[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

3 hours ago, scarp said:

:eek: Fantastic results!

I think it's down to fitness levels and match sharpness,when I was in this competition with Stade Francais on FM20,the players were absolutely knackered after one game and with there being a limited amount of players you can register,it mounts up pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

Did Atlanta United actually offer you an interview or was it the  job open at the end of your season

Cruz Azul, the best team in La Liga not just La Liga MX!

Also for some reason I believe your 3rd best centerback was scouting out sites to hold the after party!

They sacked their manager and offered me an interview after I declared interested but I didn't actually apply for the position!

The then 3rd best centre back found out I always have a way of screwing someone over,he discovered he is now 5th choice centre back at the club :D 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

61ae95107cc801fab4a97261f00bfb0b.png

Atlanta United - MLS - Club Takeover - 2022

Club Background

e2c56a12b908d982b3e0c149b6a3638f.png

The Team

1f8061667f31397b11835c0d0b7a98f5.png

490d5ba045096775b138d449649c443a.png

Manager's Thoughts

Off the pitch things look good for facilities and coaching so that is a brilliant start.The players we have,things are a different story,we desperately need a DL as we only have two in the,we need a striker as our third choice is 37 which for me is far too old for my liking.Goalkeeper needs a complete overhaul as all the keepers are over 30 with the youngest being 33 so that is a high priority area.The other thing I need to look at is the depth for the MC and AMC Position as MC doesn't have many options while the best AMC's play in different roles at the club.

This job can also be consider a high pressured job as Atlanta United sacked their previous manager while they were in sixth place so I may need to hit the ground running.I will be kicking off my MLS career with a home tie against Charlotte so hopefully we can get off to a good start.

July 2022

Fixtures

ab36e1fd89646ecac76946fc7808be67.png

League Table

073666a7f0b7fd68653f1ca5ef949b11.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well the good news is that we have made a winning start to life in the MLS by winning both games which has kept us in 6th place but it is a playoff spot.On the downside,I despise the salary cap of £82k p.w,I didn't realise it included staff as well so I've trimmed that down,can't wait till next season when the salary cap goes up to £89k p.w,Think when January comes around,I'm going to need to build the squad from scratch and not make it such as mess as it's currently in.Certainly got a project on my hands.

We have a very quiet month in August as we play once.Our sole game is a home match against Columbus Crew,they are a similar position then us so if we can win that then will be a boost for us as it could move us up the table as well as increase our chances of a playoff spot.

League Changes

I knew I forgot to do something

7d4af284d35f54ced6a4eebc553f3beb.png

I should have mentioned this earlier but I forgot to,with Mexico now done,it will be removed with Australia added as they are the next highest of the available Asian (according to FM) nation on the game.

9 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

Jose Carlos looks excellent! The next R9? :brock: KUTGW mate!

I think we only got him because of the promised game time as he actually rejected Flamengo to join us!

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Wow - well done winning the Club World Cup!! Those are some absolutely insane results.

What tactics are you playing? 

Atlanta should be fun too.

Thanks!I think I had the advantage of starting my-pre season earlier so we had better fitness as the European sides would of only just started their pre-season.

The main tactic I am using is a 4-2-3-1 tiki-taka tactic with my secondary tactic being a 4-3-1-2 tiki-taka.

it started off fun but I am already cursing the impatience of my board!

August 2022

Fixture

71cde77c090f681a8363c9c4ca6bc751.png

League Table

161d3bbf054819dcf50be0d1290ef0ea.png

Manager's Thoughts

Not a lot to say about August,we won our only game against Columbus Crew but we were not convincing but the win was enough to see us move up to fifth place.Despite this,my board are a bunch of morons as my job security is listed as insecure despite the fact I've won all three matches I've played in.Only other things to note from August is the two transfers I've made who will be coming in February 2023.

September is our busiest month to date as we play four times,we will be facing off against DC United,Toronto FC,Orlando City and Chicago Fire.On paper it looks like we have two easier games and two harder games but I cannot afford any slip ups as the board are breathing down my neck.However,this has given us the perfect opportunity to close the gap on the teams above us so if we do well here then this could work in my favour going forward.

Edited by B.W.G

A reward for good behaviour!?

3a69e1c63091361c89483a4de23b1ccf.png

I haven't played in the MLS since FM10 or FM11 so I never knew about this (or I just don't remember) but I absolutely love this and it can be used three times for a single player which makes it better!

September 2022

Fixtures

58becd47f1329f50598345cf6aeb3936.png

League Table

b9e3fc7f332993371b1535ea5aa28d35.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a month that was as we won all four league games which saw us move up to third as we overtook New York City and Chicago Fire.A large part of this was down to Toni Martinez who was on fire in the last two games of the month as he netted seven times in those games and eight throughout September.I am a bitted gutted as 58 points is enough to be top of the Western Conference but here I am in the Eastern Conference sitting in third!

We have one more game to play in the league stage in October and that is against Vancouver Whitecaps,they're bottom of the Western Conference so I am confident that we can get a result against them and secure third place.The playoffs also start in October which is earlier than usual but that is because of the upcoming World Cup so we will get a longer rest period at the end of the season.

Youth Intake Day 2022

e923b14e8577abccb5bfb2e2b8df1c1b.png

Peter Payne

Manager's Thoughts

I've never seen such a small intake before,just the six players coming through.The only one who shows any promise is Peter Payne who could become a first team player with the right training so I do have some hopes for him as the right wing is a problem position as we don't actually have that many players (just two players) who can only play on the right wing as most of the players who can play on the right wing also play elsewhere so it's good to see potential strength in depth to come through in the AMR role.

October 2022

Fixtures

b38a7a9889fa85cb3fd06405991713a7.png

League Table

32754aa370afa22a3384a2f93fee7311.png

Manager's Thoughts

Eastern Conference Champions!!!!

We finished the league off with a 3-1 victory over a poor Vancouver Whitecaps side which guaranteed us third.We faced Columbus Crew in the playoff quarter final,despite the quite close scoreline,we should of beat them by more than just 4-2.We then had a ding dong battle with New York Red Bulls in the semi-finals,this could of been any score line as this was back and forth and definitely one for the neutrals.As for the Inter Miami match,it's quite simple really as we shouldn't of won it,Inter Miami failed to convert their chances and we managed to take it to penalties where we edged it 4-3 to claim the Eastern Conference title.

Just the one game in November and it's winner vs winner...it's Atlanta Utd vs Seattle Sounders in the MLS Cup.Considering I wasn't expecting to get here,we are going to go all out against the side who topped the Western Conference and won their playoffs.I know full well what they are capable of as I beat them as manager of Cruz Azul in the Champions Leauge.Time to see what will happen!

Edited by B.W.G

November 2022

MLS Cup

ed29105717becaf771baec2b08aad488.png

Champions of America!

This was a close game which was settle by who could finish their chances better,we even fell behind but came roaring back.The amount of relief I felt when we scored that penalty late on was satisfying as Seattle Sounders were fighting for an equalizer and we got the penalty on the counter attack.

This victory has also confirmed our participation the Champions League next season!

Atlanta United - MLS - End of Season - 2022

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Transfers - Released - Youth - Waived

The five players waived was me getting rid of some deadwood to help free up some budget for the first team as I haven't got room to waste due to the salary cap.The only transfer I was responsible for was Tudor as he gives us a bit of extra cover for DC and MC which I needed,he can also play as a DM if I ever need to use one.Everything else was the previous manager so I just played this season with the hand I was dealt.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

MLS - Winners (3rd place in Supporters Shield)

League Table

55964c77b12fa8bc28e055f047eb0d90.png

Considering I took over the club in July while we were in sixth place,this is an amazing achievement.We ended up finishing in 3rd in the league stage,we then beat Columbus Crew and New York Red Bulls to reach the final of the Eastern Conference.The final against Inter Miami turned out to be the toughest of the end of season matches as we just about edged them on penalties.We then played the Western Conference Champions Seattle Sounders in the MLS Cup,it was a back and forth match but a penalty from a counter attack won us the game and the trophy.I was only in charge for twelve games!

Champions League - Quarter Finals

Previous manager was in charge,they were knocked out in the quarter finals by Santos Laguna (5-4 on aggregate).

U.S. Open Cup - 5th Round

Previous manager guided to the 5th Round where they lost 2-1 to Columbus Crew.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards

dc71ae0f8d3efbcf183c9b17fd31bd85.png

8c7ef48632ad4afb946a8117b1cf9409.png

Toni Martinez

Emerson Hyndman

Josef Martinez

Franco Escobar

Miles Robinson

Manager's Thoughts

I really can't say that I was expecting to walk out with two trophies after only twelve games in charge this season but that is what happened,I will also admit that we should have lost in the Eastern Conference final as Inter Miami were the better team but by winning the MLS Cup,we have qualified for next years Champions League.That means this is where the hard work starts as I don't think I have a team that can go the distance yet and we have the toughest teams in Mexico to face in that competition so there is no easy way of saying this but we massively over achieved this season.I can only hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the ass next season.

For next season,I would love to say we will dominate everything and do so quite easily but that is me lying.Truth be told we need to rebuild the squad,all three keepers are 33 years old or older so that area needs to be looked at immediately,I will also need another DC as one of them is 34 years old so I need someone younger with a bit of pace so we don't get exposed as much.Other areas I need to look at are the full back positions as we don't have depth in them,the AMR position as I need a player younger than 30 for the role as Damm is now 30.One of three biggest earners is already leaving while I will look to sell Josef Martinez  as he is the biggest earner at the club and selling him will free up a international spot as well as a designated contract,I will look to get in a AML with his fee.Did I forget to mention I only have a £89k p.w salaray cap to work with next season while mentioning what I need to do!

Career

c9af630155787f2f6a70570fac2ce2f9.png

I thought your protégé  from Cruz Azul was joining you in Atlanta? Is he the replacement for Hyndman?

By winning the MLS Cup you will not get any good low cost players in the Draft...unless you traded for a Bottom team's Pick.

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I thought your protégé  from Cruz Azul was joining you in Atlanta? Is he the replacement for Hyndman?

By winning the MLS Cup you will not get any good low cost players in the Draft...unless you traded for a Bottom team's Pick.

Joins on the 15h February 2023 just in time for the new season.He is a replacement for Ezequiel Barco who joined Sassuolo on a free.

I may have forgot to trade and it was too late by the time the draft came around but at least I got one good pick who has the experience and quality to play.

Edited by B.W.G

7 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

Congrats on winning the MLS Cup mate! Excellent work :applause:

Thanks!

3 hours ago, abulezz said:

Robles is coming to Atlanta??

Can we see an updated shot of him. 

He's not coming to Atlanta.....he's already here :D 

45ca9390af5e1d88d6cc9c51d636a7f6.png

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Wait, how did you finish 3rd yet win the MLS? American football is so confusing.

The top eight of each conference do a playoff which is one match for each round (the higher seeded team gets home advantage).Whoever wins the Eastern and Western Conference playoffs then face each other in the MLS Cup and that determines who wins the MLS.

12 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

Thanks!

He's not coming to Atlanta.....he's already here :D 

45ca9390af5e1d88d6cc9c51d636a7f6.png

The top eight of each conference do a playoff which is one match for each round (the higher seeded team gets home advantage).Whoever wins the Eastern and Western Conference playoffs then face each other in the MLS Cup and that determines who wins the MLS.

On all that is holy - he is the second coming. 

Just now, abulezz said:

On all that is holy - he is the second coming. 

Going to be playing a lot this season as he is the first choice for the AMC role.He has also been trained in the MC role and ST role so I may train him in those as well.This transfer could also be good for Atlanta in the future.If they decide to cash in on him after I leave,there is no minimum fee release clause on him so the club should make quite a bit of money on him.

Atlanta Utd - MLS - Pre-Season - 2023

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth - Waived

Just the one player left the club and that was Barco who left to join Sassuolo on a free.Nine players joined the club,four were drafted in and put into our "2" Team.The other five players were to add depth to the team as I needed to make changes for the long term.Jung and Cervantes were bought in for the future but they should be more than good enough for the MLS if they meet their potential.£8.5 million for five players isn't too shabby as we still have £10 million left if we have to make any moves.

Pre-Season Fixtures

1e7d19e22d58408d655547b742d01870.png

Well that happened,I didn't see the club's "2" team to be the first one to inflict a defeat on me,I'll just put it down to rustiness as the players have not played since the start of November!For the other three games,I was generally impressed with what I have seen so I am confident we can do well in the upcoming season.

The Team

dd63ab75ee6ceca81d35d92e1cce8314.png

e12413dc4a1839f2b6f8993fdadb1c4f.png

Unregistered icon is just for the Champions League as they arrived too late to register for the competition!

Toni Martinez

Josef Martinez

George Bello

Eric Remedi

Javier Robles

Manager's Thoughts

That has been the longest and most troublesome pre-seasons I have ever had to deal with!I messed the drafts up as I didn't trade for a better spot in them as there were a few talented youngsters I missed out on which is really annoying.I did manager to add some depth to some areas,the average age of the my keepers as fallen as the second choice is now instead of 35 which is a step in the right direction.i still need to look at both fullkback positions,the left wing,central defence and a new first choice keeper who is much younger.I have still have good amounts of budget to use but the problem is the wage budget I have to stick to as well as the types of contract that have a limit on sych as the designsated contract and the international spots.

My aim for the new season is to meet the board expectations,the main ones being Challenge for the MLS which shouldn't be a problem,get to the semi-finals of the Champions League which shouldn't be too difficult but it depends on who we draw against.The board also expect me to get the most points from the two conferences as that is what is required for the Supporters Shield.I have got a contract till the end of 2024 so I have got a bit of time to work with on our quest for the Champions League.

February 2023

Fixtures

7015442144b25fb90567db5a722d9a4d.png

Manager's Thoughts

Only two competitive games in February and they came against Alajuelense in the Champions League,we comfortably won 6-1 on aggregate to move onto the quarter finals.In a case of deja vu for myself,Alajuelense were the first team I played in the Champions League last season when I won the competition with Cruz Azul!

March is just hell on Earth for us as we play nine times,seven in the MLS and two in the Champions League.In the league we open up our domestic campaign with games against New York City,New England Revolution,DC United,Cincinnati,Charlotte FC,Inter Miami and Philadelphia Union,my aim is to to finish the month somewhere near the top of the table as that should keep us challenging for the Supporter'S Shield.The Champions League sees us face more MLS opposition as we lock horns against Toronto,it will be two difficult games due to all the other games but I really want to end all Canadian hopes of the Champions League title.the only time a Canadian team can win the Champions League is when I eventually do it!

The Draft and winning MLS screwed up your chance to build some depth which is what is needed for the tournament runs.  Good to see you doing well though.

You might want to retrain a winger as a as a DL just to have coverage for depth and options.

March 2023

Fixtures

db60920ef9b9aab2866444a4f43c22cd.png

League Table

21243e3e514c6daf93e2903d0e149f5a.png

Manager's Thoughts

We've made and excellent start to our league campaign as we picked up seventeen points from twenty one as we sit at the top of the Eastern Conference,I've got no complaints with the two draws against Inter Miami and Philadelphia Union as they were fair results and those two teams were the two teams who finished above us in the Eastern Conference last season.For the Champions League,I was expecting a tight second leg match against Toronto after the 0-0 draw in the first leg,I definitely wasn't expecting to win the leg 8-1 but I am over the moon about reaching the semi-final as we are now USA's sole survivor!

April is another very busy month as we play ten times,eight in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we are facing Columbus Crew,Montreal Impact,Chicago Fire,New York Red Bulls (Twice!),Seattle Sounders,Nashville and San Jose Earthquakes,my aim is to be among the top teams come the end of the month but I am expecting to drop points due to the high amount of games and the constant squad rotation we will have to do.In the Champions League semi-final,we are facing CF Monterrey,we've met board expectations but this is the second hardest draw we could of got...why couldn't I have gotten Pumas de la UNAM!

1 minute ago, Hootieleece said:

The Draft and winning MLS screwed up your chance to build some depth which is what is needed for the tournament runs.  Good to see you doing well though.

You might want to retrain a winger as a as a DL just to have coverage for depth and options.

Best way to learn is by making mistakes,I might see if I can train someone in the DL position for the short term but I do have £4.1k p.w available for the salary cap so I could make a signing if it's the right one.I've been a bit tighter with the money than I usually am although I can't wait to play in a league with no restrictions :lol: 

A Date (or two) With Destiny!

b31b81e6d1ebe518c0325403a9ee2be7.png

I really can't say I was expecting to face Punas de la UNAM in the final of the CONCACAF Champions League.I was expecting to face the team they knocked outinstead,Pumas knocked out Cruz Azul 5-3 on aggregate,the more shocking thing is that Cruz Azul were leading 1-0 going into the second leg!

April 2023

Fixtures

d729d077526216e8e16becea041ad172.png

League Table

Thaf689f20d010bbeb708a383f571c3461f.png

Manager's Thoughts

That was nothing short of an excellent month as we got through it with a near perfect record.We picked up twenty two points from twenty four as we sit at the top of the Eastern Conference and the Supporters Shield,the only points we dropped were against Montreal Impact,I can't complain as they are having a really good season themselves and they full deserved the draw.The big news comes in the Champions League as we beat CF Monterrey 6-2 on aggregate in the semi-final,the first leg of the final saw us finish the match with one hand on the trophy as we beat Pumas de la UNAM 5-2 so I am over the moon with that!

May is a quieter month as we only play seven times,six are in the league and the other one is in the Champions League.We kick the month off with the Champions League final second leg,we are currently 5-2 up against Pumas de la UNAM so this means the tie is far from over and we will need to finish them off with a professional performance.In the league we will be facing Sporting Kansas City,Vancouver Whitecaps,Minnesota,Orlando City,Portland Timbers and New England Revolution,my only aim is to keep going like we have been,we should find things a bit easier with rotating players as there are less game so that means the players will be slightly fitter.

You might want to join Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver as those MLS teams are in Canada. I think that would qualify. 

With Montreal they like French players....LOL!

Edited by Hootieleece

9 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

You might want to join Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver as those MLS teams are in Canada. I think that would qualify. 

With Montreal they like French players....LOL!

It's one of the possibilities but I think I will still try to give it a go with a Candian Premier League team.If I've gotten nowhere close after 15 years then maybe I will have to look at one of the Candian MLS teams!

Montreal actually have an 18 year old French-Canadian player come through their system in this save by the name of Jean-Paul Blin,he has even made appearances for France's u19s!

There's no jobs at Candian teams available yet anyway so we're staying at Atlanta until one becomes available.

May 2023

Fixtures

8e61db3146f1153adaa485d42ec82764.png

League Table

5853947965fdabae499e2d2a72423ff7.png

Manager's Thoughts

The big news of the month was that we drew against Puma de la UNAM which meant we won the Champions League with a 7-4 aggregate win,this match will be remember for us twice taking the lead an immediately getting pegged back.We won every league game,thankfully we are amazing at scoring goals because we leaked a lot of goals as well,at least the fans got value for money while I wanted to tear my hair out.We are in pole position for the Supporters Shield as we have a sixteen point lead over Philadelphia Union,the highest Western Conference is Houston who are currently in 4th in the Supporters Shield.

After the rush of early season,things have gotten quiet all of a sudden as we play twice in June,one is in the league while the other is in the US Open Cup.In the league we face New York City which is a game I'm not bothered about as we are that far in front.In the US Open Cup we face Real Salt Lake,they currently sit in 2nd in the Western Conference (5th in Supporters Shield) so that is one of the toughest teams we could have faced,we will need to be at our best to get through and I hope we do as the board want us to reach the semi-finals at worse.

2 hours ago, SRL88 said:

Unbelievable work so far!

Excellent work in Mexico, and fantastic work in America also. I hope you enjoy the MLS off-season. That confused the hell out of me on FM20 :D 

Thanks!

The whole MLS system is confusing to me,I screwed up the drafts,screwed up a signing and I'm constantly struggling to keep things under the salary cap,the only thing I've managed to do right off the pitch is negotiating contracts :lol: 

June 2023

Fixtures

fe495abc576a75156be1166002d6e7d1.png

League Table

d7b214c16f36e8f889f12b3297a37233.png

Manager's Thoughts

We won the game I didn't care about as we beat bottom side New York City to qualify for the playoff stage.The game I cared about was the US Open Cup,we lost 1-0 to ten men against Real Salt Lake,to make this worse for me,this is actually my first competitive loss as Atlanta Utd's manager.

Two more league games in July,we are facing Toronto FC and DC United.we will be top of the Eastern Conference and the Supporters Shield table no matter what happens but I want to keep my unbeaten streak in the league going.Not going to resign just yet despite a job coming up in Canada as I want to at least do a year here,I will probably start to look for a Canadian job at the end of this season.

July 2023

Fixtures

d4523497c8e3f17287aba173cf8602d6.png

League Table

da3651a1217af8053a1cec1cb0092ae1.png

Manager's Thoughts

Two games,two wins and both wins were straight forward,DC United actually sacked their manager after the game against them.Not a lot to say as it was a quiet month fixture wise.

August is a busier month as we play four times in the league and one in the Campeones Cup.In the league we will be facing Inter Miami,Philadelphia Union,Montreal Impact and Chicago Fire,my only aim is to keep our form going as we have been brilliant in the league so far.In the Campeones Cup we will be facing my old club Cruz Azul,this will be a very tough match as I built a very strong squad with them,we will have to be at our best if we are to win that match.

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

That's awesome, nice touch! Do you get HoF points for this :lol:

Unfortunately it doesn't,it doesn't even show up that I managed them although it's in my milestones that I was the MLS All Star winner for 2023 so I know I was involved :lol:

2 hours ago, abulezz said:

I wonder what your Youth Intake is going to look like after that thorough and in-depth report. 

I see Robles got on the scoresheet against Portland!

I want to know if it will be smaller than the six players of last season!

Robles has been great so far this season,27 appearances,7 goals and 7 assists while averaging 7.15.

August 2023

Fixtures

b3dbb4c2490b076d7c5125f49392677f.png

League Table

7f970fd6023c0fd309786fd7677860b2.png

Manager's Thoughts

This month was done pre-full release.

The big news of the month was that I got one up on my old team,we really shouldn't of beaten Cruz Azul but we sneaked past with a very narrow win as we lifted the Campeones Cup.In the league,we were pretty inconsistent as we picked up seven points from twelve,the defeat to Philadelphia Union was gutting as it was my first defeat in the MLS.We have qualified for the semi-finals of the Eastern Conference playoffs so that is a plus for us.Also need to give some praise to Carlos who netted in every single game during the month,he now has the label "wonderkid",

We play four times in September and we will be facing Columbus Crew,Orlando City,Charlotte FC and Cincinnati.My only aim is to carry on my form as we have been brilliant so far.I will be finishing this season off before I start looking at Canadian team jobs.