision. Is it happening because you have more US customers than Spanish ones?

Edited by noincophydr

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, noincophydr said:

How LaLiga economic controls go beyond Financial Fair Play
  • Agreeing cost limits with clubs is systematically increasing profits and reducing debt.
  • System of financial controls in LaLiga is the most comprehensive of football league.

https://newsletter.laliga.es/global-futbol/how-laliga-economic-controls-go-beyond-financial-fair-play/rrss

I really hope that Sports Interactive implements the Spanish salary cap-system in FM22. I also hope that they make Barcelona’s financial status as bad as it actually is. It’s far to easy to get out of debt for some clubs in the game.

• 4 weeks later...