Will FM2021 come with player profile photos for all players this time?

Hi Marc

So I am aware and appreciate the difficulties of club logo licensing and the whole Juventus Zebra thing, but are we getting player profile photos for all of the players in FM2021 or should we expect these to come by way off third party downloads again, please?

Thank you Marc

Edited by JohnyBruce

• JohnyBruce changed the title to Will FM2021 come with player profile photos for all players this time?
  • SI Staff

It's hard to give a definitive list as a lot of the deals are specific to clubs or divisions, rather than 'all in x country', and they include different types of assets.  As a general rule though, I would expect the licensing situation to be relatively similar to last year in this respect.

Thanks Alari

Just lastly, is there a way to delete player photos ...am a bit OCD with this great game and don’t particularly like half my players with photos and the other half without, so would rather no photos in the game than some if there’s a way to remove the “some”

Sorry not a hot topic question in the grand scheme of things, just thought I’d ask!!

Thanks Alari 

The easiest way to play without the player pictures is to remove and re-install the game (ensuring you have your saves backed up) then dont choose the option to download the player pictures when you launch the app for the first time.

On Android you could also remove the pictures by manually deleting or renaming the relevant folders in /storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.sega.soccer/files/installed/graphics/pictures/players/normal.

If you want to restore the pictures afterwars this can be done from the in game settings menu by clicking on the Download Player Pictures button which is located under User Interface.

1 minute ago, TheHurricane said:

The easiest way to play without the player pictures is to remove and re-install the game (ensuring you have your saves backed up) then dont choose the option to download the player pictures when you launch the app for the first time.

On Android you could also remove the pictures by manually deleting or renaming the relevant folders in /storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.sega.soccer/files/installed/graphics/pictures/players/normal.

If you want to restore the pictures afterwars this can be done from the in game settings menu by clicking on the Download Player Pictures button which is located under User Interface.

The only thing about deleting it is that, (I think) you lose any achievements, badges, reputation you've accrued. 

On 16/11/2020 at 14:37, TheHurricane said:

Hi TheHurricane - so I don’t think FM on iPhone has that option.??

When I start a game of FM2021 I have like 2% - 5% of player photos and the rest blank ...maybe I’d need to plug phone into computer and delete that way, can’t say I’ve done that before 😬

On 16/11/2020 at 14:40, passenger58 said:

The only thing about deleting it is that, (I think) you lose any achievements, badges, reputation you've accrued. 

I don’t mind loosing achievements - ideally I’d be looking to do this before I have played any games of the new FM.

• 2 weeks later...