Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm relieved to see 3D matches running smoothly on high graphics level maybe for the first time in the series (my PC is the same since 2017). Also, for now no trace of the Nvidia-related DXGI crashes that haunted my FM 20 experience. Hope it stays this way...

Generally the game and processing feel much quicker. Not sure about match day UI: is there a way to remove the default screen between highlights and have smaller, custom widgets instead? Default widgets feel a bit imposing...

3 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I think this is a step backwards, I watch the highlights mostly so I use and want the information at a glance, I don't want to have to click to see it or wait till in between highlights

I will echo this sentiment. The information just isn't readily available enough if you play this way and thus makes it really difficult to manage situations well.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, jim owen said:

is there anyway to turn the colours into words or numbers on the selection screen (without hovering over it) being colourblind i cannot tell the difference in the chosen colours by looking at it, it seems all my players are the same condition, till i over over each one individually for the words

There is not currently. Could you raise this here for me please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/803-user-interface/ - something worth investigating. Are the differences in "fullness" of the hearts too subtle to be useful to you?

ME seems much better but centre backs are still very reluctant to step into the opponent's half even when the ball is very close to their goal. Leaves a big gap between them and the midfield. Not very realistic, particularly for the top teams

1 minute ago, Wavelberry said:

I will echo this sentiment. The information just isn't readily available enough if you play this way and thus makes it really difficult to manage situations well.

Totally agree. Just having an option to minimize the widgets could be a quick solution for me.

First impressions after playing for two hours or so and with one friendly under my belt: It looks great, the default skin is really pleasing despite looking the same-ish from a distance. I really didn't like the skin from last year, but this one feels and reads really easily. The matches look great, the player models seem much better, as do the animations. The match engine seems far deeper than what I've seen before, with the focus on defense and midfield as aspects to contend with really coming through. I watched one game on extended highlights and it actually showed me some areas I need to adjust in my tactics, especially with the way the tactics designing screen explains a few more simple things. Overall the football just feels more believable (even if it's always going to be game-y). The one match engine issue I had was I saw a player run from halfway to the end of the pitch, with my player doing very little other than chase him. There was no edging him outwards or attempts to cut him off, just running parallel the whole way, I feel like there'd be something more in reality, even pushing into the running player's space, or another player looking to cut off passing angles.

I do get the feeling the tactical intricacy level will be up'ed in what you'll need to do (especially at lower levels.) The feedback I'm getting from what I see, whether it's only causing me to doubt things or it's actually providing me with information is definitely a big difference over past years.

The only thing I'm reserved about is the new matchday experience. How stats are shown, how subs are made, and what information is available to you (especially between highlights) is a big change, so I'm not in any way writing it off, it'll just take a while before I can properly evaluate it.

2 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

I can't find where it used to say what side a player prefers playing on anymore either and how do you get the player selected to appear in the tactics drop down ?

Yeah, I think that's been removed (why?!) Managing a team I'm unfamiliar with it's handy to check on the tactics screen

For the second bit, get the dropdown list, then there's another clicky option where you can untick "hide current XI" which solves that. It should be like that on default 

Haven't been able to play myself, but from what I've seen through a few streams I've been watching the UI looks like a marked improvement on FM 2020 and the new player interactions seem interesting. Can't wait to try it myself!! Thanks SI!

In my squad view, i can't insert overall conditoin and match sharpness ? only can insert a few things like 'fatigue' etc ? Match sharp and condition are viewable in tactics screen ? 

I'm a right ? 

squad view:

9d618dd90bf21b54a5a2dd9d4d7f63be.png

tactic view:
a30da84840604aad261b7b9ce7b5f3fc.png

Edited by OlivierL

7 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, I think that's been removed (why?!) Managing a team I'm unfamiliar with it's handy to check on the tactics screen

For the second bit, get the dropdown list, then there's another clicky option where you can untick "hide current XI" which solves that. It should be like that on default 

On the players profile where it has the pitch and the positions he can play in, hover over one of them and it will tell you his side preference.

• SI Staff
Just now, GOODNAME said:

I have manged to sign to Lazio LEE KANG IN (Wonderkid from Valencia) in only 5 million euros

And Lodi (DL) from At. Madrid in only 15 million euros..

This is normal?

Worth raising here if you think this is a bit off please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/804-transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

Lampard fired as Chelsea manager at the end of Feb when they're 5th in the league (season 1)
Can't say I'm too surprised though, I'd kind of expect it IRL

seems that it's only the first window that sees lower fees - I've seen 50m GBP is the new normal (having seen a few players move for around that within a few days - in June/July 2021)

Edited by samdiatmh

5 minutes ago, BeadyRoller said:

On the players profile where it has the pitch and the positions he can play in, hover over one of them and it will tell you his side preference.

The problem I have with this is that I use the players attribute screen when navigating to each player. I've noticed the first time you select a player the 'position' pitch is large and you can hover over it to get the information, but if you click something elseaway and then return to that same page the pitch has shrunk and you can no longer hover over the players postion.

Is there a way to replace the symbols currently used to depict condition (the hearts) and match sharpness with the percentages? Or add the percentages to be shown as well (during the match, for example)? Having to interpret how full the hearts are is a pain and a step backwards for me.

Edited by Timmitou

Just now, Timmitou said:

Is there a way to replace the symbols currently used to depict condition (the hearts) and match sharpness with the percentages? Or add the percentages to be shows as well (during the match, for example) Having to interpret how full the hearts are is a pain and a step backwards for me.

Nope, the percentages are gone for good I'm afraid. I preferred them as well, but I suppose the new way is more realistic. 

39 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

There is not currently. Could you raise this here for me please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/803-user-interface/ - something worth investigating. Are the differences in "fullness" of the hearts too subtle to be useful to you?

Hi, its fine, its cause I was looking at a screen of excellent and peak which don't have a fullness difference, as soon as it drops to good whilst i still cant see a colour difference the fullness difference is perfectly clear. 

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Nope, the percentages are gone for good I'm afraid. I preferred them as well, but I suppose the new way is more realistic. 

Ugh... why not give players options to choose which they prefer instead of just getting rid of them?

3 minutes ago, Timmitou said:

Ugh... why not give players options to choose which they prefer instead of just getting rid of them?

Because the whole point of that change was to remove percentages as it simply is not realistic for the coach to know whether a player has 92 or 93% fitness (nor is that difference relevant).

11 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

So much dead screen here

image.thumb.png.8e4d68c7b3cd93d9d4f399abaf5469a4.png

There should be a way to change the match stats being displayed on the very left here. Or to just use this area for something else entirely, just like you can for the sections on the right

I'm liking the look of the game so far, biggest positive so far is that logo and kit packs from previous seasons still seem to work :)

One negative I can point out is the new layout of a player or staff members 'milestones' under their history tab. In previous games it was pretty much perfect - column on the left showing the clubs they'd been at and a column on the right showing anything they'd done. Now it shows almost no useful information without selecting the 'entire career' drop down. It's a little niggle but I found it useful to glance at when hiring new staff

Also, like many others are saying, there needs to be a light or a dark mode in the full game as the purple colour strains my eyes, as did the standard skin from the last game.

First impressions, overall I like the ME. Seeing a variety of goals and not just cross/corner and header like FM 20. Only thing I would say is that I'm yet to see a free kick scored for or against me after alot of matches. I've looked at highlights of other games and its the same with that also.

Just now, Freakiie said:

Because the whole point of that change was to remove percentages as it simply is not realistic for the coach to know whether a player has 92 or 93% fitness (nor is that difference relevant).

Turn that on its head a bit though. A coach in real life will be able to tell by looking at a player if they're struggling. A tired or injured player isn't represented well in the match engine, eg a player who is exhausted can still run the length of the pitch at full pelt. So, whilst the percentages, weren't particularly realistic, they were a better indication in the circumstances. But it is what it is. 

1 minute ago, Freakiie said:

This argument doesn't cut it for me. Why don't you let me decide how "realistic" I want it to be? After all, knowing whether a player has a shooting attribute of 15 or of 16 also isn't realistic.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Idd, and i want to see my stats, the opp stats and our body language.

Only can do two of those three ?

3193914db46a07c800489b04790c1b23.jpg

You can see the body language on the panel at the bottom under the players? 

36 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

does false 9 or DLF actually drop deep this year? i'm tired of lone striker standing between two CBs and my favorite type of striker is Benzema, Firmino type, FM 20 and 19 completely nullify these types of st

Can't speak for the F9 but playing wind as a DLF with FC Kobenhavn, he's far more involved in build up play than he was in FM20.

Well first thing i did was change the attribute colors, default are pretty bad imo, bright green and yellow.

I changed them to my standard colors which are easy on the eyes. 

Excellent attribute: R255, G87, B34

Good Attribute: R159, G220, B122

Average and low : Light Grey.

Not a fan of the white background in the news, but i always use the Dark skin at release anyway.

Match Screen:

Match stats with notable events, need ablility to customize which stats are shown, like the normal match stats widget.

Dugout section, wish i could choose something else here.

By default, the match screen doesnt show enough info for me. If i press the button in the bottom right of the screen to lower the bottom bar, you get a lovely 6 screens of widgets to customize which is great. But you also lose the ability to quickly shout or change instructions. (1920x1080).

Please add a bar with shouts, instructions and mentality when the bottom are is hidden.

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

That's the one :thup: 

Thanks, one small question. if u give a player a nickname, the whole name is gone in the screen 98ea0043a5814ab02b9d0355bcf26ed8.png
Before i was able to edit the 'real' name and add a tag (for youth only ) to them. Is this a bug ?

10 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Finding it difficult to see the effect of shouts now. Because the rating screen can't be stretched wider, I can't see body language other than those stupid emoticons at the bottom of the screen. I prefer to see the actual words 'motivated' or 'fired up' - Also, for most of the match, I have the player bit at the bottom hidden to maximise the game screen, and without widgets, there is absolutely nowhere to see the effect of shouts at all on that view. 

The whole thing has been poorly designed this year. I really hope that mods can fix this when the full game is out, it's ruining the experience for me. 

Yep.. couldnet agree with you more

Its pretty important to see the body languge and we cannot really do that.. we can only if you put "your team stats" and change it to "Body Language" but after you go to make a tactic change its disappear