Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, GOODNAME said:

Yep.. couldnet agree with you more

Its pretty important to see the body languge and we cannot really do that.. we can only if you put "your team stats" and change it to "Body Language" but after you go to make a tactic change its disappear 

Well u can see the body language below , but u have to know what each colored face mean :) 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Well u can see the body language below , but u have to know what each colored face mean :) 

You'll have to have a tab open on your computer with a list of what faces mean which body language/ response for the players.

EDIT - you can pull up the Touchline Tablet and then select then select body language in the right column. But doign that covers up the entire pitch

Edited by matt_forest
update

Can someone who knows about these things explain this to me please?

image.png.f793eeadc243e639f5cf2aa2596cffce.png

Low XG to high XG is colour coded at the bottom, from dark purple to pink. A large number of the shots on the pitch show as white which isn't a colour referenced at the bottom? I'm clearly missing something.

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Low XG to high XG is colour coded at the bottom, from dark purple to pink. A large number of the shots on the pitch show as white which isn't a colour referenced at the bottom? I'm clearly missing something.

If you hover your cursor over them i believe they show as blocked shots>?

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

My complete guess is that they represent blocked shots maybe? 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

xG is a load of made up guff so I expected it to make no sense in FM as it makes no sense in the real world. I don't expect I'll pay much attention to it in FM as I've just won a match 4-2 with 2 cracking goals and 2 tap ins but finished it with an xG of less than 1

The border defines the quality of the chance, the inner part the result, as you can see from the icons at the bottom. So all the chances with purple border and crosses are poor chances that went wide.

I'm not sure if it was adjusted since the livestream, but considering a lot of people suggested that the xG felt rather high, did SI adjust it downwards? I feel like, aside from penalties, I haven't had a single chance that the game rated above 0.25 yet, despite shredding a non league team in my first cup round.

1 minute ago, Freakiie said:

The border defines the quality of the chance, the inner part the result, as you can see from the icons at the bottom. So all the chances with purple border and crosses are poor chances that went wide.

I'm not sure if it was adjusted since the livestream, but considering a lot of people suggested that the xG felt rather high, did SI adjust it downwards? I feel like, aside from penalties, I haven't had a single chance that the game rated above 0.25 yet, despite shredding a non league team in my first cup round.

Thanks for that, makes a bit more sense, just doesn't seem that clear visually. Not that important as it's probably not something I'll worry too much about. 

Just now, lex311085 said:

who are top of the leagues that you are playing in? I'm in the english premier league and some of the standings seem a little unrealistic at this stage of the season

Like Leicester and Southampton being top or close to the top of the league and Arsenal and Man U being in the bottom half? :rolleyes:

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Like Leicester and Southampton being top or close to the top of the league and Arsenal and Man U being in the bottom half? :rolleyes:

But I'm about 25 games in those teams you mentioned won't be in those positions after 25 games. And we all know this season in real life has been wierd (Liverpool losing 7-2 to villa)

1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

Never change reputation. Real and Barcelona two main contenders, Atletico in there and the actual title holder is so far down the list they're not even mentioned as main contenders for the CL. :applause:

image.png.f9e7147f5b0da33be90387ca297183ab.png

I wonder if there is something wrong with German football. I started as Leipzig, last years semi finalists, and I was 400-1 to win the CL. Seems more than a bit long to me. 

2 minutes ago, lex311085 said:

who are top of the leagues that you are playing in? I'm in the english premier league and some of the standings seem a little unrealistic at this stage of the season

If Villa beat Liverpool 7-2 in FM people would call the game broken. But here we are, living in a crazy world where anything can happen 

I must admit the first impressions of this game are very, VERY good. And this is from somebody who loves to complain about FM.

The speed optimisations make a huge difference to the game, it just feels smoother.

And the way you see the differences in the tactics you change in the match engine is very promising, I feel noticable differences between mentalities that I haven't really seen on previous FM's.

Been negative about some of the game in recent posts, but to balance this off, the recruitment meeting is a fantastic addition to the game. I only wish you could manually call these meetings yourself throughout the season, as circumstances can change. An excellent feature nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, SMV90 said:

Just had my game crash and restart as I was creating a kit on the Create-a-Club mode.

Some additional information incase it helps in anyway: 

Starting in the Third Div of Germany. Have 6 other nations loaded (top leagues and viewable only): England, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil and Argentina.

Edit: Going for attempt number two, will update if it crashes again.

I had the same issue.

Started in Scottish League 2, replacing Edinburgh City. Loaded Scottish leagues up to League 2 and English up to League 2. The specific moment it froze was when I'd clicked to alter the home shorts style.

9 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

in my holiday save...

ManUtd won the league, and Southampton got relegated
Arsenal dropped to 5th (on the final day), with Lacazette as the top scorer
Leicester were 7th
I'd argue the opposite

Edited by samdiatmh

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, matt_forest said:

xG is a load of made up guff so I expected it to make no sense in FM as it makes no sense in the real world. I don't expect I'll pay much attention to it in FM as I've just won a match 4-2 with 2 cracking goals and 2 tap ins but finished it with an xG of less than 1

xG works best over a longer period of time. It is effectively an average. So on average, you would have expected to score 1 goal in that match, but this time you exceeded that. It can indicate luck, whether results are repeatable or not and obviously player quality.

Pros - 

Increased speed

Fonts sharper

New scouting options

Press conferences an Team meetings

Cons - 

In Match UI is hideous, where has all the customization gone? I like many others liked to setup my match screen in a certain way and this has all gone!! WHY?!?!?!? This is a possible game breaker for me, I will stick with FM20 until this is fixed or I request a steam refund.

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

There have been a few tweaks since. A chance being scored higher than 0.3 is quite rare, 0.3 is often considered a "big" or "clear-cut" chance in many models. Penalties come out as roughly 0.75-0.8.

7 minutes ago, Jethers said:

Pros - 

Increased speed

Fonts sharper

New scouting options

Press conferences an Team meetings

Cons - 

In Match UI is hideous, where has all the customization gone? I like many others liked to setup my match screen in a certain way and this has all gone!! WHY?!?!?!? This is a possible game breaker for me, I will stick with FM20 until this is fixed or I request a steam refund.

Agree.

Really fantastic work from SI in all areas, expect the Match UI , but i think custom skins could result this or even in the full game 

Just now, Tony Wright 747 said:

Has the reverse camera angles been removed permanently

I will be majorly annoyed if so. Lots of stuff missing this year. The pre-match screen is poor (apart from the look of the team line ups), they've removed the pitch style line ups which allowed you to hover over a player to give various stats like if he was the top scorer, top assists etc. It just seems a major step back in the whole matchday experience despite this being touted as a major improvement. It's a shame, as the actual match engine looks really solid out the gate this year. 

So, is there a way to look at xG per player specifically? The chance analysis still uses HC/CCC and the shot map doesn't show the xG per shot. Maybe I'm just blind and it's somewhere else? Would make xG a lot less useful if I can't easily look at a players performance based on his xG over a couple of matches.

2 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

So, is there a way to look at xG per player specifically? The chance analysis still uses HC/CCC and the shot map doesn't show the xG per shot. Maybe I'm just blind and it's somewhere else? Would make xG a lot less useful if I can't easily look at a players performance based on his xG over a couple of matches.

couldn't find it while looking through all the squad menus (on the squad screen),

which is interesting, as the league-wide stats are available on that "Player Detailed" screen

2 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

couldn't find it while looking through all the squad menus (on the squad screen),

which is interesting, as the league-wide stats are available on that "Player Detailed" screen

Oh nice find, guess I gotta hope my strikers remain high enough in there for me to be able to use that to check on their performance! :lol:

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Zoom & resolution will affect how many panels are showing as they scale from one to six, though all the panels listed under the 'Touchline Tablet' should be selectable panels that you can change the content of, so worth raising the issue if one of them isn't selectable (similarly worth raising the issue if you don't think it is using up all the space).

I had about 6 panels open. went to highlight and it came back with 3 panels showing only. didn't change resolution. very annoying! :(

2 hours ago, Sterling said:

I think this is a step backwards, I watch the highlights mostly so I use and want the information at a glance, I don't want to have to click to see it or wait till in between highlights

I haven't played a match yet, so I am reserving judgement. But, as someone who plays full matches in 2D, losing the widgets could be a tad frustrating, especially as the view the information between highlights workaround does not apply to my use case. 

Edited by DementedHammer