[Slovakia] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Slovakia competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Slovakia should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• 3 weeks later...

In the first tier, 1st-3rd place qualify for European football through the league, and 4th-7th (the bottom 3 of the championship group and the winner of the relegation group) qualify for a playoff for the final European spot. However, if the cup winner is in 8th place or below (or the 2nd tier), they get the fourth European spot, but the playoffs still happen and they get their own spot. This means that 3rd place does not qualify for Europe and is not given an opportunity to do so. *Edit: I initially thought that if the cup winner finished in the playoffs they didn't happen, but while they didn't the first time that happened, it did happen the second. The team that won the cup still participated in them despite already being qualified for Europe. I don't know what caused it to happen one time and not another.

image.thumb.png.dcec7b8a70edb4c43977175eb11f11c2.png

image.png.a02746d528cc83188188f9d94326aced.png

image.thumb.png.00a8b79a575d7aef9df6737fd23e431a.png

Slovan, Trnava, and Zilina all qualified normally through the league and cup. Sered won the playoff, and qualified through there.

However, Sered finished in 7th. Dunajska finished 3rd, so if Sered is in the playoffs and they are happening, surely Dunajska should be in the playoffs too since they didn't qualify through other means. A quick look at their schedule for that season shows however that they were not.

image.png.1762dacb2ad68eaa4df3b3c7614eb606.png

In real life, the playoffs are not supposed to happen if the cup winner is anywhere outside of the top 3, not just in the playoff spots. For example, in the 2018/19 season, 7th placed Spartak Trnava won the cup, there were no playoffs, and 3rd place Ruzomberok were assigned the final European spot automatically. 

image.png.b5a00e433d4adda7631d836edf2ab4e2.png

The only thing that needs to be changed is the cancelling of the playoffs if the cup winner is in 4th or below or in a lower division, assigning the final European spot to 3rd place instead. The playoffs are *not always correctly cancelled if the cup winner is 3rd-7th. 

Edited by kitsune
Updated info about the issue

I have discovered a slight issue with my save. I took over my club, Spartak Trnava, after the league had split and they were in the relegation portion of the table. However, after 6 matches in the relegation group, I currently find myself in 4th place.image.thumb.png.e89e9f8c57dd4b821536675256b8aa35.png

Just as proof that I am in the relegation section, here is a screenshot of my schedule.

image.thumb.png.ec1c495ea3b1c8eb48c17b6f1328d647.png

When I finish the season, I will be sure to post an update as to what has happened with my club. One thing I will note is that SKF Sered are also in the relegation playoff and the league split has worked for them, as they are still sat in 7th place despite having more points than Sport Podbrezova, so this may be a bug with only user controlled clubs. I am not entirely sure, but I will post an update once my remaining four matches have taken place.

Season has ended UPDATE

So we ended up finishing in 4th place. This can be confirmed by our reception of prize money and the email that told us that, which is found below. This can also be seen in the league table.
image.png.001c2ed3fedea5e6473ca75080f2061d.png
image.thumb.png.b5b249fc897994b7d18833cc4dc67fc4.png

Interestingly, the team that won the cup ended up finishing in 7th, which meant I did not observe the bug that the other post in this league mentioned. MSK Zilina were the club that should have been in 6th (they were in the championship group) but because I am in 4th, they were seemingly also bugged. I looked back at the other league history in my save and didn't find this same issue, so I'm not quite sure what this can be attributed to other than maybe the fact that I am a user-controlled club, but any ideas would be much appreciated!

Please let me know if you need any extra screenshots or information from me, and I have a separately saved file of this save on the date of the league finish if that also helps. Thanks so much!

Edited by Jeter7256
Updating Post

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the same issue as @Jeter7256. Slovan Bratislava and Spartak Trnava have swapped between Championship and Relegation Group.

obraz.png.58d3598be2fbf3a8866d3a990cba4114.png

obraz.png.c33dbc6bbd788f0647456e86829d6cf4.png

obraz.png.4b297042cd78f21d88bf00c5b1fae5fa.png

I have uploaded save games available from moment pictured above, and three games earlier, before the bug had occured:

• Slovak First Division Championship Group Bug 01.fm
  • Slovak First Division Championship Group Bug 02.fm

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 04/01/2021 at 18:05, fikander said:

Just had the same issue as @Jeter7256. Slovan Bratislava and Spartak Trnava have swapped between Championship and Relegation Group.

I have uploaded save games available from moment pictured above, and three games earlier, before the bug had occured:

• Slovak First Division Championship Group Bug 01.fm
  • Slovak First Division Championship Group Bug 02.fm

Hi there, I would just like to update that this a known issue we have under review internally currently - though we have as yet been unable to isolate the cause in code. Thank you for the uploading of the save games.

• 1 month later...
On 21/01/2021 at 10:40, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, I would just like to update that this a known issue we have under review internally currently - though we have as yet been unable to isolate the cause in code. Thank you for the uploading of the save games.

Does anybody know if this has been resolved in the latest fix?