[U.S.A.] (Official) League Specific Issues

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for U.S.A. competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for U.S.A. should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to offer a player who is currently a designated player a senior contract in my save but it is now allowing me to offer this player less than $651k per year. Here is a screen shot of his current contract compared to what I am trying to offer to him. $651k should be pretty close to the highest contract I can offer him on a senior contract and I should be able to offer much less than that like I can for other players who are not currently listed as a DP.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 8.53.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 8.53.26 PM.png

Edited by ViJayMueller
Additional Information

On my registration page it is telling me the maximum team size for MLS is 12 but the actual maximum team size should be 30 I believe. 

edit: It appears to be correct once registration day comes up. Not exactly sure why it only shows that 12 players can be submitted before then though.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 9.41.20 PM.png

Edited by ViJayMueller

Summary: 2022 Rules changes for MLS email.

Description of Issue: At the beginning of 2022 season a rules change email lists the superdraft rules for all drafts, alongside the unique rules for each draft.

Steps to Reproduce: Reach the date of Jan 1 2022 and look for email.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud

fm21.png

Edited by Zebu Nation

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, ViJayMueller said:

I was trying to offer a player who is currently a designated player a senior contract in my save but it is now allowing me to offer this player less than $651k per year. Here is a screen shot of his current contract compared to what I am trying to offer to him. $651k should be pretty close to the highest contract I can offer him on a senior contract and I should be able to offer much less than that like I can for other players who are not currently listed as a DP.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 8.53.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 8.53.26 PM.png

Could you please upload a save file to the SI Cloud Server with specific steps on how to reproduce. Thank you. 

8 hours ago, ViJayMueller said:

On my registration page it is telling me the maximum team size for MLS is 12 but the actual maximum team size should be 30 I believe. 

edit: It appears to be correct once registration day comes up. Not exactly sure why it only shows that 12 players can be submitted before then though.

Could you please upload the save file in which this occurred? The 12 players will be taken from the Expansion Draft, and this is unlikely to actually have any effect on the players you are able to register at the point at which registration actually occurs.

8 hours ago, Aubibeen69 said:

There is no draft in December 2020, except the expansion draft. Free players and Re-Entry Drafts 1 and 2 are missing.

This was by design as it was a decision taken by the team to ensure that the Expansion and Superdraft worked correctly in the first year. These should all be present from 2021 onwards.

5 hours ago, Zebu Nation said:

Summary: 2022 Rules changes for MLS email.

Description of Issue: At the beginning of 2022 season a rules change email lists the superdraft rules for all drafts, alongside the unique rules for each draft.

Steps to Reproduce: Reach the date of Jan 1 2022 and look for email.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud

fm21.png

Did you upload a save file to the SI Cloud? What was it called?

So I am playing as FC Dallas, the North Texas SC team, which is in USL 1, has no games scheduled as of Jan 22 2021. I am early posting this because, if there are no matches in the background for these leagues (even if they are unplayable teams/leagues) the development of players on these teams is several gimped. This was an issue in previous versions. Most of MLS has a 2nd team in a USL league of some kind. The costs of those players certainly are part of club expenses. If the development path for these players is hampered by no matches, other than manually scheduling loads of friendlies (which was my work around in the past), then any team with a 2nd team has bloated cost of players who never stand a chance of growth. This is absolutely essential to teams like Dallas, NYRB and the others who have expansive player rosters on those teams (also noted since the youth system is heavily built into these teams Club Vision).

Further complicating matters of player development, how are the youth teams, such as FC Dallas Jrs, have no assessment of potential or current ability? There is basic star ratings (from the scout summary) if you hover or click the small gray torso icon, but the Assistant coaches opinion is constant "Unknown". Surely there should be someone who assess these kids so we can, at a quick glance on the squad sheet, get an opinion of how they rate.

Regarding the first year expansion draft. It shouldn't exist at all in my opinion. The rosters built into the game already have players that were drafted in real life. The way it currently is, the expansion teams are double dipping, getting to draft twice.

ViJayMueller 

Your 12 player roster is because the expansion draft hasn't happen yet. I had the same issue but as I progressed it raised to the 30 it should be. If anything, the registration should have a drop down option like you would if you had a league reg and a cup reg available. Early on the save, I assume you were trying to see how close to the cap or how many INT spots you were using/needed, this is how I discovered the same issue.

Edited by holtb80

il y a une heure, Sebastian Szlenkier a dit :

This was by design as it was a decision taken by the team to ensure that the Expansion and Superdraft worked correctly in the first year. These should all be present from 2021 onwards.

Thanks.

This is weird... Many players with an expiring contract will be released from their club without being available for others. I know I can trade them anytime, but it makes it so easy to build a team with all these players...  

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, ViJayMueller said:

This is just during the expansion draft phase (IE 24hrs at the start of the game) while you have your protected list.

With Austin FC, your "wage budget" starts as something insanely low. Like $780k. It's impossible to build a legal roster with that. I'm moving forward, trying to fill my roster, and so far it doesn't seem to care that I'm way over ($2m+). Not at gaming laptop currently, but will post screenshots and upload save (if necessary) later. It doesn't seem to be save specific though, as it starts that way. 

Summary: MLS registration problem

Description of Issue: Players moved down to 2nd team remain registered on main team, causing teams to have poor registration. Especially computer controlled teams. Human players can get around this by hitting the clear registration button, then manually registering each player. If you hit the register all button, it tries to register all players even those on the 2nd team.

Steps to Reproduce: Simulate to 2022 season after MLS registration day. owncloud: holiday 2020.fm

Attached is a picture of Seattle Sounders registration. It says they have 24 players registered, but in reality they only have 14 eligible players on their whole senior team roster. This was a problem in FM2020 as well.

fm21-rosters.png

11 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Could you please upload a save file to the SI Cloud Server with specific steps on how to reproduce. Thank you. 

Could you please upload the save file in which this occurred? The 12 players will be taken from the Expansion Draft, and this is unlikely to actually have any effect on the players you are able to register at the point at which registration actually occurs.

Did you upload a save file to the SI Cloud? What was it called?

I was coming here to report this.  Here is the deal.....

After the expansion draft is done, it doesn't go back to the regular registration screen.  This is preseason, and I haven't gotten to the full season yet, so maybe it will eventually change.  However, that's not good, because you know with the MLS, you need to fiddle with registration to see how much cap space you have left, before you make an offer to anyone.  Here's a screenshot from my game:

image.thumb.png.3e9b297b7bbd8bb4ecf9863aa31fce83.png

Notice I circled the date.  The expansion draft was December 15th.  I know it's over, because one of my guys got drafted (Julian Carranza), and now he's with the other team.

image.png.63d2037d89b652087d31b05edd48ca79.png

If you need me to upload a save file, I can, but I don't want it to be public, because the coach's name is my real name.

So basically after the expansion draft, the registration screen needs to change back to normal the day after.

Okay I can confirm that on January 1st it reverts back to normal.  However, that's extremely annoying.  That's 15 important days to make deals that you're missing.  Additionally I had a guy on loan, where the loan was ending, and I could not really determine if I kept him on loan how much space I would have left, if I made changes to the other players' registration.  The registration screen reverts back to normal after the guy's loan ended.

This one is specific to the screenshot above, too.  Because Julian Carranza was taken from me in the expansion draft, I now probably had space for this guy, but I couldn't tell because it was stuck on the expansion draft registration screen until Jan 1, and by that time the guy was gone.

So please have it revert back to normal the day after the draft.

Edited by TroubleMan
better explanation

• SI Staff
28 minutes ago, TroubleMan said:

Okay I can confirm that on January 1st it reverts back to normal.  However, that's extremely annoying.  That's 15 important days to make deals that you're missing.  Additionally I had a guy on loan, where the loan was ending, and I could not really determine if I kept him on loan how much space I would have left, if I made changes to the other players' registration.  The registration screen reverts back to normal after the guy's loan ended.

This one is specific to the screenshot above, too.  Because Julian Carranza was taken from me in the expansion draft, I now probably had space for this guy, but I couldn't tell because it was stuck on the expansion draft registration screen until Jan 1, and by that time the guy was gone.

So please have it revert back to normal the day after the draft.

The registration isn't enforced until compliance day in late February so it's not a big issue.  It shouldn't be stopping you from doing anything.  You don't have to register anyone until that date (Feb 27th, 2021)

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, XuluBak said:

With Austin FC, your "wage budget" starts as something insanely low. Like $780k. It's impossible to build a legal roster with that. I'm moving forward, trying to fill my roster, and so far it doesn't seem to care that I'm way over ($2m+). Not at gaming laptop currently, but will post screenshots and upload save (if necessary) later. It doesn't seem to be save specific though, as it starts that way. 

This was logged on this internal testing page.

3 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Loaded up a new game to show the start point:

1449043947_AustinFCWageBudget(start).jpg.ec9ec4a2aafddd61334b58980c6e109e.jpg

There is a $5M transfer budget, but that seems to vanish somewhere along the way. Not sure if that's intentional or not, but as you can see the $778,877 p/a wage budget remains. Considering a senior minimum salary is $88.5K/year, that doesn't make sense. 

1648208090_AustinFCWageBudget.jpg.4f8075bb961efd7420f85d24eec538ea.jpg

• SI Staff

As I said above, Austin FC finances at start up were logged on the internal testing forum.  Along with inability to offer MSL-specific contract types until you roll into the new year.

The beta is - as always - a bit behind where we are now and finances for Austin will look very different.

1 hour ago, Aljarov said:

The registration isn't enforced until compliance day in late February so it's not a big issue.  It shouldn't be stopping you from doing anything.  You don't have to register anyone until that date (Feb 27th, 2021)

It shouldn't be stopping you from doing anything.

It does though.  I always play around with the registration screen before I make a trade or try to get a new player.  It will only allow you to have 12 guys registered, so you have no idea how much cap space you have to make a deal.  Additionally if I decide to offer a contract, then the warning that you get where it won't allow you to go over cap space or use a designated contract....that won't happen because only 12 guys are registered so it thinks I have a ton of cap space when I don't. 

So it's only a 15 day period, but it's a crucial 15 day period because:

1.  Any loans you have will end during that 15 days.

2.  It's right before the transfer window opens, and you would like to have most of your deals done before the window opens or you're often behind the curve.

The first one is important because I specifically had a guy on loan, and I wasn't sure if I would have the cap space to renew his loan and get another guy I wanted to sign.  The second reason is annoying, but not as bad as the first.  It changes back on Jan 1....why not just make it go back the day after the draft?  That shouldn't be too hard, I'm guessing.  Even a few days wouldn't be so bad.

Summary: Game crashes during Charlotte FC save due to no players being available to be named captain

Explanation: Started a Charlotte FC save, on first day you're asked to name the club's captain and vice-captain. However, the club only has two players signed and they're both out on loan. The only staff member signed makes a recommendation and when you go to confirm, it looks like there's some missing data, as the pop-up says "Are you sure you want to make male#2 Charlotte Football Club captain and Sergio Ruiz vice-captain?" When I choose "Yes", the game immediately crashes.

For reference, I picked the Feb 22, 2021 start date, but I don't believe this impacts the bug since the captain choice if forced on Day 1 of becoming coach, but I'll try other start dates.

Save File ownCloud: Charlotte FC captain error.fm

Edit: I started a new save with a 12/15/2020 start date instead and don't seem to be running into the same issue, possibly because in my first attempt the start date is the same as the beginning of the league, so the game confirms captains, where the December start date is during offseason so it doesn't ask.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.29.57 PM.png

Edited by crowntownguy
added filename for ownCloud upload of save

I'm having issues with the salary cap. In the beginning of the save, i've reduced Matuidi's salary cap hit to half of it and was able to register him into the competition just fine. After a few matches, it seems like the money i've put in to lower his cap is gone. See Capture2.jpg maxium team salary and you could see the salary cap there does not match the first capture.jpg file. My assistance had to waive Matuidi as a result. 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, crowntownguy said:

Summary: Game crashes during Charlotte FC save due to no players being available to be named captain

Explanation: Started a Charlotte FC save, on first day you're asked to name the club's captain and vice-captain. However, the club only has two players signed and they're both out on loan. The only staff member signed makes a recommendation and when you go to confirm, it looks like there's some missing data, as the pop-up says "Are you sure you want to make male#2 Charlotte Football Club captain and Sergio Ruiz vice-captain?" When I choose "Yes", the game immediately crashes.

For reference, I picked the Feb 22, 2021 start date, but I don't believe this impacts the bug since the captain choice if forced on Day 1 of becoming coach, but I'll try other start dates.

Save File ownCloud: Charlotte FC captain error.fm

Edit: I started a new save with a 12/15/2020 start date instead and don't seem to be running into the same issue, possibly because in my first attempt the start date is the same as the beginning of the league, so the game confirms captains, where the December start date is during offseason so it doesn't ask.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.29.57 PM.png

Thank you for raising this issue. This is now logged and under review.

10 hours ago, YIPZUS said:

I'm having issues with the salary cap. In the beginning of the save, i've reduced Matuidi's salary cap hit to half of it and was able to register him into the competition just fine. After a few matches, it seems like the money i've put in to lower his cap is gone. See Capture2.jpg maxium team salary and you could see the salary cap there does not match the first capture.jpg file. My assistance had to waive Matuidi as a result. 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

What date were these 2 screenshots from? Do you have a save file that we can reproduce this from? Could you please upload it to the SI Cloud Server with steps to reproduce this and we will look into it. Thank you

13 hours ago, Zebu Nation said:

Summary: MLS registration problem

Description of Issue: Players moved down to 2nd team remain registered on main team, causing teams to have poor registration. Especially computer controlled teams. Human players can get around this by hitting the clear registration button, then manually registering each player. If you hit the register all button, it tries to register all players even those on the 2nd team.

Steps to Reproduce: Simulate to 2022 season after MLS registration day. owncloud: holiday 2020.fm

Attached is a picture of Seattle Sounders registration. It says they have 24 players registered, but in reality they only have 14 eligible players on their whole senior team roster. This was a problem in FM2020 as well.

fm21-rosters.png

The AI of the MLS on the last few FM's has regularly had as little as 10 registered players, resulting in half the league fielding greyed out players. Every time this issue is raised, it is ignored. Same issue this year, same result. SI need to sort this out as those of us who want to play in the MLS simply cannot as it is a mess. Seems to be that the attitude is "enough people buy the game to play in European leagues so f it we will ignore that problem".

• SI Staff

The roster retention numbers have been an issue for years.  Having a minimum number of 15 in the rules is unhelpful, but there seems to be logic issues with signing HG players this year contributing to it.  There's not really an area in MLS rosters for developing players....and there needs to be.  AI is too quick to say 'this kid can't contribute today' and cut them, rather than considering that they're a) high potential b) young c) resaleable d) cheap/free to cap e) they have the space.

My soak I found teams generally around 22-24 players, with the exception of B team clubs (and then only those with B/II in the name, not Loudoun or RGV for example), which were more like 12-14 with the others on the B side.

@Aljarov Appreciate the comment. Any idea if there are plans in place to try and fix this or is it just another year of oh well? I ran a save, holidayed to May 2021 and found that Austin FC had 2 registered players so there must've been an issue with the expansion, but also a number of teams had between 12-16 players registered. This issue makes the MLS totally unplayable. There are high end MLS players being waived every season in the game and this makes the league a waste of time. 

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

@Aljarov Appreciate the comment. Any idea if there are plans in place to try and fix this or is it just another year of oh well? I ran a save, holidayed to May 2021 and found that Austin FC had 2 registered players so there must've been an issue with the expansion, but also a number of teams had between 12-16 players registered. This issue makes the MLS totally unplayable. There are high end MLS players being waived every season in the game and this makes the league a waste of time. 

This is something we're currently looking into

So MLS All-SStars Game is a cluster! 

-You should be able to hold players out, I have a player desperately in need of rest, already sent him on a week long vacation and he is currently on a week long rest, yet called to be an all star. https://gyazo.com/9942f456dc762598d6f5e1a59ab29a49

-5 of my players called to a team of 18 https://gyazo.com/6e30aded536180ad63bc5d143e60f142

-As a Manager, I should be able to decline running the team too, thanks but no thanks

-Injured players on the roster??? https://gyazo.com/e8c8f28d2c5cf0818eb1b38f3111d378

- ********* GAME LOCKS UP, when trying to submit the team ************* https://gyazo.com/b3bd7f37b3e54ad50de0787d2866c163

At this point, my save is locked. I have restarted several times, even steam, so I was unable to endure the ASG personally. I did a 3 day vacation to go around it.

upload - Holt Bjeighty - FC Dallas Beta.fm

Edited by holtb80
upload

2 hours ago, holtb80 said:

So MLS All-SStars Game is a cluster! 

-You should be able to hold players out, I have a player desperately in need of rest, already sent him on a week long vacation and he is currently on a week long rest, yet called to be an all star. https://gyazo.com/9942f456dc762598d6f5e1a59ab29a49

-As a Manager, I should be able to decline running the team too, thanks but no thanks

-Injured players on the roster??? https://gyazo.com/e8c8f28d2c5cf0818eb1b38f3111d378

-

LOL all of those were issues in FM20, too.  One time I got an MLS All-Star team with no GK's on the team.  I had to put an outfielder on goal.  The funny thing is that we won on penalty kicks!  Our guy didn't make the save; the opposition just shot wide twice.

However, every time I've coached an all-star game there were always tired and injured players in FM20.

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, AlexTheTall said:

Can someone explain me why I play half the season in the month of March and April in 2022, it was the same in 2021... I fallow the MLS in real life... And for the Impact it never, never happens! I have games every 2 days... Come on now.

WTF schedule.jpg

This is something we are aware of, are there many/any games played in August for you?

il y a 23 minutes, Sebastian Szlenkier a dit :

This is something we are aware of, are there many/any games played in August for you?

No, only one....

Outside of the canadian championship I have two games in july and august,

Edited by AlexTheTall

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, felipe rv said:

Hi, when is the 2021 superdraft suppose to happen? I'm in june and it's still hasn't happen, and if i check in the calendar it isn't schedule at all, but i have the picks and all

The 2021 Superdraft should occur January 2021. It is a known issue that the draft picks are still retained even if using a start date in February 2021.

32 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Do you have a save file where this is already present? Thanks

I put the file save into own cloud. It's called - Holt Bjeighty - FC Dallas Beta SS looks like a Cup.fm 

I have no idea how others share their owncloud as a link.

4 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

@holtb80 All you need to do it upload it and let us know what it's called and we'll be able to find it, no worries. Thank you very much! 

OK thanks!

Is there a way to sign players on contract with our second teams specifically? For instance FC Dallas signs players to North Texas SC, not to Dallas contracts, all the time. We need this ability to lock in players for the future.

1 hour ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

The 2021 Superdraft should occur January 2021. It is a known issue that the draft picks are still retained even if using a start date in February 2021.

Really? cause i've traded in order to get the 1st pick. What about the player who appear to be in the next superdraft? will we be able to sign them outside of the draft?

2 minutes ago, felipe rv said:

Really? cause i've traded in order to get the 1st pick. What about the player who appear to be in the next superdraft? will we be able to sign them outside of the draft?

No, the way the system works in America you won't be able to sign them before the draft. The only possible way I know of, is if they are in your own academy already. Signing them then takes them out of the draft althogether.

Issue: Can't confirm in draft trades

I am trying to do a trade deal with Nashville in the 2020 Superdraft and i have had an offer accepted. There is no way of actually confirming the deal, i am just cycling through pressing make offer and suggest terms where they keep accepting my offer. When i suggest terms and the accept and try to continue it takes me back to the draft screen but the deal has not been done.

I have tried trading other picks with other teams and the same thing happens where they accept the offer after i have suggested terms but the only thing i can do is continue and the trade does not get made, or click make offer and we go back to being able to edit the offer and them having not accepted it. I have managed to trade picks with teams in the buildup to the draft but there is a button on the draft screen allowing me to make offers for the current pick so i assume this is something you should be able to do.

Hopefully there can be a confirm trade button added in to be able to make the trade or when pressing continue the trade completes.

draft trade.png

draft trade 2.png

draft trade 3.png

Edited by _Tom Smith

5 minutes ago, _Tom Smith said:

Issue: Can't confirm in draft trades

I am trying to do a trade deal with Nashville in the 2020 Superdraft and i have had an offer accepted. There is no way of actually confirming the deal, i am just cycling through pressing make offer and suggest terms where they keep accepting my offer. When i suggest terms and the accept and try to continue it takes me back to the draft screen but the deal has not been done.

I have tried trading other picks with other teams and the same thing happens where they accept the offer after i have suggested terms but the only thing i can do is continue and the trade does not get made, or click make offer and we go back to being able to edit the offer and them having not accepted it. I have managed to trade picks with teams in the buildup to the draft but there is a button on the draft screen allowing me to make offers for the current pick so i assume this is something you should be able to do.

Hopefully there can be a confirm trade button added in to be able to make the trade or when pressing continue the trade completes.

draft trade.png

draft trade 2.png

draft trade 3.png

Ok for some reason it has now worked. I suggest terms and the deal was confirmed when i pressed make offer. I don't know why it bugged and didn't work the first few times i tried this

@_Tom Smith On the last image you posted, LOWER LEFT, there is a "make offer for draft pick" button. Did you notice that at all or end up using it? I was able to trade twice in the very first draft. I am a couple weeks away from reaching the second super draft of the game. Curious if that was the issue or not?

Not sure if much is done to think about how much money teams should start with at the beginning of a save. If so, the amount FC Dallas starts with is certainly too low, they should be flush with cash from the sale of Reggie Cannon to Boavista. It was reportedly 2-4million. If anything that would provide an extra 750k General Allocation. Zdenak Ondrasek was moved as well, no numbers were ever released, but rumor mill around the team in town was 700k.

4 hours ago, holtb80 said:

@_Tom Smith On the last image you posted, LOWER LEFT, there is a "make offer for draft pick" button. Did you notice that at all or end up using it? I was able to trade twice in the very first draft. I am a couple weeks away from reaching the second super draft of the game. Curious if that was the issue or not?

I did use that to do the trade, but kept running into the issue. Basically the only thing that fixed it was to keep withdrawing the offer and re-making it again and eventually it gave me the pop-up to confirm the trade

6 minutes ago, Zebu Nation said:

I just won the MLS Cup Final in 2022 and there was no celebration on the field. I'm pretty sure it's been like this for a few versions of the game. No on-field celebrations for MLS Cup wins.

I won the 2021 supporters shield, mls cup and western conf final, no on field joy.... 

Edited by holtb80

FYI, Nashville SC should have plans in the works for a new stadium when they begin the game, or have a club vision of getting a new stadium.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/14/nashville-sc-issue-statement-after-court-ruling-construction-new-stadium

"Nashville SC are cleared to proceed with construction of their new stadium after following a court ruling in which the judge dismissed a lawsuit that was seeking to halt construction of the venue at The Fairgrounds Nashville.

"[T]he Court concludes that the Plaintiffs have not proven that the construction and operation of the Development on the Fairgrounds Nashville Property is ultra vires, a breach of fiduciary duty or violates the Metro Charter," Chancellor Ellen Hobbs Lyle wrote in her opinion. "The evidence showed that there is no intent or design of Metro or the Intervening Defendants to destroy or eliminate the Existing Uses." 

The stadium is currently scheduled to open in 2022. Nashville SC currently play their home games at Nissan Stadium, which they share with the NFL's Tennessee Titans."