[FM2021] - Free Transfers and Hidden Gems

Bigpole

I'm currently my local Peterborough in League one and I got this guy from Newcastle on loan with a wage of only £2.5k a month. 

He is a proper baller in L1 in the advanced playmaker position (ignore his star rating on below screenshot as I got that from google) 

Excellent dribbling and passing, very good corners, technique and flair. He plays some cracking through balls. I'm also a fan of his player traits too. 

Also, would anyone be able to recommend a good league one quality Inside forward? Preferably for the right side who is left footed so he can cut inside. Can be to buy or loan. I'm struggling to find someone to fill that position. 

Thanks 

vilca.png

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/01/2021 at 11:59, B3nnet7 said:

Also, would anyone be able to recommend a good league one quality Inside forward?

In my Cambridge save i picked up Dion McGhee on a free - an ex-Man Utd youth player - he did well in both League 2 and League 1. Average Ratings were never that great, but he got plenty of assists before Genoa offered half a million for him and at Cambridge, at the time, I couldn't turn it down.

Also, in League 1 I picked up Josh Bowler (Everton youth) and Josh Ginnelly (Preston) both on frees after their contracts expired.  Both can play on either wing and were effective for me in League 1 and the Championship.

Edited by dozzie

15 hours ago, dozzie said:

In my Cambridge save i picked up Dion McGhee on a free - an ex-Man Utd youth player - he did well in both League 2 and League 1. Average Ratings were never that great, but he got plenty of assists before Genoa offered half a million for him and at Cambridge, at the time, I couldn't turn it down.

Also, in League 1 I picked up Josh Bowler (Everton youth) and Josh Ginnelly (Preston) both on frees after their contracts expired.  Both can play on either wing and were effective for me in League 1 and the Championship.

I signed McGee on a free :) but I loaned him out as he isn't quite ready for my team yet. 

I'll check out the other 2 and shortlist them :thup: I did manage to loan in someone but despite having really solid attributes he hasn't done as well as I had hoped. 

6 hours ago, Rubentus_Juventus said:

Vladlen Yurchenko looks incredibly complete. 

He looks amazing, hadn't spotted him before...

reminds me a lot of Petr Sevcik actually.. both looks similar

And as in all editions...  the completely unattainable worldy of a player... Omar Abdulrahman  .. can never get him the UK where i spend most of my management time.. shame

wuAtJsh.png

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

Was going to post this guy as someone to keep an eye on, but just saw he is being transfered to Watford already ... which means it's settled, i'm starting a Watford save.. this guy and Joao Pedro are going to be amazing for us i imagine :D

YjWi6v1.png

Wow this is really spooky. I was literally just coming in here to post this exact same guy lol.

image.thumb.png.effc1c62078f31f2f1403ff90cc9ba3d.png

image.thumb.png.791b423dc2bb968bbbc8543868dd86e3.png

He must be really good as Watford want £56m for him.

@Jogo Bonito have you ever heard of him ?

21 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Out of curiosity, is there, or is anyone going to be doing, a UK & Irish players thread? 

As in a UK & Irish in general thread or do you mean a UK & Irish Hidden Gems thread cos I think a UK Hidden Gems thread would be a hard one to do.

If you want a shortlist of some of the best players in the English League 1 and 2 then I have done a shortlist that might help you.

https://mega.nz/file/RAhCyBhQ#QwJl1kDQOJkvOtHapaB0pMPaJlOgnOun_cMDlYk5298

Certainly not unknown, but not talked about enough...

Macias gets a WP and is availabe for only around 8.5 million... and for a striker of his age, potential and already developed stats, that's amazing when you consider he will go to championship clubs...

trtMbFk.png

41 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Certainly not unknown, but not talked about enough...

Macias gets a WP and is availabe for only around 8.5 million... and for a striker of his age, potential and already developed stats, that's amazing when you consider he will go to championship clubs...

trtMbFk.png

Definitely a Watford-type signing. Their overseas recruitment is really quite smart.

19 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Definitely a Watford-type signing. Their overseas recruitment is really quite smart.

Yeah, I'm doing a clear out save where i've gutted the whole squad of players over the age of 29 really.... managed to bring in vasts amount of money for the balance and transfer kitty and sort out FPP and been able to rework the squad to fit my wingless, traditional strikerless formations, enjoying it so far...

Olise and Macias are revelations.. going to be mainstays in my saves this year i think.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

As in a UK & Irish in general thread or do you mean a UK & Irish Hidden Gems thread cos I think a UK Hidden Gems thread would be a hard one to do.

If you want a shortlist of some of the best players in the English League 1 and 2 then I have done a shortlist that might help you.

Not so much "hidden" gems, but maybe just u23's in general or something similar. Seeing as how Brexit makes things difficult these days. 

30 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Yeah, I'm doing a clear out save where i've gutted the whole squad of players over the age of 29 really.... managed to bring in vasts amount of money for the balance and transfer kitty and sort out FPP and been able to rework the squad to fit my wingless, traditional strikerless formations, enjoying it so far...

Olise and Macias are revelations.. going to be mainstays in my saves this year i think.

Olise :rolleyes: Just kidding :lol: It's a game so you can enjoy him at Watford :cool: He is an immense talent who I have had the privilege of seeing last season and this. Absolutely awesome he is :applause:

24 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Not so much "hidden" gems, but maybe just u23's in general or something similar. Seeing as how Brexit makes things difficult these days. 

There a few under 23's players in that shortlist. You could always do what I do and use this file that gets rid of Brexit so you can manage teams in England how you want to without the restrictions.

20210118233654_1.thumb.jpg.7d1d7d9cef81fb96d03568c8722c9033.jpg

Might be a one season wonder, but Alessio Canessa has some decent stats for lower leagues and he was fantastic for me in the third tier of italian football. He starts at Livorno and has a contract expiring in the end of the first season.

Yuriel Celi - left winger/Cam from Peru

Can sign on a free first season as his contract runs out 31/12/20 if you are quick 

This is scouted by chelsea scouts  - looks quite good, maybe not for English teams, due to work permit, but could do a job on the continent. 

celi.jpg

celi 2.jpg

1 hour ago, billysafc said:

Yuriel Celi - left winger/Cam from Peru

Can sign on a free first season as his contract runs out 31/12/20 if you are quick 

This is scouted by chelsea scouts  - looks quite good, maybe not for English teams, due to work permit, but could do a job on the continent. 

celi.jpg

celi 2.jpg

I signed him in my Stoke save and sent him on loan to Luton. I recalled him in January but he played 7 games and scored 2 goals and 1 assist. He has improved greatly in training as well.

image.thumb.png.bde131f1bbfab9edf253eb23bb266d82.png

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I signed him in my Stoke save and sent him on loan to Luton. I recalled him in January but he played 7 games and scored 2 goals and 1 assist. He has improved greatly in training as well.

image.thumb.png.bde131f1bbfab9edf253eb23bb266d82.png

he looks naughty! defo one to add to the shortlist

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2021 at 21:37, Welshace said:

Just watched a full scout package on this guy in real life .. and he looks decent in game too thankfully... might be worth a punt...

CwYvrYy.png

That will please the Wolves board when I need to sign Portuguese players! 

Just now, Djeon36 said:

England but France wouldn't be bad either

Ok just checking as you put Ligue 1 and 2 and that confused me lol.

What positions are you looking to improve on ?

Strikers have a look at Adebayo who is at Walsall and Cameron Archer who is at Aston Villa but you can get cheap.

Ben Close is a good central midfielder. 

The best player I can think of in the EFL is Ricky Jade-Jones who plays up front for Peterborough and is awesome straight away. 

Here is an EFL players shortlist I made of good players I scouted in League 1 and 2.

I hope this helps.

Mehmet Ekici. Turkish/German.  30 year old CM.  Free Agent Only drawback is his stamina which is 5.  Composure 17, Vision 16, Corners 16, Crossing 16, Free Kicks 17, Long Shots 16, Passing 16.   Good Championship player

Vedad Ibisevic.  Bosnian/American/German.  Striker.  Bit old at 36 but has some great stats.  Good Championship and Lower Premiership player.

Thomas Amang. Cameroon.  22.  AMR.  looks a good prospect and is a speed merchant 18 pace and 16 acceleration.  Currently Championship level but can improve a lot.

9 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Ok just checking as you put Ligue 1 and 2 and that confused me lol.

What positions are you looking to improve on ?

Strikers have a look at Adebayo who is at Walsall and Cameron Archer who is at Aston Villa but you can get cheap.

Ben Close is a good central midfielder. 

The best player I can think of in the EFL is Ricky Jade-Jones who plays up front for Peterborough and is awesome straight away. 

Here is an EFL players shortlist I made of good players I scouted in League 1 and 2.

I hope this helps.

Yeah tbh I'm mainly looking for an advanced forward but honestly I just want to see everyone so I can use them for any future teams. 

On 17/01/2021 at 12:19, Welshace said:

Was going to post this guy as someone to keep an eye on, but just saw he is being transfered to Watford already ... which means it's settled, i'm starting a Watford save.. this guy and Joao Pedro are going to be amazing for us i imagine :D

YjWi6v1.png

Over 50k players loaded and cannot find him.. Looks a talent for sure

One of my regular buys is an AM/FC at Villareal - Dani Raba - usually transfer listed at start of game too.

16 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

Over 50k players loaded and cannot find him.. Looks a talent for sure

One of my regular buys is an AM/FC at Villareal - Dani Raba - usually transfer listed at start of game too.

Yeah i'm running almost 300k players currently... might need to load his country

On 13/02/2021 at 23:10, kopfan1977 said:

One of my regular buys is an AM/FC at Villareal - Dani Raba - usually transfer listed at start of game too

Got him on loan as strapped for cash in first window. Wasn't listed this time, but could have paid his £2m fee (If I had the cash)

Clipboard02.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

Andreas Bredahl looks really really good on the latest update. His potential is apparently random but I’d love to see how good he can become when managed by a human player.

He also looks like he's had a tough life - 17 years old and looks like middle-aged Quentin Tarantino...

Another vote for Mehmet Ekici, free transfer and was player of the season for my Sunderland side in League 1. Will be interesting to see if he can play at the same level in the Championship as he is in his 30's now.

Also ex FM wonderkid Halilovic was at Birmingham on my save and I picked him up on the cheap in the January transfer window of season 1 and he was a stand out performer, hes a mini Modric.

Has anyone looked at Celta Vigo? They have a handful of players, all under the age of 18, who have minimum release clauses of less than 100k.

Fran Lopez(18) - 68k

Miguel Rodriguez(17) - 86k

Damian Rodriguez(17) - 42k

And, from RB Salzburg:

Luka Reischl(16) - free! Currently rated 4* at my Liverpool squad.