Brexit in FM21

19 hours ago, StevehFC said:

I find I'm able to sign players from Argentina and Colombia for my Hibs side without a work permit but need a work permit for a player from Finland. 

5 hours ago, StevehFC said:

No idea mate. Just found it weird. 

Fits perfectly with the real life work permit rules, since Argentina and Colombia's leagues and national teams are ranked higher than Finland.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Fits perfectly with the real life work permit rules, since Argentina and Colombia's leagues and national teams are ranked higher than Finland.

Ah good to know that. :D 

Tbh with brexit it makes it easier to sign players from South America than in previous versions. 

19 hours ago, StevehFC said:

Ah good to know that. :D 

Tbh with brexit it makes it easier to sign players from South America than in previous versions. 

This! I never signed fancy foreigners playing as Brighton till some seasons into it on FM20. With Brexit it is way easier (assuming they either play in a top league or are capped) to sign quality foreigners from the off, from South America/Africa/Eastern Europe/etc...

4 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

This! I never signed fancy foreigners playing as Brighton till some seasons into it on FM20. With Brexit it is way easier (assuming they either play in a top league or are capped) to sign quality foreigners from the off, from South America/Africa/Eastern Europe/etc...

I signed a Colombian 17 year CM regen in my 3rd season for £2M. A year later clubs like Dortmund, Bayern, Man City, Man Utd etc were all trying to sign him! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 01/02/2021 at 11:10, c.cassells said:

I've glanced this thread to see if it's been answered but can't find anything; as the new rule states max 6 under 21 foreign players a season, does anyone know what the dates are for "the season"? Is it 1st July to the following end of June?

I have the same question.. Signed alot of promising youth players, where the transfer where to be completed years later.. but now most of them Get rejected because of this limit... I dont know where to check this and what period this accounts for?

1 hour ago, kajander10 said:

I have the same question.. Signed alot of promising youth players, where the transfer where to be completed years later.. but now most of them Get rejected because of this limit... I dont know where to check this and what period this accounts for?

Per the GBE doc, but this refers to calculating the points totals for if the player qualifies for a work permit or not:

image.png.5c7243506f71a7729af73118ddbd76d6.png

In regards to transfers and registration a season "should" be July 1 to June 30 the following year, based off how FIFA and general player reg's work. And in instances where the underage player is not yet 18, I would assume they do not count against the 6 u21 limit until they can finally sign and be registered. So you'd need to keep tabs on what the transfer date actually is in the Transfers screen.

For instance I have a kid (I'm in July 2023, who will not join until summer '24 at which point he will count against my 6 for the 24/25 season.

1 hour ago, CaptCanuck said:

Per the GBE doc, but this refers to calculating the points totals for if the player qualifies for a work permit or not:

image.png.5c7243506f71a7729af73118ddbd76d6.png

In regards to transfers and registration a season "should" be July 1 to June 30 the following year, based off how FIFA and general player reg's work. And in instances where the underage player is not yet 18, I would assume they do not count against the 6 u21 limit until they can finally sign and be registered. So you'd need to keep tabs on what the transfer date actually is in the Transfers screen.

For instance I have a kid (I'm in July 2023, who will not join until summer '24 at which point he will count against my 6 for the 24/25 season.

Thanks for your reply! That helps, but, I have only signed one player during this period, but have 5 signings to be completed after this period, which seems odd.. Should be possible to have an organised overview of these types of rules and registrations within the game (how many allowed and how many thus far).

19 hours ago, kajander10 said:

Had the same thing in my Save. I have a number of promising youth players come in, and 2 were future transfers. I also signed a few free players that met this criteria. I hit the 6 U21 overseas with this.

I was able to sign homegrown players despite this, so its not all U21's it's just the overseas.

Now I've had the Transfer window open I'm able to sign those 6 again.

In short theres a few things to consider: We need to be more selective stockpling youth, as the 6 U21 overseas limit will hit hard, and that the 6 is a per transfer season negotiation.

I'm now doing some extra scouting of these targets to make sure they are really worth buying before nabbing them