[FM21] Manchester United: A club stuck in transition

BigV

1 hour ago, Chapman7 said:

Has anyone managed to get more of a similar out put to Bruno for Pogba?

7 games into the season and pogba has done fairly well for me. Avg rating of 8.2 with 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. Long shot outside and a few deep balls breaking the lines for the assists in CM 4231. In a 433 he could probably do quite well for an 8 on attack duty.

Bruno 1 goal and 4 assists so close but both are my main creators, one deep and one further up. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BigV said:

7 games into the season and pogba has done fairly well for me. Avg rating of 8.2 with 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. Long shot outside and a few deep balls breaking the lines for the assists in CM 4231. In a 433 he could probably do quite well for an 8 on attack duty.

Bruno 1 goal and 4 assists so close but both are my main creators, one deep and one further up. 

Yeah he's got the same amount of goals for you in 4 games lol he has 2 just two goals & 9 assists in 30 appearances.

Martial has 17 in 36

Cavani 13 in  30 

Bruno 12 in 32

Greenwood 9 in 26(had good month or two out injure around Christmas/new year period.)

Rashford 7 in 27

James 6 in 27

Donny 5 in 29 

Hannibal and Telles 3 in 24 and 30 respectively 

Pogba 2 in 30 

Diallo 2 in 8 

Shoretire 1 in 4 sub appearances score on his debut too 

Rest are defenders scored here and there maybe I'm expecting too much of Pogba input with Bruno setting the standards quite high with his consistent performances 

19 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Has anyone managed to get more of a similar out put to Bruno for Pogba? I know he won't get quite as close but want more than handful. Going to restart my United save as forgot to do my staff and mentoring groups and being in January would have wanted to have sorted them a bit earlier. Considering playing two Mezella one on Attack and one on Support to try get more from Pogba in a 3 man midfield rather than Advance Playmaker.

What is your tactics? Think that 2 Mezz is very attacking setup. If you try Pogba on B2B he is lazy in defense and Bruno is not much better in that department.

My setup is, after Pogba refuse to stay, Bruno on Mezz/Att, Fred/Rovella on B2B (even McTominay), Ajer on DM/DLP and before season 3 I bring Camavinga on that position. If I chase result I switch DM to AMC or SS (Depay). In 4-1-2-2-1 V formation.

So summer for season 2 is done.

1st the outs.

1980253762_s2outs.png.b621190c5336aa5afb1434a2e8befb65.png

Lindelof was the main out, he had a fair bit of interest and I needed to offload a defender so out he went. Mata was released after his contract expired, Dalot, Levitt and Chong weren't going to make so I cashed in. I got rid of most of the deadwood in season 1 so was fairly easy summer.

Now the in's.

1623392788_s2ins.png.93a4334be47dc8de94b560ebbace2485.png

Ndidi I brought in my last save, but I only got to use him for a season before I started again so I wanted to use him properly. Bailey is a player I really like, and I haven't brought him since fm19 so was the perfect right winger.

Milenkovic wasn't my 1st choice cb, but for 23 mil I couldn't say no. I used him on fm20 for my Man Utd and on a Lazio save, and he's one of the best defenders I've used so I'm quite happy to bring him in, especially at that price.

So main area's that the squad needed strengthening, cb, rw and dm all achieved. I did have a deal sorted for Max Aarons, but I cancelled it to keep Laird around the 1st team as he's someone I really want to develop.

Pogba has been given a new deal, mainly so I didn't lose him for free, this will more than likely be his last season with us. I also took up Cavani's 1 year extension, he won't stay past that and I already have some replacements lined up, with Jovic, Calvert Lewin and Kane as the main targets.

s2squad.thumb.png.63785589f43fddd9fb3ca483378bda47.png

This is how the squad looks, and that is probably my best 11, though Pogba and Cavani can easily come in for VDB and Martial.

1898036435_s2start.png.4c10079c550ee0eae5b77911275a81b6.png

Apart from 2 losses to Man City we have had a very good start. 

5 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

What is your tactics? Think that 2 Mezz is very attacking setup. If you try Pogba on B2B he is lazy in defense and Bruno is not much better in that department.

My setup is, after Pogba refuse to stay, Bruno on Mezz/Att, Fred/Rovella on B2B (even McTominay), Ajer on DM/DLP and before season 3 I bring Camavinga on that position. If I chase result I switch DM to AMC or SS (Depay). In 4-1-2-2-1 V formation.

It's a slow tempo short passing possession. After debating a double Mezzela thought about a Roaming Playmaker for Pogba and Mezzela for Bruno. With Fred as a DLP-Defend and McTominay as Half Back both in DM.

38 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

No, the stats I got from him, which were above your post is the best I have got from Pogba, and Bruno is simply unreal.

Didn't even realise your post must have missed it. What role is it you have him play in? Which formation do you play also? As I play a 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3DM as it is known on 21 

5 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

It's a slow tempo short passing possession. After debating a double Mezzela thought about a Roaming Playmaker for Pogba and Mezzela for Bruno. With Fred as a DLP-Defend and McTominay as Half Back both in DM.

Bielsa once say that you should have 3 in mid but not in the line. 3 in triangle is OK like DM+2MC or 2MC+AMC. With 2DM and 2MC you have crowd in the middle. Try carilero because with that role you gain width.

Post ss of formation and squad.

Started my Utd save again, this time going strikerless right from the start and making no signings in the first season. We won the quadruple, including the CL on pens against Juve, after Rashford scored a late extra-time equalizer assisted by super-sub Jesse Lingard.

Halfway through season 2, and Bruno has been even better than in the first save I had. I've brought in Grealish and Depay so we have good strength in depth and that seems to have really helped performances. I'll do a full write up with tactics etc this weekend, but for now here's a quick screen grab to show just how dominant Fernandes has been!

Screenshot 2021-01-12 17.56.38.png

15 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

Bielsa once say that you should have 3 in mid but not in the line. 3 in triangle is OK like DM+2MC or 2MC+AMC. With 2DM and 2MC you have crowd in the middle. Try carilero because with that role you gain width.

Post ss of formation and squad.

I mean my tactic works just would like more from Pogba really. Doesn't get as much I'd expect for a player of his attributes guess what managers have struggled with him at United 

Manchester United_ Overview-2.png

Manchester United_ Players.png

Manchester United_ Players-2.png

2 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Manchester United_ Overview-2.png

Manchester United_ Players.png

Manchester United_ Players-2.png

I play the same formation, usually have Pogba as a dlp on support, or have played him as a box to box where he has performed well.

The other formation I have used is a 4-4-1-1, and played Pogba on the left and as a wide playmaker, he performed really well there, but I have switched back to the 4-3-3. 1st season I think he got 7 goals and 10 assists, that's the best season I have got out of him, I think that's fairly decent.

1795541798_newtatic.thumb.png.96959ea3ec9b5b431152cfd2ce3e3003.png

This is the formation.

Edited by sedge11

Just got to Jan 2021 and debating weather or not to extend the contacts of Mata and Edinson Cavani. They have great personalities for mentoring but I really not use or need them and they both want well over 100k per week. What have others done in this situation?

1 hour ago, ramie said:

Just got to Jan 2021 and debating weather or not to extend the contacts of Mata and Edinson Cavani. They have great personalities for mentoring but I really not use or need them and they both want well over 100k per week. What have others done in this situation?

I triggered Cavani’s extension as he had been good, but I released Mata.

13 hours ago, ramie said:

Before I restarted my save I was planning to give Cavani an extension and had sold Mata in the first window but am debating on weather to keep him around for the first season or not

On 09/01/2021 at 03:16, Conan21 said:

Gee, I think you should just enjoy your save buddy. I know you have your OCD thing with tactics so I would hope this edit wouldn't then have you doubting a new save a month down the line. 

Just enjoy yourself mate

Thanks mate. Been caught up with stuff so haven't been on to play FM recently, I may use that file as I don't really want there being multiple godlike Messi players in the future, this file reduces them to a more realistic level.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

So the 2nd season is going well, we are in February and have only lost 3 games in all comps, in which 2 of them were those 2 early losses to Man city.

We had a nice surprise for the season with this.

1249167117_masonworldunder21.png.1e1de5ade8e3ce45f4bd7619c395a8dc.png

Greenwood has been excellent and is our top goal scorer so far with 19 goals in 24 games, he also won European golden boy.

Edited by sedge11

15 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

So the 2nd season is going well, we are in February and have only lost 3 games in all comps, in which 2 of them were those 2 early losses to Man city.

We had a nice surprise for the season with this.

1249167117_masonworldunder21.png.1e1de5ade8e3ce45f4bd7619c395a8dc.png

Greenwood has been excellent and is our top goal scorer so far with 19 goals in 24 games, he also won European golden boy.

I imagine you're playing him up top? My initial plan was (still is) to play him at AMR in the 1st season because I disable the 1st window and we are bare there but I plan on moving him up top to rotate with Martial for season 2.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

3 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I imagine you're playing him up top? My initial plan was (still is) to play him at AMR in the 1st season because I disable the 1st window and we are bare there but I plan on moving him up top to rotate with Martial for season 2.

Train him as a Complete Forward - Attack to give him an overall training coverage so he should be more than adequate at holding up the ball when needed if that's what you want a striker to do. Having a striker who can hold their own is always an advantage even if you don't. I will tend to rotate him on the wing and up top to get him some experience in the lower expectations games in cups and games you'd expect to have more than enough to win the game in. 

5 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Train him as a Complete Forward - Attack to give him an overall training coverage so he should be more than adequate at holding up the ball when needed if that's what you want a striker to do. Having a striker who can hold their own is always an advantage even if you don't. I will tend to rotate him on the wing and up top to get him some experience in the lower expectations games in cups and games you'd expect to have more than enough to win the game in. 

Yeah I wouldn't mind making him a more complete player as you can see he needs it, he's pretty one dimensional to begin with. I was planning on using a CF (A) up top but because I'm using a Treq behind at AMC I feel I may not need such a complete role ahead of him, I'll probably opt for a more basic role like AF, poacher (with roam) or PF (A). Still, it helps having a complete striker in terms of attributes for any striker role really, even poacher.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

27 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Bit of a mix really.

234245521_masonpositions.png.c1e66d5589a1d76bff0a317d0288a075.png

My front 3 are quite fluid really, the main front line has been Rashford, Bailey and Greenwood so they all play in each others positions.

19 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah I wouldn't mind making him a more complete player as you can see he needs it, he's pretty one dimensional to begin with. I was planning on using a CF (A) up top but because I'm using a Treq behind at AMC I feel I may not need such a complete role ahead of him, I'll probably opt for a more basic role like AF, poacher (with roam) or PF (A). Still, it still helps having a complete striker in terms of attributes for any striker role really, even poacher.

I don't tend to play with a Advanced Forward so always go for a Complete Forward myself and train anyone I feel could do with a general overhaul on their attributes for a season or two depending on how much it'll be needed. I play CAvani as a PF-Attack which is the one role I have had him get goals in my system 

2 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Bit of a mix really.

234245521_masonpositions.png.c1e66d5589a1d76bff0a317d0288a075.png

My front 3 are quite fluid really, the main front line has been Rashford, Bailey and Greenwood so they all play in each others positions.

Do you mean you use them in each others positions from time to time or do you set up position swaps before the game? 

1 minute ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Do you mean you use them in each others positions from time to time or do you set up position swaps before the game? 

Yea I use them in each other’s positions from time to time.

Rashford plays in 3 positions, Bailey plays either left or right wing, then Greenwood as shown in the picture.

31 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Whoa! How'd he take you rejecting the offer?

They've been tracking him for 2/3 years bidding every transfer window but the news item always has him "not interested in a move".

Thank God,although it took me a little while to hit the reject button:onmehead:

2 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

They've been tracking him for 2/3 years bidding every transfer window but the news item always has him "not interested in a move".

Thank God,although it took me a little while to hit the reject button:onmehead:

I'd probably would have needed to think weather to take it or not but he isn't even at his peak years yet either aha

Finished season 2 this week and it was incredible, so going to share how we did and tactics etc.

I've been playing strikerless on FM21 and I love it, it produces amazing movement, great interplay with the forwards and lots of chances. The way we pull around opposition defenders before fully tearing them apart borders on the cruel at times, but it is brilliant to watch. 

Just a quick summary of my first season to begin. We made no signings, but nonetheless I was determined to play a strikerless system and just bring in better players more suited to the system in the summer. As it turned out, we fared far better than I expected and ended up with a clean sweep of the league, Carabao and FA cups, and a penalty shoot-out Champions League win over Juve. You can see the league table from that season here; just the one defeat and an insane 105 points. We used the same tactics for both seasons so I'll include these here as well. The 4330 Wonk as I've called it was my primary tactic, but we did use the 4420 frequently, especially if I noticed we were getting exploited down our left hand side.

image.thumb.png.ead2a1ba57f181a64fa23cd80a9caa71.png

image.thumb.png.b0f58c3d227f488c44d26000df98e82d.png

image.thumb.png.a1a43e9e7d5a8e8ab36430417752db91.png

The forwards were incredible this season as well, in terms of G+A: Bruno with 68 in 47 games; Mason with 44 in 43; Rashford with 47 in 47; Martial with 41 in 40. Pretty astounding numbers, and all while playing alongside Dan James/Pellistri! I wanted to improve my options for the Winger position as that seemed to be my biggest weakness - Fred and McTominay were actually surprisingly useful as BWM, and my CBs were very solid as well. I wanted a new RB but couldn't find anyone for a realistic price that would be a better IWB than AWB, so the only 2 signings I made were Grealish and Memphis. Grealish went to the right, and Memphis was another option up front - I also extended Cavani's contract and sold him to Real for £8m, and I decided to keep Mata for another year as back up to Fernandes (I had VDB and Pogba rotating as the BBM, though I did occassionaly use them in the "Bruno role" when I had to). Lingard, a useful option in season 1, left, and Dan James decided he wanted to leave after I refused to give him a new contract, but unfortunately nobody wanted to buy him so he ended up going on loan to Juve(!!!!) for the second season. Speaking of...

image.thumb.png.17603dc0464494364a5c06a85bea062d.png

We dominated the league again, with the exact same records of Wins/Draws/Loss, however you'll notice the frankly insane number of goals we scored this season. We so nearly went Invincible as well, until we lost away to Emery's Newcastle on Matchday 35.

When you score that many goals you're going to have some pretty wild results, so here's a look at some of the more bonkers ones we had

image.thumb.png.aa3a0beeaf989e32bf73c9a4ef0ad7f8.png

Not sure what stands out more, the 11-1 scoreline or the fact that Fred got 2! I had so much fun this season, but I think my favourite game was in the CL semi final 1st leg, against PSG. We were the better side in the first half, limiting PSG to just 2 shots, and having a couple of half-chances ourselves. In the second half PSG score first, and what followed was perhaps the most ruthless 25 minutes of football ever seen:

image.thumb.png.32c939eb67ca9e81e55977efdf2a32ac.png

PSG in the mud, The Reds go marching on on on...

We won the 2nd leg as well, with a rotated side as we'd started to pick up a few injuries. Isak Hansen-Aaroen had made a few sub appearances for me and had done okay, but he stole the show in Paris with 2 goals and assist to give us a 3-1 win: 10-2 on aggregate.

Before we had the CL final, though, we had to face Liverpool in the FA Cup. This is also one of the more bonkers games we had this season. Scott went on a run of getting 3 red cards in April and May (quite an achievement), including one in this game. I was convinced he was out to de-rail the season because I wouldn't give him a new contract, but somehow we pulled out an incredible result to retain the FA Cup:

image.thumb.png.dbcb0f903e476bc91bd883c91e95671e.png

We weren't at our best, but Depay scored a brilliant hat trick early on, and then Mason came on to play up front on his own (we'd switched to the 4420 after the red card, which became a 4410) and scored 2 lovely goals himself. He's insane in this game. And to cap it off AWB got his first EVER United goal right at the end. A perfect end to a perfect day.

The Champions League final wasn't great, and Bruno had a stinker, but we won it due to Rashford's goal - he's now scored in 2 consecutive CL finals for us.

image.thumb.png.ba8a4f60ee6aac7cbb8094a077f4cdd2.png

So that's back-to-back quadruples for us, pretty remarkable stuff. All I want to add now is just screenshots of some of the player and team stats, which will show just how fantastic we were, at the bottom of this post. Bruno broke Denis Law's United record of 46 goals in a season by getting 47 in my 2nd season, and in the same season he broke the PL record for goals in a season by getting 36!

To give some numbers for all the forwards:

Bruno: 97 games - 79 goals, 77 assists

Greenwood: 87 games - 76 goals, 25 assists

Rashford: 99 games - 69 goals, 36 assists

Martial: 81 games - 55 goals, 21 assists

Depay (in one season): 47 games - 28 goals, 18 assists

Thanks for reading if you made it this far, hope you enjoyed it! Please feel free to use these tactics and, if you do, let me know if you have the same sort of success.

attackperformance.png

CCC.png

corners.png

fernandes stats.png

FernandesPOTY.png

squad goals for.png

squad stats.png

xg against.png

xg for.png

I've decided to so my annual ManUtd save this past weekend. 

1st season I have finished 2nd and lost the title to goal difference to ManCity, both on 79 points. Lost in the QF of Champ.League to Barcelona and lost the final of Carabao Cup to Liverpool. FA cup, lost in the 3rd round to Brighton.

So, not so good of a season in which I was experimenting with formations and played 3-5-2, 4-4-2 diamond before finally settling to 4-3-3 which is my main formation now.

As far as transfers, I have sold almost all of the deadwood and restrained myself from splashing out on huge transfers, deciding to go for more cheaper options and avoiding to spend big on wages.

So, I bought two players in the 1st season, bringing Manuel Locatelli from Sassuolo for 30mil euros in the summer,great deep lying playmaker who can play both DM and MC positions.. and another player in the winter window from Falmengo, Gabriel Barbosa who can play AML,AMR and ST for just 22 milion euros. He is a gem of a player, after having a huge impact in the 1st season he started the new season absolutely fantastic, scoring 7 goals in 5 games this far. 

Other two additions who joined in the summer of 2021 are midfielder Andre-Franc Zambo Anguissa from Fulham for 22 milion(plus 18 in instalments), good hard working player and striker Alexander Isak from Sociedad. This guy was expensive, but after failing to get Dybala or Joao Felix, he was my 3rd option on the list. I have payed 70 milion which is a lot but I had to pay his release clause otherwise Sociedad wouldn't sell. 

Players who have left the club from the top of my head are Jones, Cavani,Fred, Matic, Pereira, Joel Pereira,James, Lingard, Rojo.

The squad:

GOALKEEPERS: De Gea, Henderson, Grief

DEFENDERS: Shaw, Telles, Williams, Wan Bissaka, Laird, Bailly, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Lindeloef

MIDFIELDERS: Zambo Anguissa, McTominay, Locatelli, Pogba, Bruno Fernandes, Levitt, Van De Beek

ATTACKERS: Rashford, Martial, Diallo, Gabriel Barbosa, Isak, Greenwood

My starting 11 are: De Gea - Alex Telles, Maguire, Bailly, Wan Bissaka - Locatelli, Pogba, B. Fernandes - Rashford, Gabriel Barbosa, Isak

So season 2 is now finished. 

From the previous post we had the league wrapped up with 4 games to go. This is how it finished.

1719829126_s2league.thumb.png.e49bb9818c62c7bb2a7430dc0cf5d968.png

Sadly we couldn't get to 100 points, typically as soon as we wrapped up the title, we drew to liverpool and lost to Leicester. But still a great season, after an early loss to Man city, we went on a 21 game unbeaten run and pretty much were in complete control.

We also won the carabo cup, with possibly the easiest run to a cup final I have ever had. We absolutely dominated the final as well, to make it a pretty easy trophy win. 

2056107255_carabaocups2.png.e8431a6f8e350b02cc254d2c9a179090.png

We lost in the 5th round of the fa cup to southampton, Man city went and won that. Which meant in a strange event, ourselves and city swapped roles from season 1, where they won the league and carabao and we won the fa cup.

Champs league we went out in the quarter finals losing to Real Madrid, who ended up winning it.

Southampton went and won the europa league 2 or whatever it is called, to be the 1st other prem team to win a trophy other from ourselves and city.

The player stats for season 2 were:

2130767421_playerstatss2part1.thumb.png.6ccf65a0556baf0d1258af709d79ade1.png1072187414_playerstatss2part2.thumb.png.e1c94fc3389cfbd2d671f4252af107c9.png

The 2 left backs at the top of the average ratings, both Shaw and Telles had great seasons and rotated really well.  Bruno again was excellent, and though Pogba had a poor average rating I was happy with his stats.

Greenwood top scored and along with his world under21 player of the year, he also won another award.

891213156_greenwoods2.thumb.png.f39baba502b4576e8ac0299b7d50ee13.png

So onwards to season 3 and the transfer plans.

Cavani after 2 very good seasons will be released, I'm tempted to keep him but he's 35 and I think a new striker is needed. The 2 strikers I'm looking at are Calvert Lewin as he's english, and Barbosa, I have seen a few people use him and considering he's been playing back in Brazil his attributes are still incredible, he's also cheap.

I will probably offload Garner, as sadly I just haven't used him, then more than likely one of Fred and Matic will go, maybe both. To replace them I look to bring in Grealish or Maddison.

Other from that I can see it being a quiet summer, with maybe a right back the only other area to look at, but Laird did quite well when called upon.

Is 8 games into the season enough to start berating players cause they aren't scoring? Cant get rashi to work at all from that left side, neither martial but hes on and off, had a great pre season and just did so meh. Have 40m and shoulda bought a RW instead of holding out for sancho.

Anyone noticed cut backs are hard to score from? pogba has been my saving grace atm

On 20/11/2020 at 23:19, Gee_Simpson said:

How many of you disable the first window budget? I'll probably do so again, although it's really tempting to enable it to try move some deadwood on and also strengthen the team, but it feels strange adding on top of the business that's already been made irl. Means all the squads are correct and match real life up until January in game. 

I never do, 'cause I've had a couple of instances where I didn't even get a budget for January (with Marseille and Man U)... I know it must be a bug, but it's bad enough, so I never disable the first transfer window.  

2 hours ago, Matty89 said:

Anyone managed to get a 4-2-3-1 formation to work with United this year ?

I have but 8 games in :D very low scoring games but we keep on top. Short passing at higher tempo seems to keep teams from getting the ball. Set peices and balls from deep seem to be doing bits for me. Making pogba seem like a 20/10 atm and my saving grace

9 hours ago, Matty89 said:

Nice to see you here mate, I'm a fan of your Stars of Tomorrow videos on YouTube 👍🏻

I'll be using a 4231 myself, it has been working well from my initial tests on FM Touch so I'm confident it will work well for me in my 1st season, but not used it in a proper save yet. I just feel it has to be a 4231, especially with us using that formation regularly irl. 4231 happens to be my favourite formation irl over the 433 which many prefer. I have noticed it's starting to make a come back irl, more managers are using it again which is nice to see.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

11 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Nice to see you here mate, I'm a fan of your Stars of Tomorrow videos on YouTube 👍🏻

I'll be using a 4231 myself, it has been working well from my initial tests on FM Touch so I'm confident it will work well for me in my 1st season, but not used it in a proper save yet. I just feel it has to be a 4231, especially with us using that formation regularly irl. 4231 happens to be my favourite formation irl over the 433 which many prefer. I have noticed it's starting to make a come back irl, more managers are using it again which is nice to see.

Thanks man & yeah i like 4-2-3-1 my issue has always been getting the AMC's to work on FM goal wise

Season 3 transfers are done and the season is underway.

719029191_season3transfers.thumb.png.1af077cbfb7018ba717cf96548837198.png

1st the outs. Cavani left on a free, he had been a great servant and did well in the 2 years, I wanted to keep him but at 35 nearly 36 it was best to move on. Fred and Matic weren't used much in season 2 so felt simple to get rid. A fair few loans out, with the prospect of at least 3 of them being in the 1st team next season, in particular Hannibal, Kambwala and one of Williams and Liard, so hopefully they do well.

So the ins, Aarons comes in as competition for Wan Bissaka, I very nearly sold Wan Bissaka but I decided to keep him for now and send Laird and Williams out on loan for 1 more season.

Maddison comes in as cover for Bruno and Pogba. Belotti was an interesting one, he wasn't even on my radar but Chelsea had transfer listed him after a season where he only scored 6 goals in all comps for them. I used him on my AC Milan beta save and he was incredible got 37 goals and then 41 goals in the 2 seasons I used him there, he's a player I like and have used on previous fm's, so I took a punt and in he comes to replace Cavani.

Oh Pat Dunne is a regen cb, looks promising, will share pictures later on if he develops.

It's been an interesting start to the season, in all 3 seasons now we have lost a game within our 1st 5 league games, its annoying to keep doing that but we seem to respond well.

1693250477_s3start.png.046b63892aa94e25f09c4f421e3d1e42.png

On our start, Belotti has 8 goals in 8 games including a hattrick in the recent 5-2 win over Liverpool, I can't wait for him to score against Chelsea.

I'm really hoping to get one of Klopp or Pep sacked this season, Liverpool haven't won anything in this save so far, so he's more likely.

On 19/01/2021 at 17:14, Matty89 said:

I created this tactic after a lot of testing and it works perfectly. 

titre1.png.4308732ba1384656a204a0598afbd66e.png

The results without load and save, of course. 

titre2.thumb.png.ea04e888f8f186415f36c517590c567a.png

titre4.thumb.png.e18db65009956c774c26a880289ec1a5.png

This tactic is very much focused on good wingback and a solid midfield. If you look, Bissaka and Telles have the best rating.

titre3.thumb.png.6ba9a36f038110acb08651a5a22aa9db.png

16 minutes ago, Katsuo10 said:

I created this tactic after a lot of testing and it works perfectly. 

Funny thing is I use the exact same tactic (minus a few changes during games like extreme pressing to more pressing and taking off dribling more/going more direct)

I struggle to get them scoring,, might have to tweak it. 

8 minutes ago, BigV said:

Funny thing is I use the exact same tactic (minus a few changes during games like extreme pressing to more pressing and taking off dribling more/going more direct)

I struggle to get them scoring,, might have to tweak it. 

I do more or less the same thing in a match, i reduce the tempo to normal. I have not added an attacking individual instruction except on the Am. (and telles)

4-2-3-1 United.fmf

1 hour ago, Katsuo10 said:

I do more or less the same thing in a match, i reduce the tempo to normal. I have not added an attacking individual instruction except on the Am. (and telles)

4-2-3-1 United.fmf 42.95 kB · 0 downloads

Practically the same thinking :brock:

Think it was just the start of the season jitters, more flowing now, couldnt get rashy scoring, next thing I know he's scoring wonder goals. 

Martial has been poor for me, really dont know how to use him, AF works but his ratings are woeful, CF terrible but has more involvement, DLF seems perfect but doesnt work well with an AM/AP in AM role nor do they break the lines/dribble. 

On 23/01/2021 at 18:48, BigV said:

Martial has been poor for me, really dont know how to use him, AF works but his ratings are woeful, CF terrible but has more involvement, DLF seems perfect but doesnt work well with an AM/AP in AM role nor do they break the lines/dribble. 

I've had issues with Martial as well, I'm near the end of season 3 and probably going to sell him at the end of it.

He had been decent in the 1st 2 seasons, but this 3rd season he's been awful, he goes through spells where he's absolutely useless and won't get a rating above 6.5. That's playing him off the left as a IF and up front as a AF.

2 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I've had issues with Martial as well, I'm near the end of season 3 and probably going to sell him at the end of it.

He had been decent in the 1st 2 seasons, but this 3rd season he's been awful, he goes through spells where he's absolutely useless and won't get a rating above 6.5. That's playing him off the left as a IF and up front as a AF.

Realistic then :D

So the 3rd season is coming to an end. It's been a strange season, where for large parts we haven't been that good, defensively at times we have been awful and have so far lost 7 games in the league, yet somehow we have the best defense in the league and this season could have a very special ending.

948401594_s32gamesleft.thumb.png.0e496b99e396d96643ac64a1ea188acb.png

This is the league table with 2 games left, with Liverpool just recently losing to Man City.

Our recent results and final couple of games.

1345192825_s3results.png.eff3ea571ca7f81a1a1367ddba7d0ae5.png

Scoring alot in the last 4-5 games.

Also Belotti for the bargain of 20 mil, is top goal scorer in the league by 1 goal. I have put him on penalties for this last 2 games to hopefully help him win it. Will be the best 20 mil I have ever spent on fm.

EDIT:

Update Liverpool won their game, and we have just secured a vital win with a 93rd minute penalty winner.

2107885919_s3vitalwin.thumb.png.738ada1ede68f1ac56f9f2b795e3ebf3.png

So going into the final game now looks like this.

194502107_s31gameleft.png.b672109b31bb019f7853df8072d83d59.png

We have Fulham away, while Liverpool have Bournemouth away. With goal difference so tight, a win might not even be enough, got to score a few goals.

Edited by sedge11