[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

bd1ff30fd1802d2c33d14e54cf5e1fed.png

Persita Tangerang - Liga Super Indonesia - Pre-Season - 2038

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth

It's been a very quiet transfer window so far as we have made three signings and saw a grand total of zero leave the club!One of the main problems was the goalkeeper role and we have signed Indra Alaydryus,he is the same age as my now number two keeper but he is better in terms of ability,we actually got him cheap as he was in his last year of his contract.Agus Setiawan was the other player I wanted to sign as he is a MR which is a weaker area.I had no intention of signing another defender but when a player of Suhendra's quality becomes available then you do everything in your power to sign him and we got him ahead of Persib Bandung.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Due to an early start to the season,no one was interested in playing friendlies in February.

The Team

87de66faeaf0f0c233a29024b61f0c47.png

9b8a4a46c23d2b84a3bb87d7b9e90f27.png

Muhammad Dio

Huseyn Qarimov

Ardy Siahaan

Tony Suhendra

Pedro Saldias

Manager's Thoughts

Well this is the first time I can say in a journeyman save that this pre-season was uneventful as not a lot has happed,only three players came into the club as I want to try and retain the league title this season,this is possible as we are predicted to finish third behind Persib Bandung and Persebaya Surabaya,the odds are a lot closer this season than they were last season so I am confident we can mount a challege.As you can see from my team screen shots,Irwin Rasyid,Indra Ramadhan,Bagus Wibowo have all been called up to the first team for this season.Meng Khoon has also been called up for this season and truth be told I wanted him in the first team last season but he didn't get Indonesian nationality till October which was after registration period but he will be fighting with Jaya for the number two spot as a striker.

I've kept things tight regarding the finances as we have transfer and wage budget available if we need to make any transfers for one reason or another,we have £168k in the bank which isn't enough for any upgrades as of yet but if we can keep succeeding then that will increase in the future.The finances for the finishing places in the league has increased,first place now gets £431k which is a £30k increase on last season,that is actually more than I got winning the A-League in Australia.I've got no expectations for the Champions League but would love to get to the Knockout stages again and that is possible as we have a weaker group than last season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

February 2038

Fixture

51fd3d1fe9a075f8f7514bd0fb51c522.png

Table

eb6479dcb929eced4d9b22a818165c93.png

Manager's Thoughts

Just the one game and it wasn't too difficult as we ran out 3-1 winners despite having four players banned for this game from last season.I was a bit annoyed at not keeping a clean sheet after conceding in injury time but a win is a win and that is all that matters.

March brings us three competitive games,two in the Champions League and one in the Community Shield.In the Champions League we are facing Adelaide at home before travelling to China to face Guangzhou Evergrande,I generally think the Adelaide game is the tougher of the two games as the Chinese didn't impress me in the slightest in their 3-1 defeat.I think we should be able to pick up draws in both games but we can't afford to make any stupid mistakes.The Community Shield will give us our first chance of earning silverware this season and we are against Persib Bandung so it will be a very tough game,I am hoping that having more match sharpess will help us as they don't have Champions League games to keep their fitness up after being knocked out.

Youth Intake 2038

b4bfa6f759ec918e330d496d9117a10c.png

Sam Thomas

Edy Jauhari

Bambang Tuasalamony

Hendro Susanto

Panji Huda

Manager's Thoughts

First up,I think Bambang has to be one of the best first names I have seen in this save!

First up it is a pretty good intake as we easily have five players who could make the first team.Obviously Sam Thomas is the standout player of the intake but he is quite annoying,he is Welsh like Meng Khoon Jarvis but he is further away (at point of intake) of getting Indonesian nationality than Jarvis was.Unless I sell a foreign player then we would have to wait till Autumn/Winter 2040 to see him in the first team,the best option for him would to be loan him out to a team who don't have a foreign player as he isn't too far off of being good enough to play in the first team.

Jauhari and Bambang will be good enough for squad rotation players and I am more then happy enough with their roles as you can never have too many MC or ST role players as I usually go with five minimum for those two roles.Jauhari is a bit further along than Bambang in terms of ability so when he is able to go out on loan,a possibility will be sending him to a team in the division below.As for Susanto and Huda,2* is a good rating for a 3rd choice DL and a 5th/6th Choice MC,they could easily become good choices for backup roles.

March 2038

Fixtures

3b170ea831afa783d257821cfaf02612.png

Table

6510f65436609faa611810f076fc9a49.png

Manager's Thoughts

Only three competitive games were played in March as the three friendlies were for fitness purposes as we are nearing the league kick off date.In the Champions League we won a fairly even game against Adelaide Utd which really could of gone either way.As for the game against Guangzhou Evergrande,all I can say is don't let the score line fool you as it was anything but close,the Chinese side had twenty five shots and my keeper scored a 7.8 despite being on the losing side!We also played Persib Bandung in the Community shield,it was a terrible match when it came to defence but Qarimov decided to go off on one as he netted four times as we lifted the Community Shield for the first time in the Clubs history.

We play six times in April,four are league games while the other two are in the Champions League.The league is bit of a mixed bag as we have a couple of tricky games which includes Putra Samarinda but we also two more straight forward games,my hope is we can be among the top teams come the end of the month.In the Champions League we are away to Adelaide in the first game and we then play Magwe towards the end of the month,we should beat Magwe but Adelaide will be a difficult game and I feel whoever wins this will have the advantage in the race to qualify.

April 2038

Fixtures

0ee5016ea766d1c1bf408726c5cfed14.png

League Table

fb3b1dc86a97999fb1e28af5794bcc0b.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a pretty solid start to the league campaign as we won three out of the four games which leaves sitting in fourth place.We put in some fantastic performances against the likes of Madura Utd and Persik Kediri,the latter of which actually beat us 3-0 in the same fixture last season.The result against Putra Samarinda made me angry and the players got a kick up the ass after it as we blew a 2-0 lead which to me is unacceptable.The Champions League saw us produce two fantastic performances as we won both games,the Adelaide Utd game saw us a top class defensive performance while we put Magwe to the sword,these wins have now seen us secure a top two spot in the group.

At the minute we play six times in May which currently will be five league games and one Champions League game but it could be more because of the Champions League.The league games are actually pretty straight forward based on current form as we play the bottom three but we do have a couple of trick games against Persijara Banda Aceh and Persiba Balkipapan,these games are certainly all winnable so I want to pick up somewhere in the range of eleven to fifteen points.The Champions League match sees us play Guangzhou Evergrande at home,we need to win this to come top of the group,if we draw or lose then we won't be top and we will have top hope we are in the top six for second place teams to qualify for the next round.

This draw has to be fixed bugged!

cb61f4e806da323c12c3038b9e076ec3.png

This has to be bugged,the team who beat me both times in the group stage have been drawn against me in the second round.I've not seen this in the save as I don't usually pay attention to the other teams so I don't know if it's a bug but it is really annoying.

A lesson in clinical finishing!

4a4518764522c044ba63f89368966cf2.png

As you can see,we were the second best for the majority of the game but we have finally got one over Guangzhou Evergrande as we ran out 4-1 winners in the first leg of the second round.All four goals came from my strikers which is great to see.

All I can hope is we don't lose the second leg by three or more goals!

Champions League Quarter Final draw

18973b3f6ff441d2139de4200cacdecf.png

Well it was a nice run while it lasted.

We will be facing Chinese opposition again in the Champions League,the only difference between Guangzhou and Shanghai SIPG is that Shangai SIPG are the second biggest team in China with only Shandong Luneng surpassing them.Their team is also a lot better than Guangzhou so I really doubt I will get a draw in any of the fixtures.On the plus side,we are the second Indonesian side to make it to the quarter finals in this save with Persib Bandung being the other two years ago.

May 2038

Fixtures

db0207556656f540370dde0e5b626fb9.png

League Table

d0bf1c663944c6fe0a4a59c565e34dbd.png

Manager's Thoughts

Overall it was pretty good as we picked up twelve points from fifteen as we finished the month sitting in second place.The game we lost was against Persiraja Banda Aceh,it was annoying as we were the better side but we ended up losing to a penalty after we were reduced to ten men,I guess it was just one of those games but I am happy to be right in the fight for the title at this early stage.The Champions League turned out to be hilarious,we lost to Guangzhou Evergrande in the final group game but we ended up knocking them out in the second round with a 6-4 aggregate win to reach the quarter finals.

There won't be any games in June due to the World Cup,Indonesia will be competing it and Muhammad Dio will be representing us in the Indonesian team.July is when football returns and the league fixtures make it a month from hell as we are facing Persib Bandung,Persebaya Surabaya,Barito Putera and Persija Jakarta.These fixtures are important as they could make or break our season with playing so many top teams,if we can come out of the month in the top two then that will be a massive succes.We will also be playing in the Piala Indonesia,we have no idea who we are facing and we won't find out till the week before,I would love to go one further this season and win the competition.

Last Real Player Standing

One year on!

7869de7bcc5299823ce75d397fab7a0c.png

When I did this shortlist orignally,there was 1061 "real" players left and one year on we are down to 435 so there have been over 600 retirements in the last year.The most notable retirement was Ansu Fati who despite his age was on £350k p.w

Think my prediction of around 2041/42 for when we see the last "real" player retire might have been optimistic as they could well be gone by 2040 at this rate.

July 2038

Fixtures

24e99106e000c8c6ffee3f1739cc5769.png

League Table

6c088e2b55778011e01d6d9f76f512cd.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a month that was as we came out at the top of the table after winning all our games.We did have a couple of nervy games against Perserbaya Surabaya and Persija Jakarta which could of gone either way but we snuck a win from them.We had no problems against Barito Putera who suffered a really bad month and have fallen down the table,the Persin Bandung victory was a complete surprise as I wasn't expecting us to run out 6-0 winners but we did dominate for the majority and our finishing was clinical.We also progressed in the Piala Indonesia as we had no problems in getting past Persika Kaimana.To make this even better,we did the majority of this without Qarimov who went off injured against Persebaya Surabaya.

August brigs us five more games,three in the league,one in the Champions League and one in the Piala Indonesia.In the league we have a easier fixture list but we still have to be careful as one slip up could see Persib Bandung reclaim top spot from us.In the Champions League we are facing Shanghai SIPG in the first leg of the quarter finals,I think this one is a step too far us as we can't match their quality,if we can avoid getting thrashed then that will be an achievement.As for the Piala Indoesia,I would like to get through but we won't know who we are facing till the week before.

Champions League First Leg Shocker!

d3788d7c5bc39e3728afb81b0db4bbab.png

So this has just happened in my save,we beat Shaghai SIPG 4-1 which leads to the question of how did that happen.The answer to that question would be the Asian Games for China's under 23s and injuries as that have decimated their team,this is what Shanghai SIPG were reduced to for this leg

20b2f8424a2b614b5eeaabb3ae8bfe81.png

So in all fairness,this result was nothing more than a fluke and all I can hope is that we avoid getting beat by three goals in the second leg as we won't have the Asian games on to save us!

Edited by B.W.G

August 2038

Fixtures

e35e9347d5105f8a30c33a11434b394c.png

League Table

7cf988e1a219889baf6ef568756e152a.png

Manager's Thoughts

A very solid month all around as we won all four games we played.In the league we won two from two which sees us finish the month in second two pints behind Persib Bandung but we do have a game in hand so that can be considered a slight advantage as if we win it then we go top.The Champions League result against Shanghai SIPG was a complete fluke as the situation Shanghai SIPG were in gave us the advantage from the get go.Progress was made in the Piala Indonesia as we Persiba Balikpapan in what was our worst performance of the month as I struggled to get the players motivated during the match,

September is a month from hell as we are playing nine times,six in the league,one in the Champions League and two in the Piala Indonesia.The league is a bit of mixed bag of teams as it is mainly lower half teams with a couple of mid-table teams sprinkled in,we need to pick up as many points as possible or could fall further behind Persib Bandung in the title race.The Champions League match is the second leg against Shanghai SIPG,this will be a lot tougher as the players are back from the Asian games and all I want is to lose by less than three goals as that will see us through.The Piala Indonesia draw has given us a really tough match up as we are facing Persebaya Surabay in the third round,I want to beat them but I am not too bothered if we go out due to the fixture pile which is occurring.

September 2038

Fixtures

8db52e59dc865ea2880d6b6d6ef997d7.png

League Table

a024adfdb57747bded0279044edec277.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well I like to think we did pretty well in September as we only failed to win three games from nine and in the end two of those games we didn't win didn't even matter.In the league we won all three games but despite that,we have dropped down to third place but we have three games in hand on the teams around us so we .The Champions League 2nd leg saw us draw 3-3 with Shanghai SIPG which gave us a 7-4 aggregate win,I should be angry as we blew a three goal lead but I wasn't expecting to win anyway.The semi-final has seen us come up against my last club Western Sydney Wanderers,I am surprised that it was so close as we only lost 2-1 and that result could be overturned as we were away from home.The Piala Indonesia saw us achieve a remarkable 7-0 aggregate win over Persebaya Surabaya in round three,we then went and knocked out Persiraha Bande Aceh in round four with a 5-2 aggregate win,I wasn't bothered by the second leg loss as I put out a much weakened side.

The games carry on thick and fast in October as we play eight times,five in the league,one in the Champions League and two in the Piala Indonesia.Of the five games,the biggest fixture comes against Persib Bandung,if we can win that game and still have three games in that hand then that should make us favourites for the title,it is a bit trickier this month as we are facing mainly top half teams and Sriwijaya but I think we should do well.In the Champions League we are facing Western Sydney Wanderers,I generally believe we stand a chance as they didn't impress me in the first leg and we have both home advantage and away goal,we will missing Qarimov but Jarvis is more than capable of replacing him.The Piala Indonesia has given us another tough tie as we face Persib Bandung in a rematch of last seasons final,I think whoever wins this tie will go on to reach the final,this is too close to call but I am hoping the players will be up for it.

An Interesting Development

8afae23898d4a9b314d67fd5a3690adf.png

93c58c2f3e1122e275a6e1bb01993ad4.png

My current chairman gave me a new contract a week a go,he then announces he wants to leave the club five days ago and now this has happened and one of the consortiums wants to name a new manager.Talk about things escalating quickly!

Thankfully I am a favoured personnel at the club so I don't think a sacking will go down to well :lol: 

Quickest Takeover Ever!!

902f9f13fc18f3c3b40033dbe64dac50.png

121a6dc72395c2722ff33808bc3d0db0.png

This has to be one of the quickest takeovers I have ever had,it literally took three days for a new chairman to takeover despite their being two rival consortiums.I am also shocked at him pumping in £300k into the clubs coffers as it leaves our current financial situation looking like this.

6648f6fe901aed4ae43add66793e0f15.png

If everything goes well then we could possibly break the £1 million barrier this season!

Edited by B.W.G

Champions League Semi-Final shocker

d5ada8b012eb4e1d15aee8d8f7b6a20b.png

I said I wasn't impressed with Western Sydney Wanderers after the first leg and as you can see we were more than a match for the Australian side as we won 3-1 on the night which means we go through 4-3 on aggregate.Meng Khoon Jarvis was the hero of the match and he was only playing due to Qarimov getting sent off in the first leg.

Onto the final we go,now who do we face...

def99f40bd2ffb32938b24a39be478e7.png

Oh ****!

A not so normal game between the two biggest in Indonesia

eb0c3879fa95c3b1db6cd7178563c041.png

Who needs defenders when you can just attack.The number of goals in this game has somehow topped out 12-1 victory over Madura Utd in the league.Absolute Madness!

22 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

A not so normal game between the two biggest in Indonesia

eb0c3879fa95c3b1db6cd7178563c041.png

Who needs defenders when you can just attack.The number of goals in this game has somehow topped out 12-1 victory over Madura Utd in the league.Absolute Madness!

It is TOTAL goals in a match that counts for the record!

1 minute ago, Hootieleece said:

It is TOTAL goals in a match that counts for the record!

My previous record is thirteen from the start of the season and surpassed that with fourteen from that game.I can now also say all four records are under my management :D 

1430b5c850930ccc17f8e3a8ecb26c4f.png

October 2038

Fixtures

a422cfb41df302c09a6d8f8106069ad1.png

League Table

f09fe869bd4e95bf8d370f32cb2825c7.png

Manager's Thoughts

The league wasn't great as we picked up ten points from fifteen and that has left us five points behind but we do have three games in hand in the race for the title,the annoying match was the loss to Persipura Jayapura,they didn't even score till their second till we were reduced to nine men as the ref was showing a lot of bias to the hosts as we finished the match 9 vs 12.The Champions League saw Jarvis being the hero as we beat Western Sydney Wanders 3-1 on the night to give us 4-3 aggregate victory thanks to extra time.The craziness of the month happened in the Piala Indonesia as we beat Persib Bandung 11-8 on aggregate which included a remarkable 8-6 victory  in the second leg.

November brings us seven more fixtures,three are league games,two are in the Champions League and two in the Piala Indonesia.All eyes will be on the Champions League as we are facing Shandong Luneng in the final,we stand no chance as they aren't just China's biggest team but they are Asia's biggest team,it's been a fairy tail journey but I seriously doubt there will be a fairy tail ending.I really need to win the three games in the league to keep the pressure up on the teams around us,the highlight league fixture is actually against Putra Samarinda,if we can win that then we ill be two points behind but still have three games in hand.In the Piala Indonesia we will see more of Putra Samarinda in the semi-finals,I am pretty confident that whoever wins this tie will win the tournament.

Champions League Final Special

First Leg

7cf243795a8b977b6e38c2278a036452.jpg

As you can see I played a different formation than the usual 4-4-2,this is because we only had Qarimov available as a striker as two others were injured while the other was suspended.Needless to say we could of lost by a lot more but losing 3-2 is a remarkable achievement as we were barely in the game.I have to admit their might have been a slight bias towards us as we committed 41 fouls and somehow only got five yellow cards.No surprise our keeper was man of the match considering how much he had to do,I was generally surprised he didn't score higher than a 7.2.

Second Leg

6ab51729c21244b028aa32a6a15d79af.jpg

The second leg is nothing short of miracle performed by some higher deity.

We were outplayed massively,we managed two shots on target and scored both goals and to top the miracle off,look in the bottom right hand corner,I had three men sent off so we won 2-1 on the night with eight men.Shandong didn't actually score till we were down to eight men and it would have to be my former player who I signed for Shandong from another of my old clubs Cavalry!

I am in complete disbelief,Indonesia is now finished.

November 2038

Fixtures

4e624f33be4a310a7b33e4176b424731.png

League Table

78705882e7ff022ec3cb98806edcd6be.png

Manager's Thoughts

The big talking point from November is the Champions League win over Shandong Luneng on away goals,this is the second time I've beat Shandong in the Champions League final on away goals.On the domestic front,we won all three games which keeps us in second place but we are now only one point behind Putra Samarinda and we only have five games in hand on them,Persib Bandung are in a similar position to us as they themselves have four games in hand on the leaders so I doubt Putra Samarinda will be in the top two for long.For the Piala Indonesia we beat Putra Samarinda 5-2 on aggregate,it was really tough going and I can only thank our attackers in the first leg for being more clinical as our reason for getting through to the final.

We're coming into December and it is literally the month from hell as my fixtures look like this...

9d7b5d8f8b1b135431fd0064d958e60d.png

We are playing ten times in December in a twenty one days,this could be a rather painful end to the season but we will be in the top two for certain come the end of the season but can we add the league and Piala Indonesia to that.

Edited by B.W.G

December 2038

Fixtures

a38983fff56ac80f1739dab72c46c065.png

League Table

6cb160c17abbab73c83cff66965c59f2.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well we stumbled over the finish line in first place as we won four,drew two and lost two from the eight league games which meant we finished two points ahead of Persib Bandung.I knew we were going to drop points as we had a mixture of injuries,suspensions and lack of fitness from players.I ended up play a right winger up front as Jarvis was suffering from playing too much while Qarimov and Jaya were injured.We also won the Piala Indonesia,it was more comfortable than the scorelin suggested but due to heavy rotation,I was a playing a back four that were not too familiar with each other but we succeeded in the end and that is all that matters.

End of season update to follow then onto India or Malaysia we go.

I'm hoping for India....just to wipe my mind clean of my unfortunate experience.

PS. I am comfortably back in France....lol!

No more gallivanting around Footballing Backwaters.....

Edited by Hootieleece

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I'm hoping for India....just to wipe my mind clean of my unfortunate experience.

PS. I am comfortably back in France....lol!

No more gallivanting around Footballing Backwaters.....

At this precise moment in time it is India but I'm waiting till the 1/1/39 to see the latest Competition rankings.If it is India then there is currently a job available at Aizawl FC.

I'll be back in France one day :lol: 

Just got India,Malaysia,Singapore and Hong Kong in Asia before I even reach South America then I still have to deal with Peru for a footballing backwater :lol: 

50 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

At this precise moment in time it is India but I'm waiting till the 1/1/39 to see the latest Competition rankings.If it is India then there is currently a job available at Aizawl FC.

I'll be back in France one day :lol: 

Just got India,Malaysia,Singapore and Hong Kong in Asia before I even reach South America then I still have to deal with Peru for a footballing backwater :lol: 

Peru isn't that bad....Just play like Burnley and Rule the league!  (I did a 5-3-2 WB Fluid Counterattack to in a South American save before my Clermont save last summer)

bd1ff30fd1802d2c33d14e54cf5e1fed.png

Persita Tangerang - Liga Super Indonesia - End of Season - 2038

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances - Financial Summary

Season Review

Four players left the club on loan as there wasn't enough room in the team due to registration players and these were nothing more than emergency backup.Four players came in for a combined fee of £19.75k,Suhendra and Alaydrus were the only guaranteed starters while Setiawan and Wanaggi weresquad players that added depth to their positions.

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3

Competitions

Liga Super Indonesia - Winners

3aff274c3b9e8062b2318318256fc709.png

It was a close run thing in the end as we won it by two points,we literally stumbled over the finish line as the players were absolutely knackered from the number of games played in December.

Champions League - Winners

3e56822f7ce65a94b9cd6d55de673d46.png

This competition was the run filled of miracles as we somehow won the Champions League.The miracles included a team being decimated due to injuries and International call ups (Shanghai SIPG) and a serious of bizarre occurrence in the final,the bizarre occurrences were 41 fouls and receiving five yellow cards in the first leg while the second leg saw us win 2-1 with eight men after having three players sent off.This has to be the work of the FM Gods!

Piala Indonesia - Winners

22dcabd5929c76718bfce820b6e0b37a.png

I just like to say I deserved this trophy just for the run we had to go through to get to the final.We beat Persebaya Surabaya in round three,Persib Bandung in round four and Putra Samarinda in the semi-final,we then beat Barito Putera 7-4 on aggregate in the final.That is four of the top six teams I had to face in this competition!

Community Shield - Winners

dc86084bc86e02eb9b55101a7cb7a36f.png

It was a very frantic match where both defences went AWOL in the game,this game was won by Qarimov who netted all four of the goals as we lifted the Community Shield.To think that a seven goal thriller wouldn't even be the highest soring match between ourselves and Persib Bandung shows you how competitive the two teams are.

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI

Accolades 1 - 2

The Team

51100b6c8f48f0793ec3dcc13e3be172.png

Huseyn Qarimov

Agung Jaya

Rodrigo Melivilu

Faizal Ayomi

Meng Khoon Jarvis

Manager's Thoughts

This has probably been my most craziest season to date yet,we won the Champions League due to nothing more than luck,Shanghai SIPG had their team decimated in the first leg while Shandong Luneng squandered enough chances to easily put ten past us and we some how won the second leg of the final with eight men.The team were great all season but you can tell everyone was suffering from burnout by the end of the season and it showed with some of the performances but by that point we already had the clean sweep secured.I have already secured Persita Tangerang a leaving present as the chairman has agreed to upgrade the training and youth facilities so that will be really useful for them in the future and with £4.4 million in the bank the club could ask for further upgrades in the future.

With Indonesia being done,we will now be moving to another country.However I am not sure whether it will be India or Malaysia as they are close to each other in the competition rankings so I will be waiting till the 1/1/39 to see which nation is higher.

Career Stats

7d7722be6549f9d2e12d2c07842795a2.png

League Changes

65ff22491bcc36649dbdc8ba2968eab5.png

The emergency meeting was basically the chairman asking me to reconsider resigning from the club as he wanted me to stay.

With Indonesia now done.it will be removed and Argentina will be the nation joining the party.

45e11ab79effe0cb24d772ed2256a7b9.png

Asian Competition Rankings

c7195d48229c733ffd1663de1ef5e9de.png

India has moved up in the rankings and has stayed ahead of Malaysia so that will be my next stop.

Lucky for me there are two jobs available in India at this moment in time.

41df89db427c8fe0f7330f3249c58add.png

Dempo SC - Hero I-League - Club Takeover - 2038/39 

652d8b0af6795a72b27bbdfdff114f9f.png

Club Background

31c5dc41436f508c3d4785c448de520e.png

Takeover Position

a4de388d73be92af6f07dbe55658d5d0.png

The Team

e7811d20f94cc74109efb92c7e28a9e5.png

Manager's Thoughts

What have I gotten myself into here!?

Clubs aim seemed realistic of a top half finish but I didn't realise that's it for the players I had at the club,I don't even have anyone in the under 18's so I will be relying on grey players in defence.Luckily we are in February and I have a intake in April so they are all getting signed no matter what,the only thing you need to know is that it's a golden generation and there are no shortages in any of the positions!Also did you spot the weird thing in the team.....a 26 year is retiring!

To make things even more hellish,the next post is going to be about the Hero I-League and Indian Football!

The State of Play

India and the Hero I-League

Rules of the I-League

7150b0bca275a8bc0520f3e8d2657fa8.png

There is no longer a automatic spot for the Hero I-League when it comes to the Champions League as that now goes to the Indian Super League which for this season is Kerala Blasters.

f797e2ee105e392a58e1130d94878461.png

Just to confirm that Hero I-League no longer gets a Champions League spot I checked up on Salgaocar who have been fairly dominant in recent years in India

bbb86bf3242e2ce97e4bbfa0ff1b85fc.png

With Salgaocar being in the Confederations Cup,it was a case of seeing which section they were in and it turns out they were in the playoff (which they lost)

4e5632edfb3f307df5acfafb946c8ed0.png

This means of the three places for a continental spot,the Hero I-league is the lowest of three as the group stage spot goes to another Super League team but wait that didn't happen as the other Super League (Bengaluru FC in this case) didn't play in the group stage as they were also in the playoff

8d238c51bf9b8520b2f93ebf551055cb.png

With all this being said,who the hell got the group stage spot for the Confederation Cup as the rules haven't changed from last season and after checking the Confederation Cup sections which have groups,there was no Indian team.

So basically I have to win the league to get to the Confederation Cup then win theConfederation Cup just to get to the Asian Champions League and then work from there.I am generally thinking about calling it quits after winning the Confederation Cup.This will also apply for Hong Kong as for some reason despite being ranked lower,Malaysia and Singapore get representation in the Champions League for winning their league!

Edited by B.W.G

February 2039

Fixtures

52af90f26e3ea76ddd2fb60c50341d95.png

League Table

b9e2132fe68536d378ebd0b03af7f17c.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am going to say it now,I think the problem with the club stemmed from the previous manager,I was only in charge for the games against Salgaocar and Aizalwl as the assistant manager was in charge for the games against Churchill Bros and Goukulam Kerala.Formation wise I have gone with a 4-1-4-1 as we have a very good midfield but we only have two strikers at the club and having a bit extra cover in the form of a DM makes more sense as I don't have the players to pull off anything fancy as this is a tiki-take with basic instructions and nothing fancy.

Three games in March and we will be facing Chennai City,NEROCA (IND) and Real Kashmir.Ideally I would like to win at least two of these games as that should keep us in the top half which is the boards expectations,I think despite the face we have so few players,the quuality we have is still better than what Real Kashmir and Chennai City have.

Edited by B.W.G

March 2039

Fixtures

b6cc884e416b9c61f8c21f71d254b549.png

League Table

d5add52c65402d810da74cca85b88484.png

Manager's Thoughts

We went unbeaten during Match which is great,picking five points up from nine isn't so great but we did keep two clean sheets with one of those being against NEROCA (IND) which is brilliant for a team whose real players can amount to a total on your hands and feet.Were sitting in fourth place which is great but any last ditch title shot went up in smoke.The 26 year old who is retiring didn't want to reconsider so that is a bit of a blow but it does mean we will be hitting the limit for foreign players as we had too many.

Just the one game in April and we will be playing Punjab in the league,this is our final league game of the league portion of the season so it will be nice to come out of it with a win.April is a month I have been looking forward to since I joined as we are getting a youth intake and that means we will have actual players and may not have to rely on grey players next season!

Youth Intake 2039

Top Prospect

625b564a4c9b482764825dc18ecf94d5.png

The Intake

500e4aff82282558570e1a26159a2027.png

Saurabh Ansari

Joe Pal

Bruno Jadhav

Kunal Barreto

Samir Lawrence

Manager's Thoughts

Usually I don't show the entire youth intake as I am doing a journeyman save but due to the current situation,I will be signing every single player from the intake to help fill the team out so I thought I'd show everyone what I will be working with.

As for the top picks,the top four picks will be in and around the first team while Lawrence will be a back up choice for Mansaray in the first team as he can't be any worse than the current back up striker.We will probably be looking at at least six players in the first team with the sixth player being Marcus Fernandes.With these players coming through,it also helps highlight where I need to strengthen which is goalkeeper and the defence and up front.

April 2039

Fixture

ad42f1a3474c44467f4fd6352d9314d9.png

League Table

2c428b8b45e6f2255ee0274177e9a347.png

Manager's Thoughts

We finished up the league section of the season with a solid 3-1 win over Punjab,this victory saw us finish in 4th place and meet the boards expectations for the season.I am also pleased to announce that hat-trick hero Mansaray has also signed a new deal so he will be here till at least Juneo 2041!

May sees some more fixtures as the Federation Cup starts.For this competition you can only be eligible if you finish in the top eight in the league and follows the rule 1st vs 8th,2nd vs 7th etc.For ourselves,we will be facing Gokulam Kerala,the board want us to reach the semi-final so I need really need to win.With there being no registration rules.all the players who have just come through in the intake will be able to start so there won't be any grey players in the team or on the bench for the first time since I have take over!

May 2039

Fixtures

7495ac8e8513d913ab4dfad7e829e777.png

Manager's Thoughts

Considering I had players available,I decided to go with the 4-4-2 which I used with Persita Tangerang.Needless to say we won the Federation Cup and we were carried heavily by Mansaray as he scored sixteen times in five games.We've been here three months,we have silverare and we have one player to thank for it and he has 6 for finishing!
c2ea02e5312cb243729769f1b509806d.png

End of Season update to follow then onto the 2039/40 season we go!

SC Dempo - Hero I-League - End of Season - 2038/39

None of the transfers were anything to do with me so I find it a bit weird there was no released or more outgoings considering how small the squad was when I took over.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Hero I-League - 4th Place

b826d1041cc29eb36858815b5dd167ce.png

I took over in February and played six of the league games which I recorded a record of 4-2-0.This gives us some solid foundation to build upon in the seasons to come as we will have more players and more strength in depth to challenge in the future.

Durand Cup - Group Stage

b5141be4ab00fbc9ea9ae7761ac35c74.png

The Durand Cup is the main cup competition in India and this was done under the previous manager.A group stage exit was probably below what the board wanted so I hope we can do better than this next season.

Federation Cup - Winners

24a2620ff95882429af0d60c259d052b.png

We beat Gokulam Kerala (12-4 on aggregate) and Salgaocar FC (6-2 on aggregate) to reach the final.As for the final itself,it had everything except for a penalty.We were already a goal down when we had a player sent off,went further back and immediately pegged Punjab back.The secod half looked like it was going Punjabs way as they were 3-2 up but ended up with ten men after a sending off in the 84th minute and we scored two quick goals to win 4-3 for our first bit of silverware.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

No Screenshots for stats,awards and Best XI due to them not coming through in the inbox.

The Team

5ee7e3e51d68ac39cd52588f397e0f80.png

Amadou Mansaray

Emeka Essien

Taljinder Joshi

Saurabh Naik

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was an exciting first eleven games as we won eight,drew three,scored twelve in a single game and was carried by our start striker to some silverware.Not a lot I can say as I've not seen much due to the seasons being very short in India,at most you will play 30 domestic games a season and that's if you reach both cup finals.This means I should be able to fly through the seasons pretty quick in India.Finances are solid as we are the only club to be labelled secured as the others are either insecure or okay.I think this is mainly down to a lack of players we had at the club as we have a wage budget of £16k p.w and we were only spending £6k p.w so there is quite a bit of difference.The facilities are among the best in India but I won't be able to ask about upgrading them as I haven't been at the club for long.

For next season I want to be fighting it out at the top for the title but I will need a lot of signings as we need to strengthen massively.At this moment in time I am in talks with a goalkeeper,four defenders and three midfielders.I also want to get another one or two strikers in along with another couple of defenders who will do for fringe players.I probably also need to look at each wing as the are quite weak but it's a case of waiting to see who I get and who I don't get before I decide who to go after.Also this pre-season is going to be really long in terms of time taken but thre reality is I have less than three months to get everything sorted for the new season,this is going to be a frantic pre-season!

Career Stats (Asia Only)

eb131997aa49bed0f10e07e4965ffdea.png

July 2039

Last real player standing

3c3b36459afa8aa6d8af5d731a27828f.png

Quite a drop but it's not really surpising with the further we get in.We're down to the last 124 players and this figure will be down to double digits by this time next yea,with South America and Asian's seasons finishing alter this year then it is definitely possible it could be double digits by the end of the year.

SC Dempo - Hero I-League - Pre-Season - 2039/40

Season Preview - Expectations

The transfers are completely bugged as I have put on this seasons to show everyone.There should be one player on the released list.he is 26 and retiring from football in November 2039!There wasn't any other outgoings.On the incoming side we have bought in twelve players as we spent every single penny and we have £6k p.w left over in the wage budget.This will more than likely be our busiest transfer window as there is only the defence what needs drastic improvements but there weren't any A grade defenders for this level.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Weirdly no pre-season fixtures are played before the season starts in the Durand Cup,the friendlies are played once the cup is over as the league section of the season doesn't start till November.

The Team

4057ee500ecbeba9cf096bf605bd74fa.png

Amadou Mansaray

Taljinder Joshi

Saurabh Naik

Yogesh Kumar

Pratik Chauhan

Manager's Thoughts

Well with the transfer business we have done,the media have made us favourites for the title so we better deliver on that or my head could be on the chopping block.We bought in twelve players,four of those were available on free transfers and three of those are Indian internationals so we have bought quality to the team.The attacking side of the team looks really good judging by the ratings but defensive doesn't look so great but there is literally nothing we can do about that as there are very few defenders who could improve our team in India which is why I have kept open the foreign spots as we have a Malian defender coming in December and we have room for a foreign Asian player as well which will be a defender when I find one.

The board's expectations are to win the league which I also think should be necessary as we are favourites and we probably have the strongest team in the league.We need to win the league anyway if we are to make progress on the continental front as only the league winners qualify Asian Confederation Cup.The board don't care abut the Durand Cup which is the first competition we will be playing in but I want us to do better than the previous manager last season as he scored three points in the group.Time to start the domination of India!

Durand Cup

July-August 2039

Fixtures

53f19b4c46427563f1cdafa7f3a46e0d.png

Group Stage

3b4ac57c641d8fee5ac4f607cd76f257.png

Knockout Stages

b5a3057790e6646d809bcf6cfecb00b2.png

Manager's Thoughts

Not often I'll say this but the group stage was much harder than the knockout stage.We had a bit of luck that Salgaocar were terrible in their other two games as they drew all three games although our 4-4 draw was painful to watch with so many stupid mistakes in defence.We had no issue in dealing with Shillonh Lajong but we had a fair bit of luck against NEROCA (IND).As for the knockouts stages,it was straight forward as we had no problems in dealing with either side.

We don't have any competitive games till the end of the November which sees us face Gokulam Kersala and Real Kashmir in the league,I would like either four points or six points from these two games as I want to make a good start to the season.Anything less will be unacceptable.

November 2039

Fixtures

a34be867ce16121c8eded91bd5fcea22.png

League Table

1181b4d126645fc91d2c1358da8aa316.png

Manager's Thoughts

I could not have asked for a better start as we won both games which has left us at the top of the table.I do feel the game against Gokulam Kerala flattered us a bit as we did struggle against themI,I think we deserved the win but we most certainly didn't deserve a three goal win as it was a really close game.The match against Real Kashmir saw us put in a solid performance all around and was a fair result for our dominace.

We're playing six times in December,five league games and a friendly.The friendly against Goa will be the second match of the month and has been arranged for fitness purposes due to having two weeks of no competitive football.The standout fixture of the month comes against Salgaocar FC,I feel a victory in that game will go a long way in our quest for the title,I'm currently ignoring their standing in the league due to it being early days and I think they will be more of a threat as the season goes on.

December 2039

Fixtures

b360791dcc39e0b8d74e11832f0f79a1.png

League Table

d71315b8a7704815964c5b68e586d29b.png

Manager's Thoughts

That was the perfect month as we won all five games and we did so in convincing fashion in each game.There's nothing more I can say about our performances as we were dominant in each game.Off the field I have made two signings for the defence which use my last two foreign spots up,we have a Malian DC come in on a free who was allowed to be registered straight away,we have also signed a Iraqi DR,this was our weakest area in the team and we paid £3.2k to strengthen it so I am happy with that but we haven't been able to register him yet.

Five more league games will be played in January with the most difficult game (based off current form) will be against Gokulam Kerala,the other teams are mainly mid-table and near the bottom.I want to win as many games as possible as we get paid by the win in this league which is amazing as I think this is the first time I have seen this happen,we do only get £830 per win but it will mount up if we can keep winning.

Youth Intake Preview

0d19b8efe96596d395b850eccbe442e9.png

We kick the new decade off (literally as this was in the inbox 1/1) with our youth intake preview.This intake has the potential to be a golden generation for the club,I kind of ignore the rest as that line has given me a lot of hope.We have a lot of wingers and an striker who has been mentioned so that is more than likely where the best of the intake will be.I tend to ignore the yellow sentences as at times you do get the odd good player through in the positions mentioned so we will see what happen in April.

January 2040

Fixtures

d1084e709180b7b84fa93a5b67fd17a9.png

League Table

d29e17f2e3ccd4b4dd4f7c8e2e2737c4.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was bit of a rough month for us as we picked up eight points from fifteen,luckily things haven't gone completely off the rails for us as we are still at the top of the table but with eight games left to play,this is definitely a three horse race.The first two games where we dropped results in we were missing a lot of players due to a combination of internationals,suspensions and injuries,it got to the point where we had thirteen players available against NEROCA (IND) the two players on my subs bench were both goalkeepers!For the last game of the month,we were awful up front and that cost us two points.

Three games in February and we will be playing Real Kashmir,Churchill Bros and Punjab FC.We need to kick things up after January's inconsistency as any points dropped here could be disasterous so we need to win all three games.The game against Punjab FC is massive as that is first vs second,whoever wins that will have the advantage going forward in this short league season.

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

Good Luck! I think you should have been the manager of Churchhill Bros. because then you could intrersperse your commentary with Winston Churchhill quotes....LOL!

Thanks!

I actually applied for the Churchill Bros job along with Dempo SC and Real Kashmir as all three jobs came up around the same time,only Dempo replied to my application.Now you've mentioned I could of used Wiston Churill quotes,it's such a missed opportunity!

February 2040

Fixtures

40ff99a3b74402f0b1baea2290ca7ba7.png

League Table

ff3506e78a5eba5dfe2d881e51acce9c.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a tough month but we won all three games,the only game I felt truly comfortable in was the 3-1 win over Punjab.The games against Real Kashmir and Churchill Bros were really nervy affairs and it took late goals in both game for us to clinch the wins.This has left us at the top of the table thanks to our much superior goal difference but we do have the advantage of having a game in hand on the chasing pack so it is really important we win that.

March brings us four more games and we will be facing Shillong Lajong,Salgaocar,Sporting Clube de Goa and Indian Arrowa.We are facing two of the worse teams in the league so I will be going all out against them.The match against Shillong Lajong is one I have to be careful with as they have a quality squad but they are massively underachieving as you have to remember that they were last seasons league winners.I really don't know what to make of Salgaocar as their new manager has been in charge for 24 days and with that game being second in March,I literally have one game to sort things out for that match.My aim is a minimum of ten points as that should be enough to keep us top but Punjab also have to play Salgaocar in March so it is going to be a tense finish.

March 2040

Fixtures

43c6eaa811e1652b885ff294d64f0295.png

League Table

fbb5ca30a700433844e32b2dd6d2bcac.png

Manager's Thoughts

We achieved the ten points I wanted and it was actually enough to win us the title, surprisingly we drew against Sporting Clube de Goa in a game we completely dominated and I am still not sure how we didn't win that game.The Salgaocar was the hardest fought victory of the other three games but it was a highly contested affair but everything just fizzled out after 80 minutes as the last ten minutes were a snooze fest with not a single highlight.The key result of the month was actually Punjab's 2-0 defeat to Shillong Lajong which helped us massively towards the title.

We just have the one game in April which is against NEROCA (IND),this is nothing more than a dead rubber for us as we have already won the league so I don't care one bit by what happens in that game.For me April is all about one thing and that is the youth intake,it was dubbed a golden generation so I am excited to see who we have coming through.