Do you ever go back?

The delay to FMT21 has caused me to think about firing up an old version. Do you ever go back to an old favourite?

I haven't bought FMT for a couple of years but I really enjoyed the last one I played - FMT18. I had a decent save going on that one but then, like most of us, real life got in the way and I ended up doing other things and lost interest.

I could play FMT18 again. I seem to remember the new releases are always a bit buggy for a month or two after release. I might get back into it and not need the new one - it's not like I'll be missing out on new features because we don't know what they are for FMT21 yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

My last full FM was 2011, no choice back then. Took too long to play each season so gave up for a while.

Tried FM Classic 2015 and liked it. Then played 2016, 19 ad 20, and like it even more, now awaiting 2021 in a few days. Never thought of coming back to the full fat, hard to think of one feature of it that I miss. Maybe the squad registration rules or something similar but not a biggie. Editor and ability to play custom leagues would be nice as I loved Celtic + Rangers in EPL mod but that's not a dealbraker either and I get by with FMRTE to correct club colours and kits if necessary, otherwise not a fan of fiddling with budgets etc.

Long live the FMT! ;)

I've been playing the FMT20 demo on my laptop to get into the FM groove after the delay. 

This is the first time I've bought the Touch version, well on PC anyway, I had last year's on the Switch. I gave up on the"full fat FM" year's ago, mainly played mobile lately but it's so easy, can have a player score 100 goals a season who normally would struggle to get double digits.

Edited by MT55