• SI Staff

Hi @rstebbing1709

Do you happen to have a save game from before you made the offer for Kana? We would need the save at that point to identify what could be going wrong. When trying to reproduce your issue from a new game then Kana can sign without the need for a WP. 

Or have you encountered this issue with any other players from that save game? 

Cheers,

Ben 

I'm having this too. I currently have 7 players waiting on work permits - those who are from countries in which they're allowd to move before 18 (ie EU) won't be made until 1/10/20 and those who aren't EU and can't move til 18 (Tomas Angel, Mateja Bacanin, Federico Redondo) it won't be made until 1/1/21.

The EU players are from Spain and Netherlands respectively. Separately I've been able to sign Domink Greif with no WP issues.

Edited by garabe87

2 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Hi @rstebbing1709

Do you happen to have a save game from before you made the offer for Kana? We would need the save at that point to identify what could be going wrong. When trying to reproduce your issue from a new game then Kana can sign without the need for a WP. 

Cheers,

Ben 

Hi Ben,

Thanks for coming back to me unfortunately I don't have a save game file from before and I haven't been able to replicate the issue in another game so far. 

The only thing I can think of is that I had made the offer for Kana in my game after the Brexit announcement which might have played a part in the issue? 

I'll keep an eye out going forward to see if the issue creeps up again.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Hi @rstebbing1709

Cheers,

Ben 

I have also had this Issue. I have my save file it was during the buying process. Would this help ?

17 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

Sorry I thought i had added a link. 

I have just uploaded a save called GV - Leeds (v03).fm. It is the oldest save that I have but shows in the active transfers the players - how some European players aren't affected, and some are.

Edited by garabe87

I am playing a save with Everton and brexit has happened and the 17 foreign players rule has came into play. When I try to sign players from abroad it’s turning players down for work permits. I am in the first January transfer window and missed out on pavon for £3.7m cos of this 😔

Having this exact problem at the end of the first season.

Was looking at the work permit rules whilst trying to sign Luca Pellegrini from Juve, he's played more than enough games in Serie A (35 league appearances for Genoa) to qualify for a work permit, but is being rejected. Assuming Serie A should also qualify as a high reputation league?

They also can't be registered for the league until 1st Jan.

Edited by Chetsfmfan

Hello,

Also having the same issue.Trying to sign Tonali with Spurs in 2021 summer window. Player has had WP rejected when from Italy!   

I have uploaded file from screenshot below, named: Ben Howard - Tottenham.fm. 

Also uploaded file in progress of WP application, named: Tonali - Awaiting WP.fm

Also uploaded file mid season before I had even considered bid (not sure if it would be helpful), named: Ben Howard - Tottenham(v02).fm.

• Ben Howard - Tottenham.fm

image.png

image.png

Edited by benhoward12
Upload names

1 hour ago, Chetsfmfan said:

Having this exact problem at the end of the first season.

Was looking at the work permit rules whilst trying to sign Luca Pellegrini from Juve, he's played more than enough games in Serie A (35 league appearances for Genoa) to qualify for a work permit, but is being rejected. Assuming Serie A should also qualify as a high reputation league?

They also can't be registered for the league until 1st Jan.

Have also tried playing around with it, have offered extremely high wages/massive fee etc, doesn’t seem help with the work permit either.

• SI Staff

Thanks for the feedback and save games guys. 

There is only one Brexit scenario in this years game and this creates a new WP system which comes into play after the close of the 2020 summer window. The new WP system will apply to any foreign player. So it is not an issue that you are seeing Italian/Spanish players needing a WP after the 2020 summer window. With the new WP system the criteria for players to get a WP is now tougher. Offering high transfer fees and wages will not make the signings more likely. 

In terms of issues raised in this bug 

1) EU players requiring work permits in the summer 2020 window. This is something we have passed on to the dev team to look into would like to have a look at your save for the Correia exampe @antonywarnes

2) Player who could potentially be getting work permits under new brexit rules not getting a WP. Would be very interested in taking a look at your Pellegrini example @Chetsfmfan

I have doubts about this new Brexit tbh. This is not going to be sustainable for long saves as many teams will struggle to find international players to sign. The quality and competitiveness of Championship in particular will significanlty drop. Hope some middle ground might be found. 

3 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

There is only one Brexit scenario in this years game and this creates a new WP system which comes into play after the close of the 2020 summer window. The new WP system will apply to any foreign player. So it is not an issue that you are seeing Italian/Spanish players needing a WP after the 2020 summer window. With the new WP system the criteria for players to get a WP is now tougher. Offering high transfer fees and wages will not make the signings more likely. 

1) EU players requiring work permits in the summer 2020 window. This is something we have passed on to the dev team to look into would like to have a look at your save for the Correia exampe @antonywarnes

2) Player who could potentially be getting work permits under new brexit rules not getting a WP. Would be very interested in taking a look at your Pellegrini example @Chetsfmfan

Hi Ben, 

So the example I have posted above is not a bug? 

what about the 'special status' allowing them to be treated as 'non-foreign'?

1 hour ago, CM said:

I have doubts about this new Brexit tbh. This is not going to be sustainable for long saves as many teams will struggle to find international players to sign. The quality and competitiveness of Championship in particular will significanlty drop. Hope some middle ground might be found. 

I would agree, not being able to sign Tonali offering him over 120k at Spurs, going to cause much larger issues at smaller clubs. Think it needs to be addressed 

1 hour ago, CM said:

The real life process won’t cause that much of an issue. Looks like a 15 point rule has been agreed by PL and FA and that is yet to be voted on by clubs anyway but my guess is it’ll get even lower.

The problem is FM is not capable of processing the work permit requirements information. 
I’ve had saves before where I’ve had players fail work permits even though they’re full internationals Who play regularly because when the game starts you start with no international appearances for that season. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8942921/amp/The-FA-win-post-Brexit-war-against-Premier-League-overseas-talent-new-15-point-system.html

that article explains it more but basically fm will not be capable of applying the measures that are there in real life. For example the appeal system. This will basically make playing in England outside the Premier League in Fm borderline unplayable and impossible for potentially rising up the ladder.
SI are going to have to have a workaround put in the coding or something to negate this. 

Edited by iownyou

I've just had this issue as well. Started a brand new game as Hull (it is 27th July 2020- first game day) and went to sign Elie Youan of Nantes and it says he wont qualify for a work permit. He is French! I looked at a similar player of the same nationality and age and there was no such WP warning...

EDIT- i have noticed it is saying it for all players who are currently out on loan even though the are European. I understand that i am unable to sign them straight away, but it seems strange that it is saying that they need WPs

Edited by Rakiye

I've just signed Ethan Laird (ENG) on loan to FC Nordsjælland (Denmark) for 6months (Jan to Jun) and I didn't get any warning about a work permit and there is no information about applying for new one.

252715060_Screenshot2020-11-14082138.thumb.png.69dedefee9d0784e9e19e215bdb33b23.png

Am I missing something here? I've already signed a few player for next season from the championship and Scottish prem and they all got work permits.

On 13/11/2020 at 04:01, antonywarnes said:

Still finding this in my current save as Norwich. Can't sign a player from Portugal as he's not played in enough internationals to get a WP. Can send save If required.

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 03.59.01.png

Tried to sign the same player from a new save as Newcastle. Not seeing the WP issue. 

Getting the same issues with my save down in the champ. Its blocked me signing the wonderkids and experienced players. When you also consider that I've mainly loaded the major European leagues and the players I am able to sign from these nations wont have any international experience, its too be a blocker. 

I don't know what will happen with WPs in real life, but certainly makes a save with a smaller team in England not very enjoyable and I'm guessing would completely change the make up of the English game if you simulate 5 years into the future.

Getting the same issue with Nnamdi Collins from Dortmund. First transfer window 2020 he's a german national but he requires a work permit. Don't understand because he should be able to sign right away as he is 16 and EU national.

Edited by niallmcfc

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, antonywarnes said:

Spoke too soon. Newcastle save trying to sign a player with Spanish as a 2nd Nationality. 

I can't see the date in those screenshots, but If this is after the 2020 summer transfer window has closed then this is not a bug. Foreign players will require a WP regardless of European nationality/second nationality . Now if you are encountering this in the 2020 window then this would be an issue and would be interested in taking a look at your save if possible. 

On 14/11/2020 at 07:37, linvilleb said:

I've just signed Ethan Laird (ENG) on loan to FC Nordsjælland (Denmark) for 6months (Jan to Jun) and I didn't get any warning about a work permit and there is no information about applying for new one.

252715060_Screenshot2020-11-14082138.thumb.png.69dedefee9d0784e9e19e215bdb33b23.png

Am I missing something here? I've already signed a few player for next season from the championship and Scottish prem and they all got work permits.

Would be interested in taking a look at a save game from before the loan is completed if possible. Ive tried a few loans similar to this when in charge of a Danish side with no problem getting a WP 

10 hours ago, Chetsfmfan said:

@Ben Kenney Hi Ben, I’ve sent in the Luca Pellegrini example - is there more info on whether it’s working as intended?

Thanks for the save. I've taken a look and it does not look like Pellegrini has met the points criteria required. Lack of continental and international matches is counting against him. 

Hi @Ben Kenney

As this thread is talking about WP, I will add my story here.

I have a Slovenian striker Jan Mlakar, playing for my FC Metz side ( French 1st division). Happy new year 2023 and... tadam this player need a WP. He is european, in european country. Am I missing something ?

Do you need anything from me to investigate this ? or is there a rule that I'm not aware of ?

Best regards,

WP.png

I uploaded the save to your services. Name of the save is Thomas Massot-WP.fm

The same event occur again on the 2nd of January ( For some others minor issues I simultated on my own so you are on the 31 of december 2022.)

Thank you for the hard work on all those things !

Best regards,

Tom

I understand not differentiating between EU and non-EU foreign players post Brexit, but do not think that it will work in reality the way it is working in game - when it is clarified, will the game be updated as I assume it will not be clarified pre-full release 

On 13/11/2020 at 18:44, Ben Kenney said:

So let me see if I understand this correctly. If I sign an Italian player during the 1st transfer window he wont need a WP but if I sign one in January he will. Is that right because thats the issue I'm having with two Italian internationals. One didnt need a work permit because I signed him on the day I took the job. After the 1st window closed I put in a bid for another that was accepted and terms agreed but he's waiting on a work permit.

On 17/11/2020 at 17:44, trekman said:

So let me see if I understand this correctly. If I sign an Italian player during the 1st transfer window he wont need a WP but if I sign one in January he will. Is that right because thats the issue I'm having with two Italian internationals. One didnt need a work permit because I signed him on the day I took the job. After the 1st window closed I put in a bid for another that was accepted and terms agreed but he's waiting on a work permit.

Yes that is correct, any EU national who joins your club prior to 31/12/20 should not require a work permit. (If they do raise it as a bug.) Anyone who is not a UK national or settled status player (already in the UK prior to Brexit happening) joining your club will require a work permit.

6 hours ago, phugalu said:

Same issue here at Man Utd.

Trying to sign Josko Gvardiol at the start of the game (he's at loan at Dinamo at the moment from RB Leipzig) but they'll decide on his WP on the 1st of january. 

Knipsel.PNG

I believe this will be correct as even though you are attempting to sign him at the start of the game he won't be able to join until after Brexit has happened so will require a work permit.

Only odd bit is how long you'll need to wait for the decision to be made. 

On 17/11/2020 at 16:03, Ben Kenney said:

Thanks very much. I have passed this example on to the dev team to look into. 

Cheers,

Ben 

Hi Ben,

I'm having an issue where at the beginning of second season I can't buy players who riquire a work permit, as they can't be registered until the next transfer window ( I ued Donnarumma as an example, since it would definitely get a work permit, but you can try others). 

I have uploaded the file "Carlos Jesus - QPR.fm"

I don't know if this had any effect, but at this point of the season I had made offers for 3 players, who accepted the contratcs, having to cancel them at the end due to the work permit being rejected (these ones had a different message at the bottom), but the message saying that the players an't be registered until next transfer windon only appeared after these 3 were botched, so I started to wonder if there's a limit of work permit applications a team can file per transfer window.

I'll wait for your feedback.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.ddfdb10a61f56df11852bcc71fd061a9.pngimage.thumb.png.e7bdddc7d9a11060800122f199ce0f61.png

Edited by chuck2j

Something is definitely wrong with the work permit points allocation. Just had Yacine Adli (my backup in case contract negotiations fell through) get a work permit, but not Sandro Tonali. 

This is for the 21/22 season, so Tonali has just come off his loan with AC Milan. Played 20 league games, 12 European games, and 9 games for Italy in 20/21.

Adli on the other hand played 34 league games for Bordeaux and no continental or international games.

Either neither of them should get a work permit or only Tonali should, anything else is insane.

Have uploaded file as AllpressWorkPermitBug.fm

11 hours ago, callpress said:

Something is definitely wrong with the work permit points allocation. Just had Yacine Adli (my backup in case contract negotiations fell through) get a work permit, but not Sandro Tonali. 

This is for the 21/22 season, so Tonali has just come off his loan with AC Milan. Played 20 league games, 12 European games, and 9 games for Italy in 20/21.

Adli on the other hand played 34 league games for Bordeaux and no continental or international games.

Either neither of them should get a work permit or only Tonali should, anything else is insane.

Have uploaded file as AllpressWorkPermitBug.fm

Would be really interested to hear the response to this, I think there’s an issue with work permits where the player has come back to the parent club from loan.

I think that’s what caused the issue with Luca Pellegrini.

On 17/11/2020 at 17:03, Ben Kenney said:

Thanks very much. I have passed this example on to the dev team to look into. 

Cheers,

Ben 

So the solution to the work permit issues for UK is that you can just sign them without a work permit, wait 120 days and try again, and suddenly it's accepted.

So my question is if this is a bug??

It seems strange that it's suddenly accepted bc of them being at an english club, and not having had any extra points from caps in between. Easy solution if so.

In an another attempt to get a wp, I sent Arezo to Spain on loan. He also got accepted on first try after a 120 days.

Both examples above happened after season 1 at 9th of June +120 days.

Edited by Rober82