Dragging and dropping player on tactic screen

JIMBOFMCD

@Ben Allingham @Ben Kenney @Jimmy Wong @Neil Brock Would it be possible to get any information about this? Maybe it belongs in a different topic thread. Interface maybe? But nonetheless it is practically making the game unplayable for me now. At first I thought it was because i'm playing on my laptop but i've always played FM on my laptop and never had this problem. Basically whenever I try to drag and switch players on the tactics screen it selects the player below or even two or three players below. I have to click the player multiple times in order to lock in on him or just press my mouse pad really hard to make sure the right one is selected. If I had a pc with a physical mouse I imagine that this wouldnt be that big of a deal but with a mouse pad on a laptop its extremely infuriating and what was once a convenience is practically rage quit inducing. It clear that this isn't an isolated thing and quite a few people are experiencing this. If this isn't the right forum thread and its been posted somewhere else before then i'd like to be directed to it please. Otherwise would it be possible to offer an explanation and/or assurance that the problem has been logged and is being looked at?

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but I (and others) have had an issue where the mouse cursor was misaligned to the screen so it was like you were clicking on something else. 

I managed to fix this by doing the following on my pc settings:

Control panel > appearance and personalisation > adjust screen resolution > make text and other items larger or smaller > then make sure font scaling is 100%.

Once done restart your computer, load up your game and hopefully the problem (if it is the same issue) will be gone. 🤞🏻

Not sure if it's the tech way to fix it, but I started a new save Sat night after spending most of Sat afternoon wanting to throw my laptop at a wall. 

It seemed to do the trick, first save was created on BETA release date, so I presumed it had been fixed? 

Saying that, I did have a play about with in game preferences. I also found another way to do it, instead of dragging the shirt etc, try highlighting over the player's name and clicking, dragging and dropping from there. Although, if some are experiencing a devious mouse then that may not work. 

Hope all that are experiencing this can sort it, the game is running a dream for me now! 

Edited by tobybilton1

• SI Staff

Hi all

Thanks for contributing to this thread. We are aware of an issue with the drag and drop function and are looking into it. However, as steps to reproduce the issue are not particularly consistent it is proving difficult to track down and fix. I would ask you to remain patient whilst we attempt to address the issue as quickly as we can and if any contributors to this thread have encountered a way to make the mouse pointer pick up the wrong player every single time, please do report it here, it will help hugely.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you guys having issues changing from back 4s to back 3s or from midfield 2s to flat midfield 3s?  That was something that was a huge issue for me in FM20 - taking a DM and trying to slide him up into a CM position would just swap the player with one of the CMs.  Likewise for CBs.

• SI Staff

Hey guys please help us understand a bit more, sorry there's such an annoying issue

Do you notice this, at all, elsewhere in the game or is it simply the tactics screen?  For example if you are in the Inbox and see a player's name - click it. Is the mouse accurate, is it behaving in general?

Or is it literally, only the tactics screen you find it? Posts like yours, @upthetoon are interesting as it seems like you're only noticing it when you try to set up a back 3...?

If it is a display issue, clearing your cache & preferences usually does sort, see:
https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360005525078-How-to-Delete-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder#text

And as my colleague Francis asked, and @Sunstrikuuu - what I'm getting at with display issues, if there's a combination of zoom + resolution that you find problematic, yeah, we want to know :)

Help us help you guys! And again - sorry about this. We did put out an update we thought would help last week, but don't worry, we're not going to let go of this until it is sorted.

8 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

Do you notice this, at all, elsewhere in the game or is it simply the tactics screen?  For example if you are in the Inbox and see a player's name - click it. Is the mouse accurate, is it behaving in general?

Or is it literally, only the tactics screen you find it? Posts like yours, @upthetoon are interesting as it seems like you're only noticing it when you try to set up a back 3...?

My mouse is all working fine. The problem is on the tactics screen - and i'm on FM21.

the issue happens in any position(defence,midfield,attack) on the pitch when you are trying to drag a player into the 'MIDDLE' to form a 3 from 2. The example below shows me trying to drag a player, my AF,  into the 'MIDDLE' of a back 3. But i can't do it as it keeps swapping the nearest player instead. If i'm dragging him down from the screen from the right side, it swaps with my right CB. if i drag him down by the left side, it swaps position with the left side. in this example it's from the right - as you can see the problem is because the game is selecting both my right CB and  the 'middle' position - but the right sided player is given priority and thus a swap is happening.

685547717_cantdropinposition.jpg.e85d902608fa0e8b379feb093fc679f6.jpg

Edited by upthetoon