[FM21] Manchester United: A club stuck in transition

BigV

15 hours ago, Smaldini said:

I play him as a Right-Back, and on the few occasions he's played as a Wing-Back he's done well there too. I haven't tried him in midfield but he looks like he could be a good DLP. 

8858YfH.png

Gqaob2b.png

Decent, thanks a lot!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Has anyone who's started on the new update finding Bruno doesn't shoot/score as often he would before hand?

Still carrying on the way he plays for me, played about 5 games the day the patch came out and was one of my better players. 

1 minute ago, BigV said:

Still carrying on the way he plays for me, played about 5 games the day the patch came out and was one of my better players. 

Don't get me wrong I'm only in preseason near the end of it and has scored 4 but either been free kicks or penalties. Even when he hasn't scored he's still been one of the better players if not the best in the matches he played even if it was coming on for last 30 minutes. On the save I had before the winter window patch he was only 5 goals behind my top scorer in first season in around March. This is my second save on the latest patch as forgot to do staff and the ones I want had either agreed new terms with current club or moved on the bosman free. Just feel he should be able to score more from open play than 0 in 7 lol maybe being bit too impatient being in preseason still but even on the first save on the new save I'd gotten around October/November and hadn't scored anything from what I remember

51 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Don't get me wrong I'm only in preseason near the end of it and has scored 4 but either been free kicks or penalties. Even when he hasn't scored he's still been one of the better players if not the best in the matches he played even if it was coming on for last 30 minutes. On the save I had before the winter window patch he was only 5 goals behind my top scorer in first season in around March. This is my second save on the latest patch as forgot to do staff and the ones I want had either agreed new terms with current club or moved on the bosman free. Just feel he should be able to score more from open play than 0 in 7 lol maybe being bit too impatient being in preseason still but even on the first save on the new save I'd gotten around October/November and hadn't scored anything from what I remember

I felt that way from the first patch to the 2nd, found more through balls in the middle and more "risky" passes being made that were birlliant and not seen nearly as much as that but i went back through the games and teams just figured out how I played and shut up shop through the middle so the likes of bruno couldnt do that. 

Pre season is a whole different ball park, you can play gash or play brilliant and it wont matter, im sure he'll turn up sooner or later and if not maybe change up his role 

Yeah the first patch had similar out comes too. I'll give him half a season then start criticising his goal output after several matches. Yeah I made preseasons games this time against tougher opposition on purpose to try and get a better result when against bigger teams in competitive games in the season. 

Yeah not sure what else to play him in the system I play with it being a short tempo and short passing 4-3-3 DM Wide possession. Yeah I haven't selected any "focus down the left/right or centre" but that could be a option to try if he don't have a good start after a few months into the save I could try 

Not easy to get rid of Matic. Valencia did show interest but no bids so i did ask for a swap with Yunus Musah and they did accept. Might be silly but at least his wages are off the books.

Considering restarting again as Rashford has now had his head turned by Madrid and he won't enter contract talks, really worried we will lose him, and he's at his peak. Oh, and Haaland wasn't interested in a move to us but now he is, unfortunately PSG want 300m for him which isn't happening! City want similar for Martinez so both are out of my reach, but luckily Greenwood has turned into a monster, he now has 18 pace so he's absolutely rapid and just scored a hat trick vs Arsenal away in a 1-5 demolition. That result against Arsenal is the biggest sign we have improved and are a different prospect altogether now, we weren't doing that in season 1 or 2. Unfortunately Martial has dropped off massively from last season and has lost a bit of pace too which is frustrating, he doesn't train well and has barely developed, in some ways he's declined attributes wise. Just imagine, Haaland and Greenwood as the available strikers :eek:. As I said before, I'm really happy with my squad but still considering starting over once the final data update hits. We are Man Utd, so it's not exactly hard to build the team back up again. I did just bring in Belotti to see if he would offer me something different, but I can't see him being a good alternative to Haaland :D

@BigV I haven't regretted bringing in Skriniar this time around, the guy is an absolute beast! Been my best CB by a mile, although he has a half decent partner in Demiral :lol: Check out Demiral, what a beast he's become:

1434235784_Screenshot(1043).thumb.png.887a021deab3bc02e9556f2bb2e6a4fb.png

Sancho on the other hand has been poor and I do regret going for him again. He has great attributes but doesn't play to his capabilities, really unimpressed.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

start of season 3 and Neymar is transfer listed. I took my time in deciding to but in a bid which i eventually did once i realised the window was closing soon. Offered him a contract which he declined. Glad in a way as im not really a fan of his but then i know its just a game and hes good on it. although it doesnt matter any way as he declined the offer

9 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Considering restarting again as Rashford has now had his head turned by Madrid and he won't enter contract talks, really worried we will lose him, and he's at his peak. Oh, and Haaland wasn't interested in a move to us but now he is, unfortunately PSG want 300m for him which isn't happening! City want similar for Martinez so both are out of my reach, but luckily Greenwood has turned into a monster, he now has 18 pace so he's absolutely rapid and just scored a hat trick vs Arsenal away in a 1-5 demolition. That result against Arsenal is the biggest sign we have improved and are a different prospect altogether now, we weren't doing that in season 1 or 2. Unfortunately Martial has dropped off massively from last season and has lost a bit of pace too which is frustrating, he doesn't train well and has barely developed, in some ways he's declined attributes wise. Just imagine, Haaland and Greenwood as the available strikers :eek:. As I said before, I'm really happy with my squad but still considering starting over once the final data update hits. We are Man Utd, so it's not exactly hard to build the team back up again. I did just bring in Belotti to see if he would offer me something different, but I can't see him being a good alternative to Haaland :D

@BigV I haven't regretted bringing in Skriniar this time around, the guy is an absolute beast! Been my best CB by a mile, although he has a half decent partner in Demiral :lol: Check out Demiral, what a beast he's become:

1434235784_Screenshot(1043).thumb.png.887a021deab3bc02e9556f2bb2e6a4fb.png

Sancho on the other hand has been poor and I do regret going for him again. He has great attributes but doesn't play to his capabilities, really unimpressed.

How much did you pay for Demiral? Looks impressive.

He just makes that backline so calm and clear, only one defender has ever done that for me and he was a regen in fm17 and most of his defensive stats for CB ranged from 16-19.

His partner is a better Bailly :D good mentals although the top end of it looks like he loves a good challenge, yellow card gallore? 

Im going for him in the summer but from the last few years ive not seen him do well, surely he's on the worldclass scale atm so surely he'd be able to perform close to what he should be able to. I need a winger and not many players are great as a winger on the right and if they are, then they've either singed a new contract or they want over 80m

11 hours ago, Vizzini said:

@Gee_Simpson When does Rashfords contract expire? If he has more than a year left I would not be worried. 

I'm nearly in February 2023 and his contract expires June 2024. When he's being linked to Madrid in the press it comes up saying he's extremely interested in the move.

8 hours ago, krisdonna said:

How much did you pay for Demiral? Looks impressive.

He cost me 43m which is definitely a bargain now.

7 hours ago, BigV said:

He just makes that backline so calm and clear, only one defender has ever done that for me and he was a regen in fm17 and most of his defensive stats for CB ranged from 16-19.

His partner is a better Bailly :D good mentals although the top end of it looks like he loves a good challenge, yellow card gallore? 

Yeah he's definitely won me over on this version of the game. If I did restart, he would be the first CB I go for.

Demiral picks up the odd yellow from time to time but not too many, probably because he has good decisions.

7 hours ago, BigV said:

Im going for him in the summer but from the last few years ive not seen him do well, surely he's on the worldclass scale atm so surely he'd be able to perform close to what he should be able to. I need a winger and not many players are great as a winger on the right and if they are, then they've either singed a new contract or they want over 80m

I've tried him in 3 different positions and he's disappointed in all of them so far. I think I'll try give him an extended run in the team to see if he can turn things around but so far he's been a bad signing. I paid 90m for him.

48 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I'm nearly in February 2023 and his contract expires June 2024. When he's being linked to Madrid in the press it comes up saying he's extremely interested in the move.

Unless he's come to you to tell you he is wanting to leave for Madrid if they came calling I wouldn't be too worried just yet. Just get him in the team playing well and performing too and then praising him when needed and he should then cool the interest from Madrid. Also if Madrid do come calling in with a bid just negotiate it to extremely unlikely fee to be paid if they pay it you have a good fee for him or if they leave it or reject to renegotiate it then he won't be pissed at you for rejecting it.

44 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I've tried him in 3 different positions and he's disappointed in all of them so far. I think I'll try give him an extended run in the team to see if he can turn things around but so far he's been a bad signing. I paid 90m for him.

Pretty sure I've seen Sancho does take a while to settle so depending on how long ago you signed him may just need more time to settle in to the league and team to perform 

4 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah he's definitely won me over on this version of the game. If I did restart, he would be the first CB I go for.

Demiral picks up the odd yellow from time to time but not too many, probably because he has good decisions.

Glad he's worked out for you :thup:

Hmmm may have to see what i can muster in the market then come summer. Thing is with sancho it fills that HG spot and with marcus edward for me as backup/rotation on that right side, I can get rid of shaw and replace him with that portugese LB nuno mendes. Gives me a few years for telles to age and then sell on to improve nuno to be one of the best LBs in the game. 

36 minutes ago, BigV said:

Glad he's worked out for you :thup:

Hmmm may have to see what i can muster in the market then come summer. Thing is with sancho it fills that HG spot and with marcus edward for me as backup/rotation on that right side, I can get rid of shaw and replace him with that portugese LB nuno mendes. Gives me a few years for telles to age and then sell on to improve nuno to be one of the best LBs in the game. 

Yeah my plan was to go for Edwards too but I was put off going for him from what I read on here, so I went for Gabriel Barbosa instead and he was a disaster. Luckily I managed to sell Barbosa so I got most of the cash back. Unfortunately Aston Villa signed Edwards and they now want 60 to 80m for him and there's no way I'm paying that. In all honesty I reckon I'll finish this season and then start again when the last update is released.

My tactic is working really well now, I knew it would take a while to work as it uses 3 playmakers in the middle so it needs quality players to pull off. It's just the whole process of going through it again, building the team up to the level I have it at now, it's taken me 3 seasons and we are above Liverpool by 10 points with a game in hand and we've only played 15 games in season 3. City will be our closest challengers this season but they are dropping points, so I can't see us losing the title now although there's a long way to go. First two seasons was just making sure I got top four, I finished 4th in season one and 2nd in season two, 4 points behind Liverpool.

I suppose it just depends how much I want Haaland. I could save up and offer them 300m but there's no way I'm paying that lol. I don't think I would be able to pay 200m either, I think anything over 100m is pushing it, just feels like I'm better off starting over if I want him. There's certainly a few players I would avoid next time, Bennacer looks good on paper but he's been very average for me. Gaetano Castrovilli looks slightly worse on paper than Bennacer but the guy is brilliant, such a good player. Demir has been a disappointment for me, he's developing well but his performances don't match up. Thauvin has been excellent, Depay has been useful too, both great value for free transfers and both are worth over 60m. Depay won me the Champions League so I'll always have a soft spot for him now. I'll see what the situation is with Haaland at the end of the season, but I can't see PSG letting him go for anything less than 200m. I practically have the squad I want now, minus Haaland and maybe Edwards, so I won't be making many more signings from now on if I continue. I brought Cristiano Ronaldo back on a free and he has 10 goals in 10 games from the left and right wings :D. He's still absolutely quality and doesn't moan about anything, he's 37 but his 20 natural fitness means he's hardly declining.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Hello Everyone

Regular when it comes to FM. Bit late in getting FM21 this year due to work/life etc

Big Man Utd fan, just bought the game and installing it just now. Looking for advice on squad/transfers/tactics. Any hints and tips would be appreciated. 

Read alot of the pages on this about Man Utd and looks like I have an idea on what formation to play. Maybe just some advice on particular players to sign in first season or 2. 

Thanks

Andy

On 11/03/2021 at 00:36, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah my plan was to go for Edwards too but I was put off going for him from what I read on here, so I went for Gabriel Barbosa instead and he was a disaster. Luckily I managed to sell Barbosa so I got most of the cash back. Unfortunately Aston Villa signed Edwards and they now want 60 to 80m for him and there's no way I'm paying that. In all honesty I reckon I'll finish this season and then start again when the last update is released.

My tactic is working really well now, I knew it would take a while to work as it uses 3 playmakers in the middle so it needs quality players to pull off. It's just the whole process of going through it again, building the team up to the level I have it at now, it's taken me 3 seasons and we are above Liverpool by 10 points with a game in hand and we've only played 15 games in season 3. City will be our closest challengers this season but they are dropping points, so I can't see us losing the title now although there's a long way to go. First two seasons was just making sure I got top four, I finished 4th in season one and 2nd in season two, 4 points behind Liverpool.

I suppose it just depends how much I want Haaland. I could save up and offer them 300m but there's no way I'm paying that lol. I don't think I would be able to pay 200m either, I think anything over 100m is pushing it, just feels like I'm better off starting over if I want him. There's certainly a few players I would avoid next time, Bennacer looks good on paper but he's been very average for me. Gaetano Castrovilli looks slightly worse on paper than Bennacer but the guy is brilliant, such a good player. Demir has been a disappointment for me, he's developing well but his performances don't match up. Thauvin has been excellent, Depay has been useful too, both great value for free transfers and both are worth over 60m. Depay won me the Champions League so I'll always have a soft spot for him now. I'll see what the situation is with Haaland at the end of the season, but I can't see PSG letting him go for anything less than 200m. I practically have the squad I want now, minus Haaland and maybe Edwards, so I won't be making many more signings from now on if I continue. I brought Cristiano Ronaldo back on a free and he has 10 goals in 10 games from the left and right wings :D. He's still absolutely quality and doesn't moan about anything, he's 37 but his 20 natural fitness means he's hardly declining.

He is cheap and i saw he was doing well in a streamers save, so i thought what the heck might aswell buy him, perfect cover up and is a better lingard imo but only if his workrate was better he'd be such a baller.

You see ive always been a stingy git and kept the money in the bank and only buy for when i need it and wouldn't spend a dime of 120m in past versions, might go for a shopping spree come 3rd season or 4th given ill have all my targets by mid 2nd/ start of 3rd. So ill be doing those stupid deals paying 300m for stupid players just to get that feeling :lol: might even buy ronaldo then and stick him in there somewhere aha, surprised with his physicals declining he's going strong still!

3 hours ago, AndyH117 said:

Hello Everyone

Regular when it comes to FM. Bit late in getting FM21 this year due to work/life etc

Big Man Utd fan, just bought the game and installing it just now. Looking for advice on squad/transfers/tactics. Any hints and tips would be appreciated. 

Read alot of the pages on this about Man Utd and looks like I have an idea on what formation to play. Maybe just some advice on particular players to sign in first season or 2. 

Thanks

Andy

Hey Andy, Welcome!

Some handy tips:

• Do everything yourself if you're wanting a long save, that way you're developing the youngsters and keeping contracts quite low compared to stupid figures the AI give if you let them handled contracts
  • Dont overbuy first season imo cause it can screw up what the board want from following seasons, build up but if you think you can win off the bat and go head on go for it (doing it myself atm but i can see a drop off coming around jan feb like I always do xD )
  • RW marcus edwards (if you want rotation option better than lingard), Skriniar- absolute beast and I'd scroll up/go back a page where Madsheep had an awesome first window like season title winning window maybe even UCL. 
  • Develop greenwood, becomes a beast, can play upfront, RW and in CAM

23 hours ago, AndyH117 said:

Hello Everyone

Thanks

Andy

It takes (a lot) of time, and prefferably youtube tutorials to figure out training, set pieces, etc... it also takes some time to figure out tactics, but not as much as training. 

My reccomendations would be focus mostly on your youth players, but for signings I think Håland, Camavinga, Sancho and a good CB.

28 minutes ago, chapperz92 said:

Is it likely that the staffing changes with technical director and football director will be included in the latest patch?

Not on mine think the changes had come after the update release 

26 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

He comes out with some batshit crazy things does old Mike 😂 His interview answers are brilliant to read.

Highlight of my managerial career on fm21 already :lol: cant wait for what else he says. When he retires it'll be a sad day 

I am on my second Utd save. Intended to be my 'long save'. Once again finding it nigh impossible to off load Pogba after season 1. Had the same problem in my first save and thought it might have changed after the update but no. I don't need a big fee for him and would even pay a bit of his wage but nobody is interested. Anyone else have this?

On 16/03/2021 at 23:49, Sean47 said:

I am on my second Utd save. Intended to be my 'long save'. Once again finding it nigh impossible to off load Pogba after season 1. Had the same problem in my first save and thought it might have changed after the update but no. I don't need a big fee for him and would even pay a bit of his wage but nobody is interested. Anyone else have this?

Not gotten that far to have this problem, but when I did on last years he was playing some good football so guess depends on his performances and what is his contract length as think it's runs into the last year after the first season

5 hours ago, Kaylan said:

I've decided to start a new United save, I'm just wondering how do others with the De Gea and Henderson situation? I'm leaning towards trying to get rid of De Gea

Still in first season but wanting to get rid of De gea at somepoint and even sell Hendo, need a better keeper that has better positioning/similar reflexes and better communication- Oblak or Donnarumma for me. 

7 hours ago, BigV said:

Still in first season but wanting to get rid of De gea at somepoint and even sell Hendo, need a better keeper that has better positioning/similar reflexes and better communication- Oblak or Donnarumma for me. 

Yeah I think I'll do that too eventually, I like Hendo, but his wages for someone who's barley playing is unnecessary.

13 hours ago, Kaylan said:

I've decided to start a new United save, I'm just wondering how do others with the De Gea and Henderson situation? I'm leaning towards trying to get rid of De Gea

I made Henderson no 1 and he won world keeper of the year 2 years running and the prem golden glove 2 years running as well.

When I start my new Man Utd save, I plan to do the same again but probably abit sooner so he can develop faster.

12 hours ago, BigV said:

Yeah I feel the same I like my keepers as a Sweeper and De Gea isn't best suited to that role and Henderson is decent but feel passing attribute isn't quite good enough for certain situations 

1 hour ago, Chapman7 said:

Yeah I feel the same I like my keepers as a Sweeper and De Gea isn't best suited to that role and Henderson is decent but feel passing attribute isn't quite good enough for certain situations 

You see im different in a sense but still the same *type* im more traditional in the sense of keepr stays in net and just launches it out wide or hoof it upfield. But i want one who commands his area and has good positional ability cause the last time i had a GK with poor positional play as a sweeper, he got lobbed at least 10 times in the season :lol:

Reflex above 17, positional 14/15+ is a must for me

17 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

De Gea has been excellent for me personally. Saved my ass multiple times, he pulls off some amazing saves.

He's been mostly incredible for me but just doesn't suit the sweeper as much so might come a time he may play awful due to the lack of the role suited to his attributes over the likes of Henderson also his wages are insane too 

4 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

Telles, still, have no mercy. I switch to diamond so without wingers my backs are more offensive but this numbers I didn't expected!

teles.jpg

That's crazy! I've played him more than Shaw but hasn't gotten as much assists as would like

@sedge11

Are you starting over again on the January database? I think I will be too. It looks very much like I'll finally win the league in season 3 as we are miles ahead of everyone. Liverpool have dropped off massively this season, kind of similar to their form irl nowadays :D Despite this, I really want Haaland and it doesn't look likely on this save now he's at PSG, so I reckon I'll be starting over on the updated database. You guys know what I'm like for wanting to be up to date with things :lol: I missed out on Martinez too as mentioned before, but I'm not too bothered about him.

Dunno if there's any point in me continuing my current save to finish season 3, would be nice just to confirm the league win but also seems a bit like a waste of time. If I do start over I won't be disabling the first window this time just so I can overhaul the squad quicker and get it back to the level I had it at on this save.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

22 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

De Gea has been excellent for me personally. Saved my ass multiple times, he pulls off some amazing saves.

Half way though season 1 and he's be awful for me. He's scored 2 own goals and one goal he gifted to the opposite team by just passing to their strikers. I think I'm gonna try play Hendo and get DDG upset to the point he wants to leave.

1 minute ago, Kaylan said:

Half way though season 1 and he's be awful for me. He's scored 2 own goals and one goal he gifted to the opposite team by just passing to their strikers. I think I'm gonna try play Hendo and get DDG upset to the point he wants to leave.

That could back fire with De Gea being a highly influential player in the dynamics 

15 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@sedge11

Are you starting over again on the January database? I think I will be too. It looks very much like I'll finally win the league in season 3 as we are miles ahead of everyone. Liverpool have dropped off massively this season, kind of similar to their form irl nowadays :D Despite this, I really want Haaland and it doesn't look likely on this save now he's at PSG, so I reckon I'll be starting over on the updated database. You guys know what I'm like for wanting to be up to date with things :lol: I missed out on Martinez too as mentioned before, but I'm not too bothered about him.

Dunno if there's any point in me continuing my current save to finish season 3, would be nice just to confirm the league win but also seems a bit like a waste of time. If I do start over I won't be disabling the first window this time just so I can overhaul the squad quicker and get it back to the level I had it at on this save.

I will be starting over yea. It’s mainly because I took a couple weeks off fm then couldn’t get back into my save. When I looked back on the save as well though I did well, I didn’t  think my team was really that good either and think I could do a better job at rebuilding.

I’m currently on a different save, where started at Lyon, but am now at westham. So once that’s done I will be doing a new Man Utd save, probably be a few weeks though.

Well I know you have questioned yourself a couple of times about starting again, generally I find if you feel that way you won’t be able to enjoy your current save, so I would say start over.

15 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@sedge11

C'mon Gee_Simpson, finish season 3 and win the league!  You've put in a lot of hours, enjoy reaping the rewards!

Glad that you're planning on NOT disabling the first window.   It really is the best window to buy.  With ManUtd I generally do a big first window and then TRY to be real disciplined in subsequent seasons adding players.   That's really the biggest Save killer for me - over buying and having a bloat of players.

1 hour ago, Chapman7 said:

Who are the main players people try getting out of the club in first couple seasons? Want to make sure I haven't missed any 

Pogba, DDG in some cases, Rashford thinks hes outgrown the club but you can keep him grounded with playing time. Jones- best thing that can happen and thats it really. 

37 minutes ago, BigV said:

Pogba, DDG in some cases, Rashford thinks hes outgrown the club but you can keep him grounded with playing time. Jones- best thing that can happen and thats it really. 

I got rid of Mata & Romero too, I would’ve got rid of Matic, but at the time I need some rotation midfielders. I’d also get rid of Lingard when he comes back on loan. 

Edited by Kaylan

1 hour ago, Kaylan said:

I got rid of Mata & Romero too, I would’ve got rid of Matic, but at the time I need some rotation midfielders. I’d also get rid of Lingard when he comes back on loan. 

People sleep on mata, you want someone conisistant or rotated in cup games he's your guy, I've kept him, 13 games 5goals 8 assists, does great every FM save ive done with united and a good seller at around 20-30m.

Good choices tbf, yeah i got rid of lingard and bought marcus edwards, by far the better player but not as fit so have to use him accordingly. 

3 hours ago, BigV said:

Did anyone renew Pogba's contract then? Yeah Rashford had that on his profile or thinking he should consider moving to a bigger club but think it may have gone since we moved to 1st or 2nd. Jones I'm waiting for him to recover from the injury he has at the start of the save as he has requested a transfer so hopefully it will make it easier for him to be sold with him being open to more clubs hopefully.

2 hours ago, Kaylan said:

Romero has leaving on a free at the start on the winter update so I have had in reserves since the preseason as couldn't find anyone to take him. Mata I think I may keep for another season as he has been quite a decent performer even though not always a starter and still contributes goals and assists.

1 hour ago, BigV said:

People sleep on mata, you want someone conisistant or rotated in cup games he's your guy, I've kept him, 13 games 5goals 8 assists, does great every FM save ive done with united and a good seller at around 20-30m.

Good choices tbf, yeah i got rid of lingard and bought marcus edwards, by far the better player but not as fit so have to use him accordingly. 

8 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Well I know you have questioned yourself a couple of times about starting again, generally I find if you feel that way you won’t be able to enjoy your current save, so I would say start over.

Yeah I'm pretty much set on restarting now 👍🏻

8 hours ago, DominicForza said:

C'mon Gee_Simpson, finish season 3 and win the league!  You've put in a lot of hours, enjoy reaping the rewards!

Glad that you're planning on NOT disabling the first window.   It really is the best window to buy.  With ManUtd I generally do a big first window and then TRY to be real disciplined in subsequent seasons adding players.   That's really the biggest Save killer for me - over buying and having a bloat of players.

I'm going to finish it then start over again 👍🏻 These last few in game months will be like a trial period for Jadon Sancho as he's massively disappointed so far. If he doesn't perform in the remaining months then I will go for Kulusevski in my new save instead. I think Kulusevski would fit into my tactic more anyway due to me having both wide players cutting inside.

I've also bloated the squad, especially in the central midfield area. I bought Bennacer but barely use him as despite being slightly worse on paper, Gaetano Castrovilli is amazing and easily outperforms Bennacer. It's got to the point where I can't even fit certain players on the bench, that's when I know I've bloated the squad. I think for my new save I will stick to the 2 players per position rule, so I don't go overboard. 

Yeah I'm definitely keeping the first window open this time, mostly so I can catch up quicker in terms of squad strength. It's taken me 3 seasons to be mostly happy with my squad, this way it should take two instead. How many do you tend to bring in during the first window? I do have attribute masking on though but that shouldn't affect me much as the players I'm going for are known quantities to me, I mostly know their attributes anyway. Not 100% certain who I'm going for in the first window, debating whether I should go for Lautaro Martinez or not, but I'm leaning towards not going for him as I think Greenwood is better up top than out wide, and I definitely plan on bringing in Haaland but doubt that will be first season. So probably will end up Haaland first choice and Greenwood second choice striker. Martinez looks great on paper but it may be a little overkill going for both him and Haaland? Martial is pretty good but Greenwood has ended up overtaking him for me so I will be moving Martial on when I can. Having Haaland, Greenwood, Martinez would have me sorted up top but that's 3 players for one position in my 4231.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

After having seen the game against Leicester, I'm heavily inclined to start a save with United as final save instead of Barcelona.

Interesting to see people would want to offload Pogba. I'd personally keep him because he is still class in terms of attributes on paper, but naturally it's to be seen whether it's the same in practice.

Think I'll start and go through pre-season and see before deciding. There's a lot of talent there and definitely some quality (Most notably Fernandes and Rashford) but there's plenty of work to be done.