1st Signing

Interesting question. This is my pre-release spreadsheet for Dortmund.

A new center back is a high priority. Wonder if getting Upamecano or Konaté from Leipzig will be possible.

Bürki is to be replaced in the long-term.

Left back i'm thinking of Robert Skov from Hoffenheim.

1.PNG

If Barcelona doesn't have a negative transfer budget something is wrong in the database. :lol:

Personally not sure, need to see how the Bayern squad looks. RB is an issue irl at the moment, but I have no clue how Pavard looks in game (he generally was a solid player past versions). So most likely some talented RB or a C/DM and just move Kimmich back to right back.

19 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

If Barcelona doesn't have a negative transfer budget something is wrong in the database. :lol:

Personally not sure, need to see how the Bayern squad looks. RB is an issue irl at the moment, but I have no clue how Pavard looks in game (he generally was a solid player past versions). So most likely some talented RB or a C/DM and just move Kimmich back to right back.

Most likely they will be severely in the red i may hope ansu isn't injured from the start an try make him a 9 

For Celtic I'm eyeing up quite a few free transfers tbh.  Hate using loan players that I'm never gonna be able to sign on permanently so leaves me needing a starting CB, LB and LW straight off the bat.  Ideally I'd be able to tempt Garay, Asamoah and Ahmed Musa to fill those roles but suspect Garay and Musa's wage demands will be too high, at least at the start of the window, so Asamoah will hopefully be my first signing.

24 minutes ago, seanydude said:

Hopefully find a way to terminate Shane Duffy’s loan then go from there. Could probably use a winger and CDM for my Celtic team

Same with Duffy :D  You got anyone in mind for DM?  I'm thinking maybe one of Patrick Berg/Mathias Villasanti as Brown's long term replacement.  Then Ugarte, Campbell or even Ferguson for back up depending on their potential.  Will probably loan out Soro and see how he gets on.

5 minutes ago, celtic_fc said:

Same with Duffy :D  You got anyone in mind for DM?  I'm thinking maybe one of Patrick Berg/Mathias Villasanti as Brown's long term replacement.  Then Ugarte, Campbell or even Ferguson for back up depending on their potential.  Will probably loan out Soro and see how he gets on.

I don’t have a clue till I see the DB. I like abusing Scandinavia so might try to get a loan to tide me through first season and scout from there

I'll be managing Burnley so I'll like to try sign a skilful winger to bring a bit of flair to the club. Currently thinking of someone like Jon Walters (if he will come out of retirement.)

Edited by MT55

13 hours ago, seanydude said:

Hopefully find a way to terminate Shane Duffy’s loan then go from there. Could probably use a winger and CDM for my Celtic team

12 hours ago, celtic_fc said:

Brighton fan here - what's everyone's problem with Duffy?!

If I'm not playing Union, Gogia. He is cheap and almost always far outplays his attributes.

Otherwise: Fast defenders and Midfielders with high mentals. I guess my go-to South African guy (Phalakmani Mahlambi) might also be on the table but seeing how I don't follow his league I have no idea whether or not he'll be available or whether or not he even exists ^^ 

48 minutes ago, MaxeyN17 said:

He's been absolutely abysmal for Celtic irl. 

6 minutes ago, seanydude said:

He’s not very good at football. Have him back pls

Wow, I'm surprised by that. He was a good Prem CB for us until Potter came in, and we only let him go because he didn't fit the new system. Candidate for player of the season year before last.

I think he'll still be rated well on FM at least as they don't typically take the current season into account.

Bristol Rovers... so not really a transfer budget to be had, will check out the free's and potential loans and take it from there

I think I will try and get the best out of the squad to start with and concentrate more on match play and tactics with the beta with an eye on youngsters and newgens

27 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

Wow, I'm surprised by that. He was a good Prem CB for us until Potter came in, and we only let him go because he didn't fit the new system. Candidate for player of the season year before last.

I think he'll still be rated well on FM at least as they don't typically take the current season into account.

He's been asked to play a ball playing role, in a defence that plays high up the park. Easy to understand why such a cumbersome/slow player is looking so poor in that set up.

I'll be St Johnstone so I doubt we'll have any money. We currently play a back 3, despite having more centre forwards than CBs, so a back up centre back of some description is where I'll be starting.

14 hours ago, celtic_fc said:

Surely you dinnae mean Lewis Ferguson? The boy's a well documented Rangers man. I couldn't do that if it was the other way around, just wouldn't feel real to me :lol:

Allan Campbell from Motherwell do you mean? I had a great save with Motherwell this year and him and Turnbull were lynchpins for the club, he'd be a great signing for you.

If you're looking for a good CB then Jason Kerr at St Johnstone has been brilliant on the past 2 FM's.

15 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

I won’t be signing anyone as I plan to do a load of youth only saves.

would you play a full squad of players under 23 in a top league or championship league? (i have and do)

I would have signed Sandro Tonali but as he went to AC Milan I can scrap that.  1 st player I will be checking out will be 15 yr old Moukoko of B.Dortmund.

I really should sign A.Isak as he was the star of football manager 2020 for me.

Edited by Jedders85

23 hours ago, Freakiie said:

I was thinking the same - need someone for the right back. But I'll start with "disable transfers in 1st transfer window" as I like to start the season with the same team as is in real life. 

On Benfica Julian Weigl doesn't fit on my tactics, I play on 4-2-3-1 gegenpress, I was able sell him for 14M€ to have some transfer budget. I need another option for box to box aside Gabriel and also a backup for Samaris as ball winning midfielder. My first sign was Roberto Gagliardini by 5M€, decent box to box considering my budget. Next target is ballwinning midfielder. Of couse I had prefered to sign Milinkovic Savic or Sandro Tonali but I don't budget for those targets :)

Edited by inacion

started game as usual with Dundee Utd - 

Most people like Ball Playing CH's, Lewis Neilson should be a cheap pick up for this role and has great stats for it at 17. Not sure how highly he will be rated in game but it should be high as he is unlikely to be at Utd for long in real life.