dafuge's FM21 challenge

Whitby Town

59f253cd84f12_118px-Whitby_town_fc(1).png.bbd6a36e55629eafb4f1a3cea9507cab.png

National League North– 2021/22 – 10th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

The difficult first season was relatively painless. I was looking over my shoulder to the relegation zone for the first half of the season but as I was able to bring in new and better players we pulled away steadily. It felt more difficult to bring in better players in this version than in previous versions of the game but maybe that was just this game.

Key Players

Rosaire Longelo – Winger signed from Newcastle in October. Unfortunately reluctant to sign a new contract.

Layton Watts – The attacking midfielder was already at the club before my arrival. Added nine goals and eight assists.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21         Conference North                10th      

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bamberbridgefc.png.e6d6aff2e20622bc2933892f3701cd18.png

Crispypaul
Bamber Bridge

League One
2025/26

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - a very slow start to the season but we got better and better and eventually had a great 3rd place finish.  We took care of MK Dons in the semis then met Rochdale (who also only got promoted last season) in the final.  Sadly they beat us 2-1 to keep us in the division for next season.

FA Cup - Fixtures - a very good run until everyone's favourite cash cow away at Man Utd in the fifth round.

EFL Cup - Fixtures - out at the first hurdle again with a humping

EFL Trophy - Fixtures - who cares again

Finances - I sold Edwards 50% sell on for £1m.  Am upgrading training and youth facilities again.

Transfers - usual rotation, sold Allen for £2.5m +50% to Aston Villa which was a great deal for a player signed on a free

Squad

Top 5 players

Morgan Fox - experienced Welsh left back, keeps wanting a 3 year contract though which isn't happening

Matthew McNally - a bargain £800 signing in January from Glenavon bought the NI international left winger over the sea and onto the left where he excelled

Joe Allen - I signed the Gibraltar centre half on a free and he had a great season

Gary McGuigan - ex Man City NI striker signed on a free, had a hatful of goals

Alex Samuel - another experienced striker on a free, did better than expected

Future -lets try and get automatic promotion

Season	 	Division	Position	FA Cup		League Cup		Europe		Notes						
2021/22     	VNN	     	     1st         3rd round		-		-	League winners, promoted
2022/23		VNL		     4th  	 3rd round		-		-	Lost in play off semi
2023/24		VNL		     1st	 3rd round		-		-	League winners, promoted, FA Trophy winners
2024/25		L2		     1st	 5th round	1st round		-	League winners, promoted
2025/26		L1		     3rd	 5th round	1st round 		-	Lost in play off final

Edited by Crispypaul
updated transfer history

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

Kingstonian

Kingstonian F.C. - Wikipedia

Season Summary

On the face of it, a successful season, though losing in the play off final is heartbreaking.  We do have the consolation of an F. A. Trophy win, however.

Season Details

League Table - We were within a whisker of winning the league and securing automatic promotion, but a loss at AFC Fylde in the penultimate game ensured we had to settle for the play offs.

Play Offs - By finishing second, we received a bye in the first round.  We were drawn at home to Bradford City in the semi final, a team we defeated twice during the season.  A very nervy two one win saw us reach the final against Leyton Orient where we never turned up and lost two nil.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - Overall I have to be satisfied with our form throughout the season.  We never really had any long spells without a win.

F. A. Cup - We made it through to the first round before a very tough draw, away to promotion chasing League One side Wigan Athletic, put paid to our chances.

F. A. Trophy - Another cracking cup run as we made it all the way to the final where we met Aldershot.  We played really well in the final and ran out comfortable winners, by four goals to two to secure our first trophy in a domestic cup.

Pre Season Friendlies - Just the one loss in the nine games played.

Squad - We have a lot of quality and the squad is very young, so they are only going to get better.

Squad Dynamics - After a fairly successful season, you would expect the dynamics to be good, which they are.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - As usual, there were lots of new arrivals, nearly all teenagers, some who are too good for this level and some who have since proved they won't make it.

Transfers Out - I loaned quite a few out though also sold five players for transfer fees.

Youth Candidates - Another very poor intake with Mark Rooney supposedly the pick of the group.  Once again, no one will be offered professional terms.

Finances - Thanks to both the play off run and F. A. Trophy campaign, we have gone back into the black.

Key Players

Mungo Bridge - Another excellent season from the left back/centre half.

Tom Carroll - We only signed him in March but what a signing.  He is easily the best player at the club.

Oliver Bosworth - The goalkeeper was solid enough throughout the campaign.

Sam Collins - This versatile midfielder can either play in the middle or on the right wing.  He showed flashes though is capable of much more.

Louis Weatherstone - Aged only seventeen, he has a big future.  His performances are below par, however, we are getting offers for him from Championship clubs.

Next Season

Anything other than promotion I will deem a failure.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑↑        6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   9 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑
2022/23    Minimal = (2.00*) ↑   Continental B ↑↑↑   10 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   5 =   1 =   9 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  20 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Poor                   0       Basic                 Fairly basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Fairly basic =   Basic =            Local = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Poor =                 0 =     Adequate ↑            Average ↑        Fairly basic ↑     Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      59        37       10        12         124              66                 +58
2022/23      57        36        9        12         124              53                 +71

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          59        37       10        12         124              66                 +58             309 days
2022/23         116        73       19        24         248             119                +129             687 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    Vanarama National League South
2022/23    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League South (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------
1 x F. A. Trophy (2022/23)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League South        1st       Second round                   N/a            Promoted as champions.  Semi final of F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              2nd ↑     First round ↓                  N/a            Lost in play off final.  F. A. Trophy winners.

Edited by DazRTaylor

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2043/44

The trophies were rolling in, but last season we started to rack up a bit of debt. This season I needed to make sure the finances were sorted.

League Table - with the unbeaten run gone, I felt much happier playing the younger players in a few more games.

Community Shield - a big win to kick off the season.

UEFA Super Cup - it took a while, but we got the win.

League Cup - a perfect set of wins, although the final wasn't great.

FA Cup - just like the league cup, we won every game but City (featuring four former players) gave us a tough final. 

UEFA Champions League - our first European defeat in nearly two years, but it didn't mean a lot. 

Squad - I can't really improve it, so transfers now are all about profit and lowering the average age.

Transfers - it didn't quite work out, but I made a small profit on a key player. I've also started signing the odd youth product.

Finances - job done. It's not a huge profit, but it has got us out of any potential trouble.

Key Player Profiles:

Craig Austin - top scorer, but it was close.

Mauro - it's probably about time I made him the main man.

Zhang Debao - he's not making headlines, but he's a fantastic player.

Career Overview:

Season      League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22     National League South        14th           
2022/23     National League South        1st          Promoted as champions
2023/24     National League              14th
2024/25     National League              7th
2025/26     National League              2nd          Promoted via playoffs
2026/27     League Two                   7th          Promoted via playoffs
2027/28     League One                   6th       
2028/29     League One                   1st          Promoted as champions
2029/30     Championship                 2nd          Promoted
2030/31     Premier League               14th
2031/32     Premier League               7th
2032/33     Premier League               4th
2033/34     Premier League               5th          Europa League winners
2034/35     Premier League               3rd          League Cup finalists, Champions League winners
2035/36     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League finalists
2036/37     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2037/38     Premier League               1st          League Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2038/39     Premier League               1st          League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2039/40     Premier League               1st          League Cup winners, FA Cup finalists
2040/41     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2042/43     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

I've got a number of key players approaching 30, so I'm going to have some rebuilding to do over the next few seasons.

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

Kingstonian

Season Summary

A sublime season, with a league title and promotion to the Football League, together with lifting another F. A. Trophy and a spectacular run in the F. A. Cup.

Season Details

League Table - We were pushed all the way by Chesterfield, who only fell away in the last few games.  We won the title and secured promotion with three games remaining.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were in fine form for most of the season and we never looked back after gaining top spot early on in the season.

F. A. Cup - We made it all the way to the fifth round, before losing away to Championship side Norwich City.  The obvious highlight was the stunning victory over Manchester City in the fourth round.

F. A. Trophy - We made it through to our second successive final where we met Weymouth from the league below.  In the final, we proved to be far too good for our opponents and retained the trophy easily, running out winners by six goals to nil.

Pre Season Friendlies - A mixed bag as we lost three times at home, all to higher league opposition.

Squad - This squad is more than good enough already to challenge for promotion again.

Squad Dynamics - Exceptional as I would expect after such a good season.

Transfers In - I signed another load of youngsters and loans and a surprising amount of them have proved to be big hits.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - I cleared out the youngsters previously signed who were struggling, though Fulham did sign my hottest prospect over my head, as my moronic chairman agreed to a paltry fee.

Youth Candidates - Another very poor crop of players, with Aaron Hill supposedly the best among them.  No one will be offered a contract.

Finances - Due to the excellent cup runs, we have a very healthy bank balance.

Key Players

Tom Carroll - Another good campaign from the experienced midfielder.

Louis Weatherstone - The teenager defensive midfielder had a terrific season and I am not sure how much longer we can hold on to him.

Emmanuel Kiala - I signed the central defender as a squad player though his form was so good, he became an automatic selection.

Jake Scrimshaw - Arriving in October, the striker eventually forced his way into the team and repaid my faith by scoring 20 goals in 33 appearances.

Malik Mothersille - The twenty year old can play on either wing or up front and had a solid first year at the club.

Next Season

Another promotion will be the aim.  Whether that is finishing top of the pile remains to be seen, though with four promotion slots, there is no excuse for not going up again.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑↑        6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   9 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑
2022/23    Minimal = (2.00*) ↑   Continental B ↑↑↑   10 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   5 =   1 =   9 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  20 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental A ↑     11 ↑  11 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   5 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 =  11 ↑  11 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Poor                   0       Basic                 Fairly basic     Basic              Local      (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Fairly basic =   Basic =            Local    = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Poor =                 0 =     Adequate ↑            Average ↑        Fairly basic ↑     Local    = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Poor =                 0 =     Adequate =            Adequate ↑       Adequate ↑         Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      59        37       10        12         124              66                 +58
2022/23      57        36        9        12         124              53                 +71
2023/24      59        41       13         5         141              61                 +80

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          59        37       10        12         124              66                 +58             309 days
2022/23         116        73       19        24         248             119                +129             687 days
2023/24         175       114       32        29         389             180                +209           1,059 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2023/24    Vanarama National League
2023/24    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League (2023/24)

2 x F. A. Trophy (2022/23, 2023/24)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League South        1st       Second round                   N/a            Promoted as champions.  Semi final of F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              2nd ↑     First round ↓                  N/a            Lost in play off final.  F. A. Trophy winners.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Fifth round ↑                  N/a            Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

Kingstonian

Season Summary

Another highly successful season in the league as we secured promotion to the third tier by winning the league title, though we didn't have any real cup runs this year.

Season Details

League Table - We were top early on and never looked back.  We won the title and thus, promotion  to the third tier, with ease.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were very consistent throughout the year and won the title and promotion with ease.

F. A. Cup - A disappointing cup run this year as we were knocked out by lowly League Two side Bolton Wanderers in the second round.

Carabao Cup - A decent enough campaign, as we made it through to the third round before losing at home to Championship outfit Brentford.

Papa John's Trophy - Having topped our group, we qualified for the knockout stages.  We got as far as the third round before losing at promotion rivals Colchester United.

Pre Season Friendlies - Eleven games and only two losses equate to a successful pre season.

Squad - We are good enough for a top half finish next season in League One, though with the right additions, I feel we can challenge again.

Squad Dynamics - As good as it always is.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I spent a total of £300,000 on mostly young players, though I brought in a few experienced heads too.  Also, some loans cost money this year.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - I had my first seven figure sale and together with the sales of fringe players, we raised over £1.5m.

Youth Candidates - My best intake to date with goalkeeper James Lemon YP25C3 looking like the standout player.  Three players have been tagged and will be offered contracts.

Finances - Due to a large wage budget and a lack of any sort of cup run, we have slipped back into the red.

Key Players

Emmanuel Kiala - Another fine season from the defensive midfielder.  He is playing way above his level.

Luke Pearce - Signed on a free transfer, the Irish striker scored 42 goals in 51 appearances, in a highly successful first season.

Matt Guest - Costing a club record £120,000 from York City, the right winger/striker was good enough, though he only forced his way into the starting eleven regularly post Christmas.

Steve Gabbidon - Young right back signed on loan from Tottenham Hotspur who had a great season.  I have agreed a deal to sign him permanently when the transfer window reopens.

Bill Garner - Teenage left back signed on loan from Norwich City.  He was in good form for most of the season and I have renewed his loan for another year.

Next Season

At the very least, a play off place is the goal.

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental A ↑     11 ↑  11 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   5 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 =  11 ↑  11 ↑
2024/25    Nominal ↑ (2.75*) ↑   Continental Pro ↑   12 ↑  12 ↑   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑   5 =   1 =  12 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  13 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Poor                   0       Basic                 Fairly basic     Basic              Local      (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Fairly basic =   Basic =            Local    = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Poor =                 0 =     Adequate ↑            Average ↑        Fairly basic ↑     Local    = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Poor =                 0 =     Adequate =            Adequate ↑       Adequate ↑         Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑
2024/25    Below average ↑      Below average ↑        0 =     Adequate =            Adequate =       Adequate =         Regional = (2.00*) ↑

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      59        37       10        12         124              66                 +58             62.71%
2022/23      57        36        9        12         124              53                 +71             63.16% ↑
2023/24      59        41       13         5         141              61                 +80             69.49% ↑
2024/25      56        42        5         9         123              38                 +85             75.00% ↑

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2021/22          59        37       10        12         124              66                 +58             62.71%             309 days
2022/23         116        73       19        24         248             119                +129             62.93% ↑           687 days
2023/24         175       114       32        29         389             180                +209             65.14% ↑         1,059 days
2024/25         231       156       37        38         512             218                +294             67.53% ↑         1,409 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2023/24    F. A. Trophy
2024/25    Sky Bet League Two

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League Two (2024/25)

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Fifth round ↑                  N/a            Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Second round ↓              Third round       Promoted as champions.  Third round of Papa John's Trophy.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Crispypaul
Bamber Bridge

League One
2026/27

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - much better this season, couldn't catch Derby but we nabbed 2nd and automatic promotion to the Championship.

FA Cup - Fixtures - a fantastic run including an away defeat of Millwall and Premier League side West Brom until Leicester brought us back down to earth.

EFL Cup - Fixtures - at some point I better win some of these

EFL Trophy - Fixtures - finally shot of this nonsense

Finances - our youth setup is costing more now as improved to category 2New stadium is coming also.  McNally was sold for a sizable fee at the end of the season.

Transfers - shifted around again - biggest deal was McNally going for £7m + 50% to Watford.

Squad

Top 5 players

Morgan Fox - a really good season and finally signed a contract at the end of the season

Matthew McNally - too good for this level and Watford agreed

Gary McGuigan - not quite as prolific but still had a good season

George Nunn - golden boot winner loaned from Rochdale

Alex Samuel - strong up front once more

Future - going to be an interesting one..

2021/22     	VNN	     	     1st         3rd round		-		-	League winners, promoted
2023/24		VNL		     1st	 3rd round		-		-	League winners, promoted, FA Trophy winners
2026/27		L1		     2nd	 QF		1st round		-	Promoted

Thought I'd start my Dafuge challenge with Hornchurch.  Corrected the kit colours and crest and ready to go.

So just to confirm ... apart from me starting at the bottom with no qualifications etc I also have no staff so have no idea of the relative ability or potential of any player in my squad.  Before I can even assess my squad I have to get an Assistant Manager and Scout in ...

image.thumb.png.83fd118794dcc9687a9e5671b1792131.png

image.png.1b07a7b4218a11c2e6ece275df1ac0e4.png

Edited by andydick

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

Kingstonian

Season Summary

A season in which we dominated the league from the first month until the last, though once again, we were found wanting in the cups.

Season Details

League Table - We were by far the best team in the division and won the league and promotion with ease.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We only had one sticky patch, in February so there was no risk of not seeing it through.

F. A. Cup - A dreadful performance away to Fleetwood Town, saw the club eliminated at the first time of asking, in the first round.

Carabao Cup - We made it through to the third round, including beating Premier League Brighton & Hove Albion in round two, before being found out at home to Manchester United.

Papa John's Trophy - We once again won our group, though we lost in the first knockout round, at home to Colchester United on penalties.1

Pre Season Friendlies - Just two defeats in our eleven games is a successful pre season.

Squad - We are not good enough to go up again, so a season of building the squad is in store.

Squad Dynamics - As beautiful as it always is.

Transfers In - The usual mic of youngsters and loans arrived.  I did spend a total of £600,000 improving the squad however.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - Fringe players and youngsters departed, raising over £2m in transfer fees.

Youth Candidates - We are back to having poor intakes, though Andy Montague YP26A4 is worthy of a contract.

Finances - We are back in the black, though we are forecast to lose a lot of money in the next twelve months.

Key Players

Luke Pearce - The striker was decent enough, though I fear he has reached his level as his goals record has tailed off somewhat.

Steve Gabbidon - Another good season from the right back, now a permanent member of the squad.

Zach Jeacock - Signed on a free transfer, the goalkeeper exceeded my expectations and had a fine campaign.

Charlie McCann - Signed for a club record £450,000 from Carlisle United in January, the midfielder/forward has been sensational.

Stephan Brunke - Playing in central midfield, the German had a difficult first season in England.  Big improvements are expected next season.

Next Season

A safe mid table season would be lovely.

Personal Coaching Data

2024/25    Nominal ↑ (2.75*) ↑   Continental Pro ↑   12 ↑  12 ↑   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑   5 =   1 =  12 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  13 ↑
2025/26    Decent ↑  (3.00*) ↑   Continental Pro =   12 =  12 =   6 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  13 =   5 =   1 =  12 =  11 =  12 =  20 =  14 ↑  13 =

Club Facilities

2024/25    Below average ↑      Below average ↑        0 =     Adequate =            Adequate =       Adequate =         Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2025/26    Below average =      Below average =        4 ↑     Adequate =            Good ↑           Average ↑          Regional = (2.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      59        37       10        12         124              66                 +58             62.71%
2022/23      57        36        9        12         124              53                 +71             63.16% ↑
2023/24      59        41       13         5         141              61                 +80             69.49% ↑
2024/25      56        42        5         9         123              38                 +85             75.00% ↑
2025/26      54        35       10         9         114              53                 +61             64.81% ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2021/22          59        37       10        12         124              66                 +58             62.71%             309 days
2022/23         116        73       19        24         248             119                +129             62.93% ↑           687 days
2023/24         175       114       32        29         389             180                +209             65.14% ↑         1,059 days
2024/25         231       156       37        38         512             218                +294             67.53% ↑         1,409 days
2025/26         285       191       47        47         626             271                +355             67.02% ↓         1,773 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2023/24    F. A. Trophy
2025/26    Sky Bet League One

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League One (2025/26)

Career Overview

2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Second round ↓              Third round       Promoted as champions.  Third round of Papa John's Trophy.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     First round ↓               Third round =     Promoted as champions.  Second round of Papa John's Trophy.

Crispypaul
Bamber Bridge

Championship
2027/28

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - a really surprising season and in fact we were top briefly however a stutter around Christmas continued and we ended up finishing a still excellent 3rd.  We beat Stoke over two legs in the play off semis then met West Brom in the final who it turned out were too good for us.  We would have been smashed in the Premier League anyway.

FA Cup - Fixtures - knocked out in the 4th round away at Man City

EFL Cup - Fixtures - actually won a game in this

Finances - doing pretty well.  

Transfers - I paid money for players for once and also signed foreign players for the first time

Squad

Top 5 players

Morgan Fox - his final great season 

Aaron Maguire - ex Spurs youngster was really strong in goal

Gary McGuigan - more of a rotation option but still scoring

Helder Fernandes - top quality ex Sporting Lisbon forward

Marcus Sheldon - ludicrously prolific striker loaned from our parent club Everton, sadly not coming back

Future - new stadium is coming so would be nice to debut in that the Premier League

2027/28		CH		     3rd	 4th round	2nd round 		- 	Lost in play off final

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

Kingstonian

Season Summary

A solid, if unspectacular season.  A decent league campaign where we never threatened the play offs and were never in danger of relegation either.  A decent F. A. Cup run was pleasing, though we were dreadful in the Carabao Cup.

Season Details

League Table - A safe mid table position represents a good first season at this level.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were very inconsistent and losing eleven games at home shows you where we need to improve.

F. A. Cup - A good enough cup run where we made the fifth round before losing narrowly at Premier League giants Chelsea.

Carabao Cup - Going at in the first round, we played very poorly at fellow Championship outfit Portsmouth.

Pre Season Friendlies - With just one loss in our ten games, the season was set up nicely.

Squad - We are getting stronger though I do not feel we are ready to mount a promotion challenge just yet.

Squad Dynamics - As good as it always is.

Transfers In - I acquired the usual mix of free transfers and loans, though I did spend just under £500,000 too.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - Around £1.4m was raised through the sales of more fringe players.

Youth Candidates - Not the best intake, though a few were offered contracts.  Macauley Rogers YP27D8 looks like the best prospect.

Finances - We are back in the black due to the higher TV revenue in the second tier.

Key Players

Stephan Brunke - A better season from the young German.  I accepted a bid of £4.2m for him, though I was pleased he turned the move down.

Charlie Webster - Signed on a free transfer from Chelsea, the midfielder was arguably our best player this season.

Renaldo Highland - The left signed from Tottenham Hotspur in January for £200,000 and did ok, though I expect more from him.

Matías Cáceres - Signing on a free transfer, also in January, the young Uruguayan is starting to settle in.  I expect big things from him next season.

Derrick Abu - Another January addition, the German right back arrived from Borussia Dortmund for a bargain £51,000.

Next Season

Perhaps we can challenge for the play offs, though we are not ready to go up just yet.

Personal Coaching Data

2025/26    Decent ↑  (3.00*) ↑   Continental Pro =   12 =  12 =   6 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  13 =   5 =   1 =  12 =  11 =  12 =  20 =  14 ↑  13 =
2026/27    Decent =  (3.00*) =   Continental Pro =   13 ↑  12 =   6 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  12 ↓   5 =   1 =  13 ↑  11 =  12 =  20 =  14 =  14 ↑

Club Facilities

2025/26    Below average =      Below average =        4 ↑     Adequate =            Good ↑           Average ↑          Regional = (2.00*) =
2026/27    Below average =      Below average =        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Good ↑             Regional = (2.00*) =

Season Record

2025/26      54        35       10         9         114              53                 +61             64.81% ↓
2026/27      50        22        9        19          84              79                  +5             44.00% ↓

Overall Career Record

2025/26         285       191       47        47         626             271                +355             67.02% ↓         1,773 days
2026/27         335       213       56        66         710             350                +360             63.58% ↓         2,137 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2023/24    F. A. Trophy
2025/26    Sky Bet League One

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League One (2025/26)

Career Overview

2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     First round ↓               Third round =     Promoted as champions.  Second round of Papa John's Trophy.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  9th ↑     Fifth round ↑               First round ↓     Safe mid table season.

2 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I am bored of Kingstonian and find myself being drawn back to FC United...as usual.

I remember having a great save with them a long time ago, maybe the rivalry with United adds something that is missing with other clubs?

Club Introduction

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

Mfhg4nb.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Overall Career Record

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Edited by DazRTaylor

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2044/45

With the finances sorted for now, my attention turned to rebuilding the squad for the future.

League Table - we won it easily, but we dropped a lot more points than usual as we battled with injuries.

Community Shield - a nice easy win.

UEFA Super Cup - an amazing comeback.

League Cup - no problems here.

FA Cup - we very nearly got knocked out by our feeder club.

UEFA Champions League - nearly perfect as we beat Barca in the final yet again.

Squad - almost perfect.

Transfers - transfers were made to bring in some money.

Finances - we badly need that new stadium.

Key Player Profiles:

Mauro - it was a draw for top scorer!

Alessio Diamante - we've got four class strikers.

Paul Perry - the first youth product that has made it into the first team squad.

Career Overview:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2034/35     Premier League               3rd          League Cup finalists, Champions League winners
2035/36     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League finalists
2036/37     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2037/38     Premier League               1st          League Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2038/39     Premier League               1st          League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2039/40     Premier League               1st          League Cup winners, FA Cup finalists
2040/41     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2042/43     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

I suspect the chance of a new stadium is a few years away, so all we can do is keep winning.

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

After a slow start, we found some tremendous form and secured the title and promotion, with a game to spare.  A decent F. A. Trophy run brought in a little bit of income.

Season Details

League Table - After twenty or so games we were in mid table and the play offs looked a long way off.  The fact we finished the season so strongly and actually won the division and secured promotion, is remarkable.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were very inconsistent early on, losing five of our first nine league games.  We settled down and finished the campaign playing out of our skin.

F. A. Cup - We were knocked out at the fourth qualifying round stage by fellow Vanarama National League North outfit Spennymoor Town.

F. A. Trophy - An excellent run as we made it through to the quarter final before losing to a last minute goal away to Crawley Town, who play in the league above.

Pre Season Friendlies - We played eight games and lost five of them, all at home.  We did win the other three, all away from home, though this was a tough pre season campaign.

Squad - With the right additions, we can challenge for another promotion, such is the strength of the squad.

Squad Dynamics - Considering the high turnover of players, this is remarkably good.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - I signed a whole host of youngsters and loans as I completely revamped the squad.

Transfers Out - A few departed as they proved to be not good enough.

Youth Candidates - A decent enough intake for this level with two players being rewarded with contracts.  Joshua Curtis YP22A1 looks like the best prospect.

Finances - Due to strong attendances, we have a healthy bank balance.

Key Players

Phil Jagielka - Now aged 39, the former England international provides vital experience at the back.

Austin Samuels - I was craving a striker before this guy agreed to join in November.  He was fairly prolific, scoring 27 goals in 34 appearances.

Nicolas Hansen - The 20 year old American goalkeeper won points for the club on his own.

Dylan Thompson - Central defender who is still only a teenager.  Had a good year and was an automatic selection throughout the season.

Joel Connolly - Teenage right back who played well throughout the campaign.

Next Season

I believe we are good enough to go up again, be it through the play offs or automatically.

Personal Coaching Data

2021/22    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C ↑         5 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local   (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good ↑↑          Average ↑↑         Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2021/22      55        33       11        11         109              52                 +57             60.00%

Overall Career Record

2021/22          55        33       11        11         109              52                 +57             60.00%             309 days

Trophy Haul

2021/22    Vanarama National League North

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League North (2021/22)

Career Overview

2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Fourth qualifying round         N/a           Promoted as champions.  Quarter final of F. A. Trophy

My Whitby game did not go well so I went back to the drawing board with my tactic. I grew fed up of having 20 shots to 2 and conceding 2 goals so decided to try and sort out defensive frailties. After a week of messing about in FM Touch I came up with a new tactic. I am ditching my previous 4-3-3 for a very direct 4-4-2 and will start a new game with it, this time as Lancaster City.

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

A tremendous season where we dominated in the league from start to finish to secure promotion to the Football League.  A poor F. A. Cup run was disappointing, though lifting the F. A. Trophy was nice.

Season Details

League Table - At the start of the season we went off like a train and never really slowed down, winning the league title and promotion to the Football League with six games remaining.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We were very consistent throughout the year with no real struggles.

F. A. Cup - Very disappointing as we went out in the first round, losing away to fellow Vanarama National League outfit Ebbsfleet Town.

F. A. Trophy - I doubt I will ever have an easier cup campaign as we comfortably won in every round, before narrowly winning the final against Hartlepool United to win our first cup competition.

Pre Season Friendlies - A much better pre season campaign as we only lost three of our ten games.

Squad - The squad is more than good enough to challenge in League Two.

Squad Dynamics - Simply beautiful.

Transfers In - Not as many new arrivals as last season, though I still managed to significantly improve the squad.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - I allowed a lot of youngsters to go out on loan as well as two significant sales, both with sell on clauses.  I also sold a few fringe players.

Youth Candidates - A quality intake with quite a few who may make the first team in the years to come.  Ashley Williams YP23A3 looks like a fine prospect.

Finances - With attendances remaining strong, together with some funds raised through player sales, not to mention the winning F. A. Trophy campaign, the balance remains healthy and in the black.

Key Players

Kun Temenuzhkov - Bulgarian striker who hit the ground running.  29 goals in 33 appearances shows he is enjoying life here.

Sean McAllister - Twenty year old Northern Irishman who can play anywhere on the right hand side, though he is usually deployed on the right wing.

Harry Brockbank - A fine first season at the club from the central defender.

Derrick Williams - Experienced centre back partner of Harry Brockbank who also had a quality campaign.

Louie Moulden - Signed on a free transfer from Manchester City, the young goalkeeper had an outstanding year.

Next Season

Another promotion is the goal.  We are more than good enough to challenge again.

Personal Coaching Data

2021/22    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C ↑         5 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑
2022/23    Minimal = (2.00*) ↑   National A ↑↑        8 ↑   8 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑   8 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local      (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good ↑↑          Average ↑↑         Local    = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑↑   Good ↑             Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

2021/22      55        33       11        11         109              52                 +57             60.00%
2022/23      55        41        9         5         119              39                 +80             74.55% ↑

Overall Career Record

2021/22          55        33       11        11         109              52                 +57             60.00%             309 days
2022/23         110        74       20        16         228              91                +137             67.27% ↑           687 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    Vanarama National League
2022/23    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League (2022/23)

Career Overview

2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Fourth qualifying round         N/a           Promoted as champions.  Quarter final of F. A. Trophy
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     First round ↑                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Crispypaul
Bamber Bridge

Championship
2028/29

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - after narrowly missing out on promotion last season by losing in the play off final I was determined to get automatic promotion - we did in fact challenge for the title only to lose out by a single point but off to the promised land we go

FA Cup - Fixtures - excellent run to the semis where Man Utd were too much for us

EFL Cup - Fixtures - 3rd round exit away at Man City

Finances - decent enough, not going to be an issue at all soon.  

Transfers - Our youth system is showing returns as we sold two youth products for just under £10m + clauses

Squad

Top 6 players

Aaron Maguire - solid in goal again

Helder Fernandes - really good season again from the Portuguese

Leif Davis - Fox's replacement at left back picked up where he left off with a great season

Sean Furness - Chelsea centre half in this third season long loan with us and this one was his best

Bernard Kyeremateng - ex Monaco youth player was highly prolific

Camilo Meija - Colombian centre half loaned from parent club Everton for the 2nd season, solid again

Future - lets hope we don't get absolutely stuffed.  If we do get relegated we get £41m in parachute payments anyway :eek:

2028/29		CH		     2nd	 SF		3rd round		-	Promoted, runners up

Hmm so our stadium has been apparently delayed until November 2029 so we're going to play in our current one with approx 2,000 seats...

Sounds like a bug as its below ground grading requirements (and IRL there is a perfectly good stadium a few miles away in Preston)

Lancaster City

Lancaster_City_F.C._Club_Badge.jpg.44b2dd2055f8164d10cea059161fb574.jpg 

National League North– 2021/22 – 8th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A good first season saw us run it close for the playoffs. As is usual in the first season, recruitment was slow going with players iteratively brought in to improve each position. The squad I started with acquitted itself well which helped me in not having to rush recruitment and allowed me to get the right players.

Positively, the board have already announced a new stadium.

Key Players

Kelsey Mooney – The ex-Scunthorpe striker scored 18 league goals, a goal every other game.

Rhys Turner – Already with the club when I joined, Turner scored 25 goals initially upfront but ultimately from the wing.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21         Conference North                8th       

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

Another sublime season, with the club winning League Two and securing promotion to the third tier.  Decent runs in both the F. A. Cup & Carabao Cup, together with lifting the Papa John's Trophy, all equate to a fantastic year.

Season Details

League Table - We dominated from start to finish and won the league title by a huge seventeen points.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were once again very consistent and when we clicked, we were magnificent.  Just ask Yeovil Town, who we hammered six nil.

F. A. Cup - We managed to reach the third round where we played top flight Everton.  We managed to secure a draw at home before narrowly losing the replay at Goodison Park, 3-2.

Carabao Cup - Sheffield United, a Premier League outfit, outclassed us and eliminated the club in the third round, beating us two nil in Manchester.

Papa John's Trophy - By topping our group, we made it through to the knockout stages.  We made it all the way to the final, where we played Manchester United Under 23's and in a very tough game, we were eventually victorious, by three goals to one after extra time.

Pre Season Friendlies - With just two defeats in our ten games, we set ourselves up for a successful season nicely.

Squad - The squad is young, fit and talented.  Another promotion push is on the cards.

Squad Dynamics - It is still very lovely.

Transfers In - Not as many arrivals but the quality was a clear step up from what we had already.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - The sales and loan of players raised £875,000 for the club in transfer fees.

Youth Candidates - Another strong intake, with Welsh defensive midfielder Mathew Evans YP24C11 looking like a fine prospect.

Finances - We lost money over the course of the season, though we are still in the black.

Key Players

Sean McAllister - The versatile Northern Irishman played well wherever I deployed him.

Derrick Williams - The central defender was immense and was one of the reasons we had such a good defence.

Louie Moulden - The goalkeeper was exceptional throughout the season.

Josh Benson - A player I signed as a backup.  He was so good, he was one of my best players all year.

Xavier Simons - The central midfielder has proved to be a bargain as he cost just £20,000 from Woking.

Next Season

I honestly feel another promotion is on the cards.

Personal Coaching Data

2022/23    Minimal = (2.00*) ↑   National A ↑↑        8 ↑   8 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑   8 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental C ↑      9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   2 =   1 =   2 =   9 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   8 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  12 ↑   9 =  10 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local      (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good ↑↑          Average ↑↑         Local    = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑↑   Good ↑             Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑
2023/24    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Good =             Regional = (1.50*) =

Season Record

2022/23      55        41        9         5         119              39                 +80             74.55% ↑
2023/24      61        43       11         7         143              52                 +91             70.49% ↓

Overall Career Record

2022/23         110        74       20        16         228              91                +137             67.27% ↑           687 days
2023/24         171       117       31        23         371             143                +228             68.42% ↑         1,045 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2023/24    Papa John's Trophy
2023/24    Sky Bet League Two

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League Two (2023/24)

1 x Papa John's Trophy (2023/24)

Career Overview

2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     First round ↑                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third round ↑               Third round       Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy winners.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Lancaster City

Lancaster_City_F.C._Club_Badge.jpg.44b2dd2055f8164d10cea059161fb574.jpg

National League North– 2022/23 – 2nd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion in our second season via the playoffs. We were annoyingly inconsistent during the season.. actually we were annoyingly consistently inconsistent. Throughout the season we  lost exactly one game every month for the seven months from October and drew at least one game. This inability to string together runs of wins cost us automatic promotion. We regularly climbed to the top of  the table before dropping back into the playoffs and having to claw our way back. The large reason for this was our defence was not good enough. I struggled to pickup the right players and really needed to replace every position in my back four and could have done with a keeper. On the other side of the coin, my strike partnership of Jake Wakeling and Oliver Sarkic  was excellent and scored 56 goals between them.

Ultimately we did take the title chase down to the last day. We needed to beat Blyth at home and hope Telford lost to Alfreton. We thrashed Blyth 4-1 but Telford’s 1-0 victory meant we would face the playoffs.

In the play-off semi-final we faced Chorley who had been early pace setters in the league and at one stage had held a commanding lead at the top the table. Our second place finish meant we were at home and although the game was close in the first half we ran out 4-1 winners. The final was again at home and again the game was fairly close on run of play but we secured promotion with a first half hattrick by Sarkic in a 3-0 win.

Key Players

Oliver Sarkic – The  Grimsby born Montenegrin scored 24 goals in 29 games.

Jake Wakeling – The  ex-Leicester stiker scored 32 goals. It looked like I would lose him at the end of the season but  I managed to persuade him to sign a new  contract.

Record

2020/21         Conference North                8th       
2021/22         Conference North                2nd                                             Playoff Final Winner, Promoted.                                

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

One of my best seasons ever as we dominated the league from start to finish.  We were ok in the cups, though we simply battered everyone else in League One.

Season Details

League Table - We secured the title with five games remaining.  We finished by winning the league by a huge twenty two points.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were unbeaten until January, such was our dominance.  

F. A. Cup - Our best run yet, as we made it to the fourth round before losing at home to Championship outfit Cardiff City.

Carabao Cup - A narrow defeat at home by Premier League side Barnsley in the third round, ended our interest in the competition.

Papa John's Trophy - We once again topped our group, though there was no repeat of last season's triumphant campaign.  Defeat at home by Arsenal Under 23's in the quarter final stage put paid to that.

Pre Season Friendlies - We played twelve games and only lost once, at home to top flight Burnley.

Squad - With the right additions, we can be quite comfortable in the Championship I think.

Squad Dynamics - It is quite lovely isn't it?

Transfers In - The usual plethora of loans and free transfers came in, though I did break the clubs transfer record, spending £250,000 on one player.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - A host of players not good enough were sold together with quite a few youngsters who left on loan.

Youth Candidates - A decent intake with Pakistani Muhammad Hussain YP25B19 looking like the best player.

Finances - We are in the black, though only because I sold a sell on clause for just under £1.4m.

Key Players

Louie Moulden - The goalkeeper continues to go from strength to strength.  We have started turning down offers from larger clubs for him.

Xavier Simons - Another stellar season from the midfielder.

Adam Wilks - Signed on loan from Tottenham Hotspur, the left winger had another superb season and has agreed to extend his loan into next year as well.

Lewis Ferguson - Scottish international central midfielder who also arrived on a free transfer.  Big things are expected from him next season.

Joe Maggs - Young striker who is on loan from Norwich City.  A return of 38 goals in his 52 appearances was phenomenal.  I am delighted that he has agreed to stay with the club next season.

Next Season

I would love to challenge for a playoff place.

Personal Coaching Data

2023/24    Minimal = (2.50*) ↑   Continental C ↑      9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   2 =   1 =   2 =   9 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   8 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  12 ↑   9 =  10 ↑
2024/25    Decent ↑  (3.00*) ↑   Continental B ↑     11 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   4 ↑   2 ↑   3 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  15 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑

Club Facilities

2023/24    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Good =             Regional = (1.50*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent ↑        Regional = (2.00*) ↑

Season Record

2023/24      61        43       11         7         143              52                 +91             70.49% ↓
2024/25      59        42       11         6         133              50                 +83             71.19% ↑

Overall Career Record

2023/24         171       117       31        23         371             143                +228             68.42% ↑         1,045 days
2024/25         230       159       42        29         504             193                +311             69.13% ↑         1,409 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2024/25    Sky Bet League One

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League One (2024/25)

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third round ↑               Third round       Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy winners.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Fourth round ↑              Third round =     Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy quarter final.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

A season of underachievement.  We were top after six games, then our form fell off a cliff.  We ended the season in fine form, though a mid table finish is below my expectations.  Both cup competitions were poor as we were eliminated early on in both.

Season Details

League Table - A mid table finish.  We started and finished well, but the bit in the middle was dreadful.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - After a fine start, we then went eleven games without a win.  We continued our inconsistent form in what can only be described as a poor season.  It was good to finish with eight straight wins though.

F. A. Cup - A tough draw against fellow Championship side Brentford saw the club eliminated in the fourth round after a replay.

Carabao Cup - We made the third round again before losing on penalties, after a dour nil nil home draw with Premier League promotion chasers Stoke City.

Pre Season Friendlies - By winning all twelve pre season games, it gave me a false sense of security of where we were as a club.

Squad - We are not as good as I thought we were so I need some major acquisitions this summer.

Squad Dynamics - After finishing the season so well, this is exceptional.

Transfers In - The only money spent was on loans as all permanent arrivals were free transfers.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - Most of the departures were loans, though four fringe players were sold, including a club record sale, Herbert Fauland, for £4.7m.

Youth Candidates - Welsh left back Leigh Heald YP26A26 is looking like the best player among a good group of players.

Finances - We finished in the black due to some Premier League money trickling down and a club record sale.

Key Players

Louie Moulden - The goalkeeper was much busier than I anticipated and he rose to the challenge with aplomb.

Adam Wilks - After a third year on loan with us, the Tottenham Hotspur left winger has agreed to return next season too.  A good season from the youngster.

Joe Maggs - The striker, who is on loan from Norwich City, struggled at the higher level, though he was somewhat hampered by injuries.  He will return next season.

Luke Bradley Morgan - Another loanee, the defender's parent club is Chelsea.  He was one of our best players this year and I am delighted he has agreed to return next season.

Werner Reuter - Twenty year old German right winger signed on a free transfer from Borussia Dortmund.  He struggled somewhat early on but finished the season on fire.

Next Season

I hope to be in a position to challenge for a play off place.

Personal Coaching Data

2024/25    Decent ↑  (3.00*) ↑   Continental B ↑     11 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   4 ↑   2 ↑   3 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  15 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑
2025/26    Decent =  (3.00*) =   Continental B =     12 ↑  12 ↑   4 =   4 =   2 =   3 =  12 ↑  12 =  12 =  12 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  15 =  12 =  14 ↑

Club Facilities

2024/25    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent ↑        Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2025/26    Below average ↑      Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent =        Regional = (2.00*) =

Season Record

2024/25      59        42       11         6         133              50                 +83             71.19% ↑
2025/26      52        23       11        17          94              60                 +34             44.23% ↓

Overall Career Record

2024/25         230       159       42        29         504             193                +311             69.13% ↑         1,409 days
2025/26         282       182       53        47         598             253                +345             65.60% ↓         1,772 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Fourth round ↑              Third round =     Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy quarter final.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Championship          10th ↑     Fourth round =              Third round =     Mid table mediocrity.

Crispypaul
Bamber Bridge

Premier League
2029/30

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - an incredibly tough season where we had a number of hammerings, however we scraped enough wins together to finish in a solid 14th.

FA Cup - Fixtures - made it to the semis again but eventual winners Spurs were too good for us

EFL Cup - Fixtures - got smashed in the 4th round by Chelsea

Finances - utterly ridiculous.  This is after a couple of training and youth facilities updates too.  Now up to youth category 1.

Transfers - gambled a bit with a net spend of around £10m which thankfully paid off, but need improvements next year.

Squad

Top 6 players

Aaron Maguire - conceded over 100 goals but still had a good season

Helder Fernandes - thankfully kept his scoring rate up in the Premier League

Charlie Kelly - signed the Australian striker on a free from Dortmund's B team and he did well

Benjamin Molina Puga - spent £4.7m on the Argentine centre half and he did reasonably

Callum Flatman - Scottish centre half for £2.1m from Hearts did ok

Future - I need to make a few changes to the squad to improve on last season.  We'll be spending the next season at Ewood Park due to a stadium expansion.

2029/30		PL		     14th	 SF		4th round	 	- 	Stayed up

Well things did not go well. After promotion form was poor.. I switched and changed tactics and things did not get any better. I quit when I was given ultimatum. I've spent the weekend working on a new tactic and hopefully this will be bet. I've got a 4-2-3-1 which seems a lot more consistent. Having another go as Whitby.

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

With promotion secured with three games remaining and a Carabao Cup final appearance, I think it is safe to say it was a highly successful season.

Season Details

League Table - We secured promotion with three games remaining and the title with one left to play and were top throughout the campaign.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were consistent throughout and were the standout side in the division.

F. A. Cup - A shock defeat at home to Ipswich Town saw the club eliminated at the fourth round stage.

Carabao Cup - A stunning run as we made it all the way to Wembley and the final, where we played top flight Everton.  We never turned up on the day and were hammered five nil.

Pre Season Friendlies - With nine wins from ten matches, pre season was rather good.

Squad - We are not good enough to compete in the Premier League, so some major strengthening is required in the summer.

Squad Dynamics - It is still marvellous.

Transfers In - I spent over £25m rebuilding the squad and strengthening it in areas where we were weak.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - Over £40m was raised as, among others, two young German players, who were signed on free transfers a year ago, were sold for big money.

Youth Candidates - A mediocre intake to be honest, though Aaron Roberts YP27C35 looks like he has a chance of making it.

Finances - We have a very healthy bank balance and with the Premier League millions about to pour in, it is only going to get better.

Key Players

Cristopher - I wasn't in the market for a new goalkeeper, but when this guy was available on a free transfer, I didn't hesitate.  A great signing and he played well too.

Anthony McGee - Costing just £300,000 from Manchester United in January, the centre back played like a veteran and is now an automatic selection.

Roméo Lavia - The Belgian arrived from Manchester City for £425,000 in January and anchors the midfield beautifully.

Moritz Wolf - The club record signing from Middlesbrough, he signed for £10.5m.  He struggled initially but came into his own as the season progressed.

Bryan Fiabema - Norwegian winger who signed on a free transfer from Napoli in Italy.  I expect big things from him.

Next Season

Survival.  Anything else is a bonus.

Personal Coaching Data

2024/25    Decent  ↑ (3.00*) ↑   Continental B ↑     11 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   4 ↑   2 ↑   3 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  15 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑
2025/26    Decent  = (3.00*) =   Continental B =     12 ↑  12 ↑   4 =   4 =   2 =   3 =  12 ↑  12 =  12 =  12 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  15 =  12 =  14 ↑
2026/27    Okay    ↑ (3.25*) ↑   Continental A ↑     13 ↑  13 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   2 =   3 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  14 ↑  16 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 =  20 ↑  14 ↑  15 ↑

Club Facilities

2025/26    Below average ↑      Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent =        Regional = (2.00*) =
2026/27    Average ↑            Adequate ↑             4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National ↑ (2.50*) ↑

Season Record

2025/26      52        23       11        17          94              60                 +34             44.23% ↓
2026/27      57        39       10         8         137              65                 +72             68.42% ↑

Overall Career Record

2025/26         282       182       53        47         598             253                +345             65.60% ↓         1,772 days
2026/27         339       221       63        55         735             318                +417             65.19% ↓         2,136 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2026/27    Sky Bet Championship

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet Championship (2026/27)

Career Overview

2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Championship          10th ↑     Fourth round =              Third round =     Mid table mediocrity.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Championship           1st ↑     Fourth round =              Runners up =      Promoted as champions.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Crispypaul
Bamber Bridge

Premier League
2030/31

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - a considerably better season - who knew not conceding so much would help - led us to a brilliant 5th place finish and Europa League football next season.

FA Cup - Fixtures - knocked out on penalties by Chelsea in the quarters

EFL Cup - Fixtures - another 4th round exit at home to Man Utd

Our U23 team won the Papa John's Trophy (it's been dominated by U23 team wins, the last 6 finals won by them)

Finances - madness.  I can't actually spend it all as our rep is too low.

Transfers - shored up our defence a bit.  Mainly bought South Americans.

Squad

Top 6 players

Aaron Maguire - good as ever

Helder Fernandes - another brilliant season and also won the Golden Boot.

Charlie Kelly - went to the Asian Cup for a month but was great when playing

Benjamin Molina Puga - doing a good job in defence

Ignacio Landaburu -  a bargain £825k signing from Peruvian side Allianza

Future - going to be interesting now we've European football to contend with

2030/31		PL		     5th 	 QF		4th round 		- 	Qualified for Europa League

Whitby Town

National League North– 2021/22 – 19th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Another first season in my third attempt at the challenge. Having done okay in my first season only to see the wheels fall off in subsequent seasons in previous attempts this time we were pretty poor in our first season. Oddly though I was not unhappy with my tactics which seemed to be doing a job commensurate with the players I signed. I was more cautious with signings as I was always a good distance from the relegation zone. Therefore I struggled to improve the side as much as I  might have liked. Hopefully recruitment will be easier in my second season.

Key Players

Rosaire LongeloThe Congelese winger scored 9 goals but I couldn’t persuade him to sign a new contract.

Nyall Bell – Ex-Stockport Striker was not prolific but played an important role.

Record

2020/21         Conference North                19th       

Whitby Town

National League North– 2022/23 – 2nd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

No promotion in our second season despite running it very close. We were pace setters in the early season with only one defeat prior to a boxing day defeat by Gloucester. Following this January was a disaster with only one win in six games. We rallied somewhat in February and March and were back in contention but in April again we collapsed again with an equally  disastrous run. We finished second to Kidderminster with a sizable five point gap.

In the play-offs despite our form I was positive. We outplayed Gateshead in the semi and ran out 2-0 winners. In the final however despite comprehensively dominating Southport we conceded a 56th minute goal and were unable to climb back into the game.

Key Players

Christian NortonThe ex-Stoke forward brought pace to the front line and contributed 28 goals.

Ali ReghbaAlgerian inside forward who scored 11 league goals from the right wing after joining on a free from Leicester.

Record

2021/22         Conference North                2nd                                             Playoff Finalists.       

Whitby Town

National League North– 2023/24 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion was achieved in our third season as champions with 100 points. Despite this it was not comfortable with second place Gateshead achieving 97 points. The previous season champions Kidderminster were promoted with 86 points, this season three teams achieved significantly more than that. We were run close most of the season but could have pulled free if not for too many draws (although we did get.. you know, 100 points). Success was driven by a strong defence and a couple of key players in attack. We are lacking in midfield and the attack will need strengthening if we are to succeed next season.

Key Players

Colin SeadonYoung striker picked up from Everton scored 23 league goals.

Fisayo Dele-BashiruThe Nigerian midfielder joined on a free from Sheffield Wednesday and contributed 9 assists.

Record

2021/22         Conference North                2nd                                             Playoff Finalists.      
2022/23         Conference North                1st                                             Promoted, Champions.      

End of Season Review

Season 2027/28

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

Favourites for relegation, we were absolutely fantastic.  How we ended up finishing as runners up, I will never know.  We were very poor in the domestic cups, however.

Season Details

League Table - What a season!  We were in a relegation fight after ten games but responded magnificently, going on a long unbeaten run and finishing in second place and qualifying for the Champions League.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - After a few heavy defeats early on, I was worried.  We then started churning out the victories and winning became a habit.  We had the best away record in the league, winning an astonishing fourteen games on the road.

F. A. Cup - We were eliminated in the fourth round, as we were well beaten at home by fellow top flight side Everton.

Carabao Cup - A disaster.  We were knocked out at the first hurdle, by League Two outfit Harrogate Town, who beat us on penalties.

Pre Season Friendlies - With only one defeat in the thirteen games played, it was a good pre season campaign.

Squad - With the squad being so young, we are only going to get better.

Squad Dynamics - As beautiful and lovely as you would expect after such a good season.

Transfers In - For the first time, we spent more than we raised, as I significantly strengthened the squad.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - I raised over £22m in player sales, none of whom were a first choice selection.  We also allowed a lot to leave on loan.

Youth Candidates - A poor intake overall, though goalkeeper Graham Holland YP28A37 looks a decent enough prospect.

Finances - As expected, we are now rolling in cash.

Key Players

Cristopher - Despite missing roughly half the season through injury, the goalkeeper was still exceptional when fit.

Nikolaj Möller - The 25 year old Swede arrived on a free transfer from Arsenal.  I expected him to be nothing more than a squad player, though once he forced his way into the team, he never looked back.

Leandro Molina - Costing just £5.5m from Boca Juniors, the Argentinian central defender was fantastic all season.

Javier Gorgoroso - Another South American centre back, the twenty year old Uruguayan arrived from Nacional for £9m and he formed a terrific partnership with Melina.

Franklin Hlatshwayo - Another twenty year old, the South African cost just £1.2m from Mamelodi Sundowns in his homeland.  One of the best players at the club.

Next Season

I don't want to regress, so a repeat will be the goal, though I fear this will be a tall order.

Personal Coaching Data

Season   Reputation             Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start Minimal       (0.25*)   None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22  Minimal     = (1.00*) ↑ National C ↑        5 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑
2022/23  Minimal     = (2.00*) ↑ National A ↑↑       8 ↑   8 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑   8 ↑
2023/24  Minimal     = (2.50*) ↑ Continental C ↑     9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   2 =   1 =   2 =   9 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   8 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  12 ↑   9 =  10 ↑
2024/25  Decent      ↑ (3.00*) ↑ Continental B ↑    11 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   4 ↑   2 ↑   3 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  15 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑
2025/26  Decent      = (3.00*) = Continental B =    12 ↑  12 ↑   4 =   4 =   2 =   3 =  12 ↑  12 =  12 =  12 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  15 =  12 =  14 ↑
2026/27  Okay        ↑ (3.25*) ↑ Continental A ↑    13 ↑  13 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   2 =   3 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  14 ↑  16 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 =  20 ↑  14 ↑  15 ↑
2027/28  Fairly Good ↑ (3.50*) ↑ Continental Pro ↑  14 ↑  15 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   2 =   3 =  15 ↑  14 ↑  16 ↑  16 =   1 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑  20 =  15 ↑  17 ↑

Club Facilities

2026/27    Average ↑            Adequate ↑             4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National ↑ (2.50*) ↑
2027/28    Great ↑              Good ↑                 3 ↑     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National = (3.00*) ↑

Season Record

2026/27      57        39       10         8         137              65                 +72             68.42% ↑
2027/28      41        26        4        11          86              61                 +25             63.41% ↓

Overall Career Record

2026/27         339       221       63        55         735             318                +417             65.19% ↓         2,136 days
2027/28         380       247       67        66         821             379                +442             65.00% ↓         2,515 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Championship           1st ↑     Fourth round =              Runners up =      Promoted as champions.
2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Premier League                        2nd ↑     Fourth round =              Second round ↓    Qualified for Champions League.

Edited by DazRTaylor

image.jpeg.ba7b61abe0f2e0406a9ef85984f2ebec.jpeg

Season Review (Season Seven, 2027-28)

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager Attributes / Manager Character / Facilities / Annual Injuries / Competitions / Reputation / Club Vision

SUMMARY

If Season 6 was considered a strange season, then Season 7 had to be considered a dominant season.  Off to a hot start, we didn't lose a league match until our meeting with Southend in match day 8 (we had a PPJ and and EFL Cup loss prior).  That match would be one of only 5 losses in the league suffered all season, and by that time it appeared we would be out of the relegation scrap (despite a preseason prediction of 24th!).  By mid-season, we were already well into the playoff spots and within striking distance of the auto-promotion spots.  By matchday 26, we were in the auto spots, and would never leave.  By about matchday 32, we were so far ahead of 4th (I believe it was Leyton Orient at the time) that it appeared that, while mathematically possible, it was not probable that we would drop out of the auto-spots.  With about 15 to play, we were within striking distance of league leaders Coventry, who would remain frustratingly 3-5 points ahead of us.  Match day 36 brought us head to head with Coventry, with the chance to jump ahead of them on the table, but we were thoroughly outclassed in a 2-0 loss, putting us 5 back, again.  But, we still had time.... and we ended up slowly whittling away their lead until the penultimate match, when they stumbled against a Carlisle team we had just beaten 4-1 a couple matches earlier.  We won our match against playoff chasing Chesterfield, and suddenly with one to play we had a one-point lead in the league, and the title was in our hands.  A win by us, or a loss by Coventry (or a draw by both us and Coventry), and the title was ours.  We got off to a hot start, with AML Roberts continuing his fine form of the season by finding the net in the 4th minute vs Stevenage.  The pressure was on when it was announced that Coventry had taken a lead in their match in the 60th minute, which meant we HAD to win this match.  AMR Euan Williams gave us an important insurance goal in the 73rd, which eased the pressure a bit..... but a sudden lapse in defense just two minutes later had me on the edge of my seat, as Stevenage scored off of a throw-in to make it a one-goal game once again.  Relief flooded through the stadium as Roberts popped up again in the 83rd minute, finding the net on a short thru ball from Wildbore, putting us up 3-1 and, when the whistle blew 10 minutes later, the stadium erupted in pandemonium.  It was perhaps the most important goal of his (Roberts) career --- and perhaps mine as well!  Coventry would end their season with a 2-0 win over Swindon --- but the 7 points they dropped from match days 43-45 proved their undoing, and they would settle for auto-promotion but no silverware.

Our dominant run was not so much due to any individual player as to the team as a whole.  Other than my newly signed DL Pina, we did not have anyone in the top 5 of any statistical categories (Pina ended up in top 3 of -- I believe -- 3 categories -- Tackle%, key tackles, and....one other).  But, together, the team just worked out very well.  My three strikers (Jaylen Wildbore (15), Callum Crook (8), and Jake Walsh (11)) contributed 34 goals and 11 assists.  My wingers (Angus Roberts (12), Euan Williams (10)) had another 22 goals and 12 assists.  My midfielder rotation of Barnes (AMC primarily), Dean Boyce, Daniel Gallimore, Phillip Ross, and Morgan Clarke would add another 13 goals and 26 assists.  My defense even chipped in 7 goals and 17 assists.  Craig King set a team record for clean sheets with 17, playing every match of the season.  It was really a total team effort all season long.  Whether they were starters, rotation players, or players pressed into service due to injuries -- they just performed, and performed well.

Promotion / Playoffs

We made a strong push for a playoff spot, but it was just a bit too far a reach.  We'll give it a try next season.

Cup Competitions

A bit of a mixed bag here this season.  Once again, the EFL Cup came and went with barely a notice, as we succumbed 2-0 to perennial L1 Bristol Rovers (in a match which I admittedly played a "B" team, trying to keep some starters ready for the important league matches, while getting some of the rotation players match fit).  It would end up paying off in the long run, as any kind of run in this competition was highly unlikely.

The Papa Johns Trophy was a bit less successful than the prior season (a season which saw us out of the group stage by dint of winning 2 (or 3?) PK shootouts in the group stage.  Losses to Newport Co (2-1) and West Ham U23s (4-1) sandwiched...another PK Win vs Plymouth (2-2 in regulation), but was not enough for us to advance this season.  Still, it was enough to satisfy the board, so I am happy enough :D 

The real excitement came in the FA Cup, where a 1-0 win vs Torquay (Crook getting the winner here), and a 3-2 victory over Barnet (Wildbore netting twice) set us up for our first really big FAC draw in the challenge --- away vs Liverpool in the 3rd round.  And, by this time, the team was really rolling in the league, and were not to be overshadowed by Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp pronouncing that the third round would easily be won by the home side.  This was one of the few matches against Championship+ sides in which we were not completely dominated (previous FAC matches featured shot differentials such as 22-3, 30-4, etc.).  In this one we were outshot, but the margin was a much more reasonable 22-11.  

The match started rather predictably, with Liverpool being gifted a PK in the 4th minute and giving Liverpool the early lead.  They would add goals in the 28th and 32nd minute to take a 3-0 lead and appear to bring Klopps pre-match prattle to fruition -- but then we kicked into high gear.  Wildbore would give us one back on one of our few 1st half attempts, making it 3-1 at the half.  Liverpool would start the second half with a ton of pressure, but my tactic of forcing their play wide and trying to cross into the box paid off, as my DCs (Boateng and Leddie) were completely dominant in the air, winning 100% (13 between them) of the contested headers into our box.  Still, it wasn't until the 84th minute that we achieved another breakthru, with DR Harrison feeding a thru ball to WIldbore who took a step to avoid a defender, then buried the ball into the left corner of the net past a diving Abdullah Rabie, making the scoreline 3-2 and forcing Klopp to sweat a little.

Sadly, 2 or 3 more attempts at the end were closed down well by the 'pool defense, and the score stood 3-2 at the whistle.  

Not a bad effort for the team, however, and this would easily be a highlight for many of these players' careers.  Something like £1.1M in gate receipts was welcome too, finally putting us back in the black (though, after doling out money for a training ground upgrade, we would only have £200k left in the bank, which would evaporate over the remainder of the season, despite a spike in attendance at home.  (We started the season with about 1300 home fans/match, and would end the season with about an average of 2500 home fans per match  --- and are still losing 40-50K/month).

I predict.... a round FOUR next season!!!

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees  Last season, I predicted Boateng and Gallimore to crack into the inductees this season, and they did not disappoint.    Boateng was the top pick (78 appearnces, 4 goals and 6.87 AvR -- and a huge presence in the aerial game).  Gallimore (MC) and Euan Williams (AMR) were also both selected.  Next season's prediction:  AML Roberts!!

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season  Goalkeepers strike again, as Craig King (52 app, 7.01 AvR, 52 conceded, 17 clean sheets) is the FPoY for 2nd year in a row!

Signing of the Season  Angus Roberts was dominant in the team awards this season!

Young Player of the Season  Angus Roberts again

Goal of the Season --Euan Williams with an absolute stunner from about 20 yards against eventual 2nd place Coventry.

Top Goalscorer -- Jaylan Wildbore (15)

Most Assists -- Agnus Roberts - AML  (8)

Most PoM awards -- Agnus Roberts - (7)

Highest AvR -- Agnus Roberts (7.1)

Additional awards:  Jenkins was the VNL signing of the season, runner up for top goalscorer.  Yours truly won Manager of the Year.  

Leiston were both the FA Cup and the VNL league overachievers.

Youth Intake Preview/Intake/ Top Graduate

Spoiler

Preview  Season 1  Ken Ward, A left back that with just a little development might crack the first team next season.  (incidentally...coincidentally?  2nd edition of FM in a row that my "top graduate" was named Ward!  FM20 was Karl Ward!

Preview  Season 2  Maxwell Gard, (not my pick as top youth!) is a multi-role potential player that looks good enough to fill in immediately in a pinch.  Whether he develops or not will be the deciding factor.

Preview  Season 3  John Evans -- a Center-back with potential.  Need to get my Model-Citizen to mentor him a bit...and need coaches and facilities to actually improve players.

Preview  Season 4  Tyrone Cooper -- The best of the batch likely won't ever make the first team.  Interestingly, I had a large amount of "outspoken, volatile, confrontational" players in this crop (and the HYoD is more media-friendly).

Preview Season 5  Chesley Jacob -- Someone who I can actually feel a bit excited for --- 1* Senior CA with a pretty decent array of attributes (not overwhelming, but not lacking in any major area either).  Might see some part-time work in coming season.  2.5-3.5* potential too.

Preview Season 6 At 3-4* potential, Nelson Eames is easily the best prospect to come thru the system.  Time will tell if the defender can crack into the team in the future.  

Preview Season 7 The preview might have gotten it right, as Mitchell Marks (AM(C)) looks more than capable of cracking into the first team in a year or two.  Already 1.5*CA with 4-5* PA I'm excited to watch his progress.

TEAM, INDIVIDUAL, AND LEAGUE RECORDS

A host of records were set or broken this year:  (* denotes ongoing record -- bold indicates record broken this year)

Spoiler

Needham Market -- Team Records

Highest League Position -- 1st in Sky Bet League 2 (2025/6) / Previous record --10th in Sky Bet League 2 (2026/7)

Lowest League Position -- 14th in Vanarama North (2022/23)Previous record -- 7th in the Vanarama North (2021/22)

Most Points in a Season -- 99 (2027/28) / Previous Record -- 87 (2023/24)

Fewest Points in a Season -- 57 (2024/25) /Previous Record -- 61 (2022/23)

Most League Wins in a Season -- 29 (2027/28) / Previous Record -- 24 (2023/24)

Fewest League Wins in a Season -- 13 (2024/25) /Previous Record -- 16 (2022/23)

Most League Defeats in a Season -- 17 (2022/23) / Previous Record -- 14 (2021/22)

Fewest League Defeats in a Season -- 5 (2027/28) / Previous Record --  7 (2023/24)

Most League Draws in a Season -- 18 (2024/25) / Previous Record -- 14 (2023/24)

Fewest League Draws in a Season -- 10 92020/21)

Most League Goals in a Season -- 92 (2023/24) / Previous Record -- 81 (2021/22)

Fewest League Goals in a Season -- 53 (2024/25) / Previous Record -- 68 (2022/23)

Highest Attendance -- 4000 (vs Cardiff (H), FAC3R, 14 Jan 2026) / Previous Record -- 2374 (vs Charlton, FAC1R, 10 Nov 2023)

Highest Gate Receipts -- £72.29k  (vs Cardiff (H), FAC3R, 14 Jan 2026) / Previous Record --  £39.69k  (vs Charlton, FAC1R, 10 Nov 2023)

Average Attendance -- 2064 (2027/28) / Previous Record -- 1554 (2026/27)

Lowest Attendance -- 142 (vs Bournemouth U23s (H), PJT South Section Group D, 1 Sept 2026 / Previous Record -- 254 (vs Scarborough (H), VNLN, 2 Aug 2022

Biggest Win -- 6-1 (vs Merthyr (A), VNLN, 5 Mar 2022) / Previous Record -- 

Biggest Defeat -- 2-5 (vs Gateshead (A), VNLN, 5 Aug 2023) / Previous Record -- 1-4 (vs Chorley (A), VNLN, 27 Aug 2022)

Highest Scoring Match -- 4-4 (vs Boston Utd (A), VNLN, 19 Aug 2023) / Previous Record -- 5-2 (vs AFC Telford (H), VNLN, 27 Nov 2021)

Highest Scoring League match --4-4 (vs Boston Utd (A), VNLN, 19 Aug 2023) / Previous Record --5-2 (vs AFC Telford (H), VNLN, 27 Nov 2021)

Most Matches Won in a Row -- 7 (20 Jan - 27 Feb 2024) / Previous Record -- 4 (25 Feb - 11 Mar 2023)

Most Matches w/o Losing -- 23 (16 Jan - 21 May 2024)  / Previous Record -- 9 (25 Feb - 10 Apr 2023) 

Most Matches Lost in a Row -- 5 (18 Apr - 30 Jul 2022)  / Previous Record -- 4 (18 Apr - 3 May 2022)

Most Matches w/o Winning -- 12 (8 Apr - 6 Sept 2025) / Previous Record -- 7 (7 Apr - 8 Aug 2023)

Most Matches w/o Scoring -- 3 ( 8 - 15 Aug 2026) / Previous Record -- 2 ( 28 Dec 2021 - 1 Jan 2022)

Most Matches w/o conceding -- 5 (9-29 Mar 2024) / Previous Record -- 3 (2 - 16 Oct 2021)

Needham Market - Individual Records

Most League Goals by a Player -- 160 -- Callum Crook*

Most Overall Goals by a player -- 49 -- Callum Crook (2023/24) / Previous Record -- 40 -- Callum Crook (2022/23) 

Most League Appearances by a player -- 289* (Finlay Barnes)* / Previous Record -- 162* (Kyle Hammond)

Most League Goals by a Player -- 37 (Callum Crook (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Highest Average Rating -- 7.44 (Callum Crook (2023/4) / Previous Record-- 7.41 (Josh Fouche (Colchester loanee)

Youngest Player -- Lawson Warner -- 16y239d (vs Gateshead (A), VNLN, 7 Aug 2021)

Oldest Player -- Josh Payne -- 34y 152d (vs Morcambe (A), Vanarama National League, 26 Apr 2025 / Previous Record - Rossi Jarvis -- 33y 362d (vs Guisley (H), VNLN, 8 Mar 2022)

Fastest Goal -- Kieran Henderson -- 23s (vs Kettering (H), VNLN, 1 Apr 2023) / Previous Record -- Andrew Sealy-Harris -- 25s (vs Buxton (A), VNLN, 29 Jan 2022)

Most goals in a Match -- 4 -- Callum Crook (4-0 vs Alfreton Town (A), VNLN, 23 Mar 2024) / Previous Record -- 3 -- Callum Crook (4-0 vs Merthyr (H), VNLN, 31 Aug 2021)

Most goals in a League Match -- 4 -- Callum Crook (4-0 vs Alfreton Town (A), VNLN, 23 Mar 2024) / Previous Record -- 3 -- Callum Crook (4-0 vs Merthyr (H), VNLN, 31 Aug 2021)

Most Assists in a Season  -- 11 -- Finlay Barnes (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 

Must Shutouts in a season -- 17 -- Craig King (2027/28) / Previous Record -- 14 -- Olivier Eto'o

Most PoM Awards -- 14 -- Callum Crook (2023/24) / Previous Record -- 12 -- Calum Crook (2022/23)

Youngest Goalscorer -- Lawson Warner -- 17y 94d (vs Alfreton (H), VNLN, 15 Mar 2022) / Previous Record -- 

Oldest Goalscorer -- Adam Bailey-Dennis -- 32y 204d (vs Alfreton (A), VNLN, 10 Apr 2023) / Previous Record -- Adam Bailey-Dennis -- 31y196d (vs Scarborough Athletic (H), VNLN, 2 Apr 2022)

The Rest of England

Spoiler

Promoted from the Regional Premier Divisions

Worcester City, Staines Town, Stourbridge, Truro City, Worthing, Hitchin Town, Lancaster, Mickleover

LEAGUE WINNERS (Promoted / Relegated)

EPL:  Man CIty (Norwich, Aston Villa, Brighton)

Championship:  West Brom (West Brom, Bournemouth, Sheffield Utd / Charlton, Rochdale, Port Vale)

League One:  Sheffield Wednesday (Sheffield Wednesday, Peterborough, Accrington Stanley/ Fleetwood, Rotherham, Exeter City, Salford)

League Two:  Leiston (Leiston, Coventry, Shrewsbury, Lincoln City/ Stockport County, Solihull Moors)

Vanarama National League:  Notts County (Notts County, Wrexham / Yeovil Town, Gloucester City, Havant & Waterlooville, Maidstone Utd)

Vanarama National North : Fylde (Fylde, Harrogate Town / Halesowen Town, Cambridge City, Lowestoft, Town, Hednesford Town)

Vanarama National South:  Woking (Woking, Oxford City / Hendon, Folkestone, Margate, Hayes & Yeading United)

CUP WINNERS

English FA Cup:  Woolverhampton Wanderers (vs Leicester)

Carabao Cup:  Chelsea (Vs Liverpool)

Community Shield:  Chelsea (vs Arsenal)

Papa John's Trophy: Liverpool U23s (vs Watford U23s)

English FA Trophy: Hartlepool (vs Altrincham)

EURO QUALIFICATIONS

Champions Cup Group Stage:  Arsenal (Europa League Winners), Liverpool (ECL Winners), Man City (EPL Winners), Man United (2nd in EPL),  Tottenham (4th in EPL)

Europa League Group Stage:  Wolves (FA Cup Winners), Chelsea (5th in EPL)

Europa Conference League Playoff:  Southampton (6th in EPL)

CONTINENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS

Watford -- Eliminated from UEFA Europa Conference League 2nd Knockout Round (by Roma)

Man Utd -- Eliminated from UEFA Champions League Quarter Final (by RB Leipzig)

Tottenham -- Eliminated from UEFA Europa League Quarter Final (by Everton)

Man City -- Eliminated from UEFA Champions League Semi-Final (by Chelsea)

Everton -- Eliminated from UEFA Europa League Semi-Final (by Marseille)

Arsenal -- Won UEFA Europa League (vs Marseille)

Liverpool -- Won UEFA Europa Champions League (vs Chelsea)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from UEFA Champions League Final (by Liverpool)

What's Next

New training facilities are complete --- although they are still terrible.  Wage budget is up the the league cap of 48, and we're spending about £16K/wk (and still losing money hand over fist).  I'll be losing maybe 4K on the release of players, so I have some cap room, but need to use it sparingly to avoid going deep in the red again.  Looking at some youth players, I've got 3 coming, 2 of which will be starters -- adding depth at DC and finally finding a possible Callum Crook replacement.  Wildbore is serviceable, but still only feels like a #2.  Crook agreed to resign as an impact sub -- so he still can push towards that 200 goal mark for the team (still a ways off, but if he picks up 8-10 a season as he's done then he'll get there soon.  He is currently on 176 goals for the team). I'll have to see what falls out on July 1st to decide what else needs to be picked up.  I have gotten my left side (AML Roberts, DL Pina) tied up for another 3 years --- both with a decent release clause so that if someone comes after them, we'll be able to pick up replacements.  

Other than that, it is wait and see what L1 brings.

Career Overview

Season                      Team                                    League                            League Position(Predicted)              FAT           FAC        PJT            LC            UEFA         CL

• Spoiler

2021/22          Leiston                          Vanarama North                              7(24   )                              2RD        1RD

2022/23          Leiston                          Vanarama North                             14(24)                               2RD         1RD

2023/24          Leiston                          Vanarama North                               2(21) Prom via P/O       1RD        4RD

2024/25          Leiston                          Vanarama National                         14(24)                               3RD       4RD

2025/26          Leiston                          Vanarama National                          2(23) Prom via P/O       3RD        4RD

2026/27          Leiston                         Sky Bet League 2                              10(24)                                              1RD       SS2Rd     1Rd

2027/28          Leiston                         Sky Bet League 2                                1(25)                                              3Rd        Group    1Rd

End of Season Review

Season 2028/29

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

A disappointing season domestically as we finished fifth in the league and went out at the quarter final stage in both cups.  In Europe, it was a different story, however, as we were runners up in the Champions League.

Season Details

Champions League - Despite being drawn in the group of death, we finished in second place and qualified for the knockout rounds.  We made it through to the final, where we played Manchester City.  Despite leading two nil early on, it wasn't to be, as we lost three two.

League Table - Too many dropped points meant a repeat of last season was always going to be unlikely.  We had to settle for a fifth place finish.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - After a good start, we lost five league games out of six in November & December, making any top four finish look unlikely.

F. A. Cup - We made it as far as the quarter final before losing away to Tottenham Hotspur, by three goals to one.

Carabao Cup - A shock defeat away to Championship side Barnsley saw the club crash out at the quarter final stage.  A real shame as I think we had a good chance of winning some silverware.

Pre Season Friendlies - With twelve games played and eleven wins and one draw, this was exceptional, especially considering the strength of the opposition.

Squad - The quality is improving and with the right additions, we can challenge for the title.

Squad Dynamics - Lovely, just lovely.

Transfers In - I spent £86m, including breaking the club transfer record, as I added quality to a number of positions.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - A player signed in the summer for free, was sold for £40m in January, represented a fine piece of business.  In all, £110m was raised in player sales.

Youth Candidates - A poor intake where goalkeeper Fresnel Kamango YP29A43 is regarded as the best prospect.

Finances - We are swimming in cash.

Key Players

Cristopher - A decent enough season from the Spanish goalkeeper, though I fear his progress has stalled somewhat.

Javier Gorgoroso - A solid campaign from the Uruguayan international centre back.

Franklin Hlatshwayo - A highly versatile forward, the South African international played well wherever he was used.

Ismet Alispahic - Bosnian international striker signed for a club record £33m at the end of January.  A sensational player, he settled immediately and scored 28 goals in just 20 appearances.  The fact he finished in third place for top goalscorer in the division, speaks volumes.

Carlos Alberto - Yet another South American centre half, the Brazilian had an exceptional year after signing from Corinthians for £12.25m.

Next Season

We need to get back into the top four and the Champions League.

Personal Coaching Data

Season   Reputation             Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start Minimal       (0.25*)   None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22  Minimal     = (1.00*) ↑ National C ↑        5 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑
2022/23  Minimal     = (2.00*) ↑ National A ↑↑       8 ↑   8 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑   8 ↑
2023/24  Minimal     = (2.50*) ↑ Continental C ↑     9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   2 =   1 =   2 =   9 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   8 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  12 ↑   9 =  10 ↑
2024/25  Decent      ↑ (3.00*) ↑ Continental B ↑    11 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   4 ↑   2 ↑   3 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  15 ↑  12 ↑  13 ↑
2025/26  Decent      = (3.00*) = Continental B =    12 ↑  12 ↑   4 =   4 =   2 =   3 =  12 ↑  12 =  12 =  12 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑  15 =  12 =  14 ↑
2026/27  Okay        ↑ (3.25*) ↑ Continental A ↑    13 ↑  13 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   2 =   3 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  14 ↑  16 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 =  20 ↑  14 ↑  15 ↑
2027/28  Fairly Good ↑ (3.50*) ↑ Continental Pro ↑  14 ↑  15 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   2 =   3 =  15 ↑  14 ↑  16 ↑  16 =   1 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑  20 =  15 ↑  17 ↑
2028/29  Very Good   ↑ (4.00*) ↑ Continental Pro =  14 =  15 =   6 =   4 =   2 =   3 =  15 =  15 ↑  16 =  18 ↑   1 =  13 =  13 =  13 =  20 =  18 ↑  18 ↑

Club Facilities

2027/28    Great ↑              Good ↑                 3 ↑     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National = (3.00*) ↑
2028/29    Superb ↑             Excellent ↑            2 ↑     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National = (3.50*) ↑

Season Record

2027/28      41        26        4        11          86              61                 +25             63.41% ↓
2028/29      59        33        9        17         128              75                 +53             55.93% ↓

Overall Career Record

2027/28         380       247       67        66         821             379                +442             65.00% ↓         2,515 days
2028/29         439       280       76        83         949             454                +495             63.78% ↓         2,892 days

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Premier League                        2nd ↑     Fourth round =              Second round ↓    Qualified for Champions League.
2028/29    Runners up               N/a                    N/a                       Premier League                        5th ↓     Quarter final ↑             Quarter final ↑   Champions League runners up.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Crispypaul
Bamber Bridge

Premier League
2031/32

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - another very good 5th place finish, we're not far off the top 4 but a little way from the title

FA Cup - Fixtures - great run to the final where unfortunately Chelsea were too much for us

EFL Cup - Fixtures - out on penalties away at Everton in the 4th round

Europa League - Fixtures | Table - we topped a good group of Valencia, Slavia Prague and Osijek only to face bloody Athletico Madrid (who won La Liga the season before, only to finish 3rd in their CL group) in the 2nd knockout round.  Surprisingly we knocked them out on penalties to then face Rangers in the quarter final whom we got past fairly easily.  Man Utd were too much in the semis though.

Finances - ludicrous

Transfers - spent more money but also sold a lot of players.  I am going to try and buy some real quality now.

Squad

Top 6 players

Aaron Maguire - called up by England to Euro 2032 but didn't play.

Helder Fernandes - astonishing season, winning the FWA Player of the Year, PFA Player of the Year, Golden Boot and European Golden Shoe

Charlie Kelly - rotated a little but still scoring

Earl Fairhurst - the "next Michael Owen" burst into the first team from our youth setup

Nelson Bennett - bought the centre half from Chelsea and he kept in the first team

Future - I am going to push for CL football now.  More stadium expansions coming.

2031/32		PL		     5th	 Runners-up	4th round		EL SF 	Qualified for Europa League

Whitby Town

National League– 202/24 – 13th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A solid midtable first season in the national league. I was uncertain as to where we might end up having finished as champions the previous season. We looked at one time to be battling relegation and form varied wildly. Ultimately it was an inability to re-inforce effectively that cost us. A number of players like Isaac Christie-Davies and Colin Seadon who looked unlikely to be good enough were still regulars for this season. Star midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru left in January for £120k to Fleetwood which helped with the finances but weakened us significantly.

There will be a fair amount of work needed in the transfer market for next season if we are to challenge for promotion to the football league.

Key Players

Eddie RaynesYoung centre-back signed from Man United who was not initially a regular but developed to be a first choice.

Wesley JobelloA mid-season arrival, the Martinique international scored 8 goals from the wing

Record

2021/22         Conference North                2nd                                             Playoff Finalists.      
2022/23         Conference North                1st                                             Promoted, Champions.      
2023/24         Conference National             13th                                            

Whitby Town

National League– 2024/25 – 7th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A much improved season prompted largely by good recruitment prompted by a better standard of player becoming available to me and an improved wage budget. In pre-season excellent attacking players arrived including Taylor Knight (Man U), Charlie Whitacker (Everton) and Jason Newham (also Man U) who filled the 3 attacking midfield positions as well as Micky Mellon (Burnley) to play the striker role. This attacking flair made a vast improvement but we were still week in more defensive positions particularly in goal. This ensured we were not quite good enough to push at the top end of the table. A thin squad also meant that when fatigue kicked in from December to February our form collapsed. By the start of March we were rooted in upper mid-table looking unlikely to make the play-offs. A light schedule in February though gave us a breather and form was much improved for the final two months of the season.

We sat in the last play-off spot in 7th going into the final three  games but despite our improved form lost to Halifax and drew with Dartford (having lead 3-0). A win 3-1 away at Yeovil was enough to move us ahead of Havant and above Gateshead on goal difference into 7th. In the playoffs we drew Dulwich who had lead the table for much of the season. Despite being away from home and clear underdogs we went in at half time a goal up. Two second half goals however saw Dulwich through to the playoff semi final.

It was a positive season however so things look good for next year.

Key Players

Oliver CooperOnce a regular in the Championship for Hudderfield, Cooper arrived in January and did well on the right wing.

Charlie WhitackerThe attacking midfielder signed from Everton and scored 7 goals.

Record

2021/22         Conference North                19th       
2022/23         Conference North                2nd                                             Playoff Finalists.      
2023/24         Conference North                1st                                             Promoted, Champions.      
2024/25         Conference National             13th                                           
2025/26         Conference National             7th                                             Play-off Loser.

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2045/46

Three straight years of winning the major trophies, we looked to make it four.

League Table - we were chasing United for most of the season, we won but we were not at our best.

Community Shield - this narrow win set up the season nicely.

UEFA Super Cup - the scoreline made it look exciting.

FIFA Club World Cup - we hung on for the win with ten men.

League Cup - Forest gave us our biggest test.

FA Cup - absolute domination.

UEFA Champions League - we so nearly threw away the final.

Squad - we need a rebuild, I've got too many older players keeping the youngsters out of the team.

Transfers - nothing except a couple of youth products sold.

Finances - we still badly need a new stadium.

Key Player Profiles:

Mauro - our new top scorer.

Patrick Wembangomo - still scored loads despite having to cover the wing due to injuries.

Kacper Zalewski - still our MVP, but he's injured so often.

Career Overview:

2044/45     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

I badly need to bring in some younger players, but it's tough to find anyone good enough for this squad. I'm going to have a go at rebuilding, but it might mean a dip in our success.

Whitby Town

National League– 2026/27 – 3rd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

I was going for promotion in our third season in the National League but it was not to be. We did run promotion very close and if it weren’t for a late season collapse we would have been. Pre-season was assisted by big bids coming in for key players from the previous season. Jason Newman, Taylor Knight and Charlie Whitaker all left for fees in excess of £200k which balanced the books and allowed for bolstered wage budget. This allowed us to recruit some really good players amongst them attacking trio Marcus Shelson (Leeds), Jack Leahy and Samuel Edozie (both Burnley).

We started the season well and by the turn of the year we held a commanding lead at the top of the league. In the new year however we were poor and struggled in January and drew too many games through February and March. April was a disaster however and we lost three of four games. This ultimately cost us and we finished in third place, bottom of a mini league of three teams in the title race along with Southend and Cheltenham.

In the play-off semi-final we faced Barrow at our ground. We edged the game in 90 minutes but couldn’t find a goal. In extra time however we found our shooting boots and scored twice to make the final. In the final we faced Cheltenham who had finished second in the league. Again we were the better team but this time couldn’t find the net. The game went to penalties and in the lottery of the shootout we missed twice, therefore missing out on promotion.

Key Players

Marcus Sheldon Arrived from Leeds on a free and scored 24 goals.

Samuel Edozie – The Nigerian inside forward was deployed on the left wing following his signing from Burnley and scored 12 goals.

Jack Leahy – Another arrival from Burnley, the Irish winger scored 8 goals from the right flank.

Record

2022/23         Conference North                2nd                                             Playoff Finalists.      
2023/24         Conference North                1st                                             Promoted, Champions.      
2025/26         Conference National             7th                                             Play-off Loser.
2026/27         Conference National             3rd                                             Play-off Final Loser.

Whitby Town

National League– 2027/28 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

After four seasons in the National League, promotion was finally obtained as champions. We ran out as clear winners with 97 points which underlined our dominance. Pre-season saw me concentrate on the midfield where I played three players in central positions all in their thirties. Adam Reach, Josh Harrop and George Moncur were all decent players but at the wrong  end of their careers. They were moved on and a mix of midfielders brought in to replace them. These players were largely attacking midfielders which gave me a challenge to work out who got the one central attacking midfield position in my 4-2-3-1 and who got the two holding roles. I initially planned to play new star signing from Man City, Matt Chapman in that role but in the end moved him to the wing. My main problem was that the remaining midfielders I signed, Alistair Eldridge, James Hayes and Matthew Cronin all had the individual trait Gets forward whenever possible. This was a worry for players in the holding roles but I decided to persevere and try and at least sign a defensive midfielder later. Success rendered this unnecessary.

We initially started indifferently in the league which prompted me to spend some time tinkering with my tactics. A few tweeks to prevent us being caught as often on the break was much more successful and we started to climb the league. Striker Marcus Sheldon and inside forwards Jack Leahy and Matt Chapman all finished with double figures for goals while attacking midfielder Alistair Eldridge contributed 14 assists. It was this attacking quartet that was the catalyst for success although a quality centre back partnership of Tom Kerr and Veysel Baba was also notable.

Key Players

Matt ChapmanThe 21 year old arrived from Man City and scored 16 goals from the right wing.

Veysel BabaTurkish centre back signed on a free transfer from Derby formed a great partnership with Tom Kerr at the back.

Record

2026/27         Conference National             3rd                                             Play-off Final Loser.
2027/28         Conference National             1st                                             Promoted, Champions.

Whitby Town

League Two– 2028/29 – 3rd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A second successive promotion means we will be playing in League One next season. This was a minor surprise to me as I thought we would struggle this season and my only ambition was to stay in the league. We started in line with these expectations with four points from four games. This was largely because I had been unable to recruit players of a better quality than what I already had. Come the end of August, it occurred to me that I could have a look at the loan market. This turned up a number of gems and in came half a dozen players. League rules meant I could only deploy five at once but I was regularly fielding five in my first XI. My form improved immediately and it dawned on me come October that we were heading towards the playoff zone. By the end of the year we were firmly placed in the top three and had held top spot on occasion.

January proved difficult as I received bids for key players, centre-back Veysel Baba and right winger Matt Chapman who duly left to Luton for £500k and Wigan  for £600k respectively. This was a blow and with no players available on permanent deals of the required quality I was forced to promote from within. Loan signing Niko Willard arrived at centre-back who was class but meant I had to remove another loan player from else where. Therefore I ended up restoring to the starting line up Jack Leahy and Alistair Eldridge who were members of  last years promotion season. My thinking was that any injuries to loan players would free up another space anyway and I was regularly bringing in reserve players anyway to give my first choice players a rest. In the midst of all this we had a good cup run progressing to the FA Cup fourth round where we took Swansea to a replay before a  heavy 3-0 at the Liberty Stadium.

In the end, we limped in to the end of the season. We failed to win in January and lost four games from eight in February but form improved to the end of the season. We only lost one of our final nine games and following a 6-1 win over Shrewsbury held a three point lead over fourth place Cheltenham. A loss and a draw left us hanging on in the promotion spots by goal difference equal on points with Cheltenham. We held a commanding 20 goal difference lead but had to go away  to Scunthorpe in our final game. We took a 23rd minute lead and held on for a 1-0 securing promotion.

Key Players

Roy Grubb Striker on loan from Bournemouth who scored 19 goals.

Dan Dawson21 year old dynamic midfielder on loan from Wolves.

Record

2027/28         Conference National             1st                                             Promoted, Champions.
2028/29         League Two                      3rd                                             Promoted

Crispypaul
Bamber Bridge

Premier League
2032/33

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - a very competitive race for the top 4, which we just about edged finishing 4th and qualifying for the Champions League.

FA Cup - Fixtures - got to the final against another West London team but this time came away 4-2 winners to lift the trophy

EFL Cup - Fixtures - considerably better this time including a thumping of Man Utd away in the semis, we faced Spurs in the final and won after extra time to lift the trophy.

Europa League - Fixtures | Table - Anderlecht, Honved and Lyon were our opponents in the group stage which we topped after a ridiculous 7-1 win away at Anderlecht opened the stage.  Parma of Italy were our knockout stage opponents whom we defeated fairly comfortably.  Next up in the quarters were Celtic whom we got past without conceding a goal.  We then faced Lyon again and frustratingly were knocked out on away goals.

Finances - ludicrous

Transfers - I splashed the cash substantially in January to push for the CL.  I said goodbye to Fernandes and Kelly whom were pushed down the pecking order by the new arrivals.

Squad

Top 6 players

Marcos Acosta - Paraguayan centre half has been with us for a couple of years and continues to develop

David Romano - Argentine centre half also had another good year

Earl Fairhurst - 50 goals in all competitions.  I don't think anything else needs to be said!

Stevan Bojovic - Serbian right winger did well

Hugo Arias - I bought the Colombian striker for a bargain £1.9m as a backup and he was amazingly prolific, particularly in Europe where he won Europa League Player of the Season

Future - now we're in the CL we can begin our push for this and the title

2031/32		PL		     5th	 Runners-up	4th round		EL SF 	Qualified for Europa League
2032/33		PL		     4th	 Winners	Winners			EL SF	Qualified for Champions League

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2046/47

We've won pretty much everything for the last few years, but the squad was ageing and the finances were getting precarious. This season was the start of a rebuild.

League Table - this was right up there with our best seasons, which was not expected.

Community Shield - we were a bit lucky to get the win.

UEFA Super Cup - another close one.

League Cup - we left it late!

FA Cup - our luck ran out as we made an early exit.

UEFA Champions League - no problems here as we went undefeated.

Squad - it's a step down from the squad of a few years ago.

Transfers - I set out to lower the average age.

Finances - looks like I've got work to do next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Mauro - top scorer.

Patrick Wembangomo - still one of our best players.

Alessio Diamante - our most valuable player.

Career Overview:

2045/46     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2046/47     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

We've made a start, but I'm going to need to replace a few more players. I just can't keeping spending £80m on every new player, I need to go back to finding the bargains.

Whitby Town

League One– 2029/30 – 2nd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

I was worried ahead of our first season in League One. Recruitment proved difficult and the board had dictated that we should make the play-offs. Ultimately though, in a close fought campaign we finished 2nd and were automatically promoted to the championship.

In pre-season it was a struggle to find players who could re-inforce the side. A handful of free transfers arrived, non of whom significantly improved the first team. The key signings were all loans with a number returning for a second season including striker Roy Grubb and midfielder Dan Dawson. Of players owned outright by the club, only Alfie Mullan was exciting. He was a 20 year old striker signed from Arsenal on a free.

We didn’t start well with only two wins from our first nine games through to the end of September. We were indifferent through October but improved in November and December going unbeaten and winning 12 of 13 games. This put us back in the promotion race and hot on the heals of pace-setters Huddersfield. We were poor in January but hit our stride for the run in. If it weren’t for a blip in March we would have finished champions but in the end I was more than happy to finish promoted. An excellent April registered four wins and a draw leaving us an outside chance of top spot with our final game away at Grimsby. Huddersfield would still overtake us if they won and we failed to win however so it was a nervous game. We were only able to record a 1-1 draw but fortunately Huddersfield had gone down to a 1-0 defeat at home to Swindon and we were promoted.

The main disappointment of the season was when star striker Alfie Mullan broke his ankle in April ruling him out for six months. Hopefully it won’t impact his development as he had an excellent first season with us.

Key Players

Alfie Mullan 20 year old striker scored 22 goals following his arrival from Arsenal but broke his ankle in the run in.

Mathew Worrall A regular in the championship with Blackburn before signing on a free. Worrall scored 10 goals from the right wing.

Record

2028/29         League Two                      3rd                                             Promoted
2029/30         League One                      2nd                                             Promoted