Brexit in FM21

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Catley94 said:

That's what I'm doing now. I'm running the one with the WP's still in. Loaded only England leagues down to Van North/South. Going to sim 5 years and check out what happened. 

Can you see if promotion / relegation is working properly? National league should hopefully have 24 teams again after the first season right?

Just now, jkadms said:

Can you see if promotion / relegation is working properly? National league should hopefully have 24 teams again after the first season right?

Got a few months left till season 3 is done and then I will check. I believe the creator added teams to those leagues first season round to get past the rule error we have all encountered. Bury were added to Vanarama Prem (Don't mind too much as personally I think they should've been saved legally). And some random low league team was added to Vanarama South I believe. 

7 minutes ago, RioImmagina said:

Have you tried to set percentage chance to 0?

The issue is with the actual league structure of England at the start of the game, not specifically brexit. Someone else I believe mentioned it earlier in the posts, that even if you run the rules without changing anything you get an error message with the leagues. 

22 minuti fa, Catley94 ha scritto:

The issue is with the actual league structure of England at the start of the game, not specifically brexit. Someone else I believe mentioned it earlier in the posts, that even if you run the rules without changing anything you get an error message with the leagues. 

I always appreciated si for the care that they put on their product, but i'm changing my mind.

MLS and Canada are unplayable, database is a mess (we can't try to change the DB).

Just finished 3 seasons of sims. Promotions and relegations working fine. Bury actually ended up dropping out of the Vanarama North season 2 I believe. Going to sim a couple more seasons whilst i'm still at work to double check. Want to have a long term save with Norwich and don't wanna have a surprise down the road!

Just checked transfers etc, England still part of the EU and no abnormalities with any signings. The edited database looks good so far!

Edited by Catley94

5 minutes ago, Pantelas said:

Could someone please post about the actual topic, namely how Brexit looks like in the end product?  Do the issues discussed in here still appear? Still waiting for feedback to see whether I'd get the game or wait for patches...

Yeah has anyone still got bugs or balance issues with the Brexit implementation?

As any changes would likely fall under league rule changes, to see any changes with Brexit or work permit implementation, the wording of the rules, etc, you're likely going to need to start a new save with the latest database.

47 minutes ago, Catley94 said:

Just finished 3 seasons of sims. Promotions and relegations working fine. Bury actually ended up dropping out of the Vanarama North season 2 I believe. Going to sim a couple more seasons whilst i'm still at work to double check. Want to have a long term save with Norwich and don't wanna have a surprise down the road!

Just checked transfers etc, England still part of the EU and no abnormalities with any signings. The edited database looks good so far!

Thanks for doing this @Catley94! I'm keen to start a save with Charlton Athletic (no brexit but with the same old work permit system), so I'm hoping the database is good! :)

9 minutes ago, Ermen Vehn Buran said:

Thanks for doing this @Catley94! I'm keen to start a save with Charlton Athletic (no brexit but with the same old work permit system), so I'm hoping the database is good! :)

No worries mate. I'm perfectly fine with once the rules are in place IRL to go with whatever has been set, but until they the I's are dotted etc I want to have a bit more freedom in game. Currently on season 5 of the sim and no glaring issues so far. Checked how Norwich are doing and they're already in Europe... No pressure for me haha!

Slightly confused.

I guess SI do not use the pre-game editor to check the default database, since no Brexit works until 01 Jan 2021 in the unmodified game.

So I guess if you could use the minor change on no Brexit without the test then it would work as normal - so to speak.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, bringbacklilnux said:

Slightly confused.

I guess SI do not use the pre-game editor to check the default database, since no Brexit works until 01 Jan 2021 in the unmodified game.

So I guess if you could use the minor change on no Brexit without the test then it would work as normal - so to speak.

The main issue is just how the English tier system is set for this current season. If you went into the editor and gave £1 more transfer budget to a club and ran the new rules, it would come up with the errors still.

2 minutes ago, Catley94 said:

The main issue is just how the English tier system is set for this current season. If you went into the editor and gave £1 more transfer budget to a club and ran the new rules, it would come up with the errors still.

Yes, I know - tried similar.

I suppose it would be nice to be able to use the simple brexit edit without the validation test, since the database works - to at least Jan 2021 and I assume would do afterwards, unless there is special code in the game to reinstate the missing team(s) and promotion rules etc

Edited by Guest

Has anyone tested the game with Brexit for the balance issues that were discussed earlier? Did anything change? Are there still very small amounts of players to sign from? Are the club visions still unrealistic?

There are probably others like me who don't want to remove it entirely, just have a better balance to it....

Started a new save with Brentford, have not reached that date but so far everyone has got work permit for me in summer transfer window, even South American players. Have not seen a message about Brexit though. 

Just finished simming till July 2029 (finished work so wanna start my file). Again, no glaring errors, teams promoted and relegated fine (as well as u23 and u18 leagues). If anyone wants to do a thorough check themselves I'm more than happy to upload the file somewhere.

28 minutes ago, CM said:

Started a new save with Brentford, have not reached that date but so far everyone has got work permit for me in summer transfer window, even South American players. Have not seen a message about Brexit though. 

Doesn't come into play until the 2021 window I think

3 minutes ago, Catley94 said:

Just finished simming till July 2029 (finished work so wanna start my file). Again, no glaring errors, teams promoted and relegated fine (as well as u23 and u18 leagues). If anyone wants to do a thorough check themselves I'm more than happy to upload the file somewhere.

Just wondering how the board expectations fare into this... Do they take into account Brexit not happening? For example in England you would be buying British and developing homegrown talent but with no Brexit it is not as important? 

6 ore fa, Catley94 ha scritto:

That's what I'm doing now. I'm running the one with the WP's still in. Loaded only England leagues down to Van North/South. Going to sim 5 years and check out what happened. 

great job.. thanks a lot!

Btw, how "fake" teams inserted in the game are managed or develope through the years?

2 hours ago, Catley94 said:

Is this a version where you added 24 teams in the first season? Id rather not do that, Im going to manage in vanarama South

Edited by francis#17

5 hours ago, AllyJoseph said:

Has anyone tested the game with Brexit for the balance issues that were discussed earlier? Did anything change? Are there still very small amounts of players to sign from? Are the club visions still unrealistic?

There are probably others like me who don't want to remove it entirely, just have a better balance to it....

Anyone looked into this?

3 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

Just doing a bit of a test. 

With Arsenal i just signed 18 year old GK Maarten Vandervoordt from Genk. 1 apperance this season for Genk and no international caps. He was granted a permit first time

This is with Brexit?

Guys i need you help. I've been waiting for non brexit file for a long time. But i can't download it from steam workshop for no reasons..

Can someone upload a file somewhere like mediafire or whatever?

Greetings from Serbia and hope you enjoy this beautifull fm21 <3 :) 

Edited by WHUkain21

2 hours ago, Catley94 said:

I see your message now. I tried to download from steamworkshop, registered, subsribed but still can't dowload it :( can you please upload file somewhere else?

Thanks in advance, stay strong bro! :) you did a huge step for all fm managers by creating this. 

8 hours ago, Catley94 said:

Got a few months left till season 3 is done and then I will check. I believe the creator added teams to those leagues first season round to get past the rule error we have all encountered. Bury were added to Vanarama Prem (Don't mind too much as personally I think they should've been saved legally). And some random low league team was added to Vanarama South I believe. 

Can I ask why there was a need to add / change teams?

2 ore fa, benhoward12 ha scritto:

Can I ask why there was a need to add / change teams?

as this year there are two leagues with odd number of teams, if you try to modify any kind of rule in the UK pyramid (like brexit or whatsoever), the system gives you an error as it "sees" that there are less teams than necessary.

3 hours ago, francis#17 said:

Anyone looked into this?

Although I haven't reached January of 21 it has been easier for me to sign players. Don't really know what is going to happen after that but it is a positive development.

4 minutes ago, LolloViola said:

as this year there are two leagues with odd number of teams, if you try to modify any kind of rule in the UK pyramid (like brexit or whatsoever), the system gives you an error as it "sees" that there are less teams than necessary.

Ok thank you for explaining!! 

Lads, if you could take discussion about actually making editor files over to the Editor Forum where people who regularly use the editor can help, rather than turning a discussion about work permits, etc, into an editor thread, that'd be appreciated. 

18 hours ago, Pantelas said:

Could someone please post about the actual topic, namely how Brexit looks like in the end product?  Do the issues discussed in here still appear? Still waiting for feedback to see whether I'd get the game or wait for patches...

If you like signing young players under 22 don’t play in England and see all or any of my posts in this thread  

2 hours ago, Domathon said:

If you like signing young players under 22 don’t play in England and see all or any of my posts in this thread  

Thanks for your reply. I really don't mind about any brexit scenario, even if that means I'll only have to buy English players. But from what I had read the whole system was flawed, with teams not readjusting their visions, having appeals accepted after 6 months after no changes in player status, etc. I'd like to know whether those issues seem sorted now

5 ore fa, Fuzzo ha scritto:

Just a heads up folks - (this is Maitiu) I have now tested both files up to 10 seasons with no issues.  The change I made is very lightweight so I expected as much, just thought I would give people the confidence before starting their first long term save.

Thanks a lot for your fix, man.

7 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Lads, if you could take discussion about actually making editor files over to the Editor Forum where people who regularly use the editor can help, rather than turning a discussion about work permits, etc, into an editor thread, that'd be appreciated. 

This includes questions about how to make certain editor file changes. The Editor Hideout subforum is there for a reason, use the expertise available over there, and post your editing questions and discussions over there, thanks :thup:

5 hours ago, Fuzzo said:

Just a heads up folks - (this is Maitiu) I have now tested both files up to 10 seasons with no issues.  The change I made is very lightweight so I expected as much, just thought I would give people the confidence before starting their first long term save.

Do you know if this works for the scottish premiership? Or is it just english prem, legend for sorting it btw!