[FM21] Manchester United: A club stuck in transition

BigV

Just can't stop smiling, what a beautiful way to end season with DDGea making last appearance (because he is homesick and want to leave) and Bruno with red card in first half and Thiago Almada shooting penalty for title even Martial is looking for more goals to beat Brewster 1st position....

Untitled.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, milan_manutd said:

Just can't stop smiling, what a beautiful way to end season with DDGea making last appearance (because he is homesick and want to leave) and Bruno with red card in first half and Thiago Almada shooting penalty for title even Martial is looking for more goals to beat Brewster 1st position....

Untitled.jpg

Wrong screenshot?

So as my post at the bottom of the previous page, it was very tight going into the final game, could we win the title, a treble or leave the season empty handed.

1st lets talk about the league.

Final day we play Fulham, Liverpool play Bournemouth. Liverpool raced into a 2 goal lead and top of the table, and going into the last 10 minutes we were still 0-0, how did it end..............................

1692288504_s3titlewinners.png.45b4283405c739500bc3676d5dc0c4b5.png

Greenwood saved us and won us the title, with a little help from Bournemouth scoring a late goal. Tense final game and to win by 1 on goal difference is insane, we certainly made it difficult for ourselves. It had been an incredible league campaign, so many ups and downs and to win it like that on the final day made it worthwhile.

So that's 1 trophy in the bag, now onto number 2 the fa cup final.

707650832_facups3.thumb.png.bd5bc6c9500b6a9e3da83f80458cdc60.png

Well we won it, we absolutely robbed Wolves, they were miles better than us yet we hung on in there and Maddison came up with screamer to win it. This game kind of summed our season up, struggled defensively and were lucky at times but we got over the line.

So that's 2 in the bag, 1 left the big one, Champs league final against Milan.

736043331_champsleagues3.thumb.png.a19ffaf5a636b088b8555ef9cbdb9fe6.png

And we have won the treble!!!!!! Again defensively a little naive, but clinical in attack and we fully deserved it.

104356819_s3treble.png.39bdbb6a2740b9235608c657f0f95124.png

So there it is, the treble. What a season, we had tough times, lost 7 games in the league so didn't have it all our own way, defensively at times very poor, but we plugged away scored loads of goals, and in a weird way probably the most enjoyable season I have ever done, purely because it was difficult and we had to fight for it.

Here are the season stats.

2061111848_s3playerstats.thumb.png.0cfa518d1e73a1a4b1450f46b6daf1fd.png

Milenkovic held that backline together even during my bad results. Both left backs again having great seasons, Bruno incredible, plus Rashford and Greenwood doing well. But the main man this season was Belotti with 32 goals, top goal scorer in the league, scored in both finals, what a bargain for 20 mil. He carries on his form from when I used him for my beta save at AC, just clicked with him this fm.

However there were some dodgy performances, Martial had a poor season, Maguire was a bit dodgy and Wan Bissaka the worst of the full backs.

Now onto season 4, after 3 very successful seasons I have decided to start a new cycle of the squad and have a clear out. So Wan Bissaka wants to leave and will go, Bailly and Martial will be sold. Pogba, Maguire, De Gea and Mctominay all have question marks over them, but will probably sell at least 2 of them.

I have youngsters I want to bring in like Hannibal and Mengi, plus Laird and Williams will come back. I have also brought a regen striker from Lyon, am buying a regen GK from Coventry, plus Pat Dunne who I brought in season 3, I will share screenshots in my next post. I still want to keep the squad strong so a new cb to partner Milenkovic is a must, then maybe someone to back up Ndidi.

Edited by sedge11

4 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

Untitled.jpg

Great, I'm happy for you mate :)

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

So as my post at the bottom of the previous page, it was very tight going into the final game, could we win the title, a treble or leave the season empty handed.

1st lets talk about the league.

Final day we play Fulham, Liverpool play Bournemouth. Liverpool raced into a 2 goal lead and top of the table, and going into the last 10 minutes we were still 0-0, how did it end..............................

1692288504_s3titlewinners.png.45b4283405c739500bc3676d5dc0c4b5.png

Greenwood saved us and won us the title, with a little help from Bournemouth scoring a late goal. Tense final game and to win by 1 on goal difference is insane, we certainly made it difficult for ourselves. It had been an incredible league campaign, so many ups and downs and to win it like that on the final day made it worthwhile.

So that's 1 trophy in the bag, now onto number 2 the fa cup final.

707650832_facups3.thumb.png.bd5bc6c9500b6a9e3da83f80458cdc60.png

Well we won it, we absolutely robbed Wolves, they were miles better than us yet we hung on in there and Maddison came up with screamer to win it. This game kind of summed our season up, struggled defensively and were lucky at times but we got over the line.

So that's 2 in the bag, 1 left the big one, Champs league final against Milan.

736043331_champsleagues3.thumb.png.a19ffaf5a636b088b8555ef9cbdb9fe6.png

And we have won the treble!!!!!! Again defensively a little naive, but clinical in attack and we fully deserved it.

104356819_s3treble.png.39bdbb6a2740b9235608c657f0f95124.png

So there it is, the treble. What a season, we had tough times, lost 7 games in the league so didn't have it all our own way, defensively at times very poor, but we plugged away scored loads of goals, and in a weird way probably the most enjoyable season I have ever done, purely because it was difficult and we had to fight for it.

Here are the season stats.

2061111848_s3playerstats.thumb.png.0cfa518d1e73a1a4b1450f46b6daf1fd.png

Milenkovic held that backline together even during my bad results. Both left backs again having great seasons, Bruno incredible, plus Rashford and Greenwood doing well. But the main man this season was Belotti with 32 goals, top goal scorer in the league, scored in both finals, what a bargain for 20 mil. He carries on his form from when I used him for my beta save at AC, just clicked with him this fm.

However there were some dodgy performances, Martial had a poor season, Maguire was a bit dodgy and Wan Bissaka the worst of the full backs.

Now onto season 4, after 3 very successful seasons I have decided to start a new cycle of the squad and have a clear out. So Wan Bissaka wants to leave and will go, Bailly and Martial will be sold. Pogba, Maguire, De Gea and Mctominay all have question marks over them, but will probably sell at least 2 of them.

I have youngsters I want to bring in like Hannibal and Mengi, plus Laird and Williams will come back. I have also brought a regen striker from Lyon, am buying a regen GK from Coventry, plus Pat Dunne who I brought in season 3, I will share screenshots in my next post. I still want to keep the squad strong so a new cb to partner Milenkovic is a must, then maybe someone to back up Ndidi.

Lol no way! Two title wins on the last day on the same page :D Yours seems even more dramatic! You've been raving about this Niko Milenkovic fella for 2 editions now, lol. He's on my list of potential signings, but I have Demiral and Todibo as the two I really want, maybe if I miss out on one I'll take Niko as the cheaper option. I would imagine Demiral and Todibo would each cost big bucks.

6 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Great, I'm happy for you mate :)

Lol no way! Two title wins on the last day on the same page :D Yours seems even more dramatic! You've been raving about this Niko Milenkovic fella for 2 editions now, lol. He's on my list of potential signings, but I have Demiral and Todibo as the two I really want, maybe if I miss out on one I'll take Niko as the cheaper option. I would imagine Demiral and Todibo would each cost big bucks.

Both on goal difference as well.

Demiral does look very good, if you can get him for a good price be excellent signing. But yea Milenkovic is one of my favourite players to use over the last 2 fm’s, always very solid for me, a lot of good attributes and is pretty cheap. 

19 hours ago, BigV said:

Wrong screenshot?

No.
I just want to post table and describe the way that we finished season. But if you want stats here you go

image.png.1b188a9cd1955f47ce012a2521d58c50.png

@Gee_Simpson

Actually Milenkovic is solid choice at the RB also, not just as DC. Perfect match up with Upamecano last 2 or 3 FM.

30 minutes ago, milan_manutd said:

No.
I just want to post table and describe the way that we finished season. But if you want stats here you go

Oh sweet, thought you was gonna post the game instead cause of the way you drescribed it, GG.

Hows diallo looking for you? 

23 hours ago, BigV said:

Oh sweet, thought you was gonna post the game instead cause of the way you drescribed it, GG.

Hows diallo looking for you? 

Diallo is backup for backup, if I may say so. He scored hattrick against Watford in PL, and maybe couple of asist, but he is not in my plans. Under 21 is his "quality" so there is no age restriction on him in PL, btw I want to edit that if I can, and also numbers of subs (I already) ask the question on appropriate topic but no answer yet. To many "small injuries" also distract me from giving more playing time to Diallo. 

Got myself a bunch of young talents, on first transfer window in summer of 2020. , on all positions and I decided not to buy any players. Almada, Rovella, Palacios, Gnoto, Reynar, Savio, Badiaschiele, Calafiori, Arezo, plus ours kids Chong, Garner, Tuanzebe, Jurado, Hanibal, Shoretire,...

Anyone have Ethan Galbraith/Dylan Levitt  around first team, they have nice PA?

1 hour ago, milan_manutd said:

Under 21 is his "quality" so there is no age restriction on him in PL, btw I want to edit that if I can, and also numbers of subs (I already) ask the question on appropriate topic but no answer yet.

I couldn't find your question in Editor section.  What exactly are you trying to do?  This is my first year fiddling with Advanced Rules.  No promises, but I might be able to help you.

5 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

One more thing. This is just ridiculous. Rashford played only 13 games scored 7 goals and 2 asist and there is no place for him in England team. 

Rash.jpg

rash1.jpg

Rashford hasn’t been getting in the England team for about a season on mine, no idea why considering he’s been excellent for me.

14 hours ago, DominicForza said:

I couldn't find your question in Editor section.  What exactly are you trying to do?  This is my first year fiddling with Advanced Rules.  No promises, but I might be able to help you.

I posted here 

2 days ago I played UEFA CL final it was 12 subs so maybe they fix it, but in PL is still 7.

So I am currently on my third season. Real Madrid bought Martial for £200.000.000, after he had two absolutely stupendous seasons, averaging over one goal every 90 minutes.
I went out and bought Ansu Fati for £94.000.000, and as you can see here, he hasn't had much trouble filling Martial's shoes. :)

20210129184738_1.jpg

Edited by Plektrum

8 hours ago, Plektrum said:

So I am currently on my third season. Real Madrid bought Martial for £200.000.000, after he had two absolutely stupendous seasons, averaging over one goal every 90 minutes.
I went out and bought Ansu Fati for £94.000.000, and as you can see here, he hasn't had much trouble filling Martial's shoes. :)

20210129184738_1.jpg

Woow, what role are you using your striker(s) in and what formation?

17 hours ago, Plektrum said:

20210129184738_1.jpg

What monster have you created here then? :D

Those mentals for a 19 year old are crazy, same with technical and physical. Wonder if fati can get any better, get that work rate up and you'll have a God on your hand 

15 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Woow, what role are you using your striker(s) in and what formation?

AF, in a a somewhat generic 4-2-3-1. I'll probably post it later, when I'm at the PC. 
EDIT: Here is a link to the tactic: 

6 hours ago, BigV said:

What monster have you created here then? :D

Those mentals for a 19 year old are crazy, same with technical and physical. Wonder if fati can get any better, get that work rate up and you'll have a God on your hand 

Yeah, Barca have developed him well. I went looking for a player with similar stats to Martial, and as Fati is very young, he might hit even bigger heights 😊

Edited by Plektrum

So season 4 summer window is done. Now after winning the treble, I said I was going to freshen up the squad, start a new cycle and give some of the youngsters a chance. So its been a busy summer, mainly selling and here is my business.

2067881294_s4transfers.thumb.png.f26b0a0b0b159b02dcec5416ae21af4d.png

Alot of outs and big money. After seeing someone selling Martial for 200 mil, only getting 52 seems terrible now :lol:. Mctominay going to Newcastle for 56 mil was the biggest surprise, as they had just been relegated. De Gea and Pogba had both been really good for me, but with them both on over 300k a week, I felt was the right time to move them on. Another reason for moving De Gea on was so I could make Henderson no 1.

So the ins, Cooke is a regen gk, there is a screenshot below. Upamecano comes in to bolster the defence, I did want Bastoni but he was asking for ridiculous wages so I turned him down. Bennacer wasn't planned, we had a terrible start which I will share further down and I felt I had to bring someone else in to improve the midfield.

So with all the sales, and not many brought in, the youngsters I am planning on using are Williams, Hannibal, Shoretire, a young regen Garratt, another regen Cortes who I brought from Lyon, and then will continue my development of Garner and DIallo.

This is Cooke, my now back up keeper.

cooke.thumb.png.5cc5ca16943cc3c902b2d7799bd5009f.png

This is Garratt, he came through the youth intake in season 1 and has developed fairly well so far.

garrett.thumb.png.f19f8c7d056f9e0b3c7c0a378ec9f613.png

Cortes brought from Lyon.

cortes.thumb.png.669869a2452141ca8c8c295f7fe9f3a8.png

Finally if anyone remembers, I brought Pat Dunne is season 3, he is on loan this season but this is what he looks like.

dunne.thumb.png.d360090ee6edc9a0f1a87653fe203b9a.png

Now with alot more youngsters around the 1st team, I'm not expecting to win the league, this is more of a rebuilding season getting this players ready for the seasons ahead. However I didn't expect to have this bad of a start.

1127723987_s4start.png.231246c596951f23e8327b03b379895c.png

I wasn't too fussed with losing the 2 cup games, but meaning I didn't win in 4 games wasn't ideal. I then brought in Bennacer and apart from the 4-3 loss to Chelsea, its been alot better. We have got ourselves upto 2nd, about 6 points behind Liverpool.

A couple things to note, Pep sacked at the end of season 3, and even though Liverpool still haven't won anything Klopp is still in charge. Also my under 23s have won the Papa John's trophy 3 seasons running, and my under 18s have won the FA youth cup 3 seasons running as well, so that's quite nice.

This is Garratt, he came through the youth intake in season 1 and has developed fairly well so far.

Wow, that guy looks class and easily a replacement for pogba it seems, 20 flair and high det and decision making, perfect.

Cortes brought from Lyon.

As good as this guy looks, i'd struggle to find where to play him, f9 seems the best position but as an IW or IF it seems you could build him up. 16 Heading is scary for a wide player, wide target man or maybe target man? So many different options, I'd love to see how he does when trained as a complete forward, think he'd absolutely become a world beater come age of 24-27 

3 hours ago, BigV said:

Wow, that guy looks class and easily a replacement for pogba it seems, 20 flair and high det and decision making, perfect.

When he came through the youth intake, he didn’t look that great, there were a couple better than him. But while the others haven’t developed very well, he’s developed incredibly well.

He’s played in 2 champs league games, as we qualified from the group early and he scored in both.

3 hours ago, BigV said:

As good as this guy looks, i'd struggle to find where to play him, f9 seems the best position but as an IW or IF it seems you could build him up. 16 Heading is scary for a wide player, wide target man or maybe target man? So many different options, I'd love to see how he does when trained as a complete forward, think he'd absolutely become a world beater come age of 24-27 

Yea I’m not 100% sure what I’m gonna do with Cortes yet, but just had to buy him and get him in.

6 hours ago, sedge11 said:

When he came through the youth intake, he didn’t look that great, there were a couple better than him. But while the others haven’t developed very well, he’s developed incredibly well.

He’s played in 2 champs league games, as we qualified from the group early and he scored in both.

Winning mentality of the manager that ;)

6 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Yea I’m not 100% sure what I’m gonna do with Cortes yet, but just had to buy him and get him in.

I'd say moneyball but big clubs dont do that, stick him in u23's for a while and then loan him and see how he fares. Just so weird seeing 16 heading for a wide player lol 

I start season 4, main problem is happiness of some players which is unexplained to me. Beat Liverpool 2:0, draw with Fulham and against biter rival City I was trailing 0:1 when I made 3 subs included Almada 76min in and 78min out injured. FT 3:1 to City 

Try to see how he got injured in less than 2 minutes but can't find Match Report with comentary min by min - is that removed or I'm to stupid to find it?

almada in and out.jpg

Has anyone used Joe Hugill?

I've been using these 3 in the first season and considering their age they have been fantastic. 

Currently Joe has 8 goals in 14 games. Very good return considering he's only 17. Due to his age he still has plenty of developing to do so I'm excited to see how good he can become.

And Hannibal just scored a hattrick against Man City in the FA Cup final

Edited by the SLC
update

Just starting a Man Utd save. Any suggestions on how to organise the staff?

Nick Cox looks decent as HoYD, but I've read he isn't the greatest due to reputation etc. Bruno Conti has already turned me down.

Do you usually change the scouts at all? 29 when only allowed 16 seems to be bloating the department. Would like to bring in a few more world-class scouts, but I wouldn't be able to bring any in until I reduce below 16 which doesn't seem likely.

On 06/02/2021 at 16:56, milan_manutd said:

Remembered that you asked. Just not sure what to do?!

amad.jpg

Tough, i'd let him go if he isnt great or just a bystander in your team if you find a replacement that is.

1 hour ago, McClane29 said:

Nick Cox looks decent as HoYD, but I've read he isn't the greatest due to reputation etc. Bruno Conti has already turned me down.

Do you usually change the scouts at all? 29 when only allowed 16 seems to be bloating the department. Would like to bring in a few more world-class scouts, but I wouldn't be able to bring any in until I reduce below 16 which doesn't seem likely.

First season i get all the players I need in first and then use the leftovers for the wages for getting staff. Try and upgrade to around 4*-5* in every area, 2 Coaches per area for me.

I reduce them over time, get rid of the low rep ones and get rid of lower rated CA/PA ones but only If replacements are possible that are better cause its usually the ones that go outside the scouting areas like asian/africa and small areas. 

Got rid of cox straight away, got in a regen around november who looks great but only time will tell and he has 3* rep so i guess we'll see. 

On 08/02/2021 at 12:43, BigV said:

Tough, i'd let him go if he isnt great or just a bystander in your team if you find a replacement that is.

I didn't. Want to give him a proper chance cause he's still very young.

Although I have replacement in Chong or Nico Serranoo even Savio or Reyner. Main problem is to many players, I just can't refuse to buy wonderkids at the start of the game.

Sancho isn't showing stats that I've expected.

I always test my tactics on FM Touch with instant result before I start proper in the full fat game. I was absolutely smashing teams with my tactic, Cavani had like 12 goals in 5 games. I think I'm 6 games into season 1 and I have 7 points, already 8 behind Liverpool in 1st. It's been an absolute disaster and I don't understand why it's went so wrong?

3 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I always test my tactics on FM Touch with instant result before I start proper in the full fat game. I was absolutely smashing teams with my tactic, Cavani had like 12 goals in 5 games. I think I'm 6 games into season 1 and I have 7 points, already 8 behind Liverpool in 1st. It's been an absolute disaster and I don't understand why it's went so wrong?

Pre season feels like pre season, such a big difference. Could be morale, could be the team, could be the tactics. It also differs from touch and bigger version imo, 

10 minutes ago, BigV said:

Pre season feels like pre season, such a big difference. Could be morale, could be the team, could be the tactics. It also differs from touch and bigger version imo, 

Nah it wasn't pre season, it was into an actual season on FM Touch. I've heard the ME is exactly the same on FM Touch so I don't understand why it's not working now.

5 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Nah it wasn't pre season, it was into an actual season on FM Touch. I've heard the ME is exactly the same on FM Touch so I don't understand why it's not working now.

might have to dwelve into your tactics, mind posting them in here or via DM? might be worth posting in tactics thread too. Strange. 

On 08/02/2021 at 09:38, McClane29 said:

Nick Cox looks decent as HoYD, but I've read he isn't the greatest due to reputation etc

I have kept Cox, 5 seasons in and I've got a few decent players through the youth intakes.

I have 1 in the 1st team from my very 1st youth intake, and I have 2 in the under 23's that are coming through and are going to be pushing for the 1st team. I think that's pretty good going from 4 youth intakes.

2 hours ago, BigV said:

might have to dwelve into your tactics, mind posting them in here or via DM? might be worth posting in tactics thread too. Strange. 

This is what I have been using so far:

Screenshot_858.png

1st XI is usually:

De Gea

AWB Maguire Lindelof Telles

Pogba Fred

Greenwood Fernandes Rashford

Martial

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Been a little while since posted. Season 4 is complete and season 5 is well under way. So sorry for the long post but there's abit to cover.

So after a treble in season 3, season 4 started badly and unfortunately didn't get much better.

We lost our league title.

2124358577_season4table.thumb.png.f459ca08589420018372cfc475077769.png

There were some positives though, we ended the season quite well and were unbeaten in the last 15 games of the season. Hendo in is 1st season as no1 got the golden glove, and Bruno and Belotti again were excellent.

We also made it to a champs league final.

1911712078_champsloses4.thumb.png.f7402977156794f22f034256e807bad5.png

But lost and Pogba annoyingly scored against us. To be fair Madrid have an amazing team.

We also lost in the semi final of the FA cup. So after 3 successful seasons we had our 1st trophy less season. I look at it 2 ways, I was incredibly disappointed and am determined not to let it happen again, but at the same time I like that the save threw up some difficult moments and made it competitive.

This was the season stats for season 4.

1349109244_season4stats.thumb.png.fb9b9511f8d62b219b32639c81cc7a97.png

Shaw another great season and was top performer, I don't think I need to say anymore about Bruno. Rashford had a poor season though, just didn't fire really.

Now straight onto season 5 and transfers.

1875789752_s5transfers.thumb.png.a4a9f7eefc5e90d3105047db557bc69a.png

Tuanzebe and VDB just weren't playing enough and I got decent money for them, and Maguire I felt at 31-32 was best to move him on.

Now we spent big, Kulusevski my most expensive signing ever I think. I brought him on my original save in the 1st season and I struggled with him, but he's developed into an absolute beast on this save and I had to get him, I literally spent 6 months scouting him and going to the games. Rice and Pavard come in to give us more quality and options.

Now I have said on a few posts, that we tend to be slow starters and lose an early game or 2, not this season :herman:, season 5 has started with a bang.

265659359_s5start.png.81e12c63fc2115486e01ed1a0c76a862.png

We have been unstoppable. Kulusevski and Greenwood in particular are shining.

On a little side note, I fancied a change in kits, I haven't got a kit pack and don't usually bother but I wanted a new look. So I spoke to a bloke who does kits, and send him some ideas for a retro look and this is what he did for me and that I am now using.

1976985361_newkits.png.3874d510db3abf567d9c81dfc516bd7f.png

They look incredible. Not sure if am allowed to share his site, if someone says I can I will more than happily share, as he's top notch.

Edited by sedge11

17 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

This is what I have been using so far:

Screenshot_858.png

1st XI is usually:

De Gea

AWB Maguire Lindelof Telles

Pogba Fred

Greenwood Fernandes Rashford

Martial

Hmm id say its more of a form thing or morale thing more than anything although using a rpm next to a dlp on defend is a bit meh but given the team it should work in general. 

12 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Been a little while since posted. Season 4 is complete and season 5 is well under way. So sorry for the long post but there's abit to cover.

So after a treble in season 3, season 4 started badly and unfortunately didn't get much better.

There were some positives though, we ended the season quite well and were unbeaten in the last 15 games of the season. Hendo in is 1st season as no1 got the golden glove, and Bruno and Belotti again were excellent.

But lost and Pogba annoyingly scored against us. To be fair Madrid have an amazing team.

We also lost in the semi final of the FA cup. So after 3 successful seasons we had our 1st trophy less season. I look at it 2 ways, I was incredibly disappointed and am determined not to let it happen again, but at the same time I like that the save threw up some difficult moments and made it competitive.

Shaw another great season and was top performer, I don't think I need to say anymore about Bruno. Rashford had a poor season though, just didn't fire really.

Tuanzebe and VDB just weren't playing enough and I got decent money for them, and Maguire I felt at 31-32 was best to move him on.

Now we spent big, Kulusevski my most expensive signing ever I think. I brought him on my original save in the 1st season and I struggled with him, but he's developed into an absolute beast on this save and I had to get him, I literally spent 6 months scouting him and going to the games. Rice and Pavard come in to give us more quality and options.

Now I have said on a few posts, that we tend to be slow starters and lose an early game or 2, not this season :herman:, season 5 has started with a bang.

On a little side note, I fancied a change in kits, I haven't got a kit pack and don't usually bother but I wanted a new look. So I spoke to a bloke who does kits, and send him some ideas for a retro look and this is what he did for me and that I am now using.

They look incredible. Not sure if am allowed to share his site, if someone says I can I will more than happily share, as he's top notch.

For some reason recently the mods on here do not allow people to post links to other websites. Not even FM fanmade websites. I just thought you would want to know just in case.

15 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

For some reason recently the mods on here do not allow people to post links to other websites. Not even FM fanmade websites. I just thought you would want to know just in case.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. That’s why didn’t post to post the website without asking.

Just now, sedge11 said:

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. That’s why didn’t post to post the website without asking.

Yeah I can't imagine it wasn't a decision they took lightly as they knew people wouldn't be happy but its probably something to do with copyright laws zzzzz. 

Its a shame really but that is life.

1 hour ago, BigV said:

Hmm id say its more of a form thing or morale thing more than anything although using a rpm next to a dlp on defend is a bit meh but given the team it should work in general. 

I was aiming for some sort of creative triangle between the 3 playmakers, with them dominating the middle of the pitch. I'm sometimes using a BBM instead of the RPM. I think I was handed a bad start fixtures wise, so I'll keep going for now, unless I get sacked 😅

On 09/02/2021 at 17:52, sedge11 said:

Gorgeous kits!  Especially the Home and Away kits.  Thanks for putting a smile on my face. 

You can use the Pre-Game editor to change the colors of the Text box.   I'm using a mix of kits from different seasons.  So no Zebra in an Earthquake monstrosity 3rd kit for me!   

Edited by DominicForza
typo

Again not the start I wanted, in first 5 rounds  City, Liverpool and Arsenal!!!!, with 0:0 against Fulham. Almost everybody turn against me, atmosphere was awful but with just one move I manage to turn around in my favor.  Just give Milenkovic more minutes on DR instead of AWB and result is 4 games without concede (Leeds, Chelsea,Spurs, Real Madrid) and 3:2 win vs Dinamo Kyev but with third team and in the last game after we already secured first position.  More solid defense was something to build on couple of good results. Baily instead Maguire, Upamecano coming back after injury,...

Many small injuries that make big impact on starting 11 and on results in general. Can't wait for 1st january to sell some players that are unhappy and that are going down with form (Maguire, Depay, even B.Fernandes...)

5 hours ago, BigV said:

You'll be worst than Moyes and LVG trying to play football the right way and getting sacked :D

Thankfully things are looking up now, I sit 5th in January (sounds bad but I was as far down as 11th at one point!) but I have a game in hand on 4th placed Chelsea who I'm a point behind. I'm 5 points off 2nd placed City so my plan is just to get into the top 4 and rebuild in the summer. Remember I disabled the first window so I have had a threadbare squad at times, especially with Rashford being out at the start of the season and then Martial got injured too. I have had to use Daniel James quite a lot and he's not great, he's already directly given away 2 goals by misplacing a pass each time, his decision making is horrendous 😅

I was struggling to get my strikers to fire but lowering the LOE seems to have helped. Martial had like 1 goal in 11 games then proceeds to score 4 in 1 game (perfect hattrick too) after I lowered the LOE from higher to standard. Seems there's no space in behind defences on higher LOE with Utd because teams camp in their own half. I really should have fixed this issue earlier in the season, and funny thing is my reason for trying a lower LOE was not to help my striker score goals, it was to help my team defensively lol so I probably would be none the wiser if I hadn't tried lowering the LOE, Martial would still be struggling to score goals :lol:

4 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Thankfully things are looking up now, I sit 5th in January (sounds bad but I was as far down as 11th at one point!) but I have a game in hand on 4th placed Chelsea who I'm a point behind. I'm 5 points off 2nd placed City so my plan is just to get into the top 4 and rebuild in the summer. Remember I disabled the first window so I have had a threadbare squad at times, especially with Rashford being out at the start of the season and then Martial got injured too. I have had to use Daniel James quite a lot and he's not great, he's already directly given away 2 goals by misplacing a pass each time, his decision making is horrendous 😅

I was struggling to get my strikers to fire but lowering the LOE seems to have helped. Martial had like 1 goal in 11 games then proceeds to score 4 in 1 game (perfect hattrick too) after I lowered the LOE from higher to standard. Seems there's no space in behind defences on higher LOE with Utd because teams camp in their own half. I really should have fixed this issue earlier in the season, and funny thing is my reason for trying a lower LOE was not to help my striker score goals, it was to help my team defensively lol so I probably would be none the wiser if I hadn't tried lowering the LOE, Martial would still be struggling to score goals :lol:

Glad to hear, yeah with the team you have top 6 should be priority maybe top 4, anything else is a bonus and money for next seasons budget. 

Funny thing is, ive made dan james into my super sub, his pace just bursts past players and does some sleek crossing or just outpaces and gets in the box and scores. Hes had 3 starts for me with 12 sub appearances and hes scored 4 and assisted 8 :D ive made him into a God on mine but somehow his attributes say otherwise...

You see thats the logic i would apply but i started it on standard LOE and he wasnt scoring, pushed it higher and moves his role to AF and scored 12 goals in 5 games, like wtf :D

13 minutes ago, BigV said:

Glad to hear, yeah with the team you have top 6 should be priority maybe top 4, anything else is a bonus and money for next seasons budget. 

Funny thing is, ive made dan james into my super sub, his pace just bursts past players and does some sleek crossing or just outpaces and gets in the box and scores. Hes had 3 starts for me with 12 sub appearances and hes scored 4 and assisted 8 :D ive made him into a God on mine but somehow his attributes say otherwise...

You see thats the logic i would apply but i started it on standard LOE and he wasnt scoring, pushed it higher and moves his role to AF and scored 12 goals in 5 games, like wtf :D

Ah I thought I was underachieving but maybe not now as it stands. I've found James plays best as a winger on the right hand side, is that where you are playing him? I used him as a W (A) on FM20 and he was great at times vs the weaker sides, but went missing against good opposition. I'm not playing him like that on this version so he hasn't done as good.

Lol that's so weird how we've experienced the opposite :lol: I suppose it could be different mentality and/or roles and duties that's affecting things.

On 08/02/2021 at 09:38, McClane29 said:

I'd say stick with him for the first two intakes, and if you're not happy with the newgens that have come through just let his contract expire at the end of the second season. I've just had my second intake and I was happy enough with it to renew his contract. 

As for the scouts, you need to reduce them to about 24 I think before you can ask the board to increase the number and they should accept. Off the top of my head the guys to get rid of are Bout, Bormann, Donnelly (or Prizant if he's worse), de Souza, Ruiz, George, Tamura, De Sisti and Coulter. If that's not enough then Seckinger and Ferreira are also expendable IMO. 

6 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Ah I thought I was underachieving but maybe not now as it stands. I've found James plays best as a winger on the right hand side, is that where you are playing him? I used him as a W (A) on FM20 and he was great at times vs the weaker sides, but went missing against good opposition. I'm not playing him like that on this version so he hasn't done as good.

Lol that's so weird how we've experienced the opposite :lol: I suppose it could be different mentality and/or roles and duties that's affecting things.

Yup right side W-S but with PI run further forward, i have run at defense on too when he comes on, its just the spring you need at the end of the game and with his work rate he does what you need him too, if his mentals were slightly better within or around 12-14 then he'd be a great player. 

I assume so, would be weird if it wasnt. Positive in a 4231, i had a struggle working with martial starts if season and then it just clicked when i changed it. Pre season he was an abolsute beast, only downside is his ratings hit around 6.6+. Cavani i use as a poacher and not once has he got below 6.8, 

For those of you who brought in Depay on a free, how long did it take until he was willing to talk about a deal and were a host of other clubs interested like Barca, Liverpool etc?

I'm in March 2021 and he still isn't interested in talking as he wants to wait nearer the end of his deal, same thing happening with Thauvin.