Ability growth

2 hours ago, a5864003 said:

Have you ever raised a player over 22 years old to make a significant change in ability? Like filling up a full pa. How old is the oldest player you've ever raised?

On a recent Leipzig save I made a good business model made out of this, the most notable being Luka Jovic who reached 166/170 before being sold on, from 142 or so when he signed. Signed at 23 and sold at 25.

I feel that the key to succeed is to have great facilities, a good training regimen, coaches with the right personalities and a lot of luck. You just have to avoid bad injuries. A good bonus is to have a tactic that works with the different types of players.

I've had a few players around 24/25 make big improvements when I've brought them into a higher league.  In my last save with Ipswich Town I brought in a 24 year-old German striker who'd been back-up at his Bundesliga team getting 6 or 7 seven appearances a season.  He had some decent stats but nothing too impressive but the scouts indicated he had a star and a half to grow.  I didn't expect to see much growth out of him but brought him in as a back-up to my striker based on his current level.  

An injury to my main striker got him his first team spot and with regular games in the championship he started to grow quite a bit.  Got promoted the next season and he started to explode in the premiership and filled out his ponential.  Ended up with 21 goals and made team of the season.

I think if you can give players more game time and / or game time at a higher level, and they have a decent personality, you can quite reliably get some growth out of players in their mid-20s

Edited by bintang
incomplete