[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

Youth Intake Preview

7bbd5a330a3729ea515f006f86f53973.png

So we have two wingers as the pick of the bunch according to the preview.I'm fine with that as I can train them as strikers for versatility reasons.If they want to be me to be optimistic about this group of young players then optimistic I will be.As for the yellow bits,I'm ignoring it as that part for me as been inaccurate for the majority of the time.The only time it has been accurate was in China and with Atlanta Utd when I was managing in the MLS!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dd0caae116312753909f8e5c1c94cbb3.png

Western Sydney Wanderers - A-League - Pre-Season - 2032/33

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth

The one thing I have noticed in similarity is to the MLS is the player who don't get registered usually end up leaving,in the MLS they get waived while in Australia the players usually comes forward and asks for mutual termination which is how we ended up with eight players getting "released".On the outgoings we loaned one player out for developmental reasons while Judas Ruthven joined our rivals Macarthur on a free.We actually bought in six players and not four like it shows but I put that down to the cut off date.The six players will all feature in the first team for the majority of the season and it cost us a grand total of £0 to bring in these six players!

Pre-Season Fixtures

Due to the weirdness of the season setup,no Australian team plays friendlies before they kick off in August in the FFA Cup.Instead there will be about two months of pre-season friendlies between October and December.

The Team

8fec0a273fe20df21b26b9c82f388452.png

3888be761ba3514e73ebb738526c063b.png

Wazir Malik

Josh Figueria

Jackson Higgins

Joe Frawley

Vic Arnison

Manager's Thoughts

I am going to address what I think is a bug in this league.If you look at Jackson Higgins,he is somehow on a youth contract at 20 years old and it expires in 2034.According to the rules,he should be on a full time contract earning at least £675 p.w.He isn't interested in signing a new deal as he wants a designated spot but I don not have any of those left.In reality I should release him he is one of my better players so I will be keeping him till 2034 when his contract expires!Saying that,looking at the league specific issues,the whole of Australian looks a mess in FM!

As for the season itself.I think we should be able to put in a strong showing and meet the boards expectations of a top two finish in the regular season.This is actually a pretty realistic goal as Melobourne Victory look very strong this season so they do deserve the favourites tag.I also want a strong showing in the FFA Cup and want to reach the semi-finals or finals as it is probably our best shot at silverware this season.We will also be in the Champions League this season,the board want us to get to the group stage while I want us to go one further and reach the second round for financial reasons.The finances itself are in the red which is problematic but there is literally no money in Australia,I think there was money in Canada,with the finances being what they are then there is no chance of faciltiy upgrades so that is the same position as last season.Time to give it everything we have!

Youth Intake 2032

63515885d141d92af4cd8353192ba41c.png

Ho Ka Ho

Thanos Bikos

Darren Cairncross

Alec Ryan

Conor Bray

Manager's Thoughts

For the level of football I am currently playing at,this is a really good intake as we have five players who should be able to have some impact on the first team with another two who can be kept as back up.We will definitely be signing the youngsters down to Brian Savor then I will let the assistant manager pick who to keep.I only have a couple of issues with this intake,the first being how many right sided midfielders do I need and the second is me disagreeing on who the top pick is as I disagree with y HoYD's choice of Alec Ryan (I'll put comparison chart of Alec and Thanos at the bottom of this post.)I will be giving some positional training to these youngsters,Ho KA Ho will have training in the DR position,Thanos will be retrained as a AMC while Alec Ryan will be trained in the AML role as I need to eventually cover some of the weaker areas and with only being able to have 23 players registered,I need as much versatliity as possible from the players.

Here's the comparison chart between Thano Bikos and Alec Ryan,I still think Thanos should of been the top prospect!

c3fd79a298e03391f2dc155480f6f73d.png

Westfield FFA Cup

August - December 2032

Fixtures

04f98bc5334c024913d4508ebf54e803.png

Tournament Tree (from 2nd Round onwards)

94938acf5fcf1420662991fd0a5dd40c.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am over the moon to have picked up my first bit of silverware with Western Sydney Wanderers as this was my hardest fight for a trophy I've had so far with exception to the first one.Even if you just look at the path ourselves and Brisbane Roar took to the final,I feel quite envious with the teams they had to face as I had to go through two derbies.Both derbies went into extra time and we literally scored in the last minute of extra time against Sydney to get through,I do have to give Macarthur some credit as they knocked out the League Champions in the second round.As you see Brisbane Roar played someone who isn't in the A-League to get to the final.

As for the final itself,we should have won by more than one goal but we won and that is all that matters,the goal scorer was surprising as it was my left back who got the winner but he does have a habit of popping up to score vital goals,you just need to go back a couple of games against Sydney to see the previous one!

Edited by B.W.G

December 2032

Fixtures

c5917f0520c4aa49fe9f0e66aeb35787.png

League Table

8e9e003dac869add6df2f82d813b73c8.png

Manager's Thoughts

We already know about my win in the FFA Cup which I am still really happy with.We played a few friendlies but I am not too bothered by the results as they were done to keep the sharpness of the players up going into the new season.We made a solid if unspectacular start to the season as we won both games which made us one of two teams to finish the month with a 100% record after two games,you're not misreading Syndey FC's goals either,they have actually scored 12 goals in 2 games and unsurprisingly are the other team to have won two games.

At the minute we have seven games in the league but I am not sure how that will turn out as the playoffs in the Asian Champions League also start and we will be in the East section of that.My aim for the month will be to be with the top teams in the league around of the top of the table and qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

Edited by B.W.G

January 2033

Fixtures

1de06da31f36b3336ac81faee8d2f250.png

League Table

8d92c7982b3d91ba265d263019a7cafd.png

Manager's Thoughts

Three wins,three draws and one loss from the seven games in January,the defence have let us down massively this month and I am placing the blame on them as they cost us points against Adelaide Utd and Newcastle Jets,I've got no problem with the score against Central Coast Mariners as the player who scored against us was the best player in the A-League and I use the term was as he has now moved to Real Salt Lake on transfer deadline day.The loss to Melbourne Victory was embarrassing but a 4-1 loss is till an improvement on the 4-0 loss we suffered against them the previous time.We're now down to fourth place and we are four points behind but we need to improve a lot or we could fall further behind.

February will bring us six games at the minute as we play five times in the league and one in the Champions League.In the league I want to see a massive improvement as the defence is to blame for the majority of point losses in January,I would also like us to see us make up some ground in the league as I need to finish in the top two as that is required by the board!In the Champions League we face Park in the play off,it's a one legged match and if we beat the Thai side then we will be in the group stage and that is what the board and I both want.

February 2033

Fixtures

0ff35c72c323669ca2fa237db576f6ea.png

Tables

ec3c4a4e6b6d1a1ae7562ab1bd028e62.png

ccf9fb1f7766f2323aaab05353c15cd3.png

Manager's Thoughts

That was a much better month as we won four out of five league games as we moved up to third place and we are only two points behind the leaders Melbourne Victory.Everything went well up until the last two league games,what you see happen is due to the limitations of only being able to register 23 players for a league campaign, of the 23 players registered,nine are defenders and we were missing six defenders due to injuries in both games!The fact we managed to win one of those games has left me over the moon as I was feeling pessimistic when I saw how many players were out.As for the Champions League,we easily dispatched of Park before we made a winning start against Ha Noi in the group stage.

We play six times in March,four in the league and two in the Champions League.Three of the four league games are against Mid-table sides while the other is against Melbourne City.I should have at least two of my defenders back in time for the first league game so that does give me some encouragment.As for the Champions League we travel to South Korea to play Pohang Steelers before faceing Chongqing Lifan,I think we were a tad bit unfortunate with the draw but it could of been much worse,I could have had Melbourne Victory's group while I would of preferred Perth Glory's group as I would of fancied my chances of qualifying for the knockout stage in that group!

March 2033

Fixtures

afe206aa1929b0c6dc497f524949253f.png

Tables

42e23686c85e2aba30020d0b0f0a4261.png

119a54018983795ac974e2ff3b32b603.png

Manager's Thoughts

Considering how the injuries are really doing my head in now,I am over the moon with how we have played throughout the month.In the league we picked up ten points from twelve as we moved up to first place and we have a three point gap,usually I would be concerned with how many goals we have conceded but due to injuries and suspensions,there always seems to be a different back four so it is taking a lot longer for the cohesion to come together at the back.In the Champions league I am stunned that we picked up four points from those two games as I had us down for two points at best,the win over Pohang Steelers saw our keeper Bergstrom pick up man of the match us as we were outplayed but still won!

Six more games in April and we will be playing four of those in the league and two in the Champions League.I would like to see us still be at the top of the league come the end of April but we have three very tough games in Melbourne Victory,Sydney and Brisbane Roar,those three games will completely shape the rest of our season,if we mess those three games up then it could be very costly in regards to my job!In the Champions League we face Ha Noi and Pohang Steelers,we should beat the Vietnamese side but Pohang will be difficult,if we can scrape a draw against them then that will guarantee us a top two finish if we beat Ha Noi.

April 2033

Fixtures

ec43a1239dc3e85a6d1ac9e18d3e1949.png

Tables

159f4455d97e02d069aa7726f3275be9.png

08cfc7578c2a7cc883deb5d34579670d.png

Manager's Thoughts

We really could not have had a better month than that as we won every game during April.In the league we picked up maximum points as we opened up a seven point gap at the top of the table,the win over Sydney was great as it was a derby victory for us but my favourite victory was against Melbourne Victory as we didn't concede four goals against them and we won!The Champions League left me speechless,we inevitably beat Ha Noi who are by far the weakest team,the Pohang Steelers game is what left me speechless as we beat them 6-0,I was not expecting that at all,this game also marked the first time this season that I have been able to field a full strength team!

We have five games in May,four in the league and one in the Champions League.If we can pick up six points from the four games then that should see us come in first place,we have some really tough games as we have to play Brisbane Roar and Sydney FC again but we also play Western Utd so six points is definitely possible.As for the Champions League,we play Chongqing Lifan,this game is a dead rubber for us as we are guaranteed first place in the group so I am not too bothered by what happens in this game,the only thing that would bother me is that we get thrashed.

Current Club vs Former Club

Champions League Draw

4decc4ffcc6357a7d9a0118a0b2c1198.png

We beat Perth Glory in the second round and we have no been awarded with this tie.If I have to have faced a former club then I'd rather it be FC Seoul than Shandong who are also in the quarter finals.

May 2033

Fixtures

3b6c13f0bc47bb5ead29ed9949d5bf98.png

League Table

33a5d7fc252f253f174e01924023baca.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a month that was as we picked up ten points from twelve which means we go into the grand finals as the Regular Stage champions in which we ended up winning the league by twelve points.With coming in first place,we will enter the Grand Finals at the semi-final stage and will play one of the elimination playoff winners,In the Champions League,we finished our group stage campaign off with a win,it was a really dull game settled by a penalty.We play fellow Aussie side Perth Glory in the 2nd round,the first leg saw atrocious finishing from both teams as it finished 0-0,the second leg was a demolition job as we beat them 5-0 to ensure we progressed.

We will be playing at least once in June as we play in the semi-finals of the Grand Final,I see no reason why we can't go on and win this thing.June could also play problems to the others team due to the weird date contracts end.The contracts end on the 31/5 so things are a bit weird,take Syndey FC for example,their first team now only has 20 players left as three left on a free transfer!I think the team to watch might actually be Perth Glory in the Grand Finals as they have a full list of players available.On that note,we have 21 players so I am fairly confident we will be okay and I have their replacements aready lined up and they will arrive in July.

June 2033

Fixtures

e7ebb71dc3a156218d8dfadbfe8a5e02.png

Grand Finals

fee55ed1e9661cf5a55ba9351f808d37.png

Manager's Thoughts

Morale of this story....always play to the end!

In both games,we really should of finished the opposition before even getting to injury time but we fluffed our chances in front of goal time after time.I am over the moon to have won the Grand Finals but boy did we make hard work of it.

End of season update to follow then onto the 2033/34 season!

Western Sydney Wanderers - A-League - End of Season - 2032/33

Transfers

To start off with,thirteen players were released on free transfers which is due to a mixture of players I decided to release and players who didn't get registered in the 23 man squad for the A-League.Two others also left the club,Ruthven decided to betray us and join our local rivals Macarthur,he is now blacklisted and will never ever rejoin the club,Naumov went out on loan for developmental reason as he does have a fair bit of potential.Five players (technically it was seven due to cut off dates) joined on free transfers,Prior was for midfield reinforcement while McNamara,Butler and Ndlovu were for strengthening the defence as that was our weakest area.Damien Smith joined us on a free after he left Newcastle Jets on a free,he is similar to Wazir Malik due to him being very good but being a case of big fish small pond so I had no problem in getting him to join us,He will be Bergstrom's long term replacement.

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3

Competitions

A-League

Regular Stage - Winners

5e313dd0dc11b9f489d0a2b51c4d75e7.png

Grand Finals - Winners

4f12be77f53d5352b7bd8572904f2a25.png

We ended up winning the regular stage by a decent margin but I thought it was going to be a lot closer after the way we started the season but the run towards the end of the season is what won us the regular stage as we went thirteen games unbeaten after losing 4-3 to Syndey in February.As for the Grand finals,we left it late both times as a injury time winner saw us get past Adelaide in the semi-finals.The final saw another injury time winner although this was injury time in extra time,I enjoyed this injury time winner a lot more as it was the final and it was against our rivals Sydney,what a way to win a final!

Asian Chamions League - Quarter Finals

Still ongoing as the Champions League will finish in November!

bd35e770353f50144229c436e615402b.png

It's not over yet but I can talk about we have done so far.We beat Park in the Preliminary Round which qualified us for the group stage.We then topped a group containing Pohang Steelers,Chongqing Lifan and Ha Noi with a 5-1-0 record.In the second Round we then beat Perth Glory 5-0 on aggregate with all five goals coming in the second leg.For the quarter finals,we will be facing one of my former clubs,I would rather face Seoul as that would be easier than facing Shandong Luneng.

Westfield FFA Cup - Winners

b4c371b5fb23e74cae01eae959cdea16.png

We beat Jimboomba Utd,Sydney FC,Central Coast Mariners and Macarthur enroute to the final.As for the final,I am happy we won but unhappy with the way we played as we completely dominated the match and we should of been out of sight by the time we actually scored.I was also not expecting Frawley to get the goal as he is my left back!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards

The Team

f4fa3259688577d0f29a1b6d7fda09c2.png

Maclay Bernardi

Wazir Malik

Josh Figueria

Jackson Higgins

Joe Frawley

Manager's Thoughts

What a season that was as we walked out of the season being the Regular Season winners and won the Grand Finals and FFA Cup as well,for the Grand Finals I have managed to beat my target as my aim was to win it next season but this means I can push up my plans for Success on the continent.I know we won't win it this season as we don't have the squad to do so but if I can get the right players then 2035 is when I should be able to fight for the Champions League title.I've already started making improvements to the team,the weakest are is still the defence and I will be bringing two defenders in July with a another one in December when he turns 18.this should give us a solid defence in the new season,we were quite leaky this season and that needs to be improved.I am also bringing in a winger who can play on both flanks but he will primarily be played on the left wing as we are also lacking in that area.

The finances are still looking shocking which shows there is no money in Asia despite our success on the domestic front as well as getting to the quarter finals of the Champions.This is a bit concerning as I would like to improve the facilities as I want to get the best out of our players as well as have better youngsters come through but without money that is literally impossible to do.Takeovers also seem to be rare with there has been eleven takeovers since the save started with two clubs not having one with my club being one of the two.We still have the second best setup in Australia so I can't complain about that as we are more likely to produce some of the best talent in Australia.

Career Stats

4f364af7dcb2f3deeae2eae4340d56f0.png

Asian Top Flight Improvements

After Australia,I still have five nations left in Asia,they are Indonesia,India,Malaysia,Singapore and Hong Kong.

At the top end of this are Indonesia and India,both of whom are now in the top 20 in Asia!This is actually pretty great as they are closing in on the 2* Leagues.Both of these when they were loaded were around the 25th mark.If they carry on improving like this then they could overtake Uzbekistan's Super League (currently 14th and the next highest top flight league).

4fac76761915cf1d642199076b31d1e5.png

This then brings us to the bottom three of Malaysia,Singapore and Hong Kong.All three of these were rated at 1* when they came into the save so they really were bottom tier leagues and the ones where I was expecting a lot of time in that country.So seeing this has come as a really big surprise.

9f3fdd73bec82155f489c2f696cad8e5.png

Both Hong Kong and Malaysia are now rated at 1.5* which is the same as Indonesia and India,although they are near the bottom of that list with there only being another Uzebkistan league below Syria.This is still a massive improvement and one I wasn't expecting.If they carry on improving like this then it may be possible for both league to break top 30!

As for Singapore,their top flight league is still rated at 1* and has now fallen to 39th so at this moment in time,Singapore would be my last stop before South America!

Western Sydney Wanderers - A-League - Pre-Season - 2033/34

Transfers - Released

Only two more players left as both McNamara and McKenna wanted mutal termination as they were not registered for the A-League this season as I bought in better defenders than those two.On the outgoings it shows we only let one player go out on loan but in truth we sold Nick Kennedy to Umm-Salal for £275k (possibly rising to £325k) but due to the cut off date,it won't show that.

It shows we only made four signings but we actually signed five players.The one not shown is Ale Gurovski who joined on a free after he refused a new deal at Macarthur.We bought in four plauers,Rossi and Hernandez  in for defence,we got Rossi ahead of Championship teams so that is a massive deal for us while Hernandez is a Venezuela international with four caps,I am hoping both will gve the defence a massive boost.Roberts will be a strarting winger as well,Mullen is the surprising one as I generally didn't think he'd sign for us,we got him on a free transfer after he left Dortmund and he is labelled as the net Miroslav Klose,he is a German-Australian but has u20 caps for Germany.

Pre-Season Fixtures

It's Australia so no friendlies till after the season has started!

The Team

48e4e12b79305c4d85d6eec290bf9cc6.png

b72b5eeb0bd4e26a1c938eb198668fbf.png

Liam Mullen

Hector Hernandez

Wazir Malik

Dylan Rossi

Kieran Roberts

Manager's Thoughts

Well I am set for the new season as I feel like we have strengthened considerably all over the pitch.Goalkeeper is a solid spot,the defence should be better than last season and we will have another defender joining in December when he turns 18.The Midfield has seen the wings strengthened a lot,the second MC position I have not found anyone as of yet and I think it will be next season that will get strengthen if the player I am looking at doesn't sign a new contract at his club.The striker position was one I wasn't going to strengthen but Figueria started moaning about wanting to join a bigger club,I took a risk on Mullen as I generally didn't think I'd get him as Benfica had a minor interest in him but he joined and he should be a monster at this level.

For this season,I want to solidify the position from last season as I want us to become a domestic juggernaut like I was at Cavalry in Canada.We are heavy favourites and I want us to show everyone why we are.As for the Champions League,despite the new signings,I still feel this season is too soon to be winning as Seoul and Shandong are still too strong for us although I do feel we have closed the gap obn Seoul.I think 2035 is when we can seriously challenge for the Champions League title with 2034 being used for further development.I don't see the point in talking about finances and facilities any more as unless I get a chairman who invests heavuly then nothing will change on that front.Time to get this show on the road!

Asian Champions League

Quarter-Finals

f82e894d38ee96a0ed6882bf003a5f5c.png

What the hell has just happened in the Champions League!!?

We lost the first leg 4-2,we were reduced to ten men after ten minutes and things never really looked good after that despite Mullens brace,the second leg was a bit more back and forth and it looked like we were going out until a late (who would have guessed) penalty in the 89th minute was converted by Mullen as we snuck threw on away goals.

This wasn't the only surprise as Esteghlal beat Al-Nassr,the Iranian side have never been past the second round since the save started!There was no surprises in the Al-Ahli game as the better team won the tie.The big surprise was Suwon Bluewings kocking out Shandong Luneng on away goalsThe semi-final ties are Estehlal vs Suwon Bluewings and Ourselves against Al-Ahli,first leg will be played at the end of September.

Youth Intake 2033

546a1903d7e8c568c53cae4804c873fb.png

Matteo Marinelli

Alessio Chiodo

Riccardo Mereu

Lei Wang

Alex Andrews

Manager's Thoughts

The preview said it was a mediocre group of players but I think it has been pretty good as we have five players who could easily feature in the first team at some point.This intake was also really big as it had eighteen players,the ones above are the top nine so even the ones below Alex Andrews could play a part if the fulfuill their potential.The other intresting thing about this intake was the amount of different nations coming through,you can see we had someone from the Philippines,we also had players from New Zealand,Lebanon,Egypt and Malaysia!

This was a solid intake so it will be up to me to set up the individual training regimes to get them to their potential,Marinelli is the one I am most excited for as the MC position is actually my weakest area in the first team now so him coming through now is a blessing!

Asian Champions League

Semi-Finals

2398b87d6dc655d2f44ed1ca120d6e39.png

I am a bit gutted to go out like we did,0-0 in the first leg was fair as it was even game but we completely battered them in the home leg and it ends up 1-1,it's really annoying but it was a brilliant first attempt at going for the Champions League.

There's always next year!

1 minute ago, Hootieleece said:

Just remember any Saudi Team is going to be an All-Star Team...

Normally they are but they haven't really hit those normal heights in this save.Al-Hilal were the last Saudi Team to win Champions League back in 2023,I would love to see Al-Ahli win just because Suwon were my fierce rivals at Seoul :D 

Westfield FFA Cup 

July - November 2033

Fixtures

c90a680aa328c0a8be9bfc5f035d38af.png

Cup Tree

From the 2nd Round onwards

d7511c07caf0195a1f1f849dd62c7778.png

From the first round to the semi-final was a complete walk in the park and that includes the Sydney Derby against Sydney FC.The final on the other hand was a fight I was not expecting as they had struggled to beat Gold Coast Knights of all teams in the semi-final,they gave us everything they had but in the end our quality shone through as we won 2-1 to make it two in a row in the FFA Cup.

December 2033

Fixtures

80408cbf760578f3b0f504ac4250b8e2.png

League Table

4a9daae491272e558d1b7457b27017a6.png

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect start for us as we won two out of two,scored seven and didn't even concede.I really couldn't of asked for a better start.

Things will start to get a bit more hectic in January as we play seven times in twenty four days.We do have a strong team to deal with that in normal circumstances but at this moment in time we are missing five players due to Australia u23's involvement in the u23 Asian Nations Cup so I am expecting us to drop points at some point in January.

The Agent with no clue!

68f58b149adc1b61d030e6205543edb7.png

I am trying to sign a player of a free who plays in the role of MC,he wants to become a regular when there is room in the team in place of Mathew Pheasey who is a DC.The agent has also made this non-negotiable so I can't get rid of it.....think the agent needs to check the team out more!

Asian Champions League Group Stage Draw

2f473d3082f8ccf299743595ad80e260.png

The only way they could have made this group any harder is if they replaced Jeonuk with FC Seoul or Suwon Bluewings.It was inevitable I would face Shandong Luneng at some point but did it really have to be in the group stage.To turn the pressure up,the boards expectations for this years Champions League is getting to the quarter finals!

To whoever made this draw.....**** You!

January 2034

Fixtures

afc945744649ab8c73f672d7f10ef0b9.png

League Table

756cf38ac19d5ad96c5384b77ce40856.png

Manager's Thoughts

Six wins and a draw from seven games has seen us make a flying start to the season as we have opened up a eight point gap at the top of the table.I do feel bad for a couple of teams as both Melbourne Victory and Brisbane Roar didn't deserve to concede four as they both played well,we just finished better,Melbourne Victory can feel even more aggrieved as they hit the woodwork three times.It looks like look was on our side in January.

February will see us play seven more times,five in the league and two in the Champions League.If we can keep our form going in the league then that will be fantastic,we do have the Sydney derby coming up so that could be a tense affair as they sit in second place.For the Champions League,we could not have asked for a harder start as are away to to Shandong Luneng in the first game before playing Jeonbuk at home in the second game.If we are to qualify from the group then we will have to beat Jeonbuk as I think Shandong are far too strong for us.

February 2034

Fixtures

0069340d8191d00399c6c9e582cef237.png

Tables

10acad45f429c97bdf6ec73243a9530b.png

7f977112e6eb73bc0d9d2ccc3d84fc22.png

Manager's Thoughts

We were brought back down to earth as our flying start came to halt in February as we won three our of five,Adelaide Utd are slowly becoming a pain for me as we have dropped points three times this season and they have been two of the three occaisions.The other loss was to Sydney,we played well but messed everything up in attack as we really should of picked up a point in that game,the gap is now down to two points so it will be tense in the next few games.The Champions League went as I expected a loss to Shandong and we beat jeonbuk,Shandong were too strong for us but I wasn't expecting to batter Jeonbuk like we did as I was expecting a close match,

We play five games in March,four in the league and one in the Champions League.There shouldn't really be any problem in the league as we play one game against a mid-table team and the other three games are against teams around the bottom so I want maximum points in March.For the Champions League we are platying Buriram Utd,they shouldn't be a problem for us so I expect us to pick a win up as that will be helpful in the long run.

March 2034

Fixtures

c28e2036742b43b693ad60fdbb61f72c.png

Tables

916409b0bc0be23cc2a9592976c18533.png

1afa8105eb718731ab0c85a4517ead6e.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a solid month in the league as we picked up ten points from twelve as we opened up a five point lead over Sydney,the only points we dropped came in the West Sydney Derby against Macarthur but we got one over them on sixteen days later.Our Champions League group has seen a plot twist,we bet Buriram in our game but the game between Shandong and Jeonbuk finished 1-1 which has completely opened up the group with three games to go.

April brings us six more games,four in the league and two in the Champions League.There isn't a highlight fixture of the month,there is two highlight fixtures of the month as we play Sydney twice,with there only being five points in between the two sides,both games are really important as we can cement top spot if we win bit games.The Champions League is equally important the Syndey games as we face Shandong and Jeonbuk,both games will be tough but if we can snatch four points from these two games then I will be thrilled with that as that will put us in a solid position to qualify from the group.

April 2034

Fixtures

793cd5b26ee39957b8df71c691bc3c39.png

Tables

228b7b907908c2efb5c767f09fa49868.png

fc66504dc09a9a7fc3e58438108f41e1.png

Manager's Thoughts

We won three out of the four games which has left us sitting seven points clear at the top of the table which is great,obviously I am annoyed we lost to Sydney in the first game of the month but we got revenge on them in a thrilling 4-3 vicotry,my happiness increased on the last day of the month as Sydney dropped points to Perth Glory in a 0-0 draw.I also made a mistake in the Champions League,I thought we were playing Jeonbuk during April but we played Buriram,we won both games in April which included a back to the walls 1-0 victory against Shandong,I cannot give my defence and keeper enough praise for their performances.

Five more games in May,four in the league and one in the Champions League.From the four games in the league,I think four points will be enough to make us the winners of the regular stage,we should be able to do that as we do have games against Brisbane Roar and Macarthur during May so may aim is to finish at the top.In the Champions League we finish our group campaign with a trip to South Korea to face Jeonbuk,I would like us to get a point at worse as 13 points should see us through to the next round as the top six second placed teams go through to the next round,I would love a win more as we get a bigger fee for winning,I think it is possible to win as their defence is quite leaky and we should be able to expose that.

Champions League Quarter Final Draw

1805758c76f39252e592ba2ecd1b3530.png

That is a very tough draw as Suwon won the competition last season,I think we are better now than we are last season so we could shock them but at least I have met the boards expectations getting to this stage.Whoever wins this will face Al-Ahli or Al-Ittihad in the semi-finals so a potential rematch against Al-Ahli could be on the cards.

May 2034

Fixtures

231b245fc6213d8a7dde5c14b9445bfc.png

League Table

99880f8fe35fff41d4a3f64510f1f9c6.png

Manager's Thoughts

We won three out of the four league games which secured us first place at the regular stage,I do have to comment about the loss to Adelaide as they have become our kryptonite as we failed to beat them in the regular stage!No problems with the attacking side of things in the other three matches although the defence did not cover themselves in glory.For the Champions League,I can't say anyone (even myself) was expecting to finish the group stage off like we did,we went to South Korea and beat Jeonbuk 8-3 to top the group.In the second round we beat Al-Hilal 8-3 on aggrgate,the first leg was sensation while the second leg made me want to throttle my defence as Al-Hilal scored three goals from five shots!

We're heading into June which brings us the Grand Finals for the A-League,we enter at the semi-final stage which is a bit of a relief as with the World Cup being on,we're missing seven players for Australia,New Zeland and Uzbekistan so that is really annoying,I will give it my best and hoepfully we will come out on top.

June 2034

Fixtures

e4115c1c6d6005092cb42fcc9954c675.png

Grand FInals Tournament Tree

5384aee739183eec5c03778889948dac.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am over the moon to have won this as were down to sixteen players available due to the ongoing World Cup which is actually being hosted in Japan!Three goals in a six minute spell put us on our way to victory even if we did concede twice late on.The final was abysmal as both sides were terrible,a penalty from third choice striker Levin netted us the win and some more silverware,Also in this section of the season,Welling Phoenix became my second favourite team in Australia as they knocked out Adelaide Utd so I was really happy to see my kryptonite go out!

End of Season update to follow then onto next season we go but there will be an interesting update in one of the Asian Countries to follow as there has been an interesting development in one country that isn't occurring in the other four remaining countries!

Western Sydney Wanderers - A-League - End of Season - 2033/34

Transfers - Released

Four players were released all of them were mutual terminations as they were not part of the twenty three man squad.Four players left on loan,all of the loans were done for developmental reasons with Thanos being the highlight as he came through in the 2032 intake.Millar was sold as he annoyed me too much and his conduct was poor,we got more for him then what he was worth so I have no problems with the sale as he is someone else's problem now.We bought in six players for a combined fee of £550k,all the players are in the first team so we have strengthened a lot,I bought in Jo'raev on a free as a replacement for Millar.

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3

Competitions

A-League (Regular) - Winners

A-League (Grand Final) - Winners

67f1134b1d757cd2dd34944feb09c268.png

1fb00e059c6bc3738d8109b4050bba1a.png

The regular stage was closer than last season as we won it by seven points,this is despite having a stronger team in which we actually scored more and conceded less and somehow finished on the same points,Adelaide United were the bane of my existence as they took points off us in three of the six games we dropped points in!In the Grand finals we won an exciting game against Melbourne Victory in the semi-final before we beat Syndey in an abysmal game in the final which made it two in a row for us.

Champions League 

2033 - Semi-finals

2034 - Quarter-Finals (Ongoing)

f5fee6be54e3a363bb3c538f45c0337e.png

For the 2033 Asian Champions League campign,we made it to the semi-finals where we lost to Al-Ahli (KSA) on away goals,it was quite annoying as we were the better team overall but we squandered too many chances in the second leg.

For this season,we entered at the group stage and surprisingly we topped a group containing Shandong Luneng,Jeonbuk Hyundai and Buriram Utd with a record of 5-0-1 win which included a back to the walls 1-0 victory over Shandong and sensational 6-2 and 8-3 victories over Jeonbuk!In the second round we played Saudi Arabian opposition in Al-Hilal,we won 8-3 on aggregate to move onto the quarter finals.The quarter finals sees us with a really tough draw as we face the 2033 winners Suwon Bluewings,the quarter finals also sees my two old clubs go at it in what should be a interesting match up.

Westfield FFA Cup - Winners

d4549c62bfa55efee4efbe8e88a71d0f.png

The run to the final was really simple as we gave beatings to Western Utd (5-1),Eastern Suburbs (12-0),Sydney FC (4-1) and Melbourne City (4-1).The final against Adelaide Utd was a very tight affair but we snuck out with a 2-1 win to clinch the FFA Cup,never did I think that this was the last time I won against Adelaide Utd as they my kryptonite after this!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards

The Team

ec8adb96458a0b66364837482699bf09.png

Kieran Roberts

Mathew Pheasey

Liam Mullen

Maclay Bernardi

Wazir Malik

Manager's Thoughts

We achieved what I want us to do and win everything on the domestic front so I am very pleased with that,the Champions League saw a very impressive first campaign in reaching the semi-final and we are currently in the quarter finals for this season so that is brilliant news for us,I doubt this will increase the ranking of the A-League but it is great to see one A-League team doing well as no A-League team has won the Champions League since the save begun.We are in a better position financially as we currently have £1.3 million in the bank which is mainly down to selling Millar earlier on in the year,even though we are better financially,it still isn't enough to ask the board for upgrades as I think we need £5 million + in the bank just so we can stay a bit more secure after having upgrades approved.

For next season,I want more of the same in domestic football as the more we are successful,the more likely the average attendance will rise and that means more money coming into the club.For the Champions League,I am not expecting to win the 2034 edition as I my plan was to use this to gain more experience then go for the 2035 Champions League title as I think that is the more likely one to win.Squad wise I am really happy with what we have,the only two areas I need to look at for the long term is the left wing position while the goalkeeper situation has the long term replacement now better than Bergstron so I'm happy with that.Onto next season we go!

Career Stats

078035c56ca1a1a3395ee22f81a338dd.png

Malaysia Update

The first interesting thing about Malaysia is that their top flight league  is now at 25th from 31st place and has overtook Hong Kong who stayed in 28th.

I've noticed a few things which don't seem to be normal so I listed how things are now and how things were at the start of the save to see the improvements,it doesn't look a lot now but Malaysia has only been loaded for three seasons of this save so to see improvements in teams this quickly is interesting to see.

I've even put a second tier team in the list as their facilities are the best in Malaysia

c0978f5f63b5050a71df57f1394829c7.png

To put this into context,Hong Kong (loaded for two season) and India (loaded for six seasons) have not seen any club make an improvement.Indonesia (loaded for ten seasons!) has one club who have made a training faciltiy improvement.

Singapore (loaded for five seasons) could be another one to keep an eye out for as DPMM have made two upgrades to both Training and Youth facilities while Young Lions have made three upgrades to training and youth facilities.

Youth Intake Preview

03828c389ea1524285df6f0671defe85.png

It looks like a great intake but it doesn't actually tell me what to expect from this intake so I have no idea if it's a mediocre group or a golden generation but with all the green writing,I think I will be cautiously optimistic.

Western Sydney Wanderers - A-League - Pre-Season - 2034/35

Transfers - Released

Only one player was released,Prior was released as he wasn't registered for the upcoming season as he had reached his cap and he has lower potential then other players as well as only being suitable for one role were the reasons for him ending up being released.On the outgoing side of things,five players have been confirmed to be out on loan at the minute,Thanos Bikos is the most high profile loan as he is at A-League side Melbourne Victory..Only one player was bought in and it was an AML which has been one of the problems in the team,he's a Colombia u21 international and was a first team regular at Once Caldas so I am a bit surprised he was available on a free transfer.

Pre-Season Fixtures

No fixtures to note as most of our pre-season games come between games in the FFA Cup and Champions League.

The Team

7fb1de1b464601786a86d5e9cac7c971.png

18434a04a5ff30d270257649bbea6747.png

Key Players

Kieran Roberts

Mathew Pheasey

Liam Mullen

David Najera

Jackson Higgins

Manager's Thoughts

I can safely say at this point in time,I am in a similar position to what I was in with Cavalry in Canada,I know and I am expecting us to do well on the domestic front as we have the strongest team according to the media and we make up over half of the media dream XI,I also want us to retain all three domestic trophies this season,what makes it like my time in Canada is with going for the Champions League title,we have a decent team which could possibly challenge in the latter stages but I don't think we are quite at the level of Suwon and Shandong which is why I was targettng the 2035 Champions League title as I think this season could be too soon so with an extra year to develop,I think we could win it next year.

Surprisingly the finances are looking solid as we have £2.7 million in the bank which is a massive improvement on where we were last season which actually saw us in debt!Not sure if I have enough to upgrade the facilities but I will be asking about Junior Coaching as that is the weakest area in the team as we can't ask for youth recruitment as that is maxed out.If I can get Junior Coaching to an Exceptional level then it would be a no brained to ask for youth facilities as developing players using the youth system is part of the club's vision.Time to see if we can make this season a three-peat in the A-League!

Champions League Quarter-Finals

45eff02e84a2c4e0365c48f01833e516.png

Well that is a surprise as we only went and knocked out the reigning Champions from the competition.We put in a solid performance in the first leg as we won 3-1 which saw us solid both in defence and attack,the second leg descended into a blood bath as there was 36 fouls,11 yellow cards and a red card in the 1-1 draw,the red card would inevitably go to one of my players in the first half!The highlight tie for me would my old clubs face each other in which Shandong would run out 5-2 aggregate winners.

The semi-final draw looks like this

dd9a3eb9fbdc5ba107284c9a4b5db818.png

It's a rematch of last years semi-final tie for us,bring it on!

Youth Intake 2034

0fb263aeb1f031c44a0d4bbc9cf6ed4b.png

Tran Minh Hieu

Sunny Lawrence

Le Van Long

Muhamed Abdul Karim

Stuart Turner

Manager's Thoughts

A very interesting intake in which if you told me previously that only two of my top five in the intake would have Australian as their primary nationality than I would of laughed at you.I have really high hopes for Tran Minh Hieu,looking at his roles I may end up training him in both DC and MC just so he is more versatile as that would put him as a key pick when it comes to the twenty three man squad.The other four have more than enough ability to become squad players and all four can cover more than one role which is great.As for the others,I will let the assistant manager decide to keep them or not but the top five are definitely being kept.

Champions League Semi-Finals

9bb606ce25801b8909e393b672ad00d8.png

We did it,we got revenge over Al-Ahli as we knocked out the Saudi Arabian side 3-1 on aggregate,I think the pivotal point of the tie was in the first half of the first leg as Al-Ahli were reduced to ten men after a straight red card and we then fully capitalized on our advantage.The loss in the second leg was a load of rubbish,he was offside when he scored and it was noted that the ref had bias towards Al-Ahli,I can't fault our players as they did well but the officials should have done better.

We now go into the final and we will be facing my old side Shandong Luneng,the final is a two legged tie and our record stands at one win for us and one win for them as we faced each other in the group stage.This is going to be a three hour battle!

Champions League Final 2034

First Leg

9f2486e706693ad057ac760d14bf6318.png

Solid performance all around,I was expecting a nervy finish when Flynn pulled one back but I was surprised when Ruiz scored a minute later,this was Ruiz's first goal for the club as he is only registered for the Asian Champions League as he isn't the 23 man squad for the A-League.

Second Leg

5dadf558fb31a8b898f3ed391d6f95f3.png

We were on the back foot for the most part of the goal,I had accepted defeat when Shoutao finished his hat-trick off in the 81st minute,we got a penalty two minutes later which Mullen scored!We held them off for the rest of the game as we clinched the Champions League on away goals!

Edited by B.W.G

Westfield FFA Cup

August - December 2034

Fixtures

c6aaa804c8777788a30d625ffa0f2a64.png

Tournament Tree (from 2nd Round onwards)

0b4162a903fb0faf324573cf1f9fc1a4.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am over the moon with clinching another FFA Cup but let's be honest,the run to the final with exception to Sydney was hardly challenging!Sydney were the only A-League side we faced and we had advantage over them as more of our players had match fitness and were much sharper than them hence the scoreline.The only challenging match came in the final where we beat Melbourne Victory 4-2 in the final,their manager Kenny Miller really hates me and the success I've had at Western Sydney Wanderers,just shows I am a better manager than him!

I will be staying in Australia a bit longer despite winning the Champion League,this is mainly down to the Asian League reputations showing their changes at the end of December so I'd rather wait and see if there are any changes that will affect where we will be going next which is currently Indonesia.

Asian League Reputation (Showing top flight leagues only)

9be13e2eac95bcd5d6ad7ae1477b1986.png

So there was no change in regards to Indonesia so that will be my next stop when there is a job available.Great to see India move back up to 18th,not so great to see Malaysia and Hong Kong drop some spots.Singapore's S-League has moved up to 35th from 37th.

December 2034/January 2035

Fixtures

b6c9e10b1cd61282b107f64dd47821ba.png

League Table

be158f28b8ecc77abf92aec2dfe46e1b.png

Manager's Thoughts

This was the best start we could of made as we won every game we played.we are currently second place but that is because we have played three games less due to players being called up for the Asian Cup.The fact we have done this while missing five first team players makes our start to the season even all the sweeter.

February brings us six more league games although this will more than likely change due to our participation in the Champions League.My aim for the month is to close the gap and possibly overtake Sydney in the league while we get off to a positive start in the Champions League.

February 2035

Fixtures

5af4cd404bd23dc36f691366ee4dd110.png

League Table

96b55f00ee3b10c72830d46b51a83265.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a solid month as we won four of the six and picked up thirteen points from eighteen,we currently sit in second place behind our rivals Sydney but we are only three points behind them while we have two games in hand on them so I am pleased with that despite losing to Sydney during the month.We kicked off our Champions League campaign with a 6-0 win over Kitchee SC,they can count themselves fortunate that it was only six as we dominated them from start to finish.

We play eight more times in March,six in the league and two in the Champions League.FOr our league fitures,Adelaide Utd is the highest placed team we face and I do want some revenge on them as we struggled against them last season.The Championd League will see us play Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors and Yadanarbon,the games against Jeonbuk produced two thrilling matches,I want a more plain sailing match this time around as the last two games against them have produced nineteen goals.We should beat Yadanarbon as we are a much stronger team then out opoosition who will probably be fighting against Kitchee SC to avoid bottom place.

March 2035

Fixtures

d2299a317733ef7d07d19fd6644c71c1.png

League Table

c9d48ce03df58fced2c7ab54afa7e123.png

Manager's Thoughts

First up we ended up having two games rearranged due to international call ups which is annoying as that is a massive fixture pile up in the closing months.For March,we picked up ten points from four games which is a good return as we now sit two points behind Sydney and we have a game in hand so that is a small advantage for us if we can win that game,we drew against Brisbane Roar which was annoying but it was our own fault as we squandered too many chances.In the Champions League we won both games with ease as we cemented ourselves at the top of the group.

We play seven times in April,five in the league and two in the Champions League.I want us to win all five games which is definitely possible as that will really turn the pressure up on Sydney,I've just got to make sure I outscore all the opposition as we are really good at scoring goals.In the Championds Leauge we are facing Jeonbuk Hyundai and Kitchee SC,this is actually quite simple as if we win both games then we are through to the next stage with a game to spare.The other to note about April is that the Indonesian season starts so that is one to keep an eye out for as that is my next destination.

April 2035

Fixtures

a7cba6c270b13ab1b6e46f5d1013c5b8.png

League Table

8f41443b6c059d898688bbcd3cb4739e.png

Manager's Thoughts

We were a bit inconsistent in the league as we won three and lost two in the league during March,this has left us three points behind Sydney but we do have a game in hand,both games showed the same problems in which we were terrible in front of goal and made stupid mistakes at the back,I am just lucky that Dick Rooney and Melbourne Victory did us a massive favour and beat Syndey 4-1 with Rooney netting all four.The Champions League saw us win both games as we qualified for the next stage so no problems there.

May brings us five games but I will play our game in June as well to make it six games which ends the regular stage.I need to win all six games if we are to get the regular stage title,in those six games we are paying Sydney twice,I don't even have to say how big those games are as whoever wins both of those games will win the regular stage.In the Champions League we are facing Yadanarbon to finish off our group campaign,this is a dead rubber so I am not bothered by it as we are guaranteed to finish top.

An interesting twist in the save!

7faad758d09dc59304ebd7f39057e082.png

The interesting twist in this save is actually to do with the very first tie in the quarter final draw,an Indonesian team has actually made the quarter finals of the Champions League.This is actually massive as that could possibly push Indonesia into the 2* League rating as they have been doing better than some of the other nations around them.

I doubt I will be at Western Sydney Wanderers when these games are played but the club are into the quarter finals so that is a plus in the quest to defend the title.

May-June 2035

Fixtures

4f07aca60f3acd402f7ff1bee23a2ef2.png

League Table

59669d5ada8e1e7e5b3f8abfec38f3d1.png

Manager's Thoughts

We won four out of five league games which was enough to secure the Regular Stage title by a five point margin over Melbourne Victory,we secured first place in the second derby against Sydney which is the best way possible to secure first,the loss to Melbourne City was annoying but they were more clinical in front of goal.The Champions League went great in May as we finished the group stage off with a fantastic win over Yadanarbon then we went and knocked out Qatari giants Al-Sadd in the second round with a 6-1 victory to move onto the quarter finals.A job did come up in Indonesia but I was too late to notice and someone else got it,no point in moving now as we only have one or two games to play.

The rest of June brings us the Grand Finals in which we will either play one or two games due to us entering at the semi-final stage,the board want us to win the Grand Final so that is what I will want to do as I want to finish my time in Australia on a high.